Your Love

In the three months he had been in the new timeline he created, things got entirely better before they got worse. Barry was living in a forever that he created, where his life was surrounded by barrels of happiness in every breathing second. Any and every moment he was with his family, a smile never left his face. For once, since her death, he hadn't stopped being grateful for an action he took. 

A day hadn't passed where Parker and their children didn't see Barry. Compromise was key. Some days, he would travel to see her and sleepover at the apartment. Other days, she would bring the kids over for dinner at the Allen household. Parker was on better terms with the Allen parents, now, after sincere apologies were shared and received. 

"If I had been in your shoes, Park, I would have done the same thing. I don't blame you a bit, honey. It was wrong of me to dislike you all these years, especially now that I know exactly why you left," whispered Nora, as the two women watched the children play with their father outside. "You... They're beautiful, Parker. You've done a wonderful job raising them by yourself."

"Thank you," smiled Parker. 

"And thank you," Barry had overheard his mother say, "for loving my boy enough to let him create a life without you, for a little while."

"I can assure you I'm not leaving him again. Not ever..."

Evelyn was the sweetest baby girl Barry could have dreamed of. His heart, understandably, stuck with Evelyn more than Nathan. The girl clung to him every second she was physically able to. The feeling of her small body snug in his arms was a sensation Barry loved more than anything he could describe. Every minute spent with Evelyn, listening to her babble to herself, or dance off-beat, or even cry, for who knows what reason, was a blessing. Content was a word too lousy to describe the feeling inside of Barry when he was around her. 

Nathan, however, tolerated Barry. In their first introduction, it was clear Nathan wasn't pleased to meet his mother's new friend. With time, he learned to have fun with Barry. He didn't mind too much; it was clear the boy was entirely a Mommy's Boy. In the same way Evelyn clung to Barry, Nathan clung to Parker. He was a quiet kid when not smothering his mother. He tended to play with his toys by himself, do his own thing, but, if Evelyn asked, he would allow her to play without getting frustrated by adding her girl toys. He was a good boy, to say the least. Barry was reminded of himself when he watched the boy. 

Time spent with the three of them and Barry felt like an infinite loop of euphoria he wished he could live in forever. Whether they were out and about or sitting in the family room together, Barry cherished every minute of it. Time, he learned, was precious; a statement that would continue to impact his life even after Flashpoint ended. 

The beginning of the end, for Barry's Flashpoint, began in Jitters. Sitting across a table from one another, Parker and Barry busied themselves with their work. In the center of the table, a torn apart turkey sandwich sat, serving as their lunch. Neither half of the couple was very hungry. 

Frequently, Barry forgot the reason they were at Jitters. Watching Parker cautiously grade quizzes from her ASL class, then pause to shake crumbs off each paper, which made her more frustrated, was keeping his attention. She, in simple terms, was hard to keep his eyes off of. He could watch her for hours and avoid boredom. 

Parker let out a pained huff. She let the red pen slip through her fingers. She closed the manila folder with the quizzes, closed her eyes, then took deep breaths until she was able to look at Barry without wanting to shout, "These kids are so dumb!"

"You good?" chuckled Barry. 

"Take them from me," she begged.

Barry did as she asked.