Unconditionally- The Beginnin...

By mAy_justimagine

BOOK 1 in the UNCONDITIONALLY SERIES |COMPLETED| I listened expectantly as he spoke the next words, "There a... More

Unconditionally- The Beginning of Revelation
PROBLEMS IN CHAPTER VIEWING
Prologue
1. Animals that howl
2. Beyond the bowed crowd
3. The Girl who is His
4. Bewildering conversations
5. Rejection and a glass of water
6. Kindness and Cruelty
7. The Road she took
8. The Heart of a Beast
9. Jackets & Skirts
HAVING TROUBLE FOLLOWING ME?
10. The Unanswered Question
11. Disturbing Events
12. Calls & Deals
13. The Hunt and the Horror
14. The Girl who Crossed Over
15. A Friend in the Forest
16. An Impossible Mate
17. Coincidence & Control
18. The Call to a Loved One
19. The Odds
20. The 'Alpha'bet
21. In the Midst of Chaos
22. The Connection
23. The Most Unnerving fact
24. Mystery, Mirth and 'Mine'
25. One Shock after Another
26. Mazes and Mayhem
Heirarchy & Glossary
27. Counsel and Combat
28. Making Choices
29. Getting Answers
29.5 Dangerous Games
30. Conversations and Clarity
31. The Wolf and the Wizard
32. 'Before' into 'After'
33. Enigmatic Women
34. Digging deeper
35. Revelations and Dread
36. 'I was Wrong'
37. A Past and A Promise
38. Cry You a River
ANNOUNCEMENTS
39. A Proposition and A Prize
40. The Unexpected Unfolds
41. Into the Unknown
42. Desperate Times, Desperate Measures
43. A Home and A Heart
44. Sister Situations
45. Dinner and Delirium
46. Shadow Charades
47. Conflicting Opinions
48. Friends and Foes
49. In What felt like Forever
50. The Right Decision
51. The Luna's Shadow
52. Mist and Magic
53. Moving Forward
54. Archery & Anarchy
56. Irreplaceable
57. A First Time For Everything
58. Under the Stars
58.5 Storm Call
59. Ready
THANKS AND NEWS
BONUS: Christmas Kerfuffle
BOOK 2: SHADOWED HEARTS
SHADOW PLAY TRAILER

55. Incursion & Identity

98.3K 5K 1.5K
By mAy_justimagine

SURPRISE! DOUBLE UPDATE! YAAASSS! XD

Dedicated to mgcriz23 because you're awesome and also for your never failing support! Thank you!

A huge shoutout nerd_of_awesomenss for your amazing comments and enthusiasm towards this story. Means a lot to me!

NOTE: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS VIOLENCE.

PLEASE DO NOT COPY MY WORK!

This chapter is unedited so please excuse the grammatical errors. Enjoy!

____

Suzzanah's POV

My heart almost stopped in shock as that one word shook up my entire word.

Rogues!

Time almost stopped for me in the second that one word regurgitated in my head. A thousand thunderous growls ripped from several of the wolves in in the stadium, the most powerful of all emanating from my mate's chest. I gripped Zuerien's hands, not knowing what to say or do.

Was that why I had this terribly ominous feeling? Because we were under attack by Rogue werewolves!

"Where?" Zuerien demanded, his body immediately tensing, his grip around me tightening even further.

"Southern woods", the werewolf gasped out, "They're numerous Alpha"

"Southern?" Alpha Penson asked, a deep frown marring his features, "But why? There's nothing in the Southern part of the woods except a few old training grounds"

"Del!" Zuerien called out, "Get the Alphas and Betas and strongest of warriors and head out. I want the rest of the warrior wolves to divide yourselves into four units, three of which must head out to the other three borders while one must stay here and escort the women and young ones to safety and guard them. MOVE!"

Everyone immediately rushed to follow the orders, several of the large werewolves, including Cole and General Reginald hurrying into the woods, while others began to lead the females and younger wolves out of the Game Grounds.

Prophecy had fallen silent, and was no longer struggling but she still didn't seem to have snapped out of her trance.

"RINO!" Zuerien said, turning towards him, "I want you to stay by Suzzanah and Prophecy's side at all times. Talon, you too. Mind-link me immediately if anything happens"

Both Rino and Mr. Talon nodded.

"Suzzanah", Zuerien said turning me in his arms to face him and cupping my cheeks, "Stay safe, you hear me? If anything happens to you-"

"I'll be okay", I told him placing my hands on his chest reassuringly, "Don't worry about me and go. They need you out there"

He gave me a lingering, deeply yearning look as though it was painful for him to leave me here, but then nodded. Bending down he pressed a firm kiss on my forehead before releasing me.

"Marco, John, let's go", he said.

Alpha Penson nodded and Marco said, "Right", before handing a still dazed Prophecy over to Rino.

Rino picked her up on his back and Mr. Talon put a hand on my back, "Let's go child", he said.

I nodded before throwing Zuerien another worried look. He gave me one last reassuring nod before running into the woods with the other two Alphas. Yet another wave of uneasiness washed over me and I suddenly felt giddy.

For a second I felt weightless as though I were floating and once again an eerie whisper flooded my mind.

Beware Luna...

My heart rate sped up. It was him again, the blue-green eyed ghost.

Beware...

He had said these very same words to me once in a dream, and now as the lightheadedness faded away, I couldn't tell if I had just recollected those words or if he had really just said them to me.

Because this time, he hadn't appeared in front of me.

Not wanting to worry Mr. Talon and Rino, I quickly shook of the last few remnants of dizziness. Yet I couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was going to happen, especially after having heard those words.

Beware Luna...

The minute I turned around, I was flanked by several other large werewolf men.

"We've been ordered to protect you alongside the Young Master Perez, Luna", one of them told me.

I glanced at the large group of frightened looking women and adolescents who were trying to rush out through the exit. Mr. Talon had once told me how dangerous rogue attacks could be, and judging by the terrified looks on their faces, I knew they probably needed the comfort of protection far more than me.

"Don't worry about me", I told the warriors around me firmly, "Help the others. Just in case we get attacked, we need to be prepared. Four of you stay in front of the group and lead the way and four of your guard the back. The rest of you should disperse yourselves within the ground and keep a look out for any surprise attacks"

The warriors looked completely taken aback by my orders but immediately nodded and bowed, "Right away, Luna", they said and hurried to do as they had been told.

When I looked to my side, both Rino and Mr. Talon were staring at me wide eyed. I had no idea where all that confidence and strategics had come from just then, but right now I was feeling them more strongly than ever before and I might as well make good use of them.

"Let's go", I said and we started hastily making our way towards the group.

I glanced at Prophecy who was still staring blankly ahead, her eyes glassy and glazed over.

"Is she alright?" I asked Rino worriedly and he nodded, "Profussy always gets like this when she is seeing a vision", he told me, "Don't worry. She'll probably snap out of it any-"

She suddenly sat up straight on his back.

"-Minute", Rino completed a second later as we all looked up at Prophecy in alarm.

"Luna!" Mr. Talon said, "Are you alright?"

She didn't reply.

"Profussy?" Rino called out but she still didn't reply.

Worry overcame me and I reached out to touch her, but before I could she whispered, "Ch...ren..."

"What?" Rino asked, craning his neck to look back at her.

"Ch...ren...the chi...ren..."

"Chicken?" Rino asked making Mr. Talon scrunch up his face at him.

She gripped Rino's shoulders tighter, her body going stiff, "A path", she spoke more clearly now, "There's a path surrounded by bloodshed...on one side there is fire and on the other there is ice"

What...?

"And she's running", she breathed out, "Its too dangerous but she's still running"

"Who's running?" Mr. Talon asked.

"They're in trouble", she said, now looking down at Rino desperately, "Rino we have to help them! We have to help her! They're in trouble!"

Before anyone could ask her anything else a third wave of powerful emotions hit me hard out of nowhere, making me lose my balance. Both Rino and Mr. Talon lurched towards me and grabbed me together, while I blinked rapidly, trying to clear my vision.

"Suzzanah!" Mr. Talon said, bending towards me worriedly, "What's the matter child?"

My lips parted in an attempt to reply to him, but no words came out. All I could think about were the overwhelming feelings of fear and dread and putrid hatred that were burning through my veins.

Not my feelings.

And when I realized just whose emotions these were, my mind suddenly blanked and one heart wrenching voice echoed inside of me.

Lu-Luna...h-help...

An aggrieved cry escaped my lips as I clutched my chest in chilling realization.

TONY! THAT WAS TONY!

"ANNA!" Rino cried out as I whirled around to face the woods, Prophecy's whisper now making sense.

"Ch...ren...chi...ren"

"THE CHILDREN!" I cried out in absolute horror, "They're attacking the children!"

"WHAT?!"

Before I even knew what I was doing, my feet carrying me faster than ever before towards the woods.

"ANNA!" Rino cried out in alarm before lunging after me with Prophecy still on his back, "Ann-"

His cry was abruptly cut off and a wave of powerful hit my back making me stop momentarily and turn just in time to see Luna Prophecy disappear into thin air.

She...vanished- no!

She...teleported!

"LUNA PROPHECY!" Mr. Talon and several guards cried out in shock exactly at the same time as someone called out my name from the woods.

My head swirled to the side to find a thick mist suddenly covering the edge of the woods and my name resounding from their depths.

Suzzanah

It was her voice, the voice of the spirit who always guided me.

Suzzanah, hurry! Run!

Without thinking or wasting another second, I dashed into the suddenly misty woods. Behind me, I heard Rino and several of the warriors and cry out to me and run after me, but I didn't stop. I couldn't stop. I had to keep going.

As I ran through the woods, I could barely even see where I was going, but something inside of me kept telling me not to halt. The footsteps that had been following me soon started to sound distant and muffled, and I realized that this had happened to me before.

It was exactly like on the very first day of the Games, when Del and the other warrior wolves had chased after me and I had been engulfed by a thick fog that had saved me from them and led me to Zuerien.

But this time, when I emerged from the seams of the mist around me, it didn't lead me to Zuerien.

No.

It led me to hell.

Right before my eyes, a terrifyingly large wolf ripped off another's head with its ravenous teeth and flung it to the side heedlessly. My heart stopped beating and my world stopped moving as the blood of that wolf splattered everywhere, drenching the green glass in a river of scarlet.

No...No...please....No...

My knees nearly gave in underneath me as bile rose to my throat and pain tore through my body. Shrill screams and terrifying roars filled the air around me, making me want to cover my ears and run. But instead I stood transfixed to my spot, unable to move and unable to look away.

Zuerien...

A silent whimper escaped my lips as I unconsciously called out for my mate. The area between me and the orphanage was teeming with frenzied wolves who were tearing at each other's bodies.

Most of them looked so ferocious and wild that the sight made my insides turn. They reeked of blood, sweat and dirt, and their jaw were curled back in vicious snarls, saliva dripping down their muzzles. They lunged at a particular set of wolves violently, clawed at their necks and sunk their teeth into their flesh.

And for what seemed like an eternity, I just stood there in shock, wanting to do nothing but lose consciousness and wake up to a different world.

But just as I was ready to crumble, I heard a ferocious battle cry fill the air, and my entire being lurched forward in alarm as I recognized the voice.

Prophecy!

My eyes shot towards the distance where amidst a sea of blood thirsty wolves stood one young, blonde haired woman with her hands extended in front of her and power radiating off her. I watched petrified as one maniacal wolf jumped at her with its claws outstretched only to crash into an invisible wall in front of her and fall to the ground hard.

I realized that she had created some kind of magical wall there which was preventing the rogue wolves from getting to her. And when my gaze shifted, it zeroed in on all the little figures huddled behind her.

The children!

Relief flooded my body at the sight of the little ones standing behind her. Prophecy stood in front of them, her head whipping from side to side, her eyes keenly watching out for any wolves who dared to attack them.

She's protecting them, just as a Luna should be doing!

Just as I should be doing!

So get it together Suzzanah!

Forcing myself to remain calm, I quickly hid behind a massive tree next to me. It was so chaotic everywhere that no one had even noticed that I was standing just a small distance away, and that could work in my advantage.

As I peeked out from behind the tree, I saw that apart from Prophecy, there was a small group of wolves who were trying to keep the rogues from approaching the children.

The warrior wolves!

But it didn't take me long to realize that we were obviously losing here. Not only were the wolves who appeared to be on our side fewer in number, but most of them were already injured and tired.

And when I shifted my gaze, my knees nearly buckled underneath me when I saw that the orphanage was burning in humongous flames.

And some of the children were still inside!

NO!

I almost dashed out from behind the tree without thinking, but I stopped myself when I realized that charging into the battlefield with zero experience would do nothing but get me killed in two seconds flat. No, I needed a plan here. I needed to think. We needed help!

Zuerien!

Concentrating hard, I put all my attention into mind-linking Zuerien.

Zuerien, if you can hear me, please! Please get to orphanage right away! They're attacking the children. Prophecy is here and so am I! We need help! Hurry-!

My mind-link abruptly got cut off when I heard the shrill, ear-piercing scream of one of the children followed by the sound of glass shattering into a thousand shards. I gasped when I saw that one of the rogues had managed to get into the burning orphanage and my heart nearly stopped in horror.

NOOO!

The door of the orphanage was thrown open and several of the children and the caretaker Ms. Maria ran out into the courtyard. Ms. Maria held a giant flaming torch in front of her swinging it around to keep the rogues away, but I knew that wouldn't hold them off. Prophecy was trying to help them, but she already had her hands full.

Hurry! DO SOMETHING!

My hand immediately grabbed the bow that was hanging over my shoulder and the arrows strapped to my back. Yes!

Without wasting another minute, I mind-linked the children.

Kids its me. It's Luna Anna!

Almost immediately, all the terrified children behind Ms. Maria started to look around wide-eyed and confused. Good! I had their attention.

Listen to me carefully! When I say GO, all of you have to run towards the other Luna protecting your friends, alright?

The children still looked completely dazed but the older ones acted fast and started to push the children closer to where Prophecy was standing.

It's going to be okay kids, don't worry, I mind-linked, stepping out from behind the tree and pulling an arrow, I aimed it right in between Ms. Maria and the two giant wolves that were trying to attack her.

Ready?

I saw all the children tense, their eyes solely on Prophecy. I fired the arrow with as much force as I could, and it went soaring across the battlefield, and just as one of the wolves was about to attack Ms. Maria, the arrow shot in between making it lunge out of the way. Without wasting time, I drew two more arrows and fired them towards the wolves that were blocking their path to Prophecy.

The wolves growled and jumped out of the way before several of them turned their attention towards me. YES!

GO! NOW! I shouted.

Immediately the children started running towards Prophecy, dragging Ms. Maria along with them. Prophecy, who had been too shocked by the sudden firing of arrows, immediately snapped out of it and extended her hands towards the children engulfing them also in her protective barrier, just before one of the rogues sink its claws into them.

It worked!

My rejoicing was short-lived when I realized that now, several of the rogues were looking right at me, their lips curled back into vicious snarls and their eyes glinting with evil intent.

OH DAMN!

I saw Prophecy's features contort in horror as she screamed, "NOOO!"

Before I could even blink, the rogue closest to me let out sickening growl and dove at me with its teeth bared. My body moved out of reflex and I desperately threw myself backwards, but I knew that it wouldn't be enough to escape the enormous animal's attack.

But just as the wolf's teeth were a foot away from my face, a giant icicle shot out of the ground and impaled the wolf right in its abdomen. A scream escaped my lips as the wolf let out an agonizing howl before its body was thrown to the side. It slammed into a large tree trunk in the distance before going completely still.

Immediately afterwards, a figure stood over me, shielding me from the rest of the wolves that were bearing their razor-sharp teeth at me. And a waves of surreal relief washed over me when I recognized him.

"Rino!"

"Sorry I'm late Anna!" he said, throwing me a grin over his shoulder, "I got lost in the mist"

My eyes widened, the mist? He had managed to follow me through the mist?!

Three more wolves lunged at us together only to crash into walls of solid ice so hard that I could actually hear the sound of their bones breaking. I watched in absolute awe as Rino's hands shook with power before he flung them forward and a tsunami of water exploded out of nowhere, crashing powerfully into the rogues and sending them flying backwards.

Just as I picked myself off the ground we heard Luna Prophecy shout, "RINOOO!"

Rino's head jerked to the side and he gasped, "PRO! You're here?!"

"HELP!" Prophecy cried out as four rogues attacked them in unison and her barrier seemed to nearly break under the force of it.

Rino hand shot to the side in a circular motion and several giant shards of ice tore through air, piercing into the rogues that were attacking the children. I winced at the piercing sound of pained howling and the blood that flew everywhere, but I barely had time to feel nauseous.

Drawing more arrows, I fired them towards the wolves who were trying to attack Prophecy while Rino was doing his best fight off all the other rogues, because most of the warrior wolves were already down.

But just as he managed throw one large set of rogues to the side by launching another tidal wave, a horde of new rogues emerged out of the woods around us.

Shoot! There are too many!

I turned from side to side hurriedly not knowing which direction to shoot at when a giant wolf lunged at me without warning. A terrified cry escaped my lips as I fell backwards and fired the arrow, but it missed and my back it the ground hard. Pain flooded my body but and I screamed when the enormous rogue landed on top of me, its claws digging into the mud.

Intense fear and desperation raged withing me as I pushed and clawed at the wolf's body, trying to scramble out from underneath it. I heard Rino yell my name horrified as the rogue snarled at me viciously, its fowl rotten breath making me groan and gag.

Its wide jaws shot down towards my face and I cried out in fright, turning my head away just in time. One of its sharp teeth cut across my cheek sending a burning sting down the side of my face.

But just as its jaws were about to clamp down on my shoulder, it let out a high pitched yelp of pain and its body was ripped from on top of mine, making me scramble up on my elbows hastily.

My eyebrows knit together in confusion when I saw a large grey unfamiliar wolf throw the rogue to the side and growl menacingly at the others around us.

Suzzanah, are you alright!

I gasped, "Alpha Penson!"

I gaped at the grey wolf astounded. This was...Alpha Penson's wolf! It was big, bigger than the rogue that had just attacked me, but smaller than Zuerien, Cole and Marco's wolves. And there was something about the way it moved, it was different. All its movements were calculated and precise, not one made thoughtlessly, not one without purpose.

Suzzanah!

I snapped out of my shock and quickly got on my feet, "I'm fine!" I managed to choke out just as a group of rogues dashed at us violently.

Stay behind me! Alpha Penson ordered me as his wolf thrust its head into one of the oncoming wolves before shoving it onto a couple others.

I jerked my head to the side to find that Rino was surrounded on all sides. Even in the midst of battle, he kept turning to look my way.

"Anna!" he shouted when he saw that I was unharmed but was immediately blocked by yet another large wolf flung its claw in his face.

"RINO!" I cried out worriedly before quickly pulling out another arrow.

But before I could put it to my bow, a rogue grabbed the arrowhead between his giant teeth, nearly biting right into my hand. My heart nearly burst as I let out a cry of terror, drawing back my hand frantically, when all of a sudden the rogue's head exploded into flames.

I screamed, scrambling away from the rogue as it howled in agony and fell to the ground, shaking its head furiously. A thunderous growl echoed throughout the battleground and all the rogues around us went tense, their eyes widening and ears sticking up in alarm.

The relief that flooded my body knew no bounds.

He's here

I turned around just in time to find thousands of warrior wolves rushing into the battlefield and attacking the rogues. Right in the center of them was one ginormous black wolf whose presence was enough to make many of the rogues turn and run for their lives. His golden streak glinted brilliantly under the sun as he walked onto the field, his head held high and teeth bared.

"WOLFA!"

"KING!"

Rino and Prophecy cried out joyously and all the children's faces brightened up instantly. The rogues started to draw back, hesitation and fear clear in their previously wild eyes. The power that rolled off Kai's body was nearly palpable, sending chills down my spine.

Suzzanah, Kai's deep voice sounded in my mind.

I'm okay, I replied immediately.

After a few more moments of indecision, the rogues lunged at him all together. Fear struck my soul as I clutched my chest and cried out,

"KAI!"

Like a tornado, several of the rogues were sent flying in all directions and Kai let out yet another earthshaking growl before lunging forward. His movements had the gracefulness of a skilled warrior, and the power of a thousand men.

I recognized Cole and Marco's wolves in the field, destroying large masses of rogues and pushing them back. Several warrior wolves were now all around us, helping Rino and Alpha Penson in the battle.

My eyes flew towards Prophecy who was now slumped on the ground, breathing hard. But when the rogues tried to get anywhere near her or the children, the barrier still held firm much stronger than before, glinting a familiar blue every time a wolf slammed into it.

Marco's maze! I knew.

The battle's course had now completely changed. The rogues were being pushed back furiously, and although their numbers were large, they were no match for our strength. Kai alone was fighting off nearly 20 wolves at a time, his power unmatched on the battlefield.

Apart from him, Marco and Cole, there was another werewolf on the field who was doing incredibly well against the rogues, battling multiple at a time, in human form at that! 

General Reginald.

Alpha Penson's wolf suddenly appeared next to me, and pushed me to the side, a short distance away from all the violence. His large black eyes looked me over, brimming with concern and doubt.

Are you alright Suzzanah?

I'm fine, I said taking his large head in my hands, are you?

I am, he replied, I knew there had to be something wrong. The border breach in the Southern woods was just a distraction. The real attack was actually happening here, in the Northern woods! But...why? His wolf's eyes flashed with uncertainty, Why the orphanage specifically?

I swallowed hard, trying to think of the answer. Why the orphanage?

My eyes returned to the children who were now huddled close together. One of the little ones was crying and screaming as she reached out towards the burning orphanage.

Why the children...? I continued to think as I watched the little girl struggle in Madam Maria's grip. She was shouting one word over and over again, and when that one word sunk in, my mind nearly exploded in shock.

"TONYYY!"

A horrified gasp escaped my lips as my body lurched forward in alarm. Alpha Penson's wolf immediately steadied me while my eyes frantically scanned the children.

Where is he? Where is Tony?!

He wasn't there!

My eyes took in the sight of Madam Maria and Luna Prophecy's faces turning ashen in shock as little Ginny reached towards the burning orphanage crying for him. And then it hit me.

He was still inside!

Lu-Luna...h-help...

His voice from earlier...he had been calling for help! He was trapped inside the orphanage!

"NO!"

My attempts to dash towards the orphanage were immediately blocked by the Alpha Penson.

Suzzanah! What are you doing?!

"HE'S INSIDE!" I cried out in utter panic, "Tony's still inside the orphanage!"

Alpha Penson's eyes went wide in horror, but before he could reply his wolf yelped in pain. I screamed his name as he was dragged away from me by a rogue wolf that had bitten into his hind leg. Alpha Penson immediately struck the wolf with his claws making it let go of him and began to fight it off.

My heart was hammering in my chest, adrenaline surging through my body. My feet dug into the ground, as my knees bending on reflex. My eyes darted wildly from the raging battlefield to Ginny who was still crying hard and pointing to the orphanage which was going up in flames.

When my gaze returned to Ginny, I found Luna Prophecy staring right as me, her eyes wide in disbelief.

And that's when I heard it, the voice of the female spirit from the woods.

GO!

Without wasting another second and without so much as another thought, I broke into a sprint, running right into the middle of the battlefield. From behind me I heard Rino shout out to me in desperation, and Alpha Penson cry out my name in my mind, but I didn't stop. I couldn't.

GO! RUN!

I pushed myself to go faster, thinking of nothing else but the brown haired boy and his plea for help. My body moved unlike I had ever felt it move before, maneuvering itself through the gaps between the raging wolves, charging right at the burning orphanage.

In my peripheral vision, I could see several bloodthirsty wolves lunge at me as I shot past them, but the minute they got too close to me, they'd immediately be thrown to the side by the warrior wolves in the battlefield, their eyes blazing with passion.

To protect their Luna.

I ran like my life depended on it, ran like it was the only thing I knew how to do. My lungs were on fire, my legs were flooded with pain, but I didn't stop, I didn't slow down.

But just as I was nearly halfway through to the orphanage, I was attacked from both sides by a row of rogues who had been waiting for me to get to them. Fear ripped at my soul and just as I ducked my body trying to run past them, I was surrounded by walls of fire and ice.

Zuerien and Rino

My head shot up just in time to see a wall of flames stretching out on my left side, while a wall of jagged ice shot out of the ground on my right. And as I ran, the walls stretched on both sides of me, creating a safe path for me, shielding me from the battlefield around me, protecting me completely.

"There's a path surrounded by bloodshed...on one side there is fire and on the other there is ice"

As Prophecy's words from earlier echoed in my mind, I turned my head and through the flames, I found her staring right at me in absolute wonder.

"And she's running"

Prophecy's lips parted as I ran past her, but her words were muffled by the cries of the battlefield. And as I dashed across the courtyard of orphanage I heard Zuerien's voice fill my head.

SUZZANAH!

My body slammed into the partially open wooden doors and on both sides of me, flames burst forth towards me. I stopped in my tracks and shielded my face with both hands against the fire, but it didn't touch me, receding the minute they grazed my skin.

Suzzanah! Zuerien's powerful voice, The flames wont hurt you

My eyes went wide as he added, GO! GET TONY!

Feeling both pride and joy that he had finally trusted me to hold my own, I nodded, even though he couldn't see me.

OKAY!

My head shot from side to side, my eyes frantically searching for the little boy. The inside of the orphanage was completely trashed, the furniture was broken, the windows were shattered, glass pieces scattered everywhere, the curtains and rugs were ripped and torn and everything was on fire.

"TONY!" I shouted at the top of my lungs, "TONY! Where are you?!"

Something in the room next to me exploded and went up in flames making me cry out and jerk away from outburst of intense heat. I coughed hard, covering my mouth and nose as the smoke and dust invaded my lungs. My eyes were burning and I blinked continuously as I ran across the corridor.

"TONY!" I cried out, "Tony! Its me Anna! I'm here! Please answer me!"

I heard movement near the stairs and my heart leapt, "TONY!"

I ran to the stairs as fast as I could, "Tony, its me-"

My words died in my throat and my heart slammed against my chest as I came face to face with a giant rogue. I sucked in a sharp breath at the sight of its bared fangs and bloodied coat. I remembered that the reason Ms. Maria and the kids had run out of the orphanage was because a rogue wolf had gotten inside.

This was the one.

I took a step back, clutching my chest as fear tore through my veins. The giant brown wolf growled lowly before taking a threatening step towards me and my blood ran cold when I realized that the wolf had been in here for a while now.

No!

"Where is he?" I managed to somehow choke out despite my intense fright, "Where is the boy?"

The wolf snarled and took another step towards me making me back away. I reached for an arrow and realized that I only had one left. Pulling it out I immediately took aim on my bow.

"WHERE IS HE?!" I demanded again and the wolf's eyes glinted darkly.

Mr. Talon had once told me that wolves who had been rogue for too long did not have mind-link. Their human forms often went insane due to lack of a pack-link and quite a lot of them were just empty shells of their former selves.

I prayed desperately that Tony was okay as I took another step back, "If you hurt him..." my voice wavered and tears pricked my eyes, "If you hurt him-"

The wolf's lips curled back and he lunged at me before I could react, but a bolt of white energy shot out of nowhere and crashed into the wolf's ribs throwing it into a nearby wall.

MAGIC!

My head whipped to the side to find Luna Prophecy standing outside a broken wall, her hands outstretched.

"QUEEN!" she cried out frantically, "RUN!"

Immediately nodding, I turned to run down the corridor when an unearthly force froze my body, not letting me move.

No! Not that way!

The spirit woman's voice filled my head once again and my eyes went wide.

What?!

The rogue wolf had started to push itself off the ground and I needed to move fast.

"QUEEN! GET OUT OF HERE!" I heard Luna Prophecy shout once more as the rogue shook its head and growled at Luna Prophecy.

She yelped and flung another bolt of magic towards the rogue but this time the massive animal dodged the attack and jumped towards her. She screamed in shock and I immediately pulled back my arrow and fired.

It went right through the animal's hind leg making it emit a pained cry and fall to the ground. I hurriedly motioned for Luna Prophecy to run and she did the same to me before dashing away.

I was about to run too when I felt that ethereal pull on my body once more. And when my body swirled around, my head shot up the stairs, just in time to see a white garment drifting out of my line of sight.

Upstairs?!

As the rogue limped and turned towards me, I knew I needed to make a decision fast but I moved to face the rogue and looked into its eyes.

"You didn't hurt him...did you?" I asked and the rogue barred its teeth at me.

My gaze dropped to its foot which was bleeding badly, and something inside me hurt at the sight.

This was the first time I had willingly injured another living thing.

Taking a deep breath, I locked eyes with the wolf again. And just as it looked like it would attack me again, I spoke up,

"I'm sorry"

The wolf's body jerked to a halt, its ears sticking up in the air and its snarl faltering ever so slightly. Even though Mr. Talon had said they didn't understand, something told me...this rogue...did.

Swallowing hard, I repeated sincerely, "I'm sorry", before promptly turning and dashing up the stairs.

And I was quite sure I didn't hear it follow me.

When I ran up to the first floor I gasped when I noticed that everything was burning. How on Earth had the flames reached up here?! Black smoke filled the corridors making it hard for me to breathe or see as I coughed and moved my head from side to side.

"TONYYY?!" I shouted.

Upstairs

My head shot towards the stairs once more and through the smoke I could see a figure standing up there beckoning for me.

Hurry Suzzanah! The spirit's voice urged and I immediately shot up the stairs taking two at a time.

When I reached the spot where the figure had appeared to be, I realized that there was no one there. Shaking my head I kept running till I reached the second floor. My head jerked from side to side as I wondered which corridor to go down. That's when I remembered Ms. Maria having once told me about the study where Tony liked to read.

Immediately I raced down the right corridor, past all the burning portraits of the important people in Werewolf history that hung on the walls. The flames licked my clothes but didn't dare touch my skin, although I still felt the heat from the fire on my body.

I ran as fast as I could through the smoke flooded corridor and pushed into the study, nearly falling inside.

"TONY!"

I got no reply.

Breathing hard, I turned in all directions, my eyes darting across the tables and chairs and shelves in the burning room. Where was he?!

The table next to me broke, its splinters flying everywhere along with embers from the flames. I let out a shocked cry and jumped away from it before running into the room.

"TONY!" I screamed, "Are you in here?!"

I still got no reply and I realized that maybe I had miscalculated. Maybe he wasn't in this room. The flames in the room were starting to reach the ceiling now and I knew I couldn't stay here longer, because even if the flames couldn't touch me, the wooden pillars in this room could collapse any minute.

I was about to turn and run out of the study when something wrapped around my ankle tightly, preventing my movement. I gasped at the sensation, immediately recognizing it and when my eyes descended, I cried out in shock.

A Shadow!

The minute I saw it, the shadow let go of my ankle and swiftly zoomed to the corner of the room. I followed it hastily before coming to an abrupt halt in front of broken burning table. It took me less than a second to recognize the unconscious body sprawled under the planks of wood.

"TONY!" I immediately pushed aside the burning planks of wood, ignoring how the jagged ends cut into my skin.

I pulled the little boy out and gasped when I saw that the ends of his clothes were on fire and their was large burn mark on the back of his palm. I hurriedly patted my hands down on the flames, trying to put them out. This time they did burn immensely, but I didn't care. Once the flames were out, I pressed my hands to the side of his neck. His pulse was there.

"TONY!" I cried out, shaking the child, "Tony wake up!"

He didn't stir. His shadow lingered close to me, hiding from the raging flames in the shade my body provided. Without wasting another second, I picked up the unconscious child and looked down at the shadow.

"Let's go!" I said to it before running towards the door and out into the corridor.

I ran to stairs only to scream and come to a halt when I saw the flames were trailing up the carpeted stairs fast. They were everywhere and even if they didn't hurt me, there was no guarantee that they wouldn't hurt Tony.

Trapped from all sides, I clutched the little boy to my chest, desperately thinking of what to do. My eyes turned towards the study just in time to see a large wooden pillar collapse against the door and go up in flames.

Suzzanah!

My head whipped to the other side and I gasped at the sight of the woman before me.

"Its you!" I cried out at the female spirit from the woods, her dark hair falling over her shoulders and body draped in white.

Hurry! This way! she said motioning down the left corridor before disappearing.

Hugging Tony close I hurried down the corridor hoping it would lead us to a possible escape, but the corridor came to a dead end at a wall with a giant window and I gaped at her in disbelief.

She couldn't be serious!

I turned around to find that the flames had already reached the second floor and were now trailing down the corridor towards us fast.

Jump!

My eyes widened in alarm as her voice filled my head.

Jump Suzzanah, and do not be afraid.

Her voice was steady and reassuring and I breathed raggedly, preparing myself. The portrait closest to me caught fire and I immediately jumped away from it. Tony's shadow shrieked, hiding behind me.

My eyes fell to the curtains over the window and I immediately grabbed them, tearing them off the window. Hurriedly I wrapped Tony's body in the cloth before setting him down and trying to pry the window open.

To my horror I realized that it was jammed, it wouldn't budge. I tried a couple more times but it just wouldn't open. The flames were just about a three feet away from us now and I knew there was only one way to do this.

Picking up Tony once again, I closed my eyes and mind-linked.

Zuerien

SUZZANAH!

His reply came instantly flooded with anxiety and worry. He sounded completely frenzied, as though he hadn't spoken to me in ages, What ha-

Please, I cut him off, tightening my grip on Tony, Please catch me

And then taking a few steps back, I charged at the window and jumped, slamming my back into it as hard as I could. I felt it give way against me, the glass shattering and piercing through my clothes, into my skin.

And just before I squeezed my eyes shut, they found the burning painting at the very end of the corridor, the nameplate under which glistened brightly under the flames.

One of an extremely familiar woman.

When my body flew out of the window into the air, for a moment I felt completely disoriented, as though I was drifting in some sort of dream. But then I felt the pull of the earth beneath me and before I knew it, I was falling, hard and fast towards the faraway ground.

I kept my eyes squeezed shut tightly as my body cut through the air, wind crashing into my back, my hair flying upwards around my face. From beneath me I heard a thousand terrified shouts all screaming one word.

"LUNAAA!"

A thousand emotions flooded my body, but I couldn't recognize a single one. My body felt completely weightless and my insides felt numb. I could hardly even feel my heart beating inside my chest.

I didn't know what would happen, I didn't know how. But no matter how things turned out, as long as this child would live, I would have no regrets.

But one...

Suzzanah

At the sound of that voice, my eyes shot open and the sight in front of me left me completely breathless.

There she was, above me, her hands stretched out on either side of her body, her white dress fluttering in the wind. Her body was falling along with mine, with her facing me and me facing her. Her dark eyes, trained at me, were glinting with pride and her lips were pulled into a wide smile. Her dark hair was spread out like a canvas around her beautiful face.

And a silver streak shone in the midst of her dark hair.

My lips parted in silent proclamation of her name. A name which was now all too familiar. And when she smiled wider, I found myself smiling back at her with genuine warmth.

At this woman...who was the same as me...

And so we fell from the same sky together like a shooting star meant to grant a wish.

And my wish, was but one.

As I closed my eyes once again, I felt her spirit sink into me and a brilliant energy flowed throughout my body before piercing through my skull and flowing into my hair.

And just before I felt the earth beneath me, two large hands came underneath my body and I was engulfed in a warmth which was more comforting than anything else in the world. Which made me feel like my wish had been granted.

I'm here

My frame as well as Tony's, which was engulfed in my embrace, was pressed securely into a hard, strong surface, cocooned safely in its protection. It took me a few seconds to realize that I had not died. And when the feeling of weightlessness disappeared like a puff of smoke, I felt the heavy weight of my existence slam back into my body leaving me coughing and gasping for breath.

I heard several voices calling out my name while I kept my head buried in what I had recognized as my mate's chest. His hands weaved through my hair and skimmed over my body and Tony's, before I felt him press his lips to my forehead long and hard.

Its okay heart, everything's okay. I'm here.

His voice was warm, just like everything else about him. And it flooded my body with the most immense sense of relief. I could feel all his mixed feelings coursing through my body as I finally raised my head to look at him.

The first emotion I saw in his brown eyes was relief. It was what I saw in all their eyes. Every single person huddled around me.

My friends.

Despite my dazed disposition, I managed to give them a smile which was almost immediately returned. Alpha Penson bent over me, his hand pushing back the hair that covered my face before coming to rest on top of my head.

He smiled down at me tenderly and shook his head, "You will never change", he said softly, "Will you..."

And then he said the name I knew now, had once belonged to me.

"Emily"

****

A/N

Surprised?

Yes, I know, I'm awesome! LOL XD

This is why it took so long to update, because I wanted to give you guys a little double update to make the day a wee bit more special.

I hope you guys are happy ^-^

For those of you who don't remember, Emily is Alpha Penson's daughter who died 300 years ago.

The much awaited Zuerianah scenes are coming up!

For those of you who don't know, I have put up a book called 'Private Privileges' which will contain the Mature or Restricted scenes from all my works including Unconditionally. So if you want the 'details', don't forget to add that book to your libraries ;)

If you enjoyed it, please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.

Until next time,

All my love

Angel

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

140K 6.6K 43
nova lives in a sea of grey. her world is a dull canvas, bleak and lifeless. having grown up with an unorthodox background, in a poor urban town wit...
1.3M 45.7K 42
•••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••• ORIGINALLY 6.2M READS ON WATTPAD! First Unedited Draft. 64% manuscript sample. ••••••-••••••-••••••-•••••...
53.2K 1.4K 26
A werewolf in the midst of humans. What's up with that? But then, a group of werewolves join the school. What happens when the Alpha is her mate? Wi...
1M 42.5K 33
-COMPLETED- ~3 Years BEFORE Luna Hana~ The running never bothered her - she had run her entire life. From what? Nothing in particular...at least no...