Bedroom Window View...

By mica_blue

Summer is her favorite time of the year. Because that's when she gets to watch (not stalk) the boy she fell i... More

Bedroom Window View...
Talk about embarrassing...
He KNEW!!!!!
My cat's second home
Planned...
What the twins know
Scarlet Anderson
I guess Scarlet's my new Friend
Hide and Seek?
I'm 'it'...
My First Kiss
Am I pretty?
Flirting
West Gray
A Surprising Start of the Day
Evil Marshmallows
Sky Pays a Friendly Visit
Busted!
Extra Chapter: "What's your name?"
A Jealous Boy is a Difficult Person to Talk to
Phone Call
My New Name
I'm A Good Liar
What Stunned the Audience...
West's Friends
She Found a New Target
Awkward in the Closet
A Strange Turn of Events
A Great Night
Naomi has...Friends?
Stupid Assumptions
Tyler's...What?
Perfect Help
Before Departure
Operation: Look Seductive
Something About West Gray
Complications
Enjoying the Circumstances
Just Be Yourself
Why She Dropped By
A Strange Dream... Or Not
Worries
The Bomb
The Failed Attack
How Can You Smile Like That?
Is This Goodbye?
West, Approved By All
The Last Line
From Someone Else's Point of View
Extra Chapter: One Broken Heart Can Lead to New Love
Extra Chapter: Why She Fell in Love with Him

Oh...You're Back

69.9K 1.6K 209
By mica_blue

Nathan Hills

"I still say you should've tried taking her away," I told my idiot twin who was sulking in the corner of our room. I spun the computer chair so that I could face him and his pathetic state. "You tried acting cool in your stupid show of giving up on her and now you're acting like a baby," I said rolling my eyes when he glared daggers at me. "Would'ya just stop already? You're dampening my mood too."

"Oh shut up, nagging bastard," said Nick. "What else was I supposed to do but let her be?"

"Dude, you could've at least tried stealing her from him," I said throwing a stress-relieving ball at him. He caught it with his right hand and started squeezing the life out of it.

Nick snorted. "And you call me dumb."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Natt, are you blind?" he said. "She's helplessly in love with West! I'm smart enough to see that. Any move I make on her will result to nothing but failure. Even if she found out, which she already did, she'd turn me down on the spot. You should've seen it in her eyes… that made up resolve. If I didn't make a clean exit then, I'd end up ruining her relationship, my friendship with West, and my already damaged pride."

I just stared at him. "Whoa, I didn't know it was this serious."

This time, he rolled his eyes at me.

"So that's why you didn't try," I said.

"Yeah. Naomi wouldn't even look at me in that way. If I tried interfering, then what kind of selfish bastard would I be? Trying to steal my best friend's girl... That's just wrong."

I sighed and went to sit next to my sulking twin. Patting his shoulder in a brotherly manner I said, "There, there, it's okay, dude. Even though you claim to be the evil genius, you're still such a softy." He shoved at me. "Ass," I grumbled. "I'm trying to comfort you."

"Well, you're doing a hell of a job," he said, sarcasm dripping his voice.

"Man, heartbroken bros are such a pain in the ass," I said.

Nick hit me again. "Natt, stop being such a dick."

I looked at him with a faked hurt expression, "I can't believe this. Here I am, your totally amazing brother, comforting you in your painful state, and yet... you called me a dick?"

He rolled his eyes at me again. I grinned and leaned back against the wall. "So, if you saw 'I-love-West-forever' in Naomi's eyes, then what'd you see in West's? Did he go East shit on you?"

"No," he groaned. "That's what made it worse. I might've tried to fight him if he went all East shit on me, but no. Just no. He didn't even look mad. It was like he'd respect me for whatever decision I'd make regarding the freaking love triangle. But he also looked like he wasn't going to hand Naomi to me either."

I thought about that. "Well, yeah. West is like that. It's annoying sometimes... how he trusts his friends so much. If I were him, I might've punched you for kissing my girl."

Nick made a face. "I wouldn't ever kiss your girl. She's not my type."

I laughed. "She told me that her cousin's crushin' on you ever since she saw a picture of me. Holly said she wanted to meet you. Too bad she'll be disappointed."

Nick raised a questioning brow. I grinned and shrugged, "'Cause, she'll see how I'm the better looking one yet also the unavailable one."

This made him laugh. "Moron. We have the same face."

"I have a better body than you."

He snorted and I was glad he was lightening up.

"What? You want me to prove it?" I asked.

"Dude, we've done this last year. And I won," he said smugly.

"That's because you bribed one of them," I frowned at the memory.

He laughed, "No Natt, you were the one who bribed them. I blackmailed them. And it proved to be a better method."

"Oh, right," I mumbled. "Anyway, Holly's cousin, Sana, she's hot."

He sighed. "Thanks for trying man, but I'll pass."

"Look, if you're done sulking by five you should come with me to hang out with Logan and Owen. They're going to buy me some food."

"And why would they do that?" Nick asked.

"Because I was bored and decided to use that old video to have fun," I shrugged.

"You blackmailed them?" Nick's eyes glittered. "Which video did you use?"

"The one where they, oh you know, got drunk and..." I grinned as Nick laughed.

"So, you comin'?" I asked.

He sighed, "I was planning on moping all day. But how come I got stuck in your pace?"

"'Cause I'm an awesome twin and you love me," I said slinging an arm over his shoulder.

"You're gross," he said but he didn't deny anything. Yup, all Nicky needed was a little comfort.  We sat quietly for a while, with Nick going dark again but promising to come with me later.

And then I remembered something; something that had been bothering me since Naomi's aunt left. "Hey, Nick," I began. "I know you're, well, in the process of gathering the pieces of your broken heart and all but..."

Nick glared at my teasing but listened still. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something that's been bugging me."

Naomi Carter

"Does it still hurt?" I asked sitting stiffly at my seat.

"Huh?"

"Your head."

"Oh. Nah," he said dismissively. He was lying. I've watched him far too long to be deceived by that. Still, I didn't say anything and sat there on my seat without another word. Watching West stare at the ceiling with an unreadable expression, I bit my lip at the wonder of what could be going on in his head. Nick had just told me he... well, likes me. And West had found out about the kiss. Guilt was eating me away. If I found out that West had kissed my best friend, well, I'd be pretty mad. And yet West didn't yell, didn't glare, only stared and had that annoyingly private conversation with Nick.

My fingers kept playing at the hem of my blouse as I brought my gaze down. Nick said something that sounded like he was giving up on me. I didn't like seeing him hurt, but I really, clearly, couldn't return his feelings no matter how much I cared for him. I mean, I do love Nick. I really love Nick. But not in the same way I love West. Nick was undoubtedly hot. But... he wasn't West. I want to tell Nick that I was really happy about his feelings. I know how hard it is to like someone and not know if they'll like you back. I've spent years feeling that way about West. Always thinking there's this unclosable distance between us. And to think that I was fortunate enough to have my feelings answered for some insanely, impossible reason.

I lifted my gaze back to West and found him staring at me. My heartbeat quickened and I was once again under his spell. To think that this guy I've been watching for years is my boyfriend... and for it to happen to this summer? Well, I feel really happy even though next year...

"You okay?" West asked.

"Huh-what?" I said. "Ah, yeah. I'm okay."

He nodded and we elapsed into silence again. "Are you mad?" I asked in a small voice.

He glanced at me. "Mad about what?"

I looked down in shame, "About the fact that Nick and I kissed..."

West closed his eyes and said, "Yes."

After another moment..."I'm sorry," I whispered.

"How sorry are you?" he asked and I didn't catch his teasing tone. I couldn't meet his gaze. If he knew that I had kissed Nick back, what would he do?

"Very," I said.

"Prove it then," he said.

I looked up, "How?"

Something flickered in his emerald green eyes and my body went hot all over. "Kiss me."

"B-but your s-s-sick," I protested, feeling strangely shy and flustered.

"You didn't seem to care about that when I was high," he remarked. "Come here Naomi."

My face went ten times hotter. Rising from my seat, I swallowed before making myself take a step. I walked stiffly towards him. He sat up slowly, looking amused. When I just stood in front of him, staring, the corner of his lips twitched. "Lean down," he said softly. Completely hypnotized by his eyes and his voice, I did as I was told.

He was making me initiate the kiss. My heart hammered nervously as I stopped inches from his lips. When I realized that he was waiting and was not planning on doing anything but that, I slowly pressed my lips against his. I kissed him, and yet he didn't kiss me back. It felt like he wanted me to make him participate like the way he made me kiss him back without thinking. Unconsciously placing both hands on his shoulder, I kissed him the way he kissed me, lips moving softly, tenderly. I loved the feel of his lips against mine. And when I sucked his bottom lip, he made a sound low in his throat and he kissed me with tender hunger that matched my own.

His hand tangled in my hair and mine went in his. It felt so intoxicating to be kissed by West, to feel his warm mouth... My other hand mindlessly ran down his shoulder to his arm, and then it was at his chest his muscles flexed against my touch. Encouraged by that little reaction, I half-consciously placed it over his heart and felt the thundering beat of it against my hand. I was delighted to know that we were both feeling the same. And when my hand absently went over his abs and dropped lower, West stiffened and caught my wrist. His lips inches from mine while his green eyes dark and his face flushed. I felt really dizzy, but not dizzy enough to wonder what was wrong.

West saw the question in my eyes and lowered his gaze in response. Following, I saw that he was looking at my hand that was in his. And then I realized where it was heading if he hadn't caught it. My face went into a very unattractive shade of red. "I-I wasn't---I-I didn't---wasn't going to---" I said in humiliating panic.

His easy smile sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach. "I know."

 But still my color remained the same. Our faces were still inches apart as he brought my captured hand on his shoulder and he cupped my cheeks tenderly with both of his hands. His thumb caressed my cheeks lightly, softly as he just stared at me in silence. I looked at him too, mesmerized into a lightheaded idiot. My eyes looked at his lips... "I like kissing you..." I unintentionally blurted out my thoughts.

The grin that swept his face was absolutely breath-taking. And then it was replaced by a frown. "Next time, when you're alone with a guy, whether he's just a friend or not, you must never let him kiss you."

I pulled away and frowned a bit. "What if they take me by surprise?" Like the time with Nick.

"Just don't give them any openings," he said.

My brows furrowed. "I don't have any openings."

He quirked a brow. "Really?"

"I don't," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You do," he said mimicking my tone and my actions.

"No, I don't"

"Oh, hey Whisky," he said looking past me. I turned around and saw Whisky licking her paws. And when I looked back at West, I was greeted by his lips. He expertly dissolved all my will and was able to draw out a stupid little moan from me. I feel so embarrassed when I moan... I don't wanna moan! But if West moans... then that's a different story.

When he broke the kiss, with me breathing heavily, a smirk planted itself and he said, "You're really unguarded."

"I," breathe, "am," breathe, "not."

I started to get up so that he wouldn't be able to steal my senses again. I expected him to grab me and haul me back against him. A thrilling thought, but I heard him groan weakly. Whipping around to see what was wrong, I saw him with his head down, his hands on both sides of it. Oh no, it must be that headache of his.

I went back to sitting next to him, one hand on his shoulder. "West, are you okay?" I asked leaning down to get a look at his expression. Then everything happened so fast. The next thing I knew was that I was lying on my back, my head on the pillow, while West was on top of me. My eyes widened. And my cheeks flamed.

He stuck his tongue out and afterwards smirked. "See?" he said in amusement. "Full of openings."

"You tricked me!" I accused, squirming from underneath him.

"Guys do that," he informed me, pinning my wrists over my head in one hand.

"That's not fair," I pouted.

"Nothing's fair in love and war," he said mischievously.

I blinked and my face and body heated up ten times more. West stared at me curiously, his green eyes wondering. "What?" he asked. "Why are you blushing?"

"You said love," I said in a tiny voice.

He blinked at me. "So?"

"Nothing."

Silence once again followed and I saw West come to an understanding. "Oh."

He grinned playfully and leaned down slowly. I wondered what he was going to do. And then I felt his hair tickled the flesh near my collarbones, and soon I felt him bring his ear against my chest, listening to pounding beat of my heart.

I heard him chuckle. He lifted his head and grinned sexily at me. Dammit.

He leaned down and whispered huskily in my ear, then leaned back to examine as his words took effect on me. The result of it seemed to please him. Then suddenly, he let me go and I pushed him away, trying to calm the wild animal inside my chest. I glared at him for teasing me, though there was a big part of me that was really happy. He winked at me and lied back down to sleep.

But I wanted revenge.

Once he had settled, I pounced on him and placed his hands on either side of his head, holding them by his wrists. I smirked and said, "Now it's my turn."

His momentary shock was then replaced by a knowing grin. "And what are you going to do?" he asked.

I stopped. Yeah, what was I going to do? West knew how to soften me up and make me melt... I didn't know a thing.

"Um, kiss?" I said uncertainly.

He gave me a look, "That's what we've been doing earlier."

"Uh...French?" I said.

"That's still a kiss," he said.

"Hickey?"

"You already did that," he said. "Be original."

"Hmm..." I couldn't think of anything. I sat on him to think, letting go of his hands to cross my arms over my chest. His expression seemed to have changed when I sat on him, but I didn't pay attention. I was trying to think of how to get him flustered and under my power. I shifted in my seat and I saw West blink hard. "What's wrong?" I asked.

"N-nothing," he said through gritted teeth.

"Wait, are you mad at me?" I asked seeing his strangely dark expression.

"No," he said tonelessly.

I absently placed my hands on his abs and scooted a tiny bit closer. "You're not?"

"No," he said in the same tone.

I took his word and went back to thinking. "This is so frustrating!" I groaned, burying my head in his chest. I was sprawled on top of him, one of my legs between his, but I didn't really notice our position. I couldn't think of anything! Not one single thing popped into my head.

And then I heard the beat of his heart against my ear. It made me look up to see his expression. He looked...hot. "West?" I said.

"Get off of me," he ordered huskily.

"Why?"

"You're driving me insane," he said.

I stared at him wide-eyed. I leaned up on my elbows when I realized why. I had my chest pressed to him, my legs tangled with his, and earlier I was sitting on his...

I blushed bright red.

"Now get off," he said.

But I hadn't done anything intentionally yet! "No"

"Naomi," he warned. I took his wrists and placed his hands on either side of his head again. "No," I said stubbornly.

"Naomi," he growled, but then stopped as if he heard something. I thought he was trying to distract me so I ignored that. And then he suddenly closed his eyes and looked like he was asleep. "What are you doing?" I said.

I heard something drop on the floor. My head turned and I saw Auntie staring at me wide-eyed. "Naomi?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 301 6
𝙄𝙉 π™’π™ƒπ™„π˜Ύπ™ƒ javier and maeve make a bet. and whoever begs for sex first, loses. [age-gap / singe-mom] When newly divorced Maeve walked into the...
3.5M 72.5K 36
At age 16, Alex's heart was broken severely by the only boy she felt loved her. Now she's back and he left an everlasting change. She's dropped the g...
5.7K 73 10
There will be smut so you know⚠️
2.2M 69.6K 42
Highest Ranking: #2 in ChickLit | 16/01/19 Highest Ranking: #13 in Teen Fiction | 09/04/19 Highest Ranking: #24 in Romance | 16/09/19 He acted out be...