Rejecting Evangeline | ✓

By xMarMarBearx

Meet Evangeline Marie Wisteria - A werewolf who was abused and tortured by her pack, The Moonlight Pack. The... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note

Chapter 7

44.3K 873 108
By xMarMarBearx

Picture of Charlotte on top.

Evangeline

"Evangeline! Evangeline! Wake up sleepy head, we have training today!" someone yelled while they bounced on my bed. I groaned and rolled over to bury my face in my pillow, "Five more minutes." I begged sleepily, as I tried to go back to dreamland, trying my best to ignore the person hopping up and down like a bunny on my bed. "Come on Evangeline! That's no fun! You are not going to stay in bed all day now are you?" whined the person. Frustrated, I rolled over to face whoever was bothering me so early in the morning, squinting one eye open only to be blinded completely by the sunlight as the person abruptly opened the curtains. "Ahh! My eyes! It burns!" I screamed as I immediately disappeared under the duvet.

The person started tugging on the duvet, attempting to rip it off me. "Let's go, Evangeline! Get up or else I can guarantee you are not going to get any of my famous delicious blueberry pancakes." taunted the person. I shot right out of bed in fear, my eyes wild and wide, "I'm up!" I saw Charlotte laughing her ass off, "I can not believe that worked! Now come on sleeping beauty, get ready! You look like a bear who just woke up from twenty years of hibernation." she told me. I rolled my eyes, "Gee, thanks, Char. I am so glad to have such an honest friend in my life." Charlotte laughed and patted my messy bed head, "Anytime my dear Evangeline, see you at breakfast!" With that, she waltzed out of my room to let me get ready for the day. I brushed my teeth, splashed cold water on my face to wash away the face wash bubbled on my face, and tamed my wild hair. I then put on a sports bra, a loose tank top, a pair of black biker shorts, and my plain black and white tennis shoes.

I made my way downstairs and headed into the kitchen. The sight of Jake, Maxwell, and Tae preparing breakfast while wearing a bright neon pink apron and chef's hats made me laugh like a maniac for a minute straight. After I got over my laughing fit, I joined Jamie, Sydney, Blake, and Charlotte at the table. "Anyone wants to explain what is going on?" I asked in amusement. "Our mates are trying to make up for what they did yesterday," Jamie told me while smirking. I giggled, "Aww how adorable! Hey...Wait for a second, Blake why aren't you cooking for us too? You took part in the prank too!" Blake blushed and looked down, "I can't cook." he mumbled so quietly that even with my werewolf hearing, I could not hear a single thing he said. "I'm sorry, I did not quite catch that, mind repeating that Blake?" I asked him, whilst leaning closer. "I can't cook," Blake repeated, this time louder. I giggled, "Aww Blakey, anyone can cook. I am sure that you are not that bad!"

Charlotte laughed, "Trust me, Evangeline, you do not want to try his cooking, unless you actually want to end up bedridden for the next fifty years. He is the world's worst cook, not one can beat him to that title. Last year, he wanted to prove to us that he could cook if he tried really hard and the result was... let's just say it was horrifying. He made rock hard steak, that could literally be used as a murder weapon, served with a side of charcoal-colored and tasting pasta, so black that it was camouflage with the black plates he used to serve us, and lumpy asparagus that dripped water like an unending waterfall when you picked them up. And for dessert, the reason why we were not served the chocolate cake he made was due to the fact that it had exploded in the oven." Charlotte shivered as she recounted that fateful day. Sydney continued the story, "We were all sick for days after eating his creations, therefore, Blake was banned from cooking for any of us again." I chuckled, "Oh my god, that's hilarious. How can anyone be that bad at cooking." Blake crossed his arms and pouted, "It is not funny Evangeline." He looked like an adorable little child when he did that, it was amusing to see a big strong Alpha pout. I smiled, "You've got to admit, that story is pretty funny! Hey, we can be good at everything, right? It's good to have a balance."

"Ta-da!" Jake, Tae, and Maxwell exclaimed in harmony, as they served us our breakfast. I had to admit, they did a pretty good job. The big bowl of fruit salad looked juicy and sweet, the avocado on toast looked delicious, and the omelet was perfectly cooked. After they finished serving us, they joined us at the table and we all started eating. "This is delicious guys!" exclaimed Charlotte after taking a bite of the avocado toast. "This is the best omelet that I have ever tasted," Blake announced, after swallowing his first bite. "We decided to make a healthy, light, and balanced breakfast since we have training today," said Tae. "That is such a good idea, eating a big breakfast before training makes me feel sick whilst fighting" Sydney informed us. Charlotte turned to me with a grin, "Oh that's right! We all have training today and it is the first training session with Evangeline in our group! I can't wait to train with you girly!" I smiled at her and nodded, "Me too Charlotte! I still can not believe that I made it to the advanced group."

After breakfast, we headed to the training grounds, I briefly waved at my friend, Caleb when I spotted him amongst the crowd. He was placed in the intermediate group. Caleb gave me a thumbs up and mouthed a quick "Good luck!" before turning back to pay attention to his training coach. I also returned my attention to Blake and Tae, who were the training coaches for the advanced group. "Alright guys, today we are going to focus on head to head combat," announced Tae. "Please shift now and pair up with someone!" Blake commanded. "Hey Evangeline, Let's be partners!" Charlotte exclaimed, hugging one of my arms. I smiled at her, "Sure Char, I would love to!" She beamed, "Great! Let's shift then and get this party started." Winter danced in excitement, "Yay! Evangeline, my sweet and precious human, let me take over now! It is my time to shine!" I giggled, "Alright Winter, let's do this!" I let my wolf take over and soon we were on all fours. "Alright wolves, spread out and start your duels! The first one to pin down their opponents for exactly three seconds, wins the match." declared Blake. We were ready to beat and her wolf's fluffy butt. We swiftly walked over to a secluded area and got ready for our battle.

"Think you can beat me?" Violet mind-linked Winter. "Oh, not just beat you Vi, I will dominate you completely. Just you wait," replied Winter confidently. We circled each other for a few moments until she decided to strike first. Winter easily dodged the attack and swiped a paw across her face in retaliation, causing three bloody scratched marks to form. Charlotte whimpered and back away a bit before attempting to strike again. She lunged at me and caught us by the neck, we whimpered in pain as her teeth sunk deep into our flesh and pinning us down to the ground."Winter! What do we do now?" I frantically asked my wolf, trying hard to not whine out in pain. "Evangeline, trust me okay? Just trust me," Winter answered, her voice strong and reassuring.

Winter went limp and let her head limply fall to the ground in a thud. Immediately, I knew what my sly wolf's idea was. She acted like she was hurt, whining in pain and curling up our body in a pitiful fetal position. Charlotte instantly let go of our neck and worriedly nudged our snout with her own. In a flash, we got up and pinned her down with our paws."Got ya!" Winter mind-linked Violet. "1,2, and 3! Evangeline and Winter win!" announced Blake while clapping."Nice one Winter, that was brilliant!" I cheered. We let go of Charlotte and helped them up.

Charlotte gave me a wolfish grin, "Your wolf is a little trickster!" I returned her grin, "Comes in handy from time to time." After all of the duels were over, Blake commanded that we all shift back to our human forms. Charlotte and I did as we were told, going behind trees to change back. I felt a small spark of pain on my neck as I pulled on my tank top but, dismissed it, assuming that it will heal up soon. "Good job today guys! I saw hard work, grit, and determination out there today. Lots of great fights here today, keep it up, everyone. You guys are dismissed for the day, please use the rest of the day to rest." Blake beamed at the group.

I turned towards Charlotte and gave her a side hug, "Hey Char? I'm sorry for hurting you, I hope you're all better now." Charlotte looked at me a smiled, "I'm okay! All the injuries already healed up so don't worry! Your wolf is a sneaky little one, she is also very intelligent and a natural when it come to fighting. That trick she played, worked out well for her. You guys are going to be a great warrior one day." I blushed at the compliments, "Thank you, Char, you and your wolf are just as talented, I really admire how you were not afraid to strike first. I believe you guys are going to be great warriors too! We can continue to train hard together and..." Suddenly, before I could finish my sentence I felt a sharp pain in my neck, "Winter? What is happening? Why does it hurt so much?" I whimpered out."Evangeline, I am already trying to heal us but it's taking longer for us to completely heal because we have not used our werewolf powers for so long. Don't worry human, the pain will soon be over." Winter replied also whimpering in pain.

I closed my eyes and curled up into a ball on the ground as I waited for the pain to subside. "Evangeline? Are you okay? What is going on?" Charlotte asked me, worriedly as she held onto my shoulders. "Neck..." I mumbled out, unable to say anything more. Charlotte kneeled down and moved my hair to one side, "Oh no, Evangeline, your neck! There's blood everywhere! Why has it not healed yet? I'm so sorry, this is all my fault!" I gave her a weak smile and reassured her, "It is not your fault Char and I'm sure it does not look that bad." Charlotte shook her head, her bluebell eyes filling up with tears, "I'm so sorry Evangeline! You need to see the pack doctor. Blake!" Blake turned at the sound of his name and upon seeing me winced as another wave of pain passed, he ran over to us in a flash, "What happened?!" he asked frantically examined me. Charlotte looked down, "It is all my fault Blake, during the fight, I bit Evangeline's neck and it still has not healed yet. Can you please carry her to the pack doctor?" Blake nodded and picked me up bridal style, carrying me all the way to the pack doctor, "Hang in there, little one, everything is going to be alright." The pack doctor bandaged my neck to stop the bleeding and told me that I will be all healed up in thirty minutes. Blake held my hand tightly the entire time, "Lay back Evangeline and rest, you will be a good as new soon." I smiled gratefully at him and let him help me lay back onto the bed.

Charlotte peeped into the room, "Evangeline? Are you feeling better? I'm so sorry for hurting you. Maybe you should find a different partner for the next training session." Charlotte told me, the tone of her voice filled with sadness and regret. I smiled at her, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop apologizing? This is not your fault Char, I should have healed a long time ago but it's because my werewolf powers were dormant for so many years that healing takes longer for me. Besides, I do not want anyone else as my training partner, you are the one for me girly. I love having you as my training partner." Charlotte gave me the brightest smile, "Thank you, Evangeline, you are the sweetest of sweets and I love being your training partner too!"

While Blake, Charlotte and I were chatting amongst ourselves, we heard a series of knocks on the door, "Come in!" I called out. Maxwell, Jake, Tae, Sydney, and Jamie all rushed in and ambushed me in a group hug. When the smothering but very comforting hug ended, everyone started firing questions all at once. "What happened woman?" inquired Sydney. "We were so worried when we heard that you were at the pack doctor," Tae told me. "What happened sweetie?" asked Jamie. "How are you feeling?" asked Jake and Maxwell at the same time. They looked at each and screamed jinx whilst Blake rolled his eyes at his childish Beta and Delta. I giggled, "You two are absolute goofballs. Anyways to answer all of your questions, I am fine! I got a bite on my neck during a fight but it is no one's fault. I just take more time to heal than a normal werewolf." I said.

Everyone stayed silent for a while before finally, Jamie spoke, "That is not normal Evangeline, you should be all healed up by now." I sighed, "If I am being honest, my werewolf powers have not fully recovered yet. For a long time, I was too weak both physically and mentally to be able to use them. I was not allowed to shift to my wolf form, so due to the fact that I had to suppress my powers, it made them go dormant." Looks of sympathy, anger, and sadness flashed across everyone's' faces. "Oh Evangeline..." mumbled Jamie, unable to say anything else.

The past is in the past. I gave everyone a bright smile to lighten up the mood, "Guys, I'm okay now! I am safe. I have a new pack and most of all I have a family now. I am home." Everyone smiled along with me, "You are right Evangeline. We are so glad that you are part of our little family now. You deserve that and so much more." said Charlotte with happy tears rolling down her face and a cheery smile. Everyone came in for another group hug, only this one a little bit tighter, and filled with more warmth and love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 6K 25
Evangeline Parks was many things. Werewolf, daughter, future alpha of the Blue Moon Pack. But, a mate is something Evangeline is not. So what happens...
1.3M 41.9K 31
[Rejection Series Book 2] "Me, your mate? As if. You're weak and the reason my parents are dead!" He scuffs at my face and then does the worst thing...
198K 6.3K 60
(Fifth book in the My Mate series. Book two should be read before reading this one but it can be read as a stand alone) Son of Xzavier, the longest m...
356K 11.9K 32
[Rejection Series Book 3] "You may be the princess, but you're weak and worthless. I reject you as my mate." My heart shattered and then everything w...