Frost Academy

By _YoursTruly_

Victoria Frost is the daughter of the very wealthy headmaster of Frost Academy, Erebus Frost. Victoria has lo... More

Frost Academy
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six (finally)

Chapter Five

7K 251 81
By _YoursTruly_

CHAPTER 5

A/N:I want to apologize for the delay... But holy crap 15,000 reads?! :D you guys are the best.

-------------

My eyes opened. The sunlight bathed my skin as I lay on a quite comfortable bed, on my side. With a groan I closed my eyes again.

What happened yesterday was something I didn't want to deal with today, my neck stung and I could already tell that today was going to be a bad day. Why did I let Drake use me, why did I let him -feed- off of me?

Maybe I was one of those people that can't stand to see someone else in pain.

I was the cause of his suffering anyways, right?

Thoughts clouded my mind, forbidding me to go back to sleep. I sat up, rubbing my eyes before looking around. I noticed I was still in Drake's room...

I WAS IN DRAKE'S ROOM!

I suddenly jerked out of bed in search of a clock. I was probably going to be late for class.

The covers fell to the floor and I somehow found a way to trip on them, landing on the floor with a thud.

I looked up as the door was thrust open, revealing a concerned looking Drake.

"Shit, Victoria, are you okay?" he said, walking over to kneel next to me.

I looked up at him, "Yes I'm fine I just... What's the time?"

He gave me a half smile of sorts and offered a hand, I took it, "A little after eleven."

Once I was back on my feet, I swayed a bit, falling into his chest. He caught me immediatly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"I took too much blood, I'm so sorry Victoria."

I looked up to see a pained expression arcoss his face, he looked a bit angry too. My hands moved slowly, making their way up to his face, almost as if it wasn't me doing it.

But it was.

I ended up holding his face in my hands, tilting his head down so I could look him in the eyes. I was going to tell him that he shouldn't feel completely at fault, I had told him to do it.

He was looking at me with a strange twinkle in his eye, and I immediatly dropped my hands to my sides. What the hell was I doing?

"I... You said it was eleven, right? I should get going, I'm already late." I escaped his arms and headed for the door. Before I reached it Drake grabbed my hand,

"School's already half over..." he pointed out.

"I have a history test coming up," I said this with a slight whine. "And I fell asleep last class so I'm already behind."

"I know a bit about history..."

I whipped my head around to face him, a smile forming on my lips, "Are you offering to tutor me?"

"It seems so."

And that's what we did for a couple hours. He was actually smarter than I thought--not that I thought he was dumb. He just seemed more like the "I'm a badass, who needs school?" type.

Once I had left and went back to my dorm, Olivia was already there. School must have ended.

"Where were you?" she asked in a worried tone.

"I was at Drake's, we were studying." I said truthfully. She scanned my face, she seemed to be deciding on weather or not she should believe me. Her eyes drifted down to my neck, taking a sharp intake of breath.

"What happened, did he bite you?" she question, appearing in front of me in an instant.

I blushed slightly and attempted to cover the marks with my shirt collar, "Um..."

She placed her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes at me, "Well?" she persisted.

I gave her a pleading look, begging her not to pry anymore, and her face softened instantly. "Why...?"

"He was suffering. His usual blood wasn't satisfying him." I said slowly, avoiding eye-contact. It made me feel dirty that he drank from me. I felt used.

Her eyes widened when I said that, but she shook her head and grabbed my hand. "C'mon, I have the perfect necklace that will cover that up."

I was shocked at her sudden change of subject, but I shook it off and let her primp me for the ball later.

***

A few hours later we were dressed, and the necklace (it was a choker type thing, but fancy) that Olivia gave me did a good job at hiding the marks and it actually looked good with the dress.

Olivia walked out of the bathroom and spun around, "Do I look great or do I look great?"

I rolled my eyes and laughed at her, "You look great."

She was wearing a light blue colored dress, it stopped a little after her knees.

"You too, I especially love the hair.."

She had done my hair in a bun of sorts, letting a few strands to stay on either side of my face. My hair was loose, messy, and a bit overgrown, but in a relaxed sort of way.

As Olivia and I walked to the ball together, Zane somehow found a way to cloud my mind. What was I to him and why did he care about me so much? It was all just so confusing, I'd never had this much attention from guys before, let alone attractive guys.

What did they want from me? A relationship? To use me? Well if that's what they wanted they could go fu-

"Victoria... Hello?" Olivia waved a hand in my face.

"Sorry, what?" I asked. I must have been spacing out.

"I said we're here." she said gesturing to the crowd before us. People were standing in small groups, chatting. It really did look elegant with all of the fancy dresses and suits.

"Wow..." I mumbled as we walked in. Olivia left me almost immediatly, walking over to a good-looking guy and linking arms with him.

Great, now I looked like a loner.

I spotted Lilith, but it didn't seem like she liked me very much so I decided that I wouldn't go over there...

I looked around until my eyes landed on a crowd of people standing around one person. It was Zane, no doubt.

I rolled my eyes and sighed. Maybe I'd just go and stand on the sidelines.

I was leaning against a tall pillar, taking the time to get a good look at the place.

The ceilings were tall, with lovely crown molding. Pricey things were spread out across the room; paintings on the walls, vases, and a balcony was to the east. Was this Zane's house?

Two spiral staircases going up to the second floor indicated that there were bedrooms, so he must live here. Dang, he was rich.

"You seem to be enjoying yourself." a sarcastic voice said from my left. I jumped a bit and turned my head to see Drake. He was leaning against a wall with his arms crossed over his chest. He was in a uniform of sorts, though it actually looked good on him. I wonder why he would wear it to an event like this.

He seemed to know what I was thinking, "I'm here on work." he said with a shrug. "Gotta make sure no weirdos ruin the party."

I smirked at him, "It's a shame you're working. I would've danced with you if you'd as-"

"Victoria, there you are." Olivia exclaimed, walking over to me. She tensed when she saw Drake, but greeted him friendly.

"Hello Drake."

He gave her a curt nod.

"C'mon." she said turning to me. "I want to introduce you to a couple people."

***

After an hour of chatting, dancing and drinking (punch, of course) with Olivia's friends, I decided to get some fresh air and go out onto the balcony. After a while I felt a cold hand tap my shoulder.

I spun around to see Zane, and I pursed my lips at him. "I thought you'd forgotten about me."

"Don't humor me." he said with his half smile that I now knew him for. He held his hand out to me, palm facing upwards, and I put my own over it.

"You promised me a dance." he said, still holding my hand while the other went to my waist. I put my free hand on his shoulder and looked up at him,

"I don't remember promising... And I told you I can't dance, so don't get mad when I bruise your feet."

He chuckled and starting turning us in slow circles, "You're doing fine."

"This isn't really dancing..." I pointed out.

"Isn't it?"

I looked down at our feet, and sure enough I started to step on him. "I'm sorry, I told y-"

He tilted my chin up and gave me a reassuring smile. "Try not to look down, look at me."

And I did, butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?"

I blushed and shook my head, and when I looked back to him his eyes were on my neck. He was looking directly at where Drake bit me.

He didn't say anything about it though, maybe he didn't notice after all...

Maybe I was just imagining things.

<><><><><><><>hi<><><><><><><><><><><>

OKAY, I may or may not add more to this chapter, depending on how long it is on Wattpad.

Feel free to leave a comment/vote/fan.

P.s HOLY SWEET JESUS, 15,000 reads!? I know I mentioned it at the begining of the chapter but hot damn... That's a lot xD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

930K 26.3K 57
Highest ranking #4 in Action {Completed} Highly unedited, once I am done I will edit :) Her name is Samantha or Sam for short. She is just a normal g...
Numb By Aditri K

Teen Fiction

873 13 19
A girl became so numb that she couldn't lose control of herself. Everyone and everything were smothering her, even her parents. That's when she met s...
339K 8.7K 25
Autumn King is a 21 year old junior at Fairendell University. She is the captain of the soccer ball team. Autumn King is a player at heart. She slee...
32.7K 690 10
Gabriel Dawson tries to stay hidden when he attends his high school. He does not want to attract unwanted attention since he already has a living nig...