The Crafting Dead Short stor...

By Evilvixen05

A mere collection of novelizations of random moments from the RP series The Crafting Dead by SGCBarbierian ... More

S5 - E10: Losing a Friend
Bonus Scene: Barney's Death
S3-E4: End of Days (Nightmare)
Sneak Peek: 3 Days Later
S9 -E1: 3 Days Later
S11-E1: Similar Interests
S6-E10: A True Hero
S11-E6: Striking Back
S10-E10: Red Wedding
S5-E5: Saying Goodbye
Sneak Peek: Intermission - Character Dossier
Intermission: Character Dossier - Original Group
Intermisson: Song Explanations
A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!
A/N: Happy New Years!
A/N: Bad News

Intermission: Character Dossier - Secondary Group

205 8 7
By Evilvixen05

A/N: Hey there my fellow readers, Vix here with part two of the character dossier.

Since I'm a bit stuck on what moment to write from the series, I figured I'd actually a dossier or a profile on the characters we've seen in the Crafting Dead and by that I mean the characters that had some kind of impact on our favorite group of survivors. So minor characters that come and go in like one episode will not be added.

And to make this perfectly clear, this is a collection of details that I see in the characters. So this is a mix of series' facts and original head-canons. Don't worry if I tend to sound like a wiki page, it usually happens when I don't know what to think and just recap what happened to that character.

The reason I'm doing this is because I want my readers to know how I see the characters and why they think or act the way I write them in these novelization pieces. That and a perfect way to keep track of what I think when writing them so its not a huge jumbled mess to me. Though, I'm pretty sure is going to be a jumbled mess to read. XD But I'll fix it as I remember more of how I see them or learn how to better word my shit.

So I hope you enjoy this.

I can try to do requests as long as they're within the series, though I can try to do an original bit like I did with Barney's Death but that'll be tricky to do. Still, I'll try my best, if I can't do that then I apologize in advance and hope you can settle with an actual moment from the series itself.

Overall Theme for ALL characters in SGCBarbierian's The Crafting Dead: Centuries by Fall Out boy

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Jess

Theme: Fight Song by Rachel Platten / Lullaby For A Stormy Night by Vienna Teng

Status: Active/Unknown

Role: Emotional Support

Jess is the sixth survivor to be found, allied and later on join the group. She's also the first female to join... much to the joy of at least three of the guys. She's light-hearted and helpful, once her trust is won. She's also quite playful; joking with the guys to get a few laughs and let them relax. She's quite a shot and a fairly good sniper, and apparently well versed in keeping low. Aside her being a joking person, she also is quite understanding and patient. Making her excellent in calming people down and lending them her support when others are emotionally distraught.

But like everyone else, while she has excellent strengths she also has weaknesses. One being that she's not exactly trusting of others quickly unless the majority of her friends are comfortable with that person and takes her a little bit to warm up to them. 

She's still skittish being around the group and keeps to herself a times, still used to and ready to be alone again. A third flaw is her soft nature, while she's excellent in calming people, she can easily panic when concerned about others and often jumps to the worst case scenario as she worries. Her final flaw being that, she often blames herself when things go wrong, especially when it comes to losing people.

Despite the loss of both Barney and Sky, that hurt her deeply, Jess now has a more positive outlook on life thanks to lives that touched hers since meeting them. She decides to strike it out on her own once more. AK helps her by taking her to the ship they had used and giving it to her so she can go where she wished and wished her luck as she goes off to search for her father with Yodie the dog.

As of now, no one knows of her status or her whereabouts... nor know if they would ever meet her again.

Quirk: She's a bit trigger happy, don't stand in gun's sights. May have had a crush on Sky

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Yodie

Status: Active/Unknown

Role: Group pet and mascot

Yodie is a dog discovered by Nick and Ghetto as they search for wood to use at Barney's cabin. And the seventh member of the group. While he initially runs off after being freed from a hole the he fell into and was trapped by a tree covering it; he later returns and joins the group, much to the group's joy of having a pet. It almost felt like things were being normal again. Yodie is very loyal and loving, attacking walkers swiftly should members of the group be in danger.

Sadly, Yodie was left alone when the guys left the ship to check out Heyworth... and never returned for him. So it's guessed, that Yodie had stayed by the ship for days, waiting then apparently jumped the ship to seek food and water but stayed on the land nearest to the ship in case the others came back.

Though it seems AK remembered him, having come and gone to check on the ship during their stay at DC. Later on Yodie joins Jess in her solo quest to find her father.

Like Jess, its unknown where he is or what his status is currently.

Quirk: loves belly rubs, baths and peaches

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Barney

Theme: Photograph by Nickelback / Demons by Imagine Dragons (the protective verses, shares with Sky)

Status: Active

Role: Moral Support / Crossbow sniper

Barney is the eighth member of Nick's group. He's... how you say, the oddball of the gang. With his broken English and positive outlook on life, he makes anyone smile at his goofy nature and antics. Barney also has a good head on his shoulders and observant if a little absentminded at times. His specialty is being the moral compass of the group, often cheering up the others with understanding and firmly believing that not everything is as hopeless as it seems.

His flaws of course do creep up at times. One of them being his broken English, it makes it a little difficult for others to understand what he means for a bit, though that's part of his charm. Another being Barney's attachment to his best friend, Sky. His attachment is a double edge sword, it can be a great thing, letting him focus on the task at hand if it meant his friend's survival. 

But the price is the fact he will literally refuse to go anywhere else with a group if Sky is not with them or drops his guard completely if he's in danger and in his sights. And the fact he strongly cares for Sky (like brothers), leads him to be worry himself sick when Sky does something rather risky. 

Despite having a good head on his shoulders, his sense of fear can get the best of him. His fear often has him hesitate in making any kind of move, be it from firing a weapon or moving from his current spot and causes him to lose focus rather quickly.

But despite his flaws, he's a good dinosaur at heart, firmly believing in his group of friends and tries his best even in the darkest of moments and situations.

Hell, even being killed twice doesn't damper his nature but now, that he's been revived fully from the joint efforts of Dr. Ross (who revived him as a walker after his deaths) and Dr. Jin and Prof. Xavier (who 'cured' him),he has to adjust in missing out several months while he was dead. This includes coming to terms with the death of his best friend, Sky. He remains positive, opting to choose to live his life for Sky.

The only thing that shatters his positive thinking and changing his view of the world forever is the fall of the CDC. Despite Nick's reassurance that the lives lost that day were not his fault, Barney blames himself for the near complete annihilation of the CDC survivors caused by the survival group The Strangers. He knows it because he views that had he not spoken of the CDC while captured and tortured... then the lives lost that day would still be alive.

He is currently still traveling with Nick, Shelby, Prof. Xavier and Monroe; seeking out a new place to call home and hopes to one day reunite with the other half of the surviving team of Ghetto, Shark and Saber.

Quirk: Has a love for crossbows and refers Sky as 'Goat'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Sky

Theme: If Today Was Your Last Day by Nickelback / Falling Inside the Black by Skillet / The Curse by Disturbed / Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park / Demons by Imagine Dragons (the 'demonic' verses, shares with Barney)

Status: Deceased / Unknown

Role: Secondary Leader / Loot Runner

Sky, or Goat as Barney calls him, is the ninth member of the group and was temporary leader of Jess and Barney as they searched for Nick's group. He's bright and cheerful like Barney and very expressive about his emotions. Sky has adept leadership skills and quite resourceful when he needs to, proving so by planning his and Barney's escape from their cells in Heyworth, stealing the keys from the guard to do so. And getting Barney to snap out of his fearful trance long enough to navigate Red's base.

Despite being loud, Sky is also quite good at being stealthy when he had no other weapon but a Bowie Knife. He is protective of his friends and will go to great lengths to help them, going as far to give up his own supplies to keep them healthy despite needing them himself. And he has some control of his emotions, able to admit he's scared but focuses hard to keep to the task at hand for the safety of his group.

He isn't without flaws however. One of them being his... well... loud mouth. Strangely good at keeping quiet when needed, Sky tends to be a little loud when discovering something useful or finds something horrifying. How no one tends to hear him yelp when he's close by is anyone's guess.

One of his bigger flaws however, is his temper. He's very quick to anger and will attack whomever sparked his rage, regardless if he's attacked in return. But his biggest flaw... like Barney, is his attachment to his best friend being a double edge sword. Having known each for years far before the outbreak, has made the pair rely on each other both morally and emotionally to function correctly.

Whereas Barney is more stable in dealing with his loss; Sky was the total opposite.

This is proven when Sky is forced to look on in horror at Barney in being a Walker and forced to put him down. At the knowledge that his friend had been turned by someone they all trusted, his sorrow and rage became a black storm in his mind and heart. He latched onto Jess for being his next pillar of strength but that did not quell his emotions at all, which caused him to go down the dark path of revenge. And the effects of that was quickly shown to the rest of the group as Sky's temperament became worse and his talk of revenge did not stop.

Even at the promise of taking care of himself first before the group should search for Ross; Sky took it upon himself to search for the mad scientist on his own, Jess tagging along to be sure he didn't fulfill his dark desire. And overall became obsessed with finding Ross and avenging his best friend; even roping Ghetto into his revenge as well.

Though sadly in the end, he had been right; that killing Ross would've been a safer objective than letting him live. Because upon discovering Ross and ironically saving him from Sky's wrath, Ross escaped the group's custody and infected Sky with a more powerful strain of the virus used to make Walkers.

From there, Sky remained unconscious for most of the time, the only way to keep the virus from killing him and be able to receive treatment. But Ross returned to the White House with explosives and planned to kill everyone inside, including himself to stop them from finding a cure to his work.

To save Nick's and everyone else' lives and let them continue to work on the only hope for the world, Sky appeared and threw himself and Ross off the roof of the White House, dying a true hero.

But this is not where Sky's tale ends apparently.

For months after his and Barney's deaths and seemingly the same for Ross... Nick discovers both graves of the two friends were dug up and emptied...

It was Red on Ross' behalf, that stole both corpses and brought them back to the mad scientist.

Barney was revived...

Sky maybe the next to return...

Quirk: loves canned peaches, only allows Barney to call him 'Goat' without trouble, shows incredible willpower and determination and perhaps a resistance to the virus having survived a much more aggressive strain of the virus that should have killed him in his sleep

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Jin

Theme: (pending)

Status: Unknown / Deceased(?)

Role: Scientist / Sniper

Jin is the tenth member of Nick's group and the only scientist left within the White House. He is studious, friendly and quiet. His specialty is duplicating Formula X for Ghetto to keep him from turning completely; and actively seeking a way to defeat Ross' virus to save what was left of the world. While he mainly keeps to the labs to continue his research in finding a cure, Jin didn't feel right doing nothing to help in a more defensive manner.

Now, he's not that powerful physically or good with close range weapons, and he knows this, so he tends to keep distance. And as such, picked the rifle as his weapon of choice, and no one would argue with him on that. He's extremely accurate with it.

Being a scientist... Jin has his share of flaws. Amazingly, they don't show up as bad as anyone thinks. A flaw but part of his personality, is his tendency to talk a mile a minute when excited over anything scientific, often forgetting who it is he's talking to. Going hand in hand with the previous flaw is Jin's habit of using scientific words and phrases when giving an answer to a question about the research he's doing. Again, often forgetting that not all of the group can understand a lick of what he says until he catches himself and correctly puts it together in a manner they can understand. It doesn't always work but it helps them get the gist of what he says.

While this isn't really a flaw, it is a double edge sword. Jin has a history with the mad Dr. Ross, both a blessing and a curse in Jin's mind. A blessing because this gives him an edge of being able to find a way to counteract Ross' virus, using Ross' own Formula X as a base for a cure. Though it would take him time to do so, Ross' work is very advanced. As well as it gives the group some insight of who and what they're dealing with as they struggle to survive in this dying world.

The curse being faced with his mentor's madness and watching comrades fall and rise as Walkers, becoming abominations of Nature itself. And dealing with the fact, all of this was done by someone he used to admire and study under. It hurts him deeply to see the chaos that was brought more so when at both times Barney was infected, turned into a Walker and killed by Sky. And again, Sky being infected later. He stresses himself to near exhaustion trying his best to right the wrongs his mentor created. And often wondered if he would ever accomplish such a feat.

While the White House still stood, Jin was the main and only trusted researcher left to combat the virus and hopes dumped on him to come through. And he did his best, keeping himself locked away in his lab, in effort of finding way to neutralize the virus or find a cure. He only managed to duplicate Formula X for Ghetto to keep him alive, but made some progress.

That progress was cut short when Ross invaded their based twice in efforts to get his hands on the infected Sky, both times failed. The second leading up to the destruction of the White House and the deaths of Sky and Ross.

Since the lab was destroyed, Jin became closer to the group, going on supply runs with them and learning to be more active and efficient with the ways things were outside the lab. But since the incident in Husky's Prison base... no one knew what became of him, uncertain he had been killed by Red to be eaten or torn apart by Walkers when the fire fight between Nick's group and Red's attracted the undead attention.

Jin remained gone and presumed dead for a long while.

But turns out it wasn't true. Somehow the researcher had escaped on his own and gotten lost, and was eventually found and helped by Bobby then picked up by Shelby and a group she worked with for a while. Details of what happened around then weren't given but the gist was once the group that picked him up found out he was trying to find a cure for the virus of the Walkers, that group became extremely protective of him. Putting all efforts to not only make sure he rested well and had food but made damned sure he was protected at all times, as he was their last hope.

Granted he couldn't make much progress with the dismal lab and equipment he was given. But he was delighted in seeing Nick once more after the leader went out to search for him with Bobby's help. And had since then rejoined the group at the CDC, working closely with his colleague Prof. Xavier. Going as far as being able to create a beta cure and using it to reverse the effects of Barney's walker state when he returned as a Walker a second time by Ross.

While this was all good and well, celebration was cut short when the Strangers invaded and attacked the CDC. His status and whereabouts remain unknown but according to Prof. Xavier... Jin had went out to defend the CDC when the attack occurred. So its very likely the he, like the majority... fell during the onslaught.

Quirk: enjoys eating pudding and practices with his rifle daily when not busy with the cure, though at times does tend to forget to sleep

(I'm gonna stop right there on character dossiers as the rest will have to be on hold. I gotta rewatch a lot of episodes to properly word how I see the other characters. Except for Red and Ross, I know how they are, just don't wanna give it all up too fast. XD I haven't picked a moment yet either, not sure if I want to do a funny one or another serious/dark/sad moment thing. You guys decide! :D Though, if you wish, I can offer explanations for the songs I chose for the characters.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

760 48 23
This is a story of how Sky and his friends have to deal with high school life. With this on their backs they have to deal with their school crushes...
5.2K 335 8
**the fourth book in the Remind Me series** Sky is back - but he's been forgotten by everyone he holds dear. (Unfortunately, he has /not/ been forgot...
8.7K 205 14
So, stories about Team Crafted. I'm not writing this book anymore, but feel free to read it. This was my first book I ever posted on Wattpad, so it'...
4.9K 181 38
The title says it all! (Over)