No Turning Back - A Vampire D...

By StephDaTwilightFreak

Damon, Stefan and Elena thought that Katherine coming back was their only problem - they were wrong! When Cha... More

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 1
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 2, 3 & 4
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 5, 6 & 7
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 8, 9 & 10
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 11 & 12
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 13 & 14
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 15
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 16
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 17
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 18
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 19
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 20
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 21
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 22
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 23
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 24
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 25
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 27
No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 28
Sequel

No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 26

3.9K 23 15
By StephDaTwilightFreak

I'm so sorry this took me longer than I said it would but life likes to get in the way lol. I hope you enjoy this chapter though and I promise the next chapter isn't far away :D

Last chapter Klaus kidnapped Elena.

Damon kissed Charlie and she didn't stop him… does this means she's forgiven him or was she just worried she wouldn't see him again?

Damon left Charlie with Caroline and Matt and told her not to follow him.

She went after him only to run into Brice. Brice told her he has Jeremy.

His expression darkened his lips turning into a sinister smile. "I have to admit you're good. But you will come with me."

"You can go to hell," she yelled. "You can't compel me and you can't kill me..."

"Oh, I know I can't compel you that's why Klaus has leverage," he smirked.

"What do you mean?" she asked warily.

"Little Jeremy Gilbert."…

Chapter 26

"You're bluffing," Charlie said, crossing her arms over her chest.

Brice took a step towards her, a sly grin forming on his face. "You really want to take that chance? You'd really put Jeremy's life at risk?"

She took a deep breath. "I just don't understand why Klaus wants me? My blood can no longer harm him. So why can't he just leave me alone?"

"Klaus doesn't want anything from you per se; he just wants you out of his way."

"So Klaus isn't completely fearless after all," Charlie said with a slight smirk. "He's scared I'm going to try something tonight."

Brice chuckled darkly. "Nobody is completely fearless, Charlotta. Everyone has a weakness..."

"And that there is proof..."

"To what?" he asked, cutting her off.

"That dead or alive we still have humanity... that we still feel. Even you... 250 years ago you let yourself care enough to help me."

"Maybe so. But that one thing doesn't make me a good person."

"You're anything but a good person, Brice," she scoffed. "But as you stated everyone has a weakness..."

"And what's mine? Please share your thoughts on the matter," he said sarcastically.

"You're a spineless coward. And you let Klaus control you," Charlie spat.

"Enough," Brice shouted, losing patience.

"You really can't stand the truth can you?" she said with disgust.

"Nor can you."

"What do you mean?" she demanded.

"You and your friends, whatever you're planning, you're wasting your time. Nothing is going to stop Klaus from breaking his curse tonight."

"You're wrong," Charlie said firmly.

Klaus still believed Bonnie was dead. She was their secret weapon. And with both Bonnie and Elijah on their side they had a good chance of killing Klaus.

Brice shook his head. "You see, your boyfriend has already pissed Klaus off today and he knows you helped. Freeing his vampire and werewolf was pretty clever... yet rather naive. Klaus always has a backup plan, so your little stunt really didn't cause too many problems."

Charlie suddenly realised what Brice had meant by 'backup plan' if Klaus didn't have Tyler and Caroline... who did he have...

"You said Damon taking Klaus' werewolf and vampire didn't cause too many problems... um, does that mean he's replaced them? Who does he have now?"

"That's nothing for you to worry about. However, Klaus doesn't want to take any more risks. So keeping you out of the way will give him peace of mind."

"So does that mean Klaus wants Damon out of the way too?" she asked.

"Conveniently for Klaus, Damon turned up at his doorstep of his own free will. Klaus didn't have to do a thing. And besides, he informed me that Damon is as good as dead," Brice said with a dark smile.

"What has Klaus done to Damon?" she demanded, shoving against Brice's chest.

Brice easily pushed her back. "No, the question you should be asking is, what has Damon done to himself?" Brice smirked.

"Where is he?" she yelled.

Brice laughed darkly, ignoring her question. "So, are we going to have to do this the easy way or the hard way?"

"I'm not going with you, not until I know Damon is okay?" she said firmly.

"Oh, I think you will." He smiled with amusement and pulled his phone out of his pocket.

"What are you doing? Who are you calling?" Charlie asked.

He pressed a few buttons and held it out to her. "Listen for yourself."

She took the phone hesitantly and put it to her ear.

"Hello?" a male voice answered. It sounded like Jeremy...

"Jeremy?"

"Yeah... is this Charlie?"

"It's me, Jer. Are you okay?" she asked frantically.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Are you?"

"Don't worry about me, Jeremy. Where are you?"

"He can't tell you he's compelled," Brice said darkly.

Charlie turned to Brice and glared at him.

"I'm not sure... it's dark and cold... I can't remember anything... I don't even know how I got here," Jeremy said confused.

"It's okay, Jeremy. Just tell me what you do remember. Think. What were you doing earlier today?" Charlie said gently.

She heard Brice chuckle but decided to ignored him.

Jeremy sighed deeply. "I was at the abandoned house with Bonnie. We had an argument so I went outside to get some air... And then it's blank. I woke up here. I can't remember speaking to anyone but I know that if you refuse to go with some man... I'm supposed to stab myself..."

Charlie let out a shaky breath. "It's okay, Jer. Don't do anything. I'm going with him. Please don't worry."

Suddenly, Brice snatched the phone from her hand and threw it into the trees.

A twisted smile covered his face. "I knew that would change your mind... that human, he means a lot to you doesn't he?"

"If I go with you, you have to promise not to hurt him," she insisted, her blue eyes glaring into his dark ones.

"You have my word... But I might as well make this situation easier for all of us..."

"What do you mean?" Charlie asked cautiously.

"You'll see," he laughed darkly.

Before Charlie had time to react, Brice drove a stake through her heart. She gasped in pain. Her skin turned gray and her body fell lifelessly to the ground.

Chicago 1920s

Charlotte sat at the bar with a glass of champagne in her hand. She was wearing an elegant white dress which stopped just above the knee and matching satin heels. Her lips were bright red and her scarlet curls pinned up on her head, creating a bobbed style. It had been almost 60 years and she still wore Damon's engagement ring on a chain around her neck.

She hadn't seen her mother since 1909, last she'd heard she had moved to Italy. But for all she knew, Violette could be anywhere by now.

Charlotte had moved back to America several years ago. She'd left England after she couldn't bring herself to turn William. She'd needed a new start. She'd spent a few years in New York then in San Francisco. And she'd now been in Chicago almost two weeks.

Charlotte raised the glass to her lips and took a few sips. From the corner of her eye she saw someone sit on the chair beside her. She didn't bother to see who it was.

"Aren't you a little young to be drinking alcohol, not to mention at a bar?" a female voice remarked.

She turned to find a beautiful young woman with dark hair and brown eyes.

"Miss me?" the girl asked, a smile forming on her childlike face.

"Annabelle? Oh, my God. I can't believe you're here." Charlotte instantly flung her arms around Anna.

Anna hugged her back, wrapping her arms tightly around Charlotte. "Me either. It's only taken 60 years to track you down," she said sarcastically.

After several moments Charlotte pulled out of the embrace. She looked Anna over, taking in her appearance. She was wearing a black beaded dress, dark lipstick and her brown hair was cut into a bobbed style. She looked older like this.

"This look suits you," Charlotte said with a smile. "You could almost pass for eighteen."

"As could you," Anna laughed. "I must admit this is a good look for you too. You're beautiful. But then again, you always were. That's the reason Katherine chose you. Charlotta Dubois the porcelain beauty..."

Fear suddenly spread across Charlotte's face. "Wait a second... Katherine..." she stuttered. "Please tell me she isn't with you?"

Anna shook her head. "I haven't seen that bitch for over 50 years and nor would I want to." She took a deep breath. "There's so much I need to tell you about what happened in 1864. How much do you know? Did you ever go back to Mystic Falls?"

"Once. In 1870. I found out Damon was dead." Charlotte automatically clenched Damon's engagement ring in her hand as she said his name.

Anna gently took the ring from her hand and examined it. "I can't believe you still have this," she said softly. "You really loved him didn't you?" She let go of the ring, the chain swung and gently fell against Charlotte's chest.

Charlotte nodded. "Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. I've never stopped feeling guilty. I should never have left him. I should have told him the truth about who I was from the start," she whispered.

"You have nothing to feel guilty for," Anna said quietly. "All you did was fall in love. It was Katherine. Katherine caused everything." She dropped her gaze to the floor.

"What happened after I left, Annabelle? What did Katherine do? Do you know something I don't?" Charlotte demanded.

Anna slowly looked back up. She took another deep breath. "Soon after you left, the Founder's Council started hunting down the vampires like crazy. Worried for our safety, my mother and I intended to leave town with Katherine..."

"But that never happened?" Charlotte deduced. "Katherine wouldn't leave would she?"

Anna shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. "I know you don't want to hear this, but when you were gone Katherine had both brothers under her spell. She planned to turn them into vampires. They both knew her secret..."

Charlotte stood up from the barstool. "You're right; I don't want to hear this," she snapped.

Anna grabbed her wrist, stopping her from moving. "But I think you should. You need to know the truth."

Charlotte sighed deeply and sat back down.

"Stefan confided in his father, he told him he believed not all vampires were evil. This made Giuseppe suspicious and he spiked Stefan's drink with vervain. Later that night when Katherine bit him, she was weakened, exposing her as a vampire. Katherine and the other vampires were taken to Fell's Church to be destroyed."

"But Katherine got away didn't she?"

Anna nodded. "Of course she did, she's Katherine. One of the guards was obsessed with her, she promised to turn him and he let her go."

"No matter what happens, everything always goes her way," Charlotte scoffed.

Anna breathed in and out heavily, holding back her tears. "My mother... wasn't so lucky... she was captured and imprisoned in the church..."

"Oh, my God. I'm so sorry, Anna," Charlotte said, squeezing her hand. "Does that mean Pearl is..." she trailed off.

Anna sniffled. "I thought she was dead. The church was set on fire. But Emily Bennett told me that I would see my mother again."

"I don't understand," Charlotte said. "Fire kills vampires."

"The vampires weren't destroyed, Charlotte, they were entombed under the church by Emily. And I've spent almost 60 years trying to free her. Maybe together we can find a way. Emily's spell saved the vampires when she could have just let them die. There has to be some sort of clue of how to release them back in Mystic Falls..."

Charlotte cut her off. "I'm sorry but I can't help you. I won't go back there. I just won't. I want nothing to do with Mystic Falls. It's in my past and I want it to stay there." She was instantly on her feet and began to walk away.

Anna grabbed her arm pulling her to a stop. "There is something else you should know," she whispered.

"What?" Charlotte said harshly.

"That night, Damon and Stefan went to rescue Katherine. They were shot. They were seen as traitors, they had sided with the vampires. And for that they were killed."

"That can't be true. Jonathan Gilbert told me they died for their people. They died brave young men."

Anna shook her head. "I was there. I watched it happen. They died saving Katherine."

"Oh, my God," Charlotte said close to tears.

"There's more..." Anna looked down at the floor, avoiding Charlotte's eyes. "Um, Damon and Stefan aren't technically dead. When they were shot they had Katherine's blood in their systems..."

Charlotte stumbled backwards against the wall, using it to support her weight. She shook her head. "No..." she whispered. She didn't want to believe it.

"I'm sorry. I know you never wanted that for him. For either of them," Anna gently touched Charlotte's shoulder. "But Damon's a vampire, Charlotte..."

"She knew turning him would be the one thing that would hurt me most," Charlotte sobbed.

"I know this is hard for you. But maybe this is a good thing. The man you love is still alive and I think he can help me."

"What are you talking about?"

"Damon still thinks Katherine is in the tomb, he doesn't know she escaped. Maybe he could help me get my mother back."

"What? You want me to track down a man who I thought was dead, a man I loved, a man I left and haven't seen for almost 60 years. Then you want me to lie to him so he can help you?"

"I just want my mother back," Anna whispered.

"I know that but I can't help you. You just don't understand, Anna. I'm not finding Damon. I left him without an explanation, without a goodbye. Why would he want anything to do with me? I bet he doesn't even remember me... And to be honest, I want it that way."

Charlotte began to walk away but Anna's words made her stop.

"Damon and Stefan are here. They're in Chicago."

She instantly turned to face Anna. "You're lying."

Anna took a step towards her. "I assure you I'm not. I've seen Stefan several times in a speakeasy not far from here and Damon's been around. Him and Stefan don't really speak anymore..."

Charlotte shook her head. "It doesn't matter, Annabelle. I'm to blame for everything. I'm the one who came to America. Katherine followed me. I'm the reason Katherine turned both him and Stefan. And I feel guilty for leaving him, I feel guilty about everything. I don't deserve to find him," she said, almost inaudible.

"You know that's not true, Charlotte," Anna said sympathetically.

She shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe so. But that's how I feel. So just drop it. Let me live my undead life in peace."

"Please don't leave, Charlotte," she begged.

Charlotte held up her hand. "Just stop, Annabelle. I don't want to hear it. You don't care about me. You only found me so I could help you get Pearl back." She let her face soften slightly. "Look, I'm sorry that you lost her but Mystic Falls destroyed my life. I can't face going there. I don't want to play any part in your world of lies and deceit. I won't do it."

Charlotte took a deep breath holding back her tears. She turned away and headed out of the bar.

Present Day

Charlie woke up on the cold hard ground, surrounded by nothing but darkness.

Her head throbbing as she slowly opened her eyes. She then realised somebody was shaking her. She looked up to find worried brown eyes staring down at her.

"Charlie?" the voice asked. "I thought I'd lost you," he said close to tears.

"What?" she demanded. "What happened?"

She sat up to find Jeremy staring at her anxiously. She looked around her and realised they were in the tomb. She suddenly remembered being in the woods with Brice... He'd killed her.

She looked down at the blood stained hole in her shirt. She examined herself, nothing but dried blood remained on her skin. She was completely healed.

She flung her arms around Jeremy. "Thank god, you're okay. When he said he'd said Klaus had you, I feared the worst..."

Jeremy gave her a brief hug back, before pulling out of her arms so they were face to face. "I'm fine, no need to worry about me. I don't even know how I got here. But you, Charlie..." Jeremy held a blood covered stake up in his hand. "You were dead. It doesn't make any sense."

"Jer, think about it. You were there that day in the old house when the witches told Bonnie about me. I'm Elijah's daughter. Meaning, I'm part original. I can't die."

"So, you're saying only the dagger can kill you?"

"Not exactly... Look there is so much I don't even understand myself. There is so much I need to ask Elijah. But right now we just need to get out of here."

"Okay," he nodded.

Charlie stood up and Jeremy did the same.

"Is he still outside?" she asked.

"Who?"

"Brice. The man who kidnapped you. The man who killed me?"

"I don't know... all I remember is being told that I can't leave here and if you leave I have to kill myself."

Charlie punched the wall in anger; small pieces of rock crumbled to the ground. "Great," she said sardonically. "You're compelled to stay in here and if I leave you're compelled to kill yourself. That's just great."

"I don't understand," he said confused.

"We're stuck in here, Jeremy. Brice has ensured that we can't leave."

Charlie slumped back to the ground and covered her face with her hands. She suddenly realised how weak she felt. She needed blood.

Jeremy cautiously sat beside.

"Who is he?" Jeremy asked after a few silent moments.

Charlie turned to Jeremy. "Brice? He's Klaus and Elijah's brother," she answered dryly.

Jeremy's brow furrowed. "Another original?"

"Yep. Another original. And I bet he's sitting outside with a smug grin on his face listening to our every word. Just be careful what you say."

Jeremy nodded.

Charlie leaned back against the wall. "My head is throbbing," she groaned. "Why does coming back from the dead have to make me feel so... well... dead," she said cynically.

Before Charlie had time to realise what was happening, Jeremy had picked up a rock from the ground and cut his wrist. Blood trickled down his skin. He held his arm out towards her.

Charlie could feel her heart racing at the sight of the red liquid. Her fangs throbbed against her gums, the blood rushed to her eyes. She quickly turned away from him. She didn't want him to see her like this.

He gently touched her shoulder. "Charlie, drink it, please."

She shook her head. "I can't," she said between clenched teeth. She took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. She had to fight it.

"I'm offering it to you. You need it, Charlie," he urged. "Come on, look at me."

Charlie slowly turned to face him.

Jeremy's calm expression didn't falter at the sight of her fangs and deep red eyes.

He lightly traced his thumb across the dark veins under her eyes. "I trust you."

She gently took his wrist in her hands and raised it to her mouth. She bit into his soft flesh. Jeremy winced slightly.

His warm blood filled her own body instantly making her feel better.

After a few moments, Charlie pulled away. She wiped the blood from her mouth with the back of her hand. "Thank you," she whispered, her face returning to normal.

"You're welcome," he smiled.

Suddenly, Charlie heard shouting from outside the tomb. She automatically turned towards the door.

Then there was a loud bang, as if a heavy weight had been slammed into a tree.

She was instantly on her feet.

"What is it?" Jeremy asked, standing up too. He looked around nervously.

"I heard something, someone else is here..."

Abruptly, the huge stone door was thrown open and Elijah entered the tomb.

"Brice is dead. Jeremy is no longer under his compulsion. You're both free to leave." He headed back towards the exit. "Now hurry," he commanded.

Charlie grabbed Jeremy's arm and pulled him after Elijah.

Outside the tomb Brice's body lay on the ground. His skin gray and papery, making his veins clearly visible beneath it. A silver dagger through his heart. He really was dead.

Elijah took Brice by the hands and dragged his lifeless body across the ground and into the tomb.

Charlie and Jeremy watched in silence.

"Let's go," Elijah ordered. He was already heading back towards the clearing.

Several minutes later Charlie and Jeremy arrived at the abandoned house with Elijah.

The whole way there she couldn't think about anything but Damon. Brice had said he was as good as dead. What did that even mean? Was he... No, she couldn't allow herself to think like that. Damon wasn't dead. He couldn't be. He could survive anything. Even if his plan had failed, he would still be alive. He was Damon. He had to be.

Alaric and Stefan were waiting outside.

Charlie now knew that Klaus had Elena but even if she hadn't, she could have guessed from the look on Stefan's face, it was written all over his broken expression. She'd never seen him like this.

She wrapped her arms around him. He hugged her back for several moments before pulling away.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

Stefan nodded in recognition.

"You okay, Jer?" Alaric asked, as Jeremy joined them.

"Yeah," Jeremy said with a weak smile.

Alaric gently patted his shoulder. He turned to Charlie. "What about you, you okay?" Alaric's eyes were found her blood stained shirt.

"Yeah, it's healed," she breathed. "I'm just worried about Damon."

"Damon will be fine," Alaric assured her.

Charlie gave a small nod. "Yeah."

Elijah suddenly spoke making their attention turn to him. "Okay, so back to the situation at hand. The sacrifice is completed in stages as the full moon sets. First the werewolf is killed, then the vampire. Finally the doppelganger. Once Elena dies, the curse will be broken. And Klaus will become a hybrid."

"So when do we attack?" Alaric added.

"Elena's death will activate his dormant werewolf side. He'll be vulnerable during the transformation. That's when bonnie comes in."

"And you're sure bonnie will survive this?" Stefan asked.

Charlie looked over at Jeremy but his expression wasn't giving anything away.

"If she can deliver him to the brink of death, I'll finish the job myself," Elijah said confidently.

Stefan's phone began to ring. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the screen. He turned to Charlie. "It's Damon."

She gave a sigh of relief.

Stefan put the phone to his ear. "Damon?" he answered.

Both Charlie and Elijah were listening intently to Damon's voice on the other side of the call.

"You're not going to like what I'm about to say," Damon said weakly.

"Cut to the chase. Is the sacrifice happening or not?"

"It's happening. I tried to stop it, but it got... Complicated."

"We're sticking with the original plan. We're meeting Bonnie right now..."

Damon cut him off. "He's got Jenna, Stefan."

"What?" Stefan demanded.

"He got Katherine to lure her out of the house."

Stefan automatically looked over at Alaric and Jeremy.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Alaric said cautiously.

"He's going to use her as the vampire in the ritual," Damon continued on the phone.

"Oh, my god," Stefan breathed.

Charlie gasped. She was now staring at Alaric and Jeremy too.

"What's the matter?" Jeremy said anxiously. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Charlie gently touched his arm. "Jeremy... Something's happened to Jenna..."

"What is it, Charlie?" Jeremy demanded. "Just tell me."

"She's a vampire and Klaus, um, he's going to use her in the sacrifice."

"Oh, my God," Alaric whispered. He leaned against the wall for support.

Jeremy remained still, not saying a word. His eyes were glazed over.

Charlie cautiously took a step towards him and wrapped her arms around his neck. She took a deep shaky breath feeling her own eyes begin to water. "I'm so sorry, Jeremy."

He nodded and burrowed his face into her neck. She could feel his breaths shaky and uncontrolled against her skin. She held Jeremy like this for several moments before a voice made her pull away.

"What's going on here," Bonnie asked, her brow furrowed.

"Klaus has Jenna," Stefan answered. "He's turned her and he's..."

"Going to use her in the sacrifice," Bonnie finished for him. "Oh, my God. Alaric, Jer, I'm so sorry."

Alaric nodded. "I'm going to take Jeremy inside. You need to find a way to fix this." He took Jeremy by the shoulders and pushed him towards the house.

Bonnie was now alone with the three vampires.

"Why did he take Jenna?" Bonnie demanded.

"A punishment for meddling," Elijah said.

Bonnie scrunched her eyebrows.

"Klaus was going to use Tyler and Caroline but Damon and Charlie rescued them," Stefan explained. He glanced at Charlie.

"Then we need to go. Now. Before Jenna's been sacrificed. I can kill Klaus myself..."

Stefan shook his head. "Bonnie... If you use that much power, you'll be dead. We've already been through this. It's not an option."

"Neither is letting Jenna die," she insisted.

"I agree. So, we're going to offer another vampire. One that he'll want more." Stefan took a deep breath. "Me."

"No, Stefan, you can't," Bonnie said close to tears. "You can't let Elena make a choice like that."

"She won't have to," Charlie said finding her voice. "I'll go."

"You can't, Charlotta. The ritual won't work with you. You're not a normal vampire, you can't die. Your blood is special," Elijah said firmly. "And even if that wasn't so, I wouldn't let you go."

Charlie looked away from Elijah's gaze.

"It's settled then, I'll go," Stefan said and he walked away.

After Stefan had left Charlie joined Bonnie and Jeremy in the basement of the abandoned house. They were looking for a spell to help Elena.

"I can't believe Elijah just let Stefan leave like that. How is Elena losing Stefan any better than her losing Jenna?" Charlie stated as she absentmindedly turned the pages of an old book.

"It's not any better, Charlie. This whole situation is a mess. No matter what we do someone is going to get hurt or even worse die," Bonnie said.

Suddenly Charlie heard footsteps coming down the stairs. She automatically turned to face them.

John Gilbert then entered with a box in his hands. The last time Charlie had seen him he'd been dead over Damon's shoulder.

"I brought the Gilbert journals. I think I know the spell you're talking about," he said handing the box to Jeremy. He looked at Charlie. "You must be Charlie, Damon's girlfriend."

She nodded. "Yeah," she said weakly.

"Speaking of Damon, where is he?" Bonnie asked John.

"Upstairs. Alaric wanted to talk to him," John answered.

Charlie was upstairs in seconds.

Just as she reached Damon he punched the wall. This action seemed to be too much for him and he stumbled slightly.

"God, Stefan, damn it!" he yelled.

"What's going on," she asked anxiously. "Are you okay?" She'd noticed how weak he looked.

"I'm fine. Just my brother. Always cleaning up my messes," Damon hissed.

Charlie bit her lip. "I know. I'm sorry. I tried to stop him but he was determined."

"He's an idiot," Damon yelled.

Charlie gently held his face between her hands. "Shush, Damon. Calm down."

Damon abruptly pulled away from her. "I'll calm down when all the people I care about are safe," he shouted in her face. "And that includes you, Charlotte. Elijah told me that once Klaus is a hybrid his bite can kill you, so I don't want you anywhere near that sacrifice. Understand?"

Charlie shook her head. "I'm going and you can't stop me."

Damon grabbed her wrist tightly. "Oh, yes I can," he said through clenched teeth.

Elijah was suddenly beside them. "Enough, Damon. Let her go."

Damon glared at Elijah but let go of Charlie's arm. He walked right up to Elijah's face. "If anything happens to her I'll make sure that dagger remains in your heart," he growled. He glanced back at Charlie once more before leaving her and her father alone.

"Charlotta, I'd like a word," Elijah said with authority.

"Okay," she breathed.

"I've already told you where I stand, I don't think you should be going but it's your decision. However, me and bonnie have agreed that Alaric and Jeremy should stay here. They are human and would be a serious liability. Do you concur?"

She nodded. "I agree. Tell Bonnie to do whatever she has to keep them here."

"Good," he said and he began to walk away.

"Elijah…" she uttered the word weakly. She was surprised. What was wrong with her? She was never this weak. But right now, she felt like a fragile piece of glass. She was on the verge of shattering. All she needed was one tiny push. So many things could go wrong. She could lose so many people. She couldn't bear to think about it.

"Did you mean what you said, that you wouldn't let me sacrifice myself?"

Elijah slowly turned to face her. "I'm killing Klaus because he took my family. You are all I have left. I won't let him take you too. So like your boyfriend, I would also prefer if you stayed out of the way."

Charlie took a deep breath. "Can we trust you? Will you do what needs to be done?"

"You have my word, Charlotta. Klaus must die for what he's done," he said firmly before leaving her alone.

Charlie looked around her realising everyone was inside. This was her chance to do something. Her chance to sneak away. Elijah had said that she couldn't be used in the sacrifice but she had to make sure. There had to be something Klaus wanted from her... and without thinking about it she ran away from the house and towards the quarry before anyone could stop her...

Are you glad Brice is dead? (Well dagger dead that is lol).

Did you like the flashback with Anna?

Do you think Charlie is stupid going off on her own? Do you think she'll get there or will Elijah or Damon stop her.

Do you think there was something behind Elijah's words "Your blood is special"?

Do you think he genuinely cares about her?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I promise the next chapter won't take me as long to write :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

430K 7K 28
After dealing with the tomb vampires in Mystic Falls, Ally and all of her friends finally feel things can go back to normal. But when Katherine retur...
869K 18.7K 52
Damon's first love comes back Damon has different motives for getting the tomb unsealed but nothing could prepare him for what he found inside. Damon...
138K 3.1K 19
Book 1 COMPLETED!//After the sire bond between Elena and Damon is broken, Elena's feelings for Damon are only growing stronger but whenever Elena tak...
71.8K 935 24
After moving back to Mystic Falls the Salvatore's thought all the drama was over. Of course, the Salvatore's never were that lucky. Add a hybrid, a p...