His Camelia [Completed]

By shaerzam

⭐️Romance Hot List: highest rank #20⭐️ She is shy. He is brave. She hides in the shadows. He lives in the... More

Prologue
Chapter 1-Birthday Princess
Chapter 2-Ten Years Later
Chapter 3- The Masquerade
Chapter 4- Lady In Red
Chapter 5- Sold
Chapter 6-Crystal Ball
Chapter 7-Watching & Learning
Chapter 8-The Target
Chapter 9- Kent
Chapter 10-Superman
Chapter 11- Stefan
Chapter 12- She Remembered
Chapter 13-Home Alone
Chapter 14- Little One
Chapter 15- Her Knight
Chapter 16- His Angel
Chapter 17-He Remembers
Chapter 18- His Achilles Heel
Chapter 20-Sexual Tension
Chapter 21- Mr. Steel
Chapter 22- Man Of Steel
Chapter 23-Risks
Chapater 24- The Eyes Never Lie
Chapter 25- Taken
Chapter 26- His Camelia
Chapter 27- The Lie (Part 1)
Chapter 28- The Lie (Part 2)
Chapter 29-Cold & Numb
Chapter 30- A Good Girl Gone Bad
Chapter 31-Red Rose
Chapter 32-Envy
Chapter 33-Bachelorette Party
Chapter 34- Stefan Steel
Chapter 35- The Betrayal (Part 1)
Chapter 36- The Betrayal (Part 2)
Chapter 37-Love
Chapter 38- Beauty And The Beast
Chapter 39-The Getaway
Chapter 40- Mia
Chapter 41- The Cell
Chapter 42- Revenge
Chapter 43- Checkmate
Chapter 44- The Marketplace
Chapter 45-The Sultan
Chapter 46-His Wife
Chapter 47- His Everything
Chapter 48- Tale As Old As Time (Part 1)
Chapter 49- Tale As Old As Time (Part 2)
Chapter 50-Star Crossed Lovers
Epilogue
Extra Outtakes-Mia
His Yasmina-NOW COMPLETED

Chapter 19-Martinis

69.7K 3.1K 410
By shaerzam

Something flickered in his eyes. The change in the air went from free flowing– warm to staticky to cold and silent in a matter of seconds.

The trance shattered. The connection severed, broke. An intense sense of disappoint crashes through Camelia. For a moment she thought he was going to kiss her. When he looked away, it wasn't the reaction she'd hoped for. She wanted him to show her, to acknowledge what they shared.

"Kent...?"  She asks tilting her head slightly.  His expression looked pained when she spoke his name. 

"Look, Camelia there is something I need to tell you..." Stefan hesitates, his jaw clenched, struggling with the new lie he was weaving in his head.  What he was about to reveal was by far one of the worst and harshest lies he'd have to say.  "I'm...before you take things the wrong way...I must confess something I've never declared to anyone..." 

Camelia raises her eyebrows expectantly, holding her breath.  A sense of dread descended over her in the next instant.

"I'm homosexual."

What? Her lips parted at his words. 

Camelia inhaled sharply and blinked several times as if it would help her process what she heard. Literally, she felt the rush of blood drain from her face and down her neck.  The rest of her limbs numbed and locked in place halting their dance. 

He was staring, his eyes stormy and intense, waiting for her to say something, waiting for a reaction.  She couldn't find the right words.  All she could feel was a part of her was utterly stunned by his declaration. 

He was gay?  But it made no sense.  Camelia pulls out of his arms and takes a step back.

Could it be she completely interpreted everything the wrong way?  Is that what she sensed he was hiding all this time? 

There was a softening in his features that chipped pieces of her innocence.  The only thing that registered was the disappointment, the hurt–her feelings were unrequited...once again. It was all so painfully familiar.

Feeling small, fragile and all alone, it was difficult for Camelia to comprehend why life did this to her.  It was like she wasn't meant to find love, always hitting a road block.  She was so close to love him. 

As always, she was the foolish one.   A foolish girl who had a hundred fantasies.  A girl that became carried away with the her books and believed love was precious and easily recuperated.

She loved too much. Trusted too much. 

The tears begin stinging her eyes, but she rapidly blinks them back keeping a straight stoic expression.  She acted as if it didn't matter when it was really breaking her heart.

She straightens, coming out of her haze, holding her chin high, chest heaving. Camelia could only stare at him, the fury building inside her like a storm.

"Kent, it's all right."  Her voice sounding surprisingly steady to her own ears.  "I'm in love with someone. I've been in love with him for some time and I don't believe he could be ever replaced. So before you interpret things incorrectly, which now appears doesn't need to be cleared anymore, I have high hopes that one day I'll have a chance with him."  It was part lie.  She'd placed Stefan on the back burner and nearly allowed Kent to take the lead. 

A deep frown marred his features.  Followed with a long moment of silence where neither of them moved.

"Camelia....I...I'm–" Sorry.

Camelia dodges his grasp as he tries to stop her when she began backing away from him.

"Don't."

"Camelia please–."

"I need to get back to the party." She declared coldly, formal and distant. Her spine stiff as a pole. She felt as cold as the Arctic. Feeling quite steady on her legs she continues towards the reception never looking back.

He immediately noticed the confusion, disappointment and hurt flicker briefly through her eyes before she walked away from him.

She wanted him. The countless blushes he witnessed when he found her staring at him, the side long glances from beneath her eyelashes, the way she smiled warmly when she'd see him...all that was going to change now.

It felt like he was gutted with a knife. 

He hurt her and turned her down.  The look she gives him just before she turns haunts him. 

Stefan watches her retreating figure and stood motionless for a full moment before he sighed and slumped into the chair which Camelia vacated.

Homosexual?  Gay?  Stefan wanted to punch a wall.  Of all the things!  It was the only thing he could come up with at a moments notice.  Why didn't he tell her he was involved with someone instead?

Because it wasn't a permanent enough solution, his thoughts advocate. 

He puts his head in his hands and closes his eyes, gritting his teeth. 

She left him no choice.

One thing he greatly regretted was lying to her from the beginning and now the lies continued to stack over his head like a heavy burden threatening to collapse atop him. It was too late to go back now. 

Stefan exhaled loudly and peeled the fake glasses off his face, rubbing his temples. His next thought struck him with paralyzing force. His features harden recalling her words, "I'm in love with someone."

Was it true? Or was it said for the sake of her pride? It was difficult to determine.

Stefan was sure Camelia held secrets which she was very talented at hiding, she was rarely open with her feelings, very self-contained. He could never tell what she was thinking unless it showed on her face. He didn't know anything about her for the past ten years except for what he's learned on his own in the last couple months.

Could it be that man she constantly texted and emailed? The small smile he glimpsed several times watching her read her messages. Someone caused that smile. It was not a friend or cousin rather, but a man. The blush soon following her smile confirmed it. Many times he wanted to ask her but it didn't seem appropriate to meddle in her business unless it concerned her safety.

He damned himself– hating himself for doing what he did. It was the worst mistake of his life. The only thing that persuaded him to do it was the risk he was to her safety.

It was for her own good. 

For the meantime, he'd wait for the day, and the courage to say what he really felt for her and wishing with his whole heart she felt the same way for him.  He promised to make up all for all the days he was supposed to be kissing her, holding her, as he wished. 

Soon.
****

"Come on people, let's get some black beats in here!" Sammy exclaimed loudly, bobbing his head to the new rhythm. "Ladies! Wooohooo!!!!" He began shaking his hips holding a crystal flute of champagne high in the air surrounded by a group of women.

It was as if a rug was being pulled right from under her.  All the things he said were running through her head.  She felt totally lost.  She kept asking herself, wondering how, while the shame coursed through her whole body.

He left her scattered into pieces like shining stars screaming in the dark sky.  Camelia felt her heart tearing in two.  She was tired of giving her love, getting nowhere.  She'd put her love on the line twice.  Placing a hand over her heart, she prayed she was going to make it out alive, out of this fever, this haze making her feel a little crazy. 

She passes the dance floor and made a straight line to the champagne tower. A need to drown her sorrows was overwhelming. She didn't give a second thought to what she was doing. The cool crystal flute touched her lips and she drank and drank until she held a empty glass. The liquid sizzled over her tastebuds and rushed down her throat. 

"Hey girlfriend, you have any martinis around here?"  Sammy asks coming to stand beside her. 

Camelia hiccuped and set the empty glass down.  Sammy obsessed over martinis—his preferred drink.  Whatever party he attended he claimed he couldn't live without them.

Camelia shakes her head.  "Do you ever drink anything besides martinis?  For instance this champagne is fab-fabulous!"  She giggles as the rejection begins sinking in. 

The effect of the alcohol dulled the pain. 

He ponders her question.  "Sometimes I drink a glass of water just to surprise my liver!"   He laughs uncontrollably hooking his arm around Camelia's shoulders.  She soon joins him.   They stumbled towards the kitchen tipsy as ever. 

The bright lights nearly blind her in the open and well lite kitchen, having to squint before her eyes adjusted.  It was flooded with men and women in catering uniforms.  They all seemed to not notice the two of them as they stopped for a second to watch them work. 

"Could a martini be made for this fine man?"  Camelia asks in a high pitched voice while gesturing to Sammy. 

The clinking of glasses and plates stops. 

"I believe we can come up with something give us a minute."  A young man announces somewhere amongst the clutter. 

"Fabulous!"  Sammy exclaims.

"Must you always have them?  I cannot understand what's sooo fabulous..."  Camelia slurred. 

"Oh honey, if I didn't drink them how would everyone know how much I love them at 2 am?"

Sammy and Camelia fall into a fit of giggles.

"Here you are, sir."  The man offers him with a polite smile. 

Sammy takes a hold of the glass and takes a small sip, tapping his lips together.  "Ummmmm.  Good stuff here people!"  He turns to Camelia and lifts the glass to her lips.  "Take a sip and tell me I'm not a God for loving this stuff." 

Camelia shifts her head away from the drink and pushes his arm away gently.  "If I have anymore alcohol I'm going to throw up.  I-I can already feel the champagne slushing in my stomach."  Her head was lighter and fuzzier already.  The people before her appeared as if they had two heads. 

"Trust me girlfriend.  You'll love it.  Just try it."  He urges again.  "It's your 21st birthday!  You need to try new things." She shakes her head stubbornly. "Oh hell, get that stick outta your ass for once!"

"You asshole!"  Camelia burst out. Her dark blue eyes widen at the realization of what she said and clash with Sammy's dark brown ones.   She slaps a hand over her mouth as it would take back the word.

He looked surprised at her outburst.  They both blink at the same time and start roaring with laughter.  They bend over, holding their middle, Sammy's forgotten drink sloshing over the rim. 

"I-I swear on Coco Chanel's grave, that I have never, and I mean never heard you use a swear word! Welcome to the club girl.  Cheers!"  He pulls up his drink and toasts her.

Camelia wipes the tears pouring out the sides of her eyes from a stack of napkins beside her and leans her hip against the kitchen's island counter to keep upright.   Her head was swimming and her vision blurred. The muscles in her face ached, lifting her fingers she began massaging her face.

"I-I think I'm completely intoxicated. But it feels so good to feel free." Camelia announces to no one in particular, spreading her arms wide.

The pain of rejection numbed in the distance.

"That's the alcohol talkin' honey. Maybe you had one too many sips of champagne." Sammy notes as he continues sipping his martini. "Congratulations on entering the dark side. Your mouth ain't no virgin no more. First the alcohol then the cussing. What's next?"

"I had three actually." Holding up four fingers instead of three. Camelia frowned at her blurring hand and flipped open another finger making them five. "I think...the pain is gone, you know. I can't feel anything!" She starts sliding off the counter and almost collapses if it weren't for Sammy spurting into action and clutching her arm.

"Pain? Yes, well..." Sammy sets his drink on the counter and pats her shoulder. "Maybe we should get your drunk ass in bed before you start dancing on poles and begin stripping like a hoe!"  Sammy searches above Camelia's head propped against his shoulder.  "Superman!" Sammy shouts. "Superman we need your help! Where's that sexy ass when you need him?" He mutters under his breath.

"He's gay you know. He told me!" Camelia whispers against Sammy's shoulder nearly delirious and giggles against his neck. "Sammy you smell sooo good..." Inhaling the cologne on his neck loudly.

"I always smell delicious! Wait. Gay? Girl you crazy, if that man is gay than I'm straight. Where the hell is Superman people?" Sammy shrieks at the staff who were greatly entertained with the show before them. They flinch at his shrieking voice. "Superman, you better fly your generous ass in here." A thoughtful expression passes over his feature. "I have a couple of damsels in distress needing assistance!" He continues to call out over his shoulder in hopes Kent was in close listening range.

"Sammy do you know how much I love you?" Camelia asks dreamily with half lidded eyes. Sammy was busy looking over his shoulder while holding her weight. "I love you as much as I loooove Chanel."

"Girl, you're the Coco to my Chanel." Sammy replies fondly, patting her head as if he were showing her what a good girl she was and glances at the staff who were snickering and whispering amongst one another. "This ain't no show people, back to your stations!"  He orders in a near shout.  "Can somebody go call Superman over here cause I've never lifted more than a latte and I'm beginning to sparkle again!"

One of the employees becomes so startled he drops the stack of plates he was carrying.  The sound of white porcelain crashes to the floor in such a high pitch sound Sammy and Camelia jump in place with arms wrapped around each other in fright.

"Holy Jesus pay attention! My balls nearly dropped outta of my pants!" He snaps sassily.

"What's happened here?" Kent's commanding voice rings through the air.

"Superman! Finally! Isn't your hearing supposed to be on point?" He asks him as he approaches their side. "Look at this wasted damsel in my arms, she can barely stand. Here take her to bed, I have a martini to finish." Sammy tries to uncurl Camelia's arms from around his waist and gently eases her off him. "Girlfriend you need to let go. Your arms are wrapped around me like a boa constrictor."

"Noooo I want to stay with you not him!" She replies in a small childlike voice.

Kent frowns. "What's wrong with her?" He asks as he shrugs off the black jacket of his tux and loosens the bow tie.

"She's drunk as a skunk." Sammy frowns and cocks his head to the side questionably. "Where are your glasses? How the hell are you going to see your way upstairs blind as a bat?" He asks narrowing his eyes.

Kent's eyes darken. His mind flashes back to the formal living room and remembers placing them on a table. He kept them off due to the dull headache that started to form after his confession earlier.

"I misplaced them. Give her to me, I can see just fine without them." Opening his arms to receive Camelia.

"No! No! No! I don't want to go!" Camelia whines as she lifts her head from Sammy's shoulder and glares at Kent. She adjusts her posture meaning to turn and leave but her legs give out and she stumbles before she takes a step, free falling backwards.

"Ahhhh!" 

A arm reaches for her midway and snatches her forward. Her face smacks into a hard steel like chest. His arms which felt like iron against her soft and tender waist, snake around her waist tightly.

"I got you."  Kent murmurs against her hair. 

"I d-don't want you touching me!" The pitch of her voice increasing as does her attempts to push against his rock hard chest.  "What are you made out of anyway?  Solid steel? Let me go!"  She exclaims. 

The only response she received were his arms tightening around her, molding her softness into his hardness. Her breasts were crushed and her arms were trapped against her sides.  She felt his belt buckle digging into her belly button.  He didn't feel human but more like a block of granite. 

How can someone feel so hard everywhere? 

"Have you seen her consume any alcohol?  She's drunk."  Kent remarks.

"You think?"   Sammy responded with a roll of his eyes, reaching for his drink.  "She drowned an entire glass of champagne before we came in here looking for martinis."  Adding a shrug. 

Kent's lips tighten as he stares Sammy down.  "You encouraged her to drink more?"

He raises his drink and stops mid-way noticing Kent's unblinking, focused laser sharp eyes. 

"Hey, don't look at me!  She refused my generosity when I tried sharing my drink with her."  Sammy lifts his drink, closes his eyes in content as the sweetness of the contents of the martini slip down his throat. "Ummm Ummm good.  It's never a party without martinis."  He purrs appraising the glass in his hands as it were a rare diamond. 

Camelia attempt to twist out of his embrace as they spoke.  Kent didn't seem to mind her silent struggles keeping her held prisoner.  His only response was crush her against his ridged body until she barely had space to breathe. 

A shudder wracks her frame once she tilts her head into his neck and smells the faint cologne.  It smelled so good she wanted to lick him, curious to know if it tasted just as good as it smelled. 

She nudges her head and bumps it against Kent's chin gently.  "Kent let me go."  She whispers letting her breath fan his face and lifting her gaze and letting it roam all over his features. 

Camelia's blinks as her eyes adjust to the fact he was not wearing his nerdy glasses.  She focuses on his blue eyes and frowns.  If she weren't up so close she wouldn't have spotted the lens covering his pupil.  She understood the effects of alcohol but her own eyes couldn't be playing tricks on her.

"You're wearing lenses."  She observes and than a burst of giggles breaks free.  It was so hard to keep from laughing.  Everything was funny. 

Kent only clenches his jaw, harder. 

"At least she's a happy drunk."  Sammy observes.  "Get some rest sweet cheeks!"  He bends and kisses her cheek. "Oh and Superman, once you're done with her, come back cause I need ya to fly me home after this martini." He says tapping the end of his immaculate manicured finger nail against the glass, then salutes Kent and struts out of the kitchen to finish partying. 

Kent frowns deeply and shakes his head in annoyance. 

"Make sure this mess is cleaned up, please."  Kent politely orders the catering staff nodding at the hundreds of broken pieces splattered all over the kitchen floor. 

"I want more." Camelia announces.

"More what?"  Kent asks with a frustrated sigh, loosening his arms slowly.  He moved his head back and studied her face. 

"Alcohol!" She exclaims. 

"I don't think so. Let's go." Kent lets her go suddenly and she sways to the right. "You can barely stand." He states shaking his head in admonishment. He drags her unwillingly out of the kitchen with his hand wrapped tightly around her wrist.  They pass the party and head towards the stairs.

"I don't want to leave. The party's just begun." She screeches out loud and stops in her tracks.

"No, now move Camelia. Or I'll carry you myself." He threatens, his cold hard stare unwavering.

"Make me move!" She challenges, pulling wrist away from his hard grasp. "You–you...can't tell me what to do!"

"Is that so?" He asks in a hard tone.

Instead of waiting for a reply he approaches and her dilated eyes widen. Without a seconds hesitation Kent scoops her up in his arms without another word and carries her bridal style up the stairs mindless of the dispersed guests. Most of the younger crowd were dancing while the older adults were in another side of the house playing a round of poker.

"Put me down!" She whines, her head feeling as heavy as a bowling ball. Without any effort she lays her head against his shoulder and wraps her arms around his neck, the feel of his warm steady breath against her ear sent a shiver of delight down her spine. 

The urge to cry hit her. She felt dejected, gloomy and so incredibly tired.

Why did you have to turn out to be gay? She thinks as her eyelids opened and close like a butterfly's wings. Why...?

She had the worst of luck with love. Everyone she allows into her heart dash in the other direction. It wasn't fair.

"You smell good you know?  You always do."  She murmurs.  "Too bad you're gay..."

All he does is grunt in response and squeezes her tighter against his chest. 

Camelia sighs. 

Kent kicks open the ajar door of her bedroom after climbing the long stairs, carrying her weight effortlessly. He didn't even break a sweat, to her great surprise. He strides in and walks towards her bed, once he reaches it he slowly seats her on the edge.

"Get out!" Camelia cried lifting her chin. Remembering she hated him. 

Kent straightens and watched her with a cool, hooded gaze. Camelia stares at him in hostile silence. She was humiliated by her actions especially in front of a man whose attention she still greedily longed for.

He folds his arms across his board chest. "I'm not going anywhere, Princess." He says with a arrogant smile.

He was so deliciously sexy her mouth went dry. 
_____________________________________________________________________________

I just have to say I love, love, loved the comments for the last chapter. It made my day!!! Thanks for voting as well! Love the support!

I've never written a chapter where I've laughed so hard.  I truly hope you liked this one because I loved writing it! It was so much fun. 

Please continue to vote, comment and add to your reading lists!

Until next Friday!
-Shaz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.9K 454 30
...And if Hell feels like Heaven you didn't change the Devil. But he changed You! ____________________________________ Camilla's life was never easy...
32.7K 4.1K 38
Reinan Andersan A prodigy who earns thousands with a flick of her finger and then spends hours distributing it on the people in need. A female robin...
154K 3.2K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
46.4K 838 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...