Magi: A Tale of a New Beginni...

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon con... More

Prologue
Scroll 1: I am Azami
Scroll 2: Amon and the Kou Empire
Scroll 3: Balbadd and the Lady Killer of the Seven Seas
Scroll 4: Fog Troupe
Scroll 5: Judar and Renewed Balbadd
Scroll 6: Sindria
Scroll 7: Stolas' Dungeon
Scroll 8: Dark Djinn and Dunya's Curse
Scroll 9: Three Fragments
Scroll 10: Different Paths and the Pirates
Scroll 11: Yunan and Azami
Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami
Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba
Scroll 15: Fourth Djinn and Lucien
Author's Note
Scroll 16: Yunan's Warning
Scroll 17: Setta's Adventure
Scroll 18: The War Starts
Scroll 19: Hope
Scroll 20: The Decisive Battle
Scroll 21: A New Start
Scroll 22: Yunan, Training and Balbadd
Scroll 23: Ren's Plan and Azami's Answer
Scroll 24: Kou, Sindria and the Past
Scroll 25: Solomon's Adventure
Scroll 26: Siblings and Oath
Scroll 27: Solomon and Sheba
Scroll 28: The War and It's End
Scroll 29: End of Alma Torran
Scroll 30: His Change, His Death
Scroll 31: Azami's Plan
Scroll 32: Kou's Civil War
Scroll 33: Aftermath
Scroll 34: Pursuit
Scroll 35: Three Years Later
Scroll 36: Kou Empire's Mishap
Scroll 37: Confrontation
Scroll 38: Big Trouble
Scroll 39: Witch
Scroll 40: International Alliance
Special Scroll: Chocolate?
Scroll 41: His Attack, David
Scroll 42: His Prisoner, Azami
Scroll 43: King of Man
Scroll 44: Azami's Djinns and the Greatest Vessel
Scroll 45: Her Will
Special Scroll: How Azami Met Her Djinns in Alma Torran
Scroll 46: The First Dungeon, Her Shadow
Scroll 47: Second Djinn and Azami's Duplicate
Special Scroll: Sitri, Ipos and Azami
Scroll 48: Zepar and Crocell
Scroll 49: Fourth Dungeon, Azami's Hidden Power
Scroll 50: Protect the Future
Scroll 51: His Sorrow, Her Regret
Scroll 52: Tale of a New Beginning
Epilogue
Character Profile
Author's Note

Scroll 14: Yambala Tribe and New Dungeon

3.2K 122 1
By AthanasiaKashimashi

'My Queen, wake up please. It's time.'

I opened my eyes crankily. Stolas' metal vessel hummed as he tried to clear the sleepiness that fogged my mind. I thanked the djinn and did my necessities. It was early morning so the water was freezing.

"Brr! It's so cold!"

'It's early in the morning, Azami. What do you expect?' Furcas sassed. No need to give me a smart comment, Furcas. I shrugged off his words and finished bathing. After a refreshing bath, dressing was in order.

"This short top and same hood would do great. It will be easy to move after all."

'Isn't that the same with what you wore yesterday?' Sitri asked.

"Nope. Same design but different fabric." I proudly told her. She scoffed.

'Since when did you become a fashionista?' Furcas sweatdropped. I just smiled and put it on. With my swords in my hips, I left the room and walked towards the Colosseum.

'It's still amazing no matter how much I look on to it. I wonder if—' My thoughts were interrupted when I heard clashing of swords inside and a yelp of pain. I stepped in and Muu must not have noticed me but the other Fanalis did. Oh yeah, he was half-Fanalis. I forgot. I waved hi to the bystanders but the girl (who didn't like me much) scoffed at me.

"Well, it was nice meeting her as well." I murmured to myself.

I watched by the sides and when they were done, I covered my head and jumped down. Guess I startled Alibaba since he jumped meters away from me. After laughing internally, I turned towards Muu and smirked.

"Are you ready?"

"Heh. Aren't you early?" He smirked. Oh, I was so going to enjoy wiping that smirk off his face.

Alibaba's POV

I was startled when a hooded person jumped down the stands to face Mister Muu. 'Isn't she a little bold?' The Fanalis Corps watched as their captain clashed swords with the same person. I couldn't put my finger on to it but she looked familiar. I mean her moves.

'Why is it that she feels so familiar?' I tapped my head to remember her. The way she moved was familiar and overly embedded in my mind.

"Give it up, young lady! You will lose this one."

"Are you sure about that, Muu Alexius? You shouldn't underestimate people, you know? How about I show you a sword skill I learned somewhere?" She turned right and was about to attack but then she rolled to the left and attack him with the hilt on the back of his head. It hit and he face-planted on the floor.

"She was able to bring him down!" Myron shouted in surprise. All the Fanalis were surprised to see their captain be hit. Mister Muu stood up and faced her with cold eyes.

"Woah! Captain is serious!" The Fanalis Corps cheered for him while I just stood there silently. Both attacked at the same time and it looked like they were on the same page. Same power and all. Just then, she smirked and swept him down. He fell again but when she was about to strike, he rolled to avoid the sword.

"Scary!" I screeched in fear. Their eyes were glowing with killing intent!

"Should we finish this now, Muu Alexius?"
"Of course, Miss Azami."

They clashed swords and cut their arms. Blood poured out and then they rolled and their swords hit one another. A blade was raised to her neck but then Mister Muu had another near his neck.

"Not bad Mister Muu."
"You too, Azami."

'Wait. Azami? As in Azami!?'

She laughed before looking at me. Her smirk was mocking me but I knew it was her. She removed her hood and her pink hair flowed down with ease. Bright red eyes stared at me with a smile.

"Hello there, Alibaba."

Azami's POV

He was good. Muu Alexius was really not the captain of Fanalis Corps for nothing. After greeting Alibaba, I turned to Muu and smiled at him.

"That was a great battle. I would like to learn some from you while I'm here." He smiled as well and I guess it solved our little problem. I could still feel his distrust but I could see that it was easing a little bit. Alibaba jumped down the stands and tackled me in a hug.

"Azami! It's been a long time! A year! How are you? Where did you travel?"

"Woah. Slow down. I'm fine and I traveled back to the east months ago. There were a lot of people I met and I was able to buy a lot of souvenirs! Their food also tasted great! We should go there with the others some time." I never knew I was this talkative but I just really want to tell him.

Muu came and asked us how we knew each other. Alibaba was the one who told him of our adventure. The Fanalis Corps jumped down and I met a lot of them. I could see that the female Fanalis near Muu was his little sister.

"I'm so beat. Do you think we can grab some snacks?" I asked Alibaba. He nodded and before I could invite Muu, he already told us that he had to meet up with Lady Scheherazade.

"Okay! I'll see you later then!"

We exited the Colosseum and entered a tavern nearby. After ordering, we made our way to the farthest part of the place. There was something I have to tell him after all.

"Please keep this a secret. I visited Kou again and came upon some of their papers. I saw the condition of Balbadd. It's improving actually. The economy has boomed and the transportation has evolved. It was a lot easier to transport goods from places to places but... I'm not sure you will like their government though." He stopped drinking before looking at me in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"There is what you call the class hierarchy and one would be able to identify one by the coloring of their clothing." He looked at me. I could see that he was not that comfortable. I just told him to see it for himself. He made his goal so to lighten up the mood, I asked him about the Yambala tribe. I still intend to learn after all.

"Yambala? They are here."

"I want to learn how to properly manipulate magoi." He was taken aback but soon smiled. After it, we went to his master's place and I was able to meet them. They were nice especially Toto and his master. At first they were reluctant but when Alibaba pulled out some strings, they made me battle a Colosseum monster.

"An Aktian Giant Snake."

"Eh!?"

Battle with Aktian Giant Snake

Dodging the venomous spit of the Aktian snake proved to be difficult. Just one touch and it will melt everything. It's scales are also tough and the only way to finish it was through its eyes and the soft part below its head. Tch.

'Are you sure you're not going to use a weapon equip?' Furcas asked.

'No. That will not help me.' I turned around and used one of the spears in the statue to distract it. I thought I was able to distract it but it sensed me and spat on me. I was able to dodge it but it hit the lower part of my hair which caused it to be cut shorter.

"My hair."

'My Queen! Are you alright?'

'I'm fine.'

I loved my long hair though. I sighed and turned to the giant snake. My bright eyes shone and I could feel power surge to the sword I was holding. Jumping upwards, I attacked its chin then hit both of its eyes. It wailed in pain and anger. My consciousness was slowly diminishing so I used that new power to knock it put.

"It's over." The people from the stand were silent before loud cheering were heard. That was when I passed out. I knew that it was magoi exhaustion. The Yambala leader was surprised to see such feat from a young woman and I guess, he really shouldn't underestimate them.

"You did well kid."

After two hours

My body was burning. I couldn't feel my bones. I tried to open my eyes but it was heavy. That was when a cold feeling touched my head. It made me squirm but soon, I calmed down.

"She must have really used up about half of her magoi huh?" It was a female voice. I tried to open my eyes and finally, I was able to. It was a little heavy but what I could see was that I was in a room with cream painted walls.

"W-Where... am I?"

The woman beside me smiled at told me that I was in their guest room. I nodded and noticed that my hair was still left as it is.

"Excuse me, miss?"

"Toto. My name is Toto."

"Miss Toto? May I borrow your sword for a while?" She was a little hesitant. I grabbed the ends of my hair and even it out. It now reached only until my collar bone. It saddened me but it's also a little convenient to battle now. Toto told me that I need to rest and so I did. She also told me that Alibaba is training with his master.

"Good luck to him then."

The following weeks

I had a hectic schedule ever since I was accepted as the master's student. Alibaba would always spar with me and I sometimes win. He was growing up. I could tell that soon, he'll be strong. Maybe after this, we will meet again and have fun like always. I looked at my djinn and practiced with them. Oh yeah, Alibaba was doing great with it as well! He was able to use his magoi properly and be able to use full body djinn equip! Finally!

"Alibaba? Want to spar with full body djinn equip?" He hesitated but I encouraged him that it will be great to exercise it.

"Alright. Let's do this, Azami!"

"Spirit of Virtue and Arts, Stolas!"

"Spirit of Propriety and Austerity. Use thy magoi and come forth with your household, Amon!"

He was surprised with my third djinn since he was only able to see its weapon equip. "Surprised are we? Let's do this, Alibaba!"

We clashed and my staff hit his arm but he also got my left leg. It was a good start. Using sound, I tapped the ground and turned it into sand. With life magic, poisonous insects came out of the moon insignia and chased him. The unfortunate thing was that he lit them on fire but the good thing about it, was that its smoke is poisonous, paralyzing actually. I smirked and attacked him profusely. He received a stab on his right leg but he was also able to scratch my cheek. It hurt.

"This is so interesting."

"I'm not going to give up, Azami!" We battled for minutes until his djinn equip gave out and he fell to the floor panting.

"We need to work on your stamina." I removed my equip and carried the blonde to the sides and bandaged them up. After that, his voice cut out the silence.

"Are you going to travel again soon?"

"Maybe."

"I wonder how the others are?"

"I learned from someone that Aladdin was doing great in Magnostadt but with Morgiana? I think she already reached the Dark Continent. A friend of mine is probably helping her right now. He's going to help her master her household vessel."

"That's great! I can't wait to see them soon." I know that feeling. I can't wait to see them as well. My metal vessels hummed and I think they're enjoying this silence for once in a while.

'Furcas? Is it time to head out again?'

'Soon. I fear that we need to accomplish something first. War is brewing in the east. I can feel it.'

'Something happened in Kou, My Queen.' Stolas said.

'There's another turn of the circle of rukh.' Sitri murmured. I could feel it as well but I could only hope fora bright future.

A week later

BUMP BUMP BUMP

The feeling of rukh around me changed. I could feel a strong power somewhere near Reim. I think it was about 3 kilometers away from this place. Sitri's metal vessel heated up and I could feel wariness within her. I wonder what was the problem.

'Sitri?' I reluctantly asked. She didn't answer so I called once more. Her voice  was quivering when she answered.

'There's a familiar presence. A dungeon was raised and it's a dungeon, I'm so familiar.'

'Who's dungeon?'

'Ipos. She was a dear friend of mine but we never had any contact anymore. Before we were banished, I was always playing with her. Talking about our king and all.' She said.

'I think it would be great if we amend that friendship of yours. I'm going to conquer it. You ready?'

'But My Queen! What if she hates me now?' She protested.

'I don't think so. It would be best if you talk to her and trust me, sometimes, you just need to talk to that person and tell him/her your reasons.'

It was silent and I think she agreed with what I just said.

"That only means I have to leave Reim soon. We should pack our things and say goodbye to Alibaba."

'You're the one who's only going to pack though.' Furcas deadpanned. I cried internally at his comment. I went back to the inn I am staying and packed all my things. After that, I wrote a personal letter to Lady Scheherazade and Muu. I will be telling my travels to Alibaba personally. Once I was done, I thanked the owner of the inn and paid for all the expenses.

"Thank you for taking care of me, Alain." I told the master of the tavern. She patted my head.

"It's no problem my dear. Come by soon again and be careful with your travels!"

"I will!"

Once I was outside, I checked my clothes again. I still wore the same brown shorts and boots but my top was now a short kimono. My hood was cut into pieces when I battled at the Colosseum and if I wanted one again, I had to buy it in Kou! The kimono was easy to move through though. Not restraining and I was very comfortable!

I arrived at the same palace where Lady Scheherazade invited me to talk. It was still as mesmerizing as ever. I entered it and told the soldier that I wanted to give a letter to Lady Scheherazade. Expectedly, Muu was also there when the soldier delivered me.

"Good day, Azami. What would it be that you'd want?" He asked with formality.

"Here." I grabbed the letters and gave it to them. Lady Scheherazade read it and was a little disheartened that I was already leaving. I smiled though and thanked them for letting me stay in their country. Muu smiled softly at me before telling me to visit again soon.

"Of course I will, soft brute."

"You..." A ticked mark appeared on his head. That made me laugh nervously.

"I'm just joking! But I will soon. Also, I wish you well Lady Scheherazade. I'll be going now then. I have to break the news to Alibaba. See you soon!"

I ran towards the Colosseum and saw Alibaba watching in the stands.

"Alibaba!"
"Azami!"

I told him to meet me outside and when I did, I broke the news to him. He was a saddened to see me go soon but he gave me a grin and a goodluck.

"I'll be seeing you with Aladdin and the others okay? Later!"

I used Sitri's djinn equip and flew towards the dungeon. Once it was insight, I dropped the equip and examined the area. It was old and looked like an entrance to Colosseum. Geez, I just came from one and I have to enter one that looks the same as well? It made me laugh at the irony but I knew that this dungeon was different.

"It's time to conquer this dungeon! Let's go!"

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 5.7K 51
*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* *3rd place winner of MagiWA 2017 in Sinbad category* Amirah is a princess of Heliohapt seeking adven...
117K 5.6K 32
*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* Ashlyn's life had been anything but easy. Her father left years ago and her mother is very abusive, both...
20.2K 542 9
So I haven't seen many, or any to be honest, of these so I'll try my best to make it a good story! You are a slave girl originally from the Dark Con...
824 0 10
It's 10 years after Sinbad and Hikari's story, Aladdin is a young and noble Magi with a magic flute that gives him the power to summon giant creature...