My Protector (Camren)

By stayharmonized4

Camila Cabello is an ordinary girl. She goes to school, has a loving family, some trustful friends, and has a... More

Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 7

20.4K 518 310
By stayharmonized4

Camila's POV

Celeste? Who the hell is Celeste? That name doesn't ring a bell at all. Lauren seemed to stiffen and I heard her release a faint hiss as I used her body to hide mines. Her leather jacket opened up a bit, hiding me more from the intimidating five guys standing in front of us. Now that I come to think of it I've never seen them around here at all. 

"What do you want and how do you know me?" Lauren asked coldly. Her body was as stiff as a board and  I felt some heat radiate from her body. That's weird.

"Listen Celeste, or should I say Princess Jauregui of the Vincent Kingdom, we know about your little secret and it won't go unseen by our kind. But before we get to talking let me introduce you to my pack. Would be rude if I didn't right?" Princess Jauregui of the Vincent Kingdom. What? The mysterious light-brown haired boy said and winked at Lauren in the end. I don't like him now. He spoke with confidence, a little to much confidence. What am I missing here? "I'm Zac." I think he's the leader. He talks way to much.

"I'm Justin." The guy with an owl and other tattoos I can't decipher on his left arm said.

"I'm Ross." The one with shaggy blonde hair piped up.

"Cody." The Australian looking one said.

"I'm Austin. Can we get this over with I'm starving here." The boy with hazel looking eyes demanded. One thing that they all were was buff, wow, not to mention pretty cute too. I know this is not the time to check out five random guys but I just couldn't pull my gaze away from them. Another hiss escaped Lauren's body and I pulled away from my trance. Wait. . . get over what?

"Now Austin be patient I have to catch up with my long lost friend Celeste over here." Austin sighed crossing his arms sending a scowl in Zac's direction. He walked right in front of Lauren with a grin on his face while I'm sure Lauren shot him dangers through her glasses.

"So how you been Celeste?"

"Perfect until you dumb dogs arrived." Dogs? No please don't tell me they're. . . werewolves. He did introduce them as his pack so it kind of made sense. I hope they aren't because I don't think I can handle another mythical creature just yet. He just chuckled at her response, but his happy face quickly changed into one of pure hate. 

"Watch your mouth you nasty bloodsucker if you don't want you're little mate over there gone in a matter of seconds." He said through gritted teeth and sent a wave of chills down spine.

"Lay one of your dirty paws on her and I will make sure to get rid of you myself." She spat back with anger evident in her husky voice. 

"What? You're not going to call you're little clan this time?"

"What are you talking about?" 

He let out a fake laugh. "Don't act like you don't remember. The day you and your stupid clan almost wiped out my family for no reason. I will get my revenge on you Celeste, even if it's the last thing I do."

"You know exactly what you and you're family did was wrong and you have no right to get angry of something you started." He released a growl a little louder than before which caused his pack to walk to his side. I saw Lauren's hand that was covering my body ball up into a fist, I gentle grabbed it and felt her fist loosen up under my touch and take a deep breath. Her getting in a fight was the last thing I wanted right now. 

"Shut up! You scumbags just think you run everything and are better than everyone so anything that you don't like is all of a sudden a crime. Mark my words Celeste this isn't the last time we will meet. Come on boys." He nodded his head over to the exit and they started their way out. 

"I'll be waiting." Lauren said loud and clear grabbing Zac's attention. He looked like he was about to claw Lauren's eyes out, thank god one of his guys grabbed his shoulder and stopped him before he could make his way over to use again. The tattoo guy shook his head, as if telling him it wasn't the time, and walked out of the room. What is she nuts?! Basically asking for a fight with a werewolf right when they were going to leave us alone. She took her seat next to me again and ran her hand through her long black locks and sighing. She has some explaining to do later.

"Sorry about that guys just an. . . old friend and some unsettled business." She said with a small toothless smile. Ok not even I would fall for that lie. The girls looked between us with confusion written all over their faces. I was about to add on to her lie when the bell rang. Saved by the bell at its greatest.

"Bye girls I'll text you guys after school. Come on Lauren I'll show you the classroom to your next class." I grabbed her hand and literally yanked her up before she could say anything else and walk out of the lunchroom into the soon to be busy hallways. I hope the girls don't suspect something. Of course they'll suspect something you dimwit didn't you see what just happened? Shut up brain not now!

"You talk to yourself Camz?" Lauren said laughing a bit. I looked at her as if telling her this is not the right time for jokes. I felt a mixture of emotions right now. I was scared, annoyed and worried. Scared because I just saw five werewolves. . . WEREWOLVES! Not to mention that one of them looked like he wanted to kill Lauren. Annoyed because Lauren couldn't keep her mouth shut, and worried because both of our lives were threatened. They referred to me as her mate and that scared the crap out of me still. How did they find out? Oh well I'll find out once Lauren tells me what that whole commotion was about. I pulled her into a little alcove that was away from the hallway and crossed my arms waiting for her to explain.

Lauren's POV

Those stupid good for nothing werewolves. I just wanted to bite each of their heads off right there. Zac and I have definitely meet before, I just acted dumb to see if he was referring to what I thought he was referring to. 

Flashback

My clan and I, which consisted of my brother Harry and friends Demi, Niall, Vero, and Alexa, decided to take a walk around the woods because we had nothing better. You think being a vampire there would never be a dull, well I can assure you that we have a lot of those.

"So guys anything new?" I asked.

"Oh! I tried squirrel blood earlier today. It wasn't that bad. You guys should try it." That made me stop in my tracks and gasp. How could he do that to a poor squirrel!

"Niall how could you do that to a squirrel?! You know how much I love them!" He just laughed and took out his fangs liking them as if he was wiping away blood in pure delight. He knows how much I love squirrels and was doing this for his own amusement.

"Well I did and it was delicious. I think imma stay on a squirrel blood for now on. There are so many running around that I could basically have one anytime I want." I just stood there glaring at him while he stood there with an stupid grin on his face. Everyone else was just enjoying the little scene he was pulling.

"Lad you're in for it now." My brother said. He couldn't be more right.

"Niall. I'll give you five seconds to run." He looked at me like I had five heads.

"Really Lauren you're going to-" You better believe it I was.

"5. . ." 

"Oh shit." Was all he said and took running with his super-speed deeper into the woods. I started walking and continued counting down with my fingers, never losing sight of his blonde head.

"4. . .3. . .2. . .1." I finished and took off after him. Niall was fast but not faster than me. Not trying to be cocky here but I am the oldest of the Vincent family, a.k.a the strongest and most powerful kingdom of the Vampire race. I quickly caught up to him and he squealed once he saw me. I tried grabbed him but he dodged my hand and stuck out his tongue at me. He jumped onto a tree and swiftly started hoping from tree to tree. I gotta say he was pretty good at that. I quickly followed his move and started jumping from limb to limb. 

"Come back here you little squirrel killing murderer!'" 

"Never!" I heard him yell in the distance. Ugh I hate jumping trees, I know a better way to do this. On the next tree I made sure to position myself right and jumped up straight into the air. I was flying over the trees when I saw Niall's blonde head leaping from tree to tree. 

"Got 'em." I muttered to myself and started to descend right to him. A hiss escaped my mouth which caught his attention. He let out a high pitched scream before I tackled him off the tree and onto the floor. When we were falling in the air he was trying to escape my grip but he was obviously unsuccessful. I slammed him into a tree a couple feet before we hit the ground and I jumped of it landing smoothly on my feet. I wanted him to pay for what he did not dead. His body slid down the tree and rolled right in front of me. I straddled his waste and started slapping him across his pale face, not too hard though. 

"All right all right I'm sorry!" I stopped smacking him but left my hand up waiting for him to continue. "I promise never to hurt another squirrel again!" He yelled hoping that was enough to satisfy me. It was. It was quite funny too. 

"Thank you." I gave him a small smile and pat his head like a dog. I got off his and helped him up, he was dusting the dirt of his clothes my brother, Alexa, Vero, and Demi jumped off a tree and made there way to us. 

"You would think she was princess of the squirrel kingdom instead of our kingdom." I heard him whisper into Harry's ear which caused him laugh at his joke. I smacked him upside the head.

"I heard that you know." Niall stuck his tongue out and I stuck mine out at him too. Who says that we're 1360 years old? All of a sudden we heard ruffling from the bushes and low growls come behind them. We all stopped what we were doing and got serious. Those growls could only come from one creature, a werewolf. 

"I'm not the only one who heard that right?" Demi asked. We all shook our heads and looked around for the source of the growl. Then eight bodies emerged from the bushes and surrounded us. There were five shirtless guys and three good looking girls. I gotta say she-wolfs are pretty hot. Who knows I could do to one if we were left alone. Men don't catch my attention if you get my drift. And yes, vampires can be gay too. I put those inappropriate thoughts behind my head and studied each of their faces. The oldest looking one of the group stepped up and I mentally sent a message to each one of them to keep there guards up because these guys don't look friendly.

"You guys aren't allowed here." He said.

"What do you mean the woods are free for anyone to walk through." I heard Vero answer back.

"Well you aren't allowed to walk through here you dumbasses!" The one with the light brown hair said. He looked angrier than everyone else.

"Zac be quiet! The reason you aren't allowed here is because we own this territory and it is only strictly allowed for our kind only. There are signs up everywhere. Didn't you see them?"

"No we didn't see any." Harry said.

"Well now you know so can you please leave." I raised my eyebrow at him and shook my head slowly.

"You can't do that. We have the right to walk around any part of the woods as we please. You can have your own property but you can't deny access for other people to walk through it." I said. Making sure he got the memo that we weren't going anywhere. 

"This is our property and we can do whatever we want with it now please leave."  He said raising his voice a little and pointed the opposite direction for us to go to.

"No. That's stupid." I said, getting a little annoyed now.

"Listen here you dumb bloodsucker just listen to the directions or you'll regret it." One of the girls said while walking up to me but stopped a few feet in front me.

"Or else what? You fur balls gunna do something? " Alex commented back and made her way next to me. Out of all of us Alexa has the least bit patience, so you don't want to get her irritated. I mentally told her to chill so she wouldn't start something.

"I don't think you want to know what I would do to your pale ass if I got my hands on you."

"Oh I dare you to find out."

"No Miranda don't-" The oldest guy said. But it was too late because the girl already shifted into her werewolf side and jumped on Alexa. That's when all hell broke loose. The rest of them shifted into their werewolf and started charging at us, picking the opponent they wanted to fight. I let out a loud hiss and charged at the werewolf that was running at me. It tried jumping on me ready to bite my head off when I slid under its body, dodging the attack and jumped on its back. I jabbed my fangs in its neck and it let out a cry. It tried shaking me off I dug my fingers in its back and I felt it get weaker and weaker until it clasped on the floor lifeless. I kicked the dead dog off to the side and quickly blocked the gigantic paw of another werewolf as soon as I turned around. Wow that was a close one.

I sucker-punched it right in its huge jaw and it let out a loud growl in my face. Now let me tell you, werewolf breath smelled like shit. It jumped back and shook its head, trying to regain its focus, and charged at me again. I dodged its attack by quickly running out the way and up the side of a tree. I jumped off and aimed my body right at the stupid dog ready to punch its lights out when it turned around and hit me right across the face. sending my body flying to the ground. "Shit." I mumbled to myself and got up, only to get my left arm clawed by the beast's claws and then tackled to the ground. Ignoring the throbbing pain I grabbed its mouth before it was about to bite off my head. Damn this thing was strong. With one kiss I quickly got on my feet causing it to bite the ground. I took a couple steps back and ran right to its warm body, tackling it to the floor and biting its neck hard. It let out a painful cry and a few seconds later went limp. "Dumb dog." I got up holding my bleeding arm when I saw what was going on. Harry was fighting off wolves while everyone else was handling one. Alexa kneed the animal right in the stomach and then grabbed one of its legs and sent it flying into a tree. Once it hit the floor Alexa wasted no time biting its neck and killing it. That's why you never get Alexa irritated.

A loud cry caught my attention and whipped my head to see Demi biting the life out of her opponent. She pulled back and kicked its body straight into a tree. That's my girl. I made my way to her side and we were about to jump in and help Harry when one of them growled loudly causing the rest to stop. It growled again and they started making their way into the wood, their bodies disappearing in the mess of bushes. Niall hissed at them and then everyone made their way towards me. 

"Oh my god Laur are you ok?" Harry asked, concern clear in his voice.

"Yeah I'm fine. But that stupid dog ruined my favorite leather jacket."

End of Flashback

That guy is lucky we only killed half of his family; I bet he was one of the wolves that were fighting Harry. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt myself get pushed in a little open room with a frustrated Camila looking right at me. Damn she looked hot angry.

"You have three minutes to explain what all that was about." She demanded. 

"Three minutes isn't enough to tell you everything Camz." Which was true and plus this isn't a right place to tell her anyway.

"Then tell who those guys were."

"That guy, Zac, he's part of a werewolf family me and my clan fought a couple years ago. They told us to leave 'their' part of the woods and of course we stood our ground. Next thing you know it's a vampire verses werewolf showdown." I explained putting air quotes around "their" because it really wasn't their territory. I looked at her, connecting our gaze as Camila's gorgeous brown eyes met my intimidating red ones. A mixture fear and excitement ran through them. I wonder what the excitement was about.

Werewolves are real that's so cool! But. . . they want to hurt me and I'm terrified out of my mind because they can end my life in an instant. What did I do to deserve this? This is all to much to handle right now.

Her mind said it all. I was about to send her a mind message when I saw her wobble a bit and loose energy. Yes I can feel her energy levels, but I feel it more when it's getting low, like right now. I quickly went to her side and grabbed her, pulling her in my arms so she wouldn't fall. Her petite body molding into mine perfectly and I never wanted to let her go.

"You ok Camz?" I whispered into her ear. She wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head on my chest. I'm guessing that she regained her energy again, thank god because I couldn't have her unconscious right now. My grip around her waist tightened a bit as I felt a wave of protectiveness and warmth run through my body.

"Lolo. . . were you serious about the werewolf part? Are they really real?" She mumbled into my chest. her voice was so calm and peaceful even though I knew she was freaking out inside.

"100% princess. But don't worry I won't let anyone hurt you. I made a promise to always protect you from any harm and I'm keeping it until I take my last breath on this world." Wait, did I just call her princess? Yes you did you idiot and now it's going to get awkward between you two! No it won't shut up brain! Ugh, I'm talking to myself now.You're definitely not ok Lauren. I was knocked out of my trance by a soft giggle, the most cutest giggle I have ever heard.

"Thank you Lolo I really appreciate all that you are doing for me, but I can't help but get scared every time something like this pops up. I've never really liked werewolves either, they look so terrifying and mean."

"No need to thank me Camz I love protecting you. And as for the werewolf part you don't have to worry a precious hair on your body, they'll going to have to get through me first and let me tell you, that's never going to happen." I kissed the top of her head and gave her one last hug before pulling away, only to be met by a smiling Camila in front of me. I couldn't hold back the smile that spread through my face just by looking at her. I mean, who wouldn't smile if they were face to face with a  beautiful human being like her in front of them? 

I heard the bell go off signaling the end of lunch. I sighed as I remembered that I didn't have the rest of my classes with Camila. That both made me a bit annoyed because I couldn't be there if those stupid guys tried pulling something on her, and upset because I would miss her company. All of a sudden I felt warm, soft lips kiss my cheek and I couldn't remember what I was thinking about before that. 

"Come on I'll show you to your next class before we're both late." I nodded and let her lead the way. A goofy smile never leaving my face as I ran my fingers over my cheek and replayed the scene over and over again in my head.

Camila's POV

I took Lauren to her classroom and waved goodbye so I can head to mine, but stopped in my tracks as I felt someone grab my wrist. I turned around only to be met by the vampire herself.

"If anything just think me." What? I giggled at her statement because it made no sense!  "It does make sense just talk to me mentally and I'll respond instantly. And if those dumb humans mess with you again don't hesitate to tell me because I sure won't hesitate on kicking their asses." I laughed at her choice of words and assured her that I would call her, or "think her" as she put it. I gave her one last smile and started walking to my class. 

Surprisingly the rest of the day went by pretty smoothly. The Popular Crew was no where in sight for both my AP English and Spanish class. Yeah I was surprised too when I saw them in my class as well. You would think that they were stupid and didn't care about school, but it turns out that some of them actually do care. Shocker!

But throughout both my classes I couldn't help but think about Lauren. That little session we had in the hallway made me realize that I actually do have feelings for her. They might not be as strong as hers but I feel something, something you feel for someone who you want to be more than friends with. When she caught me and held me tight in her arms I felt protected and. . . happy that she was holding me so lovingly. Not to mention all of the sweet things that she said to me and that only made my heart go into a frenzy. She looked so adorable when she heard the bell ring that I couldn't help the kiss I gave her on the cheek. That just made me more nervous than I already was. I knew I had a crush on her but now I'm sure I like her. Like, like like her. Oh god I hope she didn't read my thoughts because I couldn't handle the embarrassment if she found out. I don't know where our relationship will escalate to next but I really like it where it is now.

When the last bell rang I quickly gathered all my books and walked to my locker. A small smile formed on my lips as I saw Lauren lean against mine, she moved away once she saw me. What was he doing protecting my locker?

Maybe.

I laughed at her ridiculousness and put all the books I didn'tt need into my locker and only took the ones I needed to do my homework. 

"Ready to go?" Lauren asked while pointing her thumb at the doors. 

"But you don't even know where I live?"

"That's exactly why you're going to drive us there." She said trying to hold in her laughter. Oh god I completely forgot I drove us here. I felt blood rush to my cheeks as I muttered an "I knew that" and started walking to the door so she couldn't see my flustered face. I felt her walking behind me as I walked outside and headed to my car. 

"Hey Karla!" Oh no not now. I thought they were gone already! I sighed and turned around seeing the king of assholes himself walk up to me.

"What do you want Wesley?" I said with as much attitude as I could muster. My afternoon was going great and I wasn't about to let him ruin it.

"What's with the attitude Cabello I just wanted to say hi." He said with a stupid grin on his face. I felt someone stand behind me and quickly knew it was Lauren.

"Well isn't it obvious she doesn't want to talk to you, so do us the both a favor and get out of our sight." Damn sassy Lauren. I liked it. Wesley just laughed as if she just told a good joke. There was nothing humerus in her tone I could tell you that.

"You again? What are you her bodyguard or something?"

"I'm not but I would be more than happy to kick your ass right now if that's what you're asking for." She snapped back. I didn't like where this was going.

Lolo please calm down. Don't let him get to you he's not worth it.

I heard her sigh and knew that the message got through. Yay it worked.

"Oh no thanks but thanks for the offer though." He sharply commented and smirked at both of us. Oh no you don't want to play with Lauren like that. I had to get out of here.

"I don't have time for your stupidity Wesley. Come on Lolo lets go." I got into the drivers seat and she got in the passenger side without muttering a word to Wesley. Good. I took off and drove the familiar road to my house. 

"I really don't like him." Lauren said. 

"Me either. He just never seems to stop and it's so annoying." I said while keeping my eyes on the road. 

"I wish I could just knock his teeth out so I wouldn't here his dumb mouth again."

"Lo you have to control your anger so you won't do something you'll regret." 

"I know Camz I know. I just hate how he talks to you like you're some toy, when you definitely aren't." I stopped at a red light and turned to face her with a warm smile when I felt my breath get caught in my throat. Dark red eyes were looking straight at me. I guess she must have taken her glasses off while I was driving and I didn't notice. I must say she looks beautiful with red eyes, but I miss the emerald green ones I saw in the forest.

"Hey Lolo can you like, switch them back to its original eye color?"

"Yeah. Give me a second." She closed her eyes for a couple of seconds and then opened them again revealing the sparking green eyes I saw in the forest. 

"Wow." I breathed out without even knowing I said it until she laughed a bit. There goes the blush. "I'm sorry you just have very beautiful eyes, never seen anything like them." Ok where did THAT come from? She ran her fingers through her hair and wait. . . did I make her blush?! I didn't even know vampires could blush! Aw she looks so adorable.

"Thanks Camz." She said with a cute toothless smile. Oh my god my heart. That was just so adorable.

The rest of the ride consisted of us just randomly talking about anything, and we each through in a couple personal facts to get to know each other. Overall it was the best drive I've had in a long time, Lauren just made everything so much better.

When we got to my house we hanged out for a while and got to know each other better. I mean I was her mate after all and we should get to know each other as well as we could with the little time we had together. After about 3 hours of getting to know each other Lauren had to go back home.

"You know how to reach me if anything ok Camz?" She asked while pulling me in a tight hug.

"Lolo. . . can't. . . breathe." I choked out and she quickly let go of me, checking my body to see if she hurt me at all causing me to laugh at her reaction. 

"I'm so sorry Camz I didn't realize I was squeezing you so hard!" She said with concern evident in her voice.

"I'm fine Lolo. You're a vampire you guys are like abnormally strong I get it." 

"You're so stupid." She said and hugged me again, this time not as tight and I didn't hesitate to hug her back. I love the feeling of her arms around me, it just brings me a sense of security and protectiveness and I love it. "Meet you in front of your car tomorrow for school alright?"

"You got it princess Celeste."

"Karla!"

"Ok ok now go before someone goes outside and sees you do your jumping thingy on the trees." I heard her giggle at my use of words as she made her way to my window. She pulled her glasses up, revealing her red eyes and she winked at me before disappearing into the darkness. I through myself on my bed and let out a shriek of joy. I've never been so happy before in my life! Today turned out well, very well.

A/N: HELLO ALL OF MY BEAUTIFUL READERS!!!! Sorry for the mistakes here but i won't have enough time to proof read it cuz i have to turn off my pc quickly, parents orders -.- . To think that this story has gotten so far when i thought it was going to go nowhere is amazing! thank you all for reading and supporting my book like you don't know how much it means to me! :') When im bumed i just look at you guys comments and they literally make my day. Thank you thank you thank you!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!! like if i could hug each n everyone of u i would. n also....this story almost has 5k reads n im not ok!!!!

One more thing! Im co-writing a story called Adore You with the loveley n amazing @lovatic1114 n its camren based for all yall camren lovers out there. im sure yall heard of her or read her stories they r really amazing. so check our story out if you have the chance :)

vote/comment. i lllllllooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeee it when yall comment so knock yallselves ooout!!

LOVE YOU A LOT AND STAY STRONG BECAUSE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL AND UNIQUE JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! :) Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 1.7K 36
Lauren Jauregui, a Normal Teenager? No. Well, maybe at first Sight. But if you look more closely, you will know way more things-way darker things. La...
8.3K 296 14
A distraught Lauren does everything in her power to win the girl of her dreams, and save their marriage.. She takes her on a get away hoping to win h...
970K 24.4K 22
Lauren Jauregui; Captain of the softball team. Most popular girl in school. Every girls hero and every guys dream. She's dating the most popular girl...
454K 12.1K 25
Camila Cabello is very confident. She isn't shy when she sees a girl she wants. Eventually, any girl she sets out to get, ends up back at her and her...