Ramayana Retold - Shivam's Ro...

By Shivam030291

Hi guys This is Shivam , I Like writing a lot of Ramayana Fics , specially about Lakshmila , Here is a s... More

ACROSS SHORES
The Princesses Of Mithila
Queens of Ayodhya
The Prince Of Ayodhya
The Red Mark
Away from Home
BEGINNING OF A NEW JOURNEY
next part will be uploaded soon
THE GURUKUL
Growing UP - Part 1( MITHILA PRINCESSES)
Growing Up- Part 2 ( Ayodhya Princes)
Presenting the Couples
GURUDAKSHINA
AN INVITATION WITH HIDDEN DESIRES
BALA AND ATIBALA
THUNDER MEETS SUNSHINE
BLOOD OATH
FIRST STAIRCASE TO LOVE- FRIENDSHIP
Poisonous Origin
NO PAIN ....NO GAIN
My Son's Bride
OLD WOUNDS
DESTINED TO MEET ( PART 1)
THE SECOND NAGA PRINCESS
A match Made in Hell
DESTINED TO MEET - PART2

New Dawn in Ayodhya and Mithila

6K 107 13
By Shivam030291

The city of Khosal and Mithila have had been the closest of Allies since many many Years . King Dashrath and King Janaka shared many traits and Qualities , due to which there was a mutual Respect and Admiration between the two.

While the kingdom Of Ayodhya Boasted of Wealth , Riches and the most powerful Forces , The land of Mithila , though not as strong militarily , itself was a land rich in its scenic beauty and massive farmlands .The two Kingdoms shared an amicable bond and Healthy trade relations , even though Both Families never quite met in person , as the daily running affairs of the Kingdom dindt allow them any time , inspite of their best efforts to try and meet.

And to top that off , both the kings have had an responsibilty of late , the king of Khosala had his four little princes to look after , who had been born after painstaking tapasya done by Dashrath and his three Wives- Kausalya , sumita and Kekayi . 

Such was the bond between father and Son , that dashrath wanted all his shining stars to be in front of his eyes , the more he gazed towards them , the more his heart wanted .

Same was the case with King Janaka and King Kushdhwaja , they had been blessed with four daughters , and they could not help but spoil their daughters with love . 

The once deserted Palace of Mithila , filled with gloom due to no children , had now turned into a loud mess , with chatter-patter of the girls filled all around the corridors . 

The arrival of the daughters to this world brought along with them huge prosperity , with the barren Lands of mithila turning lush green once again , and filling the mood of the praja with joy. Prince Ram was born to Queen Kaushalya , the eldest of the four , he was the ideal for the other three brothers .All of them looked towards him for his gudance and love. 

As soft spoken as Ram was , he was extremely protective of his siblings , and took upon him to face any wrath of his mothers when his siblings did mischief . All of just 10 years of age , he had the knack of standing up against the old school shackles and rituals .

Bharat was the second eldest , born to queen kekai , he was an introvert and liked spending his time in craftsmanship , mainly paintings and pottery , at the age of just 9 , he had developed super crafts skills and liked to spoil his other 3 brothers from the gifts he made personally . 

He was respected equally as Rama.And then there were the naughty ones , the twins Lakshman and Shatrughan , born to queen sumitra , though blood brothers by birth , Lakshman was inseparable from Ram and shatrughan from bharat.

 The reasons well , was known to the entire Ayodhyan Praja , Queen Sumitra feeding on the halves of prasad of the other two queens , her sons were destined to be inclined towards their elder brothers.But however attached may be to their elder brothers , there was one thing they were together in always , MISCHIEF . 

They too were at 9 yrs of age , just a few months younger than Bharat.The daughters of Mithila too had contrasting personalities.Sita , at 9 yrs of age , had developed deep intesrest in being with nature and feeling it , often was found sitting with her sisters near the ponds and on outskirts of the mithila forests , whenever she was around , birds from all around flew at stood on the tree branches near her , sometimes making a humming sound , as if talking to her , and why not , she was after all the daughter of mother nature , found in the soil when the king himself was ploughing the fields.

 Her arrival brought along a fortune for mithila , not only in temrs of wealth , but also in the form of good news for queen sunaina and chandrabhaga .Months later , Mandavi and Urmila were born , their birth being just days apart, and an year later the youngest princess , Shrutkirti.

Shrutkirti was a sedate girl , often being pampered by her sisters , especially Sita . She loved to sing and dance. She liked to hear folktales of Princes from her mother and her Sita Didi , often living in her dream worldMandavi was more of a Chirpy and centered Type , she liked to stand in front of the mirror and dress up for hours , with her sisters joining in helping her . She absolutely hated cooking , which her mother had tried to invoke some culnirary interest in her , but she was least interested , and often ran to king janaka , even in between in palace proceedings , to avoid her mother .

Urmila was a total different type of fellow , She hated herself called a princess , in her view , she was her father's prince . Not into any activities that is expected of a typical princess , she had made it a habit to sneak out to training grounds , along with her Uncle Kushdwaja who oversaw the military affairs , and watched from the stands the fighters train and fight it out . often being scolded for this , she didt care.

 Just like the Kosala Princes , the Mithila Beauties shared an in separable sister bond , different in likings , but similar deep inside their heart .

What had destiny planned for the next generation of these two Kingdoms ????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 165 19
The Ramayana invariably brings to our minds the characters of Ram, Sita, Lakshman, Bharat, Kausalya, Ravan, Mandodari -- even Kaikeyi and Manthara. ...
Lakshman's Daughter By Sathu

Historical Fiction

84K 3.2K 45
Featured on ASIAN FANTASY Featured on HISTORICAL FICTION Queen Sita ends her life as she becomes unable to tolerate the bad-mouthing and injustice...
57.9K 3.9K 107
"Because he is Ram's shadow... and she is Sita's reflection... One is the personification of dutifulness and other one is the epitome of sacrifice. W...
268K 12.7K 83
**COMPLETED** This is the story of a girl who is best to the good people and just worst to the bad people. She enjoys her life and loves her ga...