Oh, Dakota.

By Live2loveU

School’s finally out and Elijah wanted nothing more than for his band to play gigs at his father’s new Bar, a... More

Oh, Dakota.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty One.
Chapter Twenty Two.
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven.
Chapter Twenty Eight.
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty One.
Chapter Thirty Two.
Chapter Thirty Three.
Chapter Thirty Four.
Chapter Thirty Five.
Author's note.
Chapter Thirty Six.
Chapter Thirty Seven.
Chapter Thirty Eight.
Chapter Thirty Nine.
Chapter Forty.
Chapter Forty One.
Chapter Forty Two.
Chapter Forty Three.
Chapter Forty Four.

Chapter Nineteen.

5.4K 133 9
By Live2loveU

Elijah Astor

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Someone bounced on the bed. My nose scrunched up, and I turned, slipping deeper under the bed covers. “Dakota.” I murmured, and nudged her leg with mine. “Close the blinds.” I complained, trying to shield my eyes away from the early sunlight, sneaking through the window.

Dakota made a grunting sound, nudging me back, harder. “I’m sleeping.” She yanked roughly on the covers, pulling them off me and over herself.

Someone screeched. “Guys!”

I opened one eye. Stacey was scrambled out on the floor, her hair bunched around her face and staring angrily up at the ceiling. She huffed loudly, before sitting up and crossing her arms.

Dakota laughed. Her head was peaked out of the covers, and her own hair was a mess. She looked sort of hot. “What happened to you?” She asked Stacey, laughing again.

Stacey laughed along with her. “I was trying to wake you up. But, you started fighting with the covers and made me fall off the bed!”

Ah, so she was the one bouncing on the bed. Dakota laughed louder, her eyes shining. “Stac, that’s priceless!”

“Oh, hush.” She rolled her eyes, pushing herself up. “But, seriously. Wake up; it’s our last day here. You can’t sleep the day away!”

Dakota sits up, letting the covers slip down her waist. She rubbed her knuckle against her left eye. “Do you want to go to the beach?”

I took this opportunity to glide the covers away from Dakota and back over myself. She threw me a nasty glare, but didn’t move from her spot. Stacey says, “Yeah, girl. Then we can all go to lunch. Do you want to get ready and then we can walk down? The boys can meet us later.”

“Sure. Give me ten minutes.” Dakota lifts her arms above her head, stretching back. As she does, she lets out a moan of appreciation. Mhm.

“Okay.” Stacey nodded and walked out of the room, clicking the door shut behind her.

Dakota let out a heavy sigh, flopping back down the bed.

I eyed her wearily. “Aren’t you supposed to be getting dressed?”

“I’m tired.” She complained, rolling her head to the side to meet my gaze. “Will you help me?”

Help her change? I don’t think that end well. “Blondie, I can guarantee you if you get naked in front of me, you will stay naked.”

She broke our eye contact. “You’re gross.” She laughed, shoving me before standing up from the bed.

“Hey, I’m a guy. Don’t blame me.”

“Whatever.” She bent down, quickly retrieving a bathing suit from her suitcase. She sent me one last look, before leaving the room. Well, there goes that.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

An hour later, Ryan and I were making our way down to the beach. The girls had ordered us to bring their chairs, so we were hefting those down the beach. The sand was hot, and the air was sticky, creating slight sweat on my neck.

Ryan gave me a side way glance. “What time are you guys heading home tonight?”

I shrugged. “I’m not sure. Maybe nine or ten at night. You?”

“Whatever Stacey wants.”

I laughed shortly. “You really like her, huh?”

Ryan sighed. We stopped at a clear spot on the beach, dropping the chairs. “Yeah. I mean, who wouldn’t?”

“She is Stacey Dugan.” I replied, beginning to look around the beach for Dakota and Stacey.

“But, sometimes, I feel like I’m the only one.” Ryan said. He swipes his hand over his forehead. “I feel like she isn’t serious about me.”

Because she isn’t, I wanted to say. I mean, it’s obvious. The way she flirts with me sometimes and in front of Ryan, but I didn’t want to crush the poor boy. He was obviously in love with the girl.

I cupped a hand around his shoulder. “Just relax, man.”

“You’re right.” He laughed, sounding slightly relived. He extended his arm, pointing down toward the ocean. “There they are.”

I followed his finger. My gaze landed on Stacey first, whom was standing at the edge of the ocean, talking to, whom I believed was Damien. Looking a little to the left, I spotted Dakota. She was in a gold bikini, skimpy but elegant on her. Her hair was piled down in wet waves, and I suspected she had been swimming. But, what I noticed most was the big smile on her face. And a slight pink blush over her cheekbones. She was talking to some boy, and as I squinted my eyes looking harder, it was the boy who worked the bumper cars.

I felt a surge of something in me. I don’t know what, but it wasn’t good. Why was she smiling so big? And what was he saying?

I watched as his hand snuck out, touching over her hip, tugging her close as he whispered something. She laughed, swatting his chest.

“Excuse me.” I said to Ryan. I stormed down to the ocean, quickly making it to Dakota. When I was by her side, my arm slips over her shoulders. “Hi, Blondie.” I whispered in her ear. “Remember me?”

They stopped laughing. She turned her head, raising her hand over her forehead, blocking the sun. She gave me a strange look. “Um, Elijah. What’s up?”

What’s up? She’s asking me what’s up? My arm moved down her back very slowly until it was snugged around her petite waist. “I came to find you. I see you weren’t worried.” My eyes moved over to the boardwalk guy. He looked awkward, rubbing the back of his neck as he stared at us.

She gave me another strange look. She turned her attention back to boardwalk guy. “Uh, Dan. This is, Elijah. My, my… My friend.” She finished.

Dan raised his eyebrows. “Are you sure?” He asked her.

Dakota’s cheeks flamed a hot red. She shoved my arm off her, and moved away from me. Okay, that one hurt.

“Yes, I’m more than sure. He’s a friend.”

Am I?

Dan gives a curt nod. “Alright. Well, my buddies are probably looking for me.” He jabs his thumb over his shoulder. “I’m going to go. It was nice talking to you, Dakota.”

“Yeah, you too.” She mumbles, watching him walk away. Once he’s out of listening rage, she punches me in the arm. “What was that about?”

“What was what about?”

She sneers. “Don’t play stupid.”

I stumble back a step, throwing a hand over my heart and feigning hurt. “Blondie, how could you suspect me of anything?”

She throws her arms up in exasperation. “You’re unbelievable. Just don’t talk to me.”

I watched as she walked away. Well, that wasn’t nearly as satisfying as I thought.

I quickly catch up to her, throwing my arms around her waist from behind. “Blondie, I was just kidding.”

She stops in her tracks. I feel her body exhale as she lets out a deep breath. “You’re immature.”

“No, I’m not.” I argue. “That Dan guy was a total prick.”

She scoffs. “Says you. I thought he was nice. And cute.”

I scowl at her back. “He was flirting with you.”

“So? Boys aren’t allowed to flirt with me?”

No. “That’s not what I meant.” I sighed, and pulled her closer. I leveled my mouth over her ear, sliding my hand down against her stomach. Her belly button ring dangled against the tip of my fingertips. “He only wants one thing from you.”

She rams an elbow into my ribs. “Is that all I’m good for? Getting some?” She shoves my arms away from her harshly, turning around to face me. A big scowl was against her mouth and her eyes were narrowed into slits.

I gripped her arms, but she only shook me off. “Come on, you know that’s not what I meant.”

She walks backwards, shaking her head. “Actually I don’t know that.”

I rush forward, circling my arms around her once again quickly.

She shrieks. “Elijah!” Her voice was loud, earning us a few glances. We both stumbled backwards and into the sand.

She lets out a big huff.

I smirked. “Déjà vu?” I teased.

She blushed, looking away from me. “Get off me, Elijah.”

“Only if you forgive me.”

“No.”

“Forgive me.” I purr, burying my head into the crook of her neck. “Blondie, please.” I spoke, breathing against her collarbone. I heard her sigh softly, and felt her body arch slightly under mine. Oh, so she liked this.

“No.” Her voice wavered.

“Please.” I breathed even softer, brushing my nose down her neck.

She sighed again. “Elijah.” She crooned. “Stop.”

“Only if you forgive me.” I repeat.

She seemed to think about it for a moment. When I lifted my head, she wore a devilish smirk. This couldn’t be good. “I’ll forgive you, but only if you let me drive home.”

I sighed deeply. “You’re really pushing it, Blondie.”

Not the best chapter, but here it is. Comment, vote, and fan! Xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8M 125K 65
[Billionaire / Fake Relationship] The last thing Livy expects is to fall for Logan, the hot but damaged billionaire who wants to help her pay for her...
408K 4.6K 32
Bell and her parents go on a holiday to a small town in California for the summer. The town only has a couple hundred people and she runs into Matt h...
43K 477 31
Jamie Miller is an average trouble maker at school, a liar, and she's the kind of girl that gets the guys but she don't want them. Not snobby, just h...
175 54 14
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...