This Is My One And Only Life

By summerglitters

I nearly died three years ago. I nearly didn't get to meet my destiny. I was nearly fourteen. I was only four... More

Prologue
First Encounter
Daddy's little girl.
Dan's party.
7th birthday.
Gale the gay one.
Holes that release memories.
The three musketeers
Nearly 14
Reality hits you hard.

Broken Promise

658 22 21
By summerglitters

Copyright All Rights Reserved to summerglitters

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't uploaded since like stone age! School just started and I just didn't have much time to go on wattpad! :) I also realised that I went like super duper down on the lists. Haha. Also I put a video by the side for the song that comes out on this chapter. :) I love the song, so check it outtt <333 I've also fully edited this chapter, so hopefully there is like no mistakes. :)

Anyways, I'll be uploading weekly if anyone wanted to know. Yeah. Sorry about that. As usual, please vote, comment and fan me! :)))))) 

Thanks so much to everyone who supported this book from the beginning! <3 <3 <3

Enjoy! xx

summerglitters

*****************************************************

Broken Promise

White lips, pale face

Breathing snow flakes

Burnt wings, sour taste

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men.

My phone woke me up as I slowly gained focus.

Yuck. Today was a freakin school day.

And they say

She's in the class A Team

Stuck in her day-

The alarm abrubtly stopped as I turned it off.

I lay in my bed for several minutes as I debated on whether or not I should pretend to be sick and not go to school.

Yep, I still felt a little awkward about the Samuel thing and didn't really want to confront him at the moment.

Chelsea's comments from the night before kept coming back to me as I went downstairs to get breakfast.

"Oh em gee! I am actually like so curious about this Sammy boy! I can't believe that you can't get over the kiss! Like, are you Nicole Cass? Or, are you just a secret twin that we never knew about that abducted the real Nicole Cass? Or..." She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and looked at Liv.

"Are you in love?" Liv and Chelsea both smiled cheekily as they both proposed the idea at the same time.

I shook my head in frustration.

Me?

In love?

Never.

I grabbed the cereal in irritation, accidentally spilling some contents on my way.

Okay. Let's just pretend it was nothing. I mean, I don't even need to pretend. BECAUSE it's the freakin truth!

I stomped my way towards the fridge to get my light milk.

But there was none.

All I could see was two full cream milk bottles in front of me.

Oh My Goodness.

Like, can today even start off any worse?

By the way, I can't have full cream milk. 

I literally can't. And I'm not on some stupid diet because I think I am fat. No. 

I am slightly lactose intolerent so I can't have full cream milk. They give me abdominal pain.

I growled in annoyance and went upstairs to start my school morning without breakfast. I looked at the clock. It was 8:25.

SUGAR HONEY ICE TEA!

I darted across my room to my shower and blow dried my hair in thirty seconds. I think I just broke the world's record for getting ready for school in thirty seconds. I guess breaking world records runs in my family.

Like mother, like daughter.

I rapidly put on the nearest clothing I could find and chucked them on.

I achieved to wear my black skinny jeans, my Paris Hilton's red chiffon heels and my white printed tank top that read "Head over to love". I snatched my Louis Vuitton bag. Then, I examined myself briskly in the mirror. I managed to accomplish to put some make up on and bolted to my baby.

I peeped at the digital clock in my car and grimaced.

It was 8:38. 

Two minutes before school started.

I stomped on the accelerator to get my ass into North Cilia HIgh School as soon as possible.

I rushed into my first class.

Math with Mrs.Burn.

I shot into the classroom and panted.

Then, I registered that the entire class was gawking at me, dumbfounded.

"Miss Cass, that wasn't the brightest way to interrupt my lesson. You are late." Mrs. Burn shot daggers at me.

"And you are ugly. Can we stop stating the obvious?" I retorted it back at her effortlessly. The whole class 'oooooooooohed' and one guy yelled "MRS BURN JUST GOT BURRRNNNNEEED!"

Mrs. Burn didn't look surprised at all.

"And why are you always late, may I ask?"

"Sorry, I always get attacked by pokemons on my way here. And if I'm always late, why don't you start your lesson later? I guess, I'm not the stupid one here, am I?"

Mrs. Burn turned fiery red and yelled "MISS CASS! SEE ME AFTER THIS LESSON!"

"GREAT! Because I wanted to see YOU after to settle my matters about you wasting three minutes of my life!" I screamed back.

I stomped off to an empty seat, not waiting to hear Mrs. Burn's response. 

I sat and smirked.

"I enjoyed your performance once again. Who wrote the script for you?" A husky voice appeared beside me and I turned to face Heath Demikov.

School's badass.

His dark hair, almost black successfully impressed me. Like always.

He was wearing a white shirt that had two buttons undone, revealing his perfectly tanned golden skin. His muscles were ready to bulge out of his shirt and he was leaning back on his chair staring at me which his dark, sexy gaze.

"I'm glad you did. Who saw it for you?"

A confused look crossed his face so I added "You look confused."

"Yeah...I think I'm overthinking."

"Yeah...That's why I never do it in the first place."

He smiled and said "You are hot."

"You are not bad yourself." I gave him a flirtatious smile.

"Not bad would be an understatement. Don't you think?" His gaze was fixed on my face and I smirked.

"Nope. I thought it was an overstatement."

Hint of amusement was noticeable in his eyes.

"You are a one hell of a confusing chick."

"Why, thank you. I try." I smiled smugly.

"Miss Cass, would you like to tell me what the answer to this question is?" I looked up to see Mrs. Burn pointing her finger on a ridiculously retarted numbers and letters in a weird formation.

"I need you." I quickly whispered to Heath who now smirked right back at my helpless face.

"I get that a lot from you ladies."

I blushed in frustration and I sighed.

"I don't know Miss."

Mrs. Burn studied my face for a second before releasing the gaze followed by her own sigh.

I looked menacingly at Heath next to me who now sniggered at my reaction.

"Whatever."

"Now, it's not my fault that I'm overly distracting for you to concentrate on your work." He shrugged his shoulders as if he really believed that this was the case.

"It is quite distracting. Your ugliness is just simply empowering everything." I offered him my sarcastic smile which he instantly returned with his own.

He slumped back in his chair with his hands behind his head, exposing a flawless view of his immense chest.

"You like?" His deep, rich voice intervened my movie.

I blushed as I realised I've been caught.

I didn't say anything back. I mean, what else did I have to say?

The response to my silence came totally unexpected.

His pretty face was suddenly right in front of my own.

Just few centimetres away.

I could actually smell his minty breath as he breathed in and out in front of my face.

I kept his gaze steadily.

I could see his hands gripping the desk as he leaned in to close the gap.

I stopped breathing.

Then, the bell rang.

Everyone got up instantaneously and so did Heath. He grinned cheekily at me and said "See you at practice!" He was soon out of my view.

Whoa. What happened there?

Heath Demikov?

And shit. It's practice! I seized my bag and dashed to the changeroom and got changed.

I sprinted to the field where I saw my track team waiting for me.

"Hey Nicole!" Two sexy voices called my name at the same time.

One was a bit deeper that the other and one, a bit huskier.

I turned around to see who they were.

Heath and Sam both had their hands in midair in a wave. When they became conscious of what had happened, they glimpsed at eachother suspiciously but turned their heads to give me a brief smile. At the same time.

Wow. Creepy. Not to mention the awkward tension.

"Demikov and Miss Cass, do your normal. McKay, I'm Coach Ashcroft but you may call me coach. It's a pleasure to have you here. This is how my training usually runs. Demikov and Miss Cass runs 3km non stop while the rest of the class runs 2km. That usually takes about ten minutes. I don't know what your potential is so today will be like a trial for you McKay." Coach Ashcroft was a guy in his early thirties. He had light brown hair with hazel with hint of blue in his eyes. He had stubbles and usually kept his poker face. He was a harsh guy. I mean, he still had his soft side, but it's rare to see it.

I could see Heath giving Sam a triumphant smile towards Sam's direction.

"Coach Ashcroft, I don't mean to sound over confident, but I did this routine with my old track team and I can do 3km in ten. Can I join Heath and Nicole?"

Coach looked at his overall body shape and I guess what he saw pleased him because he responded, "You can try, but it's not easy."

Sam instantly gave Heath a game on face and the mental, unofficial scoring system started between Sam and Heath.

Heath scoffed and went over to the starting line.

I jogged up to the line and I was suddenly in between the two guys in war.

"Ready." Coach got his stopwatch out and stared at the three of us intently.

"Go."

As soon as the word left his mouth, I was in my own world.

I sprinted and felt the rushing of the wind against my face. As I was running, I definitely felt the intensity of the two guys running just behind me.

It looked like they were multi-tasking. And I thought guys weren't supposed to be good at them.

But they were super good. They were both sprinting and death glaring at each other so well.

I left them alone in the game and ran ahead.

"9:46" Nicole, well done. But I've seen you do better."

"Sorry coach." I jogged around and stretched to ease the uneasiness I felt. I peeped and saw what was happening on the track. Heath and Sam was literally side by side, sprinting their asses off.

"McKay's pretty good."

"Yep, he's keeping up with Heath pretty well." I responded to coach. He hardly says anyone's good but he likes to throw few comments around when he's with me to see what I think.

Coach got up and got his timer ready. The boys were sprinting hard towards us. Wow. They are pretty competitve and tight.

"Demikov, 11:37. McKay, 11:38." I could hear heavy pantings from both of them and they both had their arms on their heads to quickly retain to their regular breathing.

"Better luck next time McKay." Heath snickered at Sam and Sam scowled back.

The rest of the team came jogging through the finish line.

"Okay. Now, we'll do endurance and your entire core develpment test. Planks."

Most of the team groaned at this and the coach yelled at them.

I went on my plank position. I saw the two guys beside me do the same. I had Heath on my right and Sam on my left.

"Bring it, Demikov. Planks are my world." Sam challenged Heath and obviously Heath returned it with a badass comment.

"Sure McKay, but I breathe and sleep planks."

Most of the team dropped at two minutes. Some, three minutes.

When we hit the four minute mark, it was only Heath, Sam and me left.

And finally, Heath gave up at 4:13. Sam smiled his satisfactory smile and gave up at 4:20. I kept mine up until at five minute mark and coach said, "You can stop now, Nicole."

I grinned with satisfaction and got to my feet.

"That's it for today. See you all next week."

I could hear everyone exhaling huge sighs of relief and I couldn't help but let out a smile.

I jogged towards where my bag was and grabbed it and turned to see a cute little girl holding a water bottle towards me.

She had long, light brown hair in a low ponytail and her hair was unbelievably straight. She had bright blue eyes and her face was in a bright smile as I looked up. She was obviously a year seven and she was so adorable.

"Awww thanks Julia! You are the best!" I replied as I realised that I didn't have a waterbottle with me as I was in a rush today.

"Your welcome! You were so good out there! Oh, hey Chelsea and Liv!" Her cute, girly voice rang through the field and I turned round to see Chelsea and Liv running towards us.

Their faces were in a sad face as I turned.

"Awwww, we wanted to scare you!" They put on a sad voice.

"Oh, SORRY!" Julia immediately apologized, not knowing they were being sarcastic.

Liv and Chelsea both burst out laughing while Julia still looked confused and sorry.

I smiled at the sight. 

My eyes drifted off to the distance and in that moment, I wasn't aware of anything much.

Except two things.

One, I was undoubtedly attracted to two gorgeous guys.

McKay and Demikov as Coach Ashcroft calls them.

Two, they were the two guys who keeps making me break my promise that I made to myself that night.

********************************************

Yay! Another chapter done! :)

Hope you guys enjoyed it!

The training part was basically from my trainings, so they were easy to write. :) But one thing I really wanted to do was to introduce you guys to two new characters this chapter but this chapter was sooo long for me! Because as you might have realised, I don't like long chapters. I despise them. I hate long chapters. THEY FRUSTRATE ME SO MUCH. Anyways, you guys will see who the new characters are next chapter. Maybe.

Anyways, VOTE COMMENT AND FAN! :)))

summerglitters :))))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89 14 15
Nicole believed her life with Tim was perfect until he betrayed her. However, instead of dying, Nicole found herself awakening in an empty void, acco...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...
5.4K 258 14
I was 16 years old when I found out that it was possible. I was living in an apartment with my boyfriend at that time. He and I took our high school...
2.9K 71 46
Nicole Stout's life was not at all what she hoped for. She expected her teenage years to be picture perfect, but then reality hit her. Follow Nicole...