A Very Merry Johnlock Christm...

By ifitfitsitships

John and Sherlock's second Christmas. Sherlock randomly leaves one day and comes back with a surprise. Lots o... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 8

10.5K 493 569
By ifitfitsitships

A/N: This is the last chapter *tear* and I really want to continue this story so I will definitely write a sequel. I worked on this a little yesterday and thought "eh, I have time" and then I realized today was Christmas Eve and I needed to finish writing this. 

I have a Christmas party to go to later and I'm debating weather or not I should bust out the ugly sweaters. *Grace's tip for the holidays: Instead of eating three ridiculous meals, sleep through one and just eat two.* 

I hope everyone has a great Christmas (if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a great December 25th) and a happy New Year. 

John's P.O.V. 

Sherlock's out for a bit, so that gives me time to pick up everything around the flat. I still need to get the food together, remove all the body parts from the fridge, decorate a little more- oh god what is that on the rug?

Why, oh why, do I feel the need to host a holiday party? I always obsess over it even though its only three of our friends coming over. Speaking of which, I still haven't heard back from Stamford. We thought it was appropriate to invite him since he was the one who got us together in the first place. 

Sherlock rushes back into the flat with a bag. 

"What's that, love?"

"Presents..."

"Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

"Yes fine, John."

"Bring them here so I can wrap them."

"No. I want to do it."

"Fine. Just try not to make a mess because I still have a lot of tidying to do."

"No promises."

I went back to where I was in the kitchen. The ham is already sliced, but it needs to go in the oven. I really really really hope this dosen't burn while I'm busy doing everything else. Cheese and crackers need to be put on a tray. I need to make sure the glasses and small plates are clean. 

Why is the one time of year where you're supposed to get together with friends and family and have a good time always the most stressful? And to think we only have three friends to entertain! How do people manage huge parties?

After all of the food is under control, I go to check on Sherlock. He has two of the three presents shoddily wrapped and there are names scribbled on them in his unruly handwriting. 

"Don't you dare laugh. You know I'm rubbish at this."

"I'm not laughing. I think it's great that you decided to get presents for everyone else."

"I thought I ought to get Molly a present as an apology for last Christmas and then I felt like it would be awkward if I didn't get ones for Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson too... You've  turned me into a sentimental fool, John."

"Sentiment isn't all bad. If you were completely unfeeling, I wouldn't do this..."

I lean and kiss Sherlock gently. He's so cute when he tries to do things he's bad at (which is rarely so I have to appreciate it every time he does). When I break the kiss, Sherlock pouts and goes back to wrapping. 

"Sorry, love. I still have a lot to do before the party."

I hear and exaggerated "humph" from Sherlock as I turn to start cleaning. 

Sherlock's P.O.V.

That gift doesn't look too bad. It's far better than the first one I tried to wrap. The first one is only for Mrs. Hudson and she'll think it's wonderful either way. 

I still have no idea what made me decide to get presents. Does this just happen to people? Do they feel the need to just buy people things? I'm beginning to become... likeable. Well, only to some. I'll have to go out of my way to be extra rude to Anderson and Donovan to make up for it. 

I can tell that John's pleased that I bought gifts. He probably thinks I'm softening. It makes him happy seeing me not being my normal, cynical self. 

Maybe I am softening a bit. I find myself going out of the way to make him happy, which I wouldn't have done before. Love is confusing and wonderful. 

John's P.O.V.

-later-

The flat looks nice. The food is ready. People will start getting here any minute.

Mrs. Hudson is the first to show up (it makes sense, being that she lives just downstairs). Next to arrive is Molly. She's dressed in a jumper and a nice skirt instead of a dress like last year. Lestrade comes last, but not too late. Stamford never came- he probably had other plans with family.

Sherlock is being quiet, but unusually polite. Greg has had a few drinks. Molly and Mrs. Hudson are chatting about something I can't hear. 

"So Greg, visiting the kids this Christmas?"

"Yeah, uh, I get them tomorrow night and through the weekend."

"That's nice."

I'm really horrible with small talk. I walk over to Sherlock and ask him if he wants to start handing out gifts. 

"Ehem. Right. I have something I want to give you all this year. 

Sherlock walked over to the mantle where the presents were sitting. He handed Molly her's first and then gave Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson theirs. He went back to where he was sitting and watched them with eager eyes.

"Oh Sherlock, this is great, " said Molly as she unwrapped a pair of earrings. 

"I wanted to apologize for last year... Molly Hooper, I am sincerely sorry and I hope you will forgive me."

Mrs. Husdon opened her gift.

"This is a beautiful tea cup, Sherlock dear."

"To make up for the one I broke a while back."

"It's wonderful!"

Greg turned his gift around in his hands a few times before ripping through the paper.

"Well this is a surpsise. It's a copy of the Hobbit."

"I honestly had no idea what to get you, so I bought you something I figured everyone ought to have."

"Not just the book, Sherlock, but the fact that you're giving Christmas gifts."

"I guess over the past few weeks something's changed in me. Speaking of which, John, do you think now is a good time to tell them?"

"As good a time as any I guess. Ahem, yes well..."

I clear my throat and I'm suddenly very nervous. I'm about to come out to my three closest friends that aren't Sherlock. This time a year ago I had a girlfriend. Things have changed quite a bit since then. I take another large drink of wine and finally get up the courage to say it. 

"Well, um, for almost a month now... Sherlock and I have been together. As in, together together."

No one says anything for a moment. Molly blushes and takes another sip of wine. Lestrade just makes his shocked face for a moment. Mrs. Hudson is the first to break the awkward silence. 

"That's lovely. I always knew you boys were perfect for each other. Who else would be able to put up with all that bickering?"

Lestrate looks at both of us for a second while trying to think of something to say. 

"Right. This won't change anything when working on cases, right? Because otherwise I'll have to stop letting you two work on the same ones."

"Oh, like you have Donovan and Anderson working on separate cases? It's obvious that they've been shagging for ages now; even you could have noticed it."

"Manners, Sherlock."

"John insists I refrain from making deductions and the usual comments. It's proven to be quite difficult."

After downing her glass of wine, Molly speaks up in her mousy voice. 

"We should be celebrating right now. To John and Sherlock."

"To John and Sherlock."

I notice Molly's glass is empty and offer her another one. That went smoothly, I think. Any awkwardness soon faded into congratulations and toasts and more wine. Eventually, Sherlock brings out his violin and Mrs. Hudson starts singing carols. Lestrade is quite drunk and goes on about how his ex wife always gets the kids Christmas morning and he never gets to give them presents from "Santa". Molly tries to hide that she's terribly embarassed at the fact that Sherlock is gay and she was in love with him for years. 

The party eventually dies down and all the guests head home. I pick up all the discarded plates and glasses and collapse on the sofa in the sitting room. Sherlock sits down and wraps his arms around me. 

"Merry Christmas, John."

"Merry Christmas to you too, Sherlock. You're a bit tipsy, aren't you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about. I only had two -no three- glasses. I'm perfectly fine."

"Let's get you to bed, alright?"

"I don't wanna move. Too tired."

"Come on."

I pick sherlock up and carry him into the bedroom. He passes out as soon as his head hits the pillow. I climb in after him and pull the blankets over both of us.

This really has been a great Chrismas. 

I had a lot of fun writing  this story. I'm sad that it's over, but I will be writing a sequel that will probably be up some time after New Year's. It will be much longer and have more of the daily life in 221b. 

I love all of you who read this story start to finish and I hope you will all read the sequel as well. I never expected this many people to read this story (I just checked and it's at 221! :D) and I'm really excited about it. 

This is usually the part where I'd say "see you next chapter" but there isnt a next chapter so see you all in the sequel. 

I hope all of you have a lovely Christmas. 

Grace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 32.5K 78
"π™Ύπš‘, πš•πš˜πš˜πš” 𝚊𝚝 πšπš‘πšŽπš–! πšƒπš πš˜ πš•πš’πšπšπš•πšŽ πš—πšžπš–πš‹πšŽπš› πšπš’πšŸπšŽπšœ! π™Έπš'𝚜 πš•πš’πš”πšŽ πšπš‘πšŽπš’'πš›πšŽ...πšπš˜πš™πš™πšŽπš•πšΓ€πš—πšπšŽπš›πšœ 𝚘𝚏 πšŽπšŠπšŒπš‘...
148K 6.8K 101
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...
4.7M 195K 101
Camilo Madrigal. His nerve. His self-obsessed smirk. You wanted nothing to do with him after what he did. But maybe there's something beneath that sm...
918K 37.2K 139
Y/N is a forensic scientist with a curious past that has caused her to develop photographic memory as well as damage to her connection to emotions. W...