Eruption || Emmett Cullen [2]

By Ashlinized

"Some women are lost in the fire. Some women are built from it." -Michelle K. (Breaking Dawn) (Violet Odess... More

S U M M A R Y + P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O G U E.
O N E.
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
PT. 2
S E V E N
E I G H T
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
EPILOGUE PART 1 || 1.5 YEAR LATER
25 YEARS LATER
GUESS WHO IS BACK?

T W E L V E

11.7K 439 235
By Ashlinized

"So who else is gonna be here?" Garrett questioned, leaning his head in between the space of the front seats. His blonde hair swayed over his face before he was blowing it away and his ruby eyes stared between the couple.

Vi shrugged her shoulders, seeing the familiar trees of the Cullen's home approaching. "I don't know, me for starters."

"Most of Carlisle's friends, you would know them if you two actually ever liked to socialize." Emmett retorted, turning his head.

"Blame the man beside me, he's a grouch." The blonde responded.

"I like my privacy is the difference." Stone muttered, playful shoving his friend back. Garrett smiled at him, shoving him back and moving towards the window. "Besides I think I can name a few. Are the Denali women going to show or have they chosen to sit this one out too?"

"Bella said they'd be there." Vi answered him, "we can only hope they weren't lying."

"Anyone else? Rosalie perhaps?" Garrett questioned, his smirk raised Violet's eyebrow as she turned back to see Emmett gritting his teeth and tightening his hold on the wheel.

"Who's Rosalie?"

Emmett turned his head, noticing the considerable crease between Violets brows and her curious eyes. He didn't keep things from Violet, secrets weren't exactly his forte but if he was being honest Rosalie skipped his mind. The blonde was notorious for sticking to herself, she preferred solidarity and was a usual at Isla Esme as she enjoyed the sun so he'd thought she wouldn't appear but it all seemed to be a possibility now.

Emmett sucked in a huge breath, feeling his throat tighten as the drive grew slower and time ticked by faster while Violets face grew less patient.

Luckily they arrived before he had the ability to answer and Renessme was already bounding towards the car doors.

"Auntie Vi!" She yelled and Vi forced a smile upon her lips as she got out of the car and forcibly slammed the door shut. There was murmuring voices and footsteps everywhere her ears turned and already she could tell the Cullen house was filled to the brim.

"Renessme!" The elemental yelped and picked up the young child, she proceeded to talk to the girl and listen adamantly as she told her of all the adventures she'd been on in the short time they'd been separated.

Emmett got out of the car, eyeing Garrett quietly who seemed to have noticed the trouble he'd caused. "Sorry, I thought you would have told her."

Emmett sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. His eyes trained on the tan skinned brunette who cheerfully listened to the young child. Although she nodded happily and pushed forward into the house her eyes turned back for a second and met his own.

Judging by the low whistle belted out by Stone and Garrett's step back everyone knew that this was just a conversation waiting to happen.

|•|•|•|•|

Violet had kept her distance from Emmett since they'd arrived home, choosing instead to follow Bella and Renessme around while they introduced her to the newcomers. She kept herself busy by remembering names and also stories of them. The Denali women seemed to be the most apprehensive but it took one sassy remark from the hybrid to convince them she meant no harm. Jacob had joined them not long after and now they awaited the return of more vampies who'd gone off hunting. Rosalie claimed to be among them and Vi was literally bouncing with energy to get a glimpse of the infamous blonde from her mates past.

"Is she pretty?" Vi questioned, sitting on the porch steps with Jacob while Bella leaned against the railing. Renessme was playing in the field with her father.

Jacob snorted, turning her way. "She's kind of bitchy."

"That's not what I asked."

"Do you really want the answer though?" Bella butt in.

"I—uhh... I'm not sure." Her voice dropped in annoyance, a pout creeping up on her lips.

"Rosalie was apart of the Cullen's coven before, a long time ago. She's the one that saved Emmett and had Carlisle turn him. We all thought they were mates until she left... last I heard she was off on deserted islands enjoying solitude and sun." Kate Denali sped up until she was sitting next to the hybrid on the steps. Her posture was relaxed, voice careless as her honey eyes met the brunettes. "I doubt you have much to worry about though."

"How can you possibly say that?" Vi grudgingly spoke up.

"Because he's your mate and your his. There's no changing that, not even for someone as stunning as Rosalie." Garrett appeared, leaning against the role and eyeing Kate who rolled her eyes playfully. Vi would have paid more attention to that had she not heard the footsteps.

Carlisle and Esme were among them, apparently a new set of vampires had accompanied some old friends and they were intrigued with the vegetarian life style. The patriarch and matriarch had taken them hunting to see if they'd like to change along with Rosalie.

As the footsteps approached Vi found herself standing to her feet, Jacob letting out a low whistle of warning as he stepped near her and Bella eyed the girl warningly.

"What?" Vi eyed the wolf beside her.

"I know that look, last time you gave that you fought Melanie Costa and then lifted her into a trash can freshmen year." He replied with a dry look.

"I just want to talk."

"—and you said that too."

Vi growled, like actually wolf growled as she plopped back down and the group surrounding her snickered. Jacob lifted a brow her way curiously, "haven't heard that one before."

"My powers work in mysterious ways." She mumbled, pulling her elbow up to set on her knee as she draped her chin over it.

She watched as they appeared right out of the forest, first Carlisle and Esme and then followed by a group. It wasn't hard at all to tell who Rosalie was, she was of course the striking blonde strutting towards them.

Violets eyes flickered from the blonde to her mate who was off talking to Stone near the woods. Emmett's eyes went from Violet to Rosalie in one quick flick, fast enough to where the hybrid didn't even notice. Vi was on the edge of her seat in anticipation, awaiting whatever would occur next. She didn't know exactly what might happen or if all this built up emotions inside her were worth the time but she couldn't help it.

She stopped breathing when the so called Rosalie turned and marched towards Emmett.

Vi awaited, feeling her breath hitch as he blonde didn't even glance her way but gave Emmett a dazzling smile and threw her arms around him.

"Rosalie... hi. We have to talk about us." Emmett spoke, words slightly muffled by the blondes hug and curled hair. He was worried about Violet, he knew not telling her was bad and this hug made it worse.

Vi felt herself fume, rage slowly consuming her as everything else blacked out but the image of them hugging. It was a hug, just a hug but still you don't just hug someone you had a relationship with... no matter how harmless.

"Vi!" Renessme snapped her out of her stare Vi turning to find the little girl pushing her towards the rest of the group of vampires. She forced herself to take notice of them, although a smile was harder to create. There was two couples, with skin as tan as hers she knew they had to have been the Egyptian coven.

Vi stopped within feet of them, Renessme looking up towards her aunt in wonder until finally Carlisle introduced them. "Amun I have yet to introduce you to my daughter in law, Violet. Violet this is Amun, Kebbi, Tía, and Benjamin. Benjamin can control the elements like you, I trust you can both learn from one another."

Violet didn't think yet another thing would blunder her speechless today but here she was coming face to face with what could possibly be a reign of new terror.

Amun stepped forward, the rest of his group baffled as no one blinked. "You're the other one? Your'e her?"

As large of the group of baffled vampires was before it only increased as he spoke those words, almost amazed by her very presence. Amun turned towards the young man behind him, "Benjamin, I told you she was real! I told you they weren't myths, this is her!"

Vi swallowed thickly, flinching back when the man took a step forward and bumping right into Jacob. She brought Renessme with her and Jacob pushed the young child towards her mother. He stuck his arms out, holding onto her as he whispered. "Vi, what's going on?"

"You've heard the legend too haven't you?" Amun instead cut in, stepping towards her and picking up her hand. The uncontrollable fire that occurred whenever she was reeling with emotions was there, dancing across her small palm. He turned towards Benjamin and yanked the man forward, "do it son."

Benjamin hadn't said a word, simply staring directly into Violets eyes who hadn't moved her eyes from him. He didn't think she existed, in a world full of the supernatural his own prophecy was the one he refused to believe but here was the truth, the painful truth. Benjamin did as asked, swallowing thickly and allowing the cold mist to fill his fingertips. Amun pressed their hands together before Violet could snap out of it and when their hands touched a spark erupted.

It wasn't a spark though, more like a a star being born and the energy that bounced off their conjoined hands was enough to buzz them with power, they jumped back as quick as ever. Vi and Benjamin held their hands protectively, silence not only overcoming them but the surrounding vampires who'd come to join them.

Amun however didn't seem phased by what was occurring as he clapped and nodded. "I knew it, it was real. Benjamin, this is her. This is both your destinies."

"What are you talking about!" Emmett pushed forward until he was right in the middle, Stone right behind him. He looked threatening, glaring at Benjamin.

"You never told him did you?" Stone looked towards Violet who had yet to move. Still she noticed Emmett snap his eyes her way with slight offensiveness.

"Tell me what— what the hell is going on!"

Carlisle stepped forward, putting a hand on his son's shoulder as he seconds grew tense. "Amun, my son means to ask what legend?"

"You don't know—"

Amun began to explain in a rather large voice when Benjamin finally seemed to grasp reality and cleared his throat. "What Amun is trying to explain is his belief in this prophecy the Egyptians had long ago. There would only ever be two elementals, man and women. Violet and I. It means nothing though."

"How could you say that! Benjamin! This is the proof we've been waiting for!" Amun exclaimed, his hands toward Violet who had yet to respond. She was truly a statue as she reeled with the information and the bolt of power that she encompassed both of them the moment they'd touched hands.

"Amun!" Benjamin cut him off. "It was ridiculous! There's no truth to the myth!"

"What truth!" Emmett finally fed up yelled.

Benjamin took a second to analyze the situation as he quickly realized that not only was Emmett clearly Violet's mate but that she knew this whole time about it and was equally shocked like him. There was no sense in denying the truth though and considering he had Tia, his mate, there was no further truth to the prophecy. Benjamin felt slightly horrible for his next words as he swallowed. "The prophecy of the elementals states that the only pair in the world would come together... they would have a child so powerful it would control the world. Our child would be supreme to any other force in the world."

Emmett was completely astounded to know the truth as he repeated, "our child?" He turned towards Violet who was unnaturally quiet and still. "You know about this?"

Emmett looked intimidating the longer her stared her way, almost growing in mass and filling the vampires with slight worry as the small girl stayed still.

The feeling of Emmett's intense glare on her was enough. She'd been lost, repeating every single thing Stone had told her all those weeks ago, remembering how he'd asked her to tell Emmett, to tell them all before it was too late.

Violet snapped back to the real world with a flicker of her eyes and suddenly she was dominating one. With her tight posture and narrowed eyes the worry was gone, Emmett might have been massive but Violet was always one to hold her own.

Her lips tightened and she shook off Jacobs hold, eyes zeroing in on Emmett and solely him. He saw the cold exterior, the one that'd been dormant for so long encompass her.

"I have to go."

She turned away, stomping her feet towards the forest as fast as possible and leaving everyone else awestruck. She had completely ignored the situation and nobody but Emmett knew what to do. He followed right after her, "what do you think you're doing! You're not leaving like this!"

"Yes I think I am. I'm staying at Sam's!"

"No! No, you don't get to do this Violet! We are talking about this! Why wouldn't you tell me about this?" He sped up so now he blocked her path.

Vi stopped in her tracks, standing on the tip of her toes. "Like you told me about Rosalie? Is that what you mean?"

"Vi—"

"Save it, I'm not in the mood." She cut him off. After a second she took a deep breaths and calmed down. "Look, I'm gonna stay at Sam's tonight, I need time to think. I'll come back before the fight but for now I need space."

|•|•|•|•|

This took forever partly because I'm not ready to say goodbye to Violet but D R A M A!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 9.1K 61
He was her sanity amidst the hurricane (Eclipse-Breaking Dawn Part 2)
48.4K 1.3K 13
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is the original version of Emily Swan's story. The Rewritten version is Our Forever containing Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Brea...
511K 13K 23
in which their mate was already in love with someone other than them • " i have a boyfriend. " " oh. " • [ AFTER BREAKING DAWN PART TWO ] ...
83.7K 2.8K 44
(Alice / Female OC fan fiction) Pre-Twikight - Breaking Dawn part 2 Start date: August 26, 2020 End date: August 31, 2020