The Crafting Dead Short stor...

By Evilvixen05

A mere collection of novelizations of random moments from the RP series The Crafting Dead by SGCBarbierian ... More

S5 - E10: Losing a Friend
Bonus Scene: Barney's Death
S3-E4: End of Days (Nightmare)
Sneak Peek: 3 Days Later
S9 -E1: 3 Days Later
S11-E1: Similar Interests
S6-E10: A True Hero
S11-E6: Striking Back
S10-E10: Red Wedding
S5-E5: Saying Goodbye
Sneak Peek: Intermission - Character Dossier
Intermission: Character Dossier - Secondary Group
Intermisson: Song Explanations
A/N: Happy Thanksgiving!
A/N: Happy New Years!
A/N: Bad News

Intermission: Character Dossier - Original Group

325 8 21
By Evilvixen05

A/N: Hey there my fellow readers, Vix here with something a little different.

Since I'm a bit stuck on what moment to write from the series, I figured I'd actually a dossier or a profile on the characters we've seen in the Crafting Dead and by that I mean the characters that had some kind of impact on our favorite group of survivors. So minor characters that come and go in like one episode will not be added.

And to make this perfectly clear, this is a collection of details that I see in the characters. So this is a mix of series' facts and original head-canons. Don't worry if I tend to sound like a wiki page, it usually happens when I don't know what to think and just recap what happened to that character.

The reason I'm doing this is because I want my readers to know how I see the characters and why they think or act the way I write them in these novelization pieces. That and a perfect way to keep track of what I think when writing them so its not a huge jumbled mess to me. Though, I'm pretty sure is going to be a jumbled mess to read. XD But I'll fix it as I remember more of how I see them or learn how to better word my shit.

So I hope you enjoy this.

I can try to do requests as long as they're within the series, though I can try to do an original bit like I did with Barney's Death but that'll be tricky to do. Still, I'll try my best, if I can't do that then I apologize in advance and hope you can settle with an actual moment from the series itself.

Overall Theme for ALL characters in SGCBarbierian's The Crafting Dead: Centuries by Fall Out boy

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Nick

Theme: It's My Life by Bon Jovi / Enemies by Shinedown

Status: Active

Role: Leader

This bright-eyed wonder is the leader of a group of survivors struggling to well... survive the zombie apocalypse that's over taken the world. Hailing from the island of Seaport, this Avatar is a realist. While he is kind and open to help others, he does recognize obvious risks when he does what he does. He can be brave and will jump into the fray of things to protect allies and friends of his group. But as much as he is brave, Nick also has a good head on his shoulders, often thinking things through to find the best option that would benefit his group's survival. And loyal to fault, he can and will do anything to ensure his friends have the best chance to come out on top.

But just as much good he has... Nick has his flaws as well. He can be manipulated easily without realizing it and despite his best efforts... tends to make things work in his enemies' favor. And his loyalty can be a hindrance as his enemies can and will use his group as a bargaining chip to force his hand to do as they wish. He can panic when things go south real fast or realize he made things worse. But his biggest flaw is his tendency to shoulder a lot of burden on his own and being his own worst critic when questioning his leadership skills.

Nick started off light-hearted and kind, often looking to the bright side of things to keep hope burning for himself and his friends. But over the course of the series, he grows darker and darker still. He is still kind but now with a large dose of suspicion and tension. Becoming aggressive and hostile much more quickly than normal and will not hesitate to threaten if necessary if things don't go as planned.

Nick is also consumed with taste of revenge after so much loss and manipulation done to him. After his group had been demolished and scattered, Nick is very (and overly) protective of the remaining members, especially towards Shelby. He's already killed Red without hesitation and will not stop until Ross, the scientist that started the hell they all are left to live in now, is dead.

Quirk: Has a strange love for marshmallows and has a tendency to fall asleep during his turns on watch

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Ghetto

Theme: Rollout (My Business) by Ludacris / Lullaby by Nickleback

Status: Active/Unknown

Role: Peach-hoarder

Ghetto is first survivor Nick finds in Seaport Island and has since became his best friend. The two worked well together as they scavenged to survive what was left of their island home. Ghetto is brash and sassy, often bragging about how he's good or thinks he's sexy when it comes to dealing with the ladies. Coming off as arrogant to many who first meet him, he's actually good natured and caring. It's just a bit difficult to see when he runs his mouth.

But there's a reason for his bragging. He does it to keep the mood upbeat and fun, trying his best to get everyone around to smile and have a good morale. As well as quite the flirt. He's just as protective of his friends like Nick is, but after meeting a young tiger named, Jordan... he became protective of him, seeing him as a kid brother.

As good as he is, there was a brief time in which Ghetto was consumed by rage and revenge, even attacking his own friends to pursue his goal after the death of Jordan. Despite the horror his friends had seen when he pushed another survivor, Luis, who was in league with Red, to his death, Ghetto continued his path of revenge; nearly dying after injuring Red in Heyworth in the process.

But his brash and joking attitude was diminished after becoming infected with the virus from a Walker bite. Since then he shifted to a more careful and fearful shell of himself. In a way he matured, finally seeing that revenge wasn't worth his life nor the lives of his friends. But in the other hand, became more depressed at the idea of being literally at death's door without daily doses of Formula X to keep his infection in check to continue to live.

Though after being tricked then snapping out of Red's hold... Ghetto went into a deeper depression at the idea of nearly murdering Nick on urge from Red. But after being told that Nick held no grudge against him, he has recovered some of his attitude; but still subdued than how he once was.

Since the fall of the CDC his whereabouts are unknown but with him are Shark and Saber, along with the only hope of the world... Dr.Jin and Prof. Xavier's 'cure' against Ross' walker virus.

Quirk: If 'peach-hoarder' wasn't enough for you... this avatar has a large love for peaches and often hoards them to himself. He will share them but not without some sass for the trouble. Any peach shared without his usual attitude is extremely rare and marks him having utmost respect for that person.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Jordan

Theme: I'm Still Here (Jim's Theme) by Johnny Rzeznik

Status: Deceased

Role: adopted kid brother to Ghetto and AK

Jordan was the youngest member of the survival group and the third survivor found by Nick and Ghetto (though fourth introduced into the series). At only the age of twelve, Jordan has proven to be a rather hardy tiger, surviving the outbreak on Seaport on his own and living off of rotten food, much to Nick and Ghetto's surprise. His entire past is shrouded in mystery as he refused to talk about it but its guessed that he was the only surviving member of his family when the outbreak occurred.

Aside from being rather quiet, Jordan is also very co-operative and easy to work with, pulling his own weight by helping Nick and Ghetto with supply runs and fending off Walkers to protect them if needed. Also he's very observant about locations and possible supplies in them in Seaport, having pointed out a store with farming supplies that could be used for their tiny farm.

So its likely he knows almost all roads in and around Seaport Island, making him valuable to cut time when scavenging. Thus pointing out that if his family wasn't killed in the outbreak then its likely he was an orphan before then.

Later on, he's captured twice. Once from AK, though it seems to not really be a kidnapping. AK having said that he knew of the little tiger far before the outbreak. Though this doesn't give a clue if Jordan had a family before or had met AK while living in the streets. The second time was by the ruthless cannibal Red. There's no evidence, but its been deduced that while in Red's clutches, Jordan underwent some torture for reasons unknown as Red knows of AK's location. He was then rescued by the teamwork of Nick, Ghetto, Shark and AK and spent several days sleeping to recover from his time in captivity.

Sadly, Jordan was killed in an explosion by a bomb planted in his room while still unconscious by one of Red's men as the cannibal himself taunted the group at their own base.

Quirk: He saw the three older avatars as older brothers

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ Shark

Theme: Glad You Came by The Wanted

Status: Active/Unknown

Role: Voice of reason

The Fourth survivor to join the group (fifth to appear), Shark is a native resident of the city of Greenfield on the mainland. He was actually rather timid when he first met Nick and Ghetto... pointing guns at each other didn't help with that. But once introductions were done and he was assured he was safe with them, Shark came out to be very calm and trusting. Thankful and upbeat with finding new allies, Shark is a co-operative person and easy going, the total opposite of Ghetto when it comes to keeping morale high. Whereas Ghetto was loud, Shark is much more quiet but enjoys keeping conversations going and often likes to hear others out.

Because of his more quiet and laid back, he turns out to be the voice of caution, often worried about things that helps pull the team back from doing overly dangerous things. His favorite thing to do is to fondly remember things about his deceased girlfriend. And seems to be quite the flirt himself, given his response at the mention of Jess from Nick and Ghetto. Even showcases bravery in throwing himself to stand protectively in front of Nick, shielding him from Ghetto's misguided rage after the former was shot earlier.

Though his flaws of being a worrywart shows through and his trusting nature will lead him to trust the wrong people if he's helped by them. But recently has become more distrustful when it comes to new survivors appearing to the group. Given everything they went through at the time this distrust began to happen, no one in the group blames him for it.

Since the fall of the CDC, his whereabouts are unknown but is with Ghetto and Saber, protecting the 'cure' created by Dr. Jin and Prof. Xavier.

Quirk: Speaks fondly of his girlfriend when he gets the chance and is quite the chef

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~ AK

Theme: Indestructible by Disturbed

Status: Unknown/Deceased(?)

Role: Pilot/Defense Adviser

AK was the fifth survivor to join (second to appear in the series) the group. At first he comes off as hostile and aggressive when he first appeared; having kidnapped Ghetto didn't help his case at the time. Nor when he 'kidnapped' Jordan from Nick and Ghetto. But turns out to be extremely reliable as he had experience in the military, swift in judgment and knowledge in weapons. And like the others loyal and protective to friends and allies and would seek out supplies to help them at the drop of a hat when needed. And he shows an iron will and a determination when it comes the safety of his friends, having run off and raided very hospital and clinic he could find in effort to help Ghetto when he was bitten.

Despite having guns pointed at him when he's discovered by Nick and Ghetto in Greenfield; AK surprisingly showed a soft side when he spoke of Jordan; and expressed worry when he mentioned the little tiger had been kidnapped from him by Red. And he co-operated well with the other three in their effort to rescue Jordan.

But like the others, he has his flaws. He's rather aloof and cool when meeting others, for good reason but still. And shifts easily to a more 'professional' stance when it comes to viewing things that are shocking and tends to leave others to deal with their emotional battles. It stems from his career as a military special ops, having seen such horrors of so much death rather daily that he's more or less numb to it. And good at forcing people's hands to do as he wishes, having done so to Nick and Ghetto before in Seaport.

Despite his flaws, he still a good man at heart, offering advise to Nick on strategies and building defenses in their bases as they move from place to place. Also specializes in sniping and using automatic weapons and never far from his prized weapon... a gilded AK47. And surprisingly is a very good pilot for a certain helicopters.

Even so... as trusting as he is and trusts his fellow survivors and friends... there is a dark secret he keeps from them. Before he met any of them (aside Jordan) during the outbreak, he had murdered two comrades that had been with him in Seaport. Not out of cold blood but out of desperation and starvation for food. And while it was a good reason, he fears that the group would have a different opinion of him and view him no differently than Red, since he... had eaten his dead comrades. Again, it was out of desperation but he still fears what they would think of him, so has never mentioned it to them at all. And perhaps out of guilt that he had planned to do the same with Ghetto when he had kidnapped him but he was rescued by Nick before that happened. And having been with them for so long, felt guilty in thinking of him as food at the time.

Since the fall of CDC... his status and whereabouts are unknown. But Prof. Xavier said that he had fallen in battle in the assault by the Strangers while defending the CDC. There's no evidence only word from the professor but its seems very likely that AK... along with a majority of the CDC... did not survive the attack.

Quirk: Unknown

(And that's it for the original group! I'm currently working on the Secondary group, which is Jess and the like. And eventually get to the three villains.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 2.6K 40
IN WHICH two different people who had no idea of the existence of each other meets through a stream of a friend and creates an instant connection wit...
4.9K 181 38
The title says it all! (Over)
110K 5.6K 12
!!!READ TEXT BACK FIRST!!! WARNING: Some chapters may contain triggering/disturbing material, and depersonalization. Reader discretion is advised. Ge...
810 55 11
If you have not read the first two books I recommend reading them first :) Our small group of characters find themselves kidnapped by squids, thousan...