The Grooms Baby- Book 1 [Comp...

By 23amelia

**Book 1 of The Grooms Standalone Series** **Every chapter is edited** When Tasha meets a sexy fireman at a b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
~Chapter 11~
~ Chapter 12 ~
~Chapter 13~
~Chatper 14~
~Chapter 15~
~ Chapter 16~
~Chapter 17~
~Chapter 18~
~Chapter 19~
~Chapter 20~
~Chapter 21~
~Chapter 22~
~Chapter 23~
~Chapter 24~
~Chapter 25~
~Chapter 26~
~Chapter 27~
~Chapter 28~
~Chaptet 29~
~Chapter 30~
~Chapter 32~
~Chapter 33~
~Chapter 34~
~Chapter 35~
~Chapter 36~
~Chapter 37~
~Chapter 38~
~Chapter 39~
~Chapter 40~
Epliogue
The Grooms Little Girls - Book 2

~Chapter 31~

11.7K 360 16
By 23amelia

*Edited*

>Enjoy!😊
________________________

C.J

"What are you doing here?" Now I'm in a mood.

"I just wanted to know how you're feeling? No hard feelings." Standing at the end of my bed.

"I'm alive as you can see, now go." I pointed to the door, but she wouldn't move.

"I know that I'm appearing to want you, but I did until I saw her. Your girl. I-"

"Saying that you're sorry now." I had to cut her off. I just want to rest.

"Yeah, I was going to say that at the end of my speech. But I'm truly sorry and it's not professional. I thought you were single. I'm sorry." Ellie said.

"Well, you know that I'm not. You may go now." I just wanted her to leave so I could relax.

Then she walks to my side.

"Let's start over. Friends." Holding her hand out.

Well, at least she was honest about what she said. Maybe I should give her a chance.

"Friends. I'm Corey Williamson." Shaking her hand.

"I'm Ellie Matthews." I let go of her hand.

"Well, I'll let you get some rest. I'll see you when you come back to work."

"Okay, we'll have a good night." She waved, and I waved back.

"Good night." She closed the door behind her.

Throughout the night, I texted Tasha. I miss her and sleeping beside her. I can't wait to go home and be in my bed. Well, hopefully, tomorrow I get discharge.

I didn't have a good sleep. These hospital beds suck. And there are not comfortable at all. Even the pillows, too.

I let my heavy eyes drop. Slept for a couple for half the night. I heard footsteps coming into the room. Then, the smell of coffee made my eyes open.

"Good morning my love." Passing me my coffee.

"Morning Tasha. How did you sleep?" She looked tired. Maybe the baby kept kicking all night.

"Good, just an aching back and this right woke me up." She was pointing at her bump. It getting bigger each day. I can't wait to hold my baby in my arms. Rubbing her nice hard bump.

"I can't wait to go home."

"I know. I had a hard time sleeping without last night." Giving me a gentle hug. Kissing my lips.

We talk and watch tv on a tiny screen. My parents won't be visiting until later on. Holding each other's hands.

Before noon. The doctor came in. Check my chest. He said it was good. Ask me about my chest pain. I told him I have brief chest pain. They took me off the oxygen to see how well I breathe without it. So far, I'm doing good.

Tasha left to go meet Boonie for lunch. She needs time away from the hospital. Not to be stressing.

After eating hospital food, I almost lost my appetite. I can't wait for some homemade food.

My chief came walked into the room with a coffee in one hand and the other with a brown bag.

"Good afternoon, Corey. My wife made you homemade meatloaf." He passed me the bag and the coffee.

"Tell her I said thanks." He was sitting next to me.

"I will. So, are you going to take time off to heal?" Taking a sip of fresh coffee.

"Yes, at least for two weeks until my right arm heals. Tasha and I were talking about that yesterday." My right was a little sore this morning. Still, wrap up. But I can adjust it.

"That's good. Your arm should be healed by then but you will be sore for a while." He knows what he's talking about. He has first degrees burns on his leg. The story he told me. God was on his side that day. If he didn't escape, he'll be dead or badly injured.

We had a good hour talk until he had to go back to work. I did not want to eat in front of him, so I waited until he left. I inhaled the meatloaf like it was nothing. Wow, that was the best meatloaf I've ever had. Maybe better than my mom's meatloaf.

Waiting for Tasha to arrive. Well, the doctor going to come back and check my breathing again. I see Tasha walk through the door with a frozen lemonade in hand.

"How was lunch with Bonnie?" She was all happy walking in. I don't want to know what there were talking about.

"Awesome. It was what I needed. I hope you come home today." I know she's lonely and misses me.

"Well, I will find out soon once the doctor comes in. I can't be here any longer."

"My cast comes off in a few weeks. I can finally be free and start taking showers again." She's not liking the bath so much.

"Well, for a pregnant woman, your patience." If I was in her position. I would get irritated and want it off now. Like right now.

"Thanks." I grab her hand to kiss the top. She was blushing.

Before supper, the doctor came and gave me a go, to go home. He prescribes me antibiotics for ten just in case there's no infection in my lungs. And also, puffers to clear my lungs out. Taking over-the-counter pain medication. He said my lungs sound good and come back if my chest hurt to where I can't breathe.

We came home to the smell of homemade cooking. I miss my mom's cooking. It smells like pasta.

"Glad you're home, Corey. Rest your body." Giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Where's dad?" I didn't see him in the living room or the kitchen.

"Oh, he met up with an old friend while we were out today. So there catching up." Taking a casserole dish out of the oven. Pleasing it on the counter.

My dad has some childhood friends that he kept in touch with through all these years. He tells me stories about them. Their adventures going up.

"Now go rest I said." When my mom means you rest, you rest. No question to ask.

Walking into the living room and Tasha was all comfy, laying on the love seat. Flipping through the channels to see what's on.

I sat down with a pillow behind me and a warm blanket covering my legs. I don't think I could spend another night at the hospital. It's very uncomfortable being there by myself.

I see my bringing a plate of food. "What did you make?" I ask my mom.

"Your favourite spaghetti casserole." Settling it in my hands. Feeling the hot stream coming off of it.

"Do you want to make you a plate, Tasha?"

"No, it's fine. I'm not hungry right now." She sounded tired.

"Okay, that's fine. I'll make a plate for you for later now." I suggested her idea to Tasha.

"Okay, thanks for doing that."

"Your welcome Tasha." My mom went back into the kitchen. Probably making her and Tasha's plate.

After eating my favourite delicious spaghetti casserole. I'm full and satisfied. My mom's been helping a lot around here, since coming here.

Tasha fell asleep on the love seat. I miss waking up with her.

It was almost ten in the evening and she was still sleeping. I shook her shoulders a bit. She was groaning.

"Babe let's go to bed." Whispering to her.

"Okay." In her sleepy voice. I help her up slowly and began walking upstairs. I help her change out of clothes and into her pj's. Getting settled into bed. Turning off the lamp.

"Goodnight, Tasha. Love you." Holding her hand in mine.

"Good night C.J. Love you too." She whispered.

Tasha

Lots of things happening in the past two weeks. C.J's is now one hundred percent better. He's still on puffers though, but no issues. This is last weekend before going back to work on Monday. I had my left cast removed. Finally. I cheered for myself when the day happened.

C.J's brother and sister are here visiting before leaving on Sunday afternoon. His sister Jade and I have been bonding like crazy. She was like another sister to me, other than Rachel. The other two boys have been doing guy's stuff.

I'm twenty-six weeks pregnant. And I'm feeling huge. The baby kicks a lot with more force. I've been kicked in the ribs a few times. But I'm loving it. I can't even bend down that far. My bump is in the way. Everyone does things for me because I can't do most things myself anymore. Not that I'm complaining. It's nice, though.

Tonight, we are going to a karaoke bar in town down. I have only been there twice. It was a full house since I last went. Hearing all the talent sing. It's funny to watch a drunk person sing, it hilarious.

Rachel and the girls with their spouses were meeting us there. And the five of us will meet them there. My parents are coming as well. Rachel wants to hear C.J sing because I told her that time in the bathroom with him. When he sang a versus from Picture by Kid Rock and Sherryl Crow.

Trying to figure out what to wear tonight. A black dress or a nice tank top and short shorts. Standing in front of a mirror with only a bra and a thong. Rubbing my bump. Kicking my hand already.

"Stop kicking mommy in the ribs."

C.J came out of our master bathroom. A towel that wraps low below his hips. His hair was still wet. Water going down his chest slowly.

"Like what you see." Whispering in my ear. I didn't even know he was behind me. I was too busy looking at his body.

"You know I do." Giving me a peck on my neck. I grasp as he did that. Giving me chills now.

"I'm going to get dressed." Leaving behind me and going to his dresser.

I can't decide what to wear. Looking at the two laying on my bed.

"What's wrong Tasha?" He senses something wrong with me. Standing and staring at the two outfits on our bed.

"I don't know if I should wear the black dress or the tank top and shorts? I want to look nice tonight."

"No matter what you wear. You are still beautiful and sexy. Inside and outside. Bump or no bump. Feel what you feel comfortable in. Don't worry about how people are going to look at you. I love you, Tasha." Cupping my face and looking into my eyes as he said that. Smirking at him.

"Love you two C.J." Kissing me with passion. A few minutes later, I decided what I wanted to wear.

A colourful tank top, a black blazer, and jean short shorts. Curling my hair into waves. Putting light makeup but smoky eyeshadow. And mild berry lipstick. Looking at myself in the mirror.

Hot mama.

Grabbing my purse with my wallet and iPhone in it. Going downstairs to meet everyone. C.J looks very hot in what he was wearing. A dark-grey shirt and jeans. Jade was wearing a black dress with heels. C.J's mom Jane was wearing a nice outfit. And same as Darren, too, looking handsome.

We all got in C.J's truck. Once we arrive in the parking lot. C.J helps me down from my seat and closing the door behind me. Began walking towards the entrance. The front doorman opened the door to us.

It was half full. But it's going to be full because it's a Saturday night.

After searching for my friends and my parents. It took me a few seconds to spot the group. Pulling C.J behind me. You can see all the girl's eyes rapping him. But I don't give a shit because he's all mine. All mine.

We all said hi to each other and catching up. C.J and the guys went to grab us ladies' drinks, well except for me.

I see a girl trying to talk to C.J but he didn't pay attention to her. It was funny to see. Observing her from my view. Well, she's pretty.

Walking C.J walking this way. Passing me my non-alcoholic drink. Slushy strawberry in a Margarita glass.

"So, I see that girl trying to get your attention?" I whispered in his ear. I didn't want people what I was saying.

"Yeah, she was, but don't worry about it. I'm with you." He whispered in my ear. Kissing my head. That same girl was looking over here, just watching us.

"It looks like we have any audience over at the bar." Once I said to him. He looked over there and that girl turned her head. Whispering love words in my ear, making me giggle.

After everyone in our group had few more drinks before we start singing. Settling down their nervousness to go up on the stage and sing.

I told C.J that I needed to go to the bathroom before I pee myself. He wanted to come with me but I told him to stay. The always kicks or sits on my bladder. Walking by the bar to get to the washroom. She was still there looking at him. Then she caught sight of me.

Bitch please. Don't start drama with me.

Walking a little fast to the door. In the middle of doing my business, I heard the door open. The clicking of some girl's high heels came walking in. I wonder who it was. After finally finishing my business. I open the door to the girl. Staring at me in the mirror.

I minded my own business. Washing my hands. The paper towels were in front of her.

"Excuse me, you're in front of the paper towels," I ask her. Giving me a look with no emotions.

"I want your man bitch." What the fuck did she say to me. I was about to say something when the door opened. All of my friends, my mom, and Jane surrounded the girl. Jade pulled me out of the bathroom.

I didn't even dry my hands. I used my blazer.

"Now sit and relax." Making me sit down.

"Are you okay?" C.J asks me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. If I wasn't pregnant, I would beat her up. Did she follow me?"

"Yeah, right after you passed the bar, she followed. I told the ladies, and they all left." Good thing he did.

"I wonder what the girls are saying to her when I left." I should've stayed and listened to them speak to her.

"Well, maybe some good pointers like to stay away from a man who has a girl. Things like that."

The ladies coming back to the tables. With smiles on their faces. It must have been a wonderful talk. Thinking about made me smile. Rachel was telling me about it. She almost pissed herself and cried, too. Well, stay away from when a man that is taken.

We watch a couple of people singing. They were good. When the host was looking in the audience for another singer. My arm was up in the air, trying to get his attention, and I did. He asks me on stage. I told the DJ what kind of song I wanted.

I'm a little nervous standing in front of the microphone. Looking at C.J. Seeing him smiling at me.

"That's my girlfriend on stage everybody." Raising his voice so people can hear him. The people were clapping their hands. Making blush more. He's going to get it.

When piano started. Oh, here I go. Looking at him while I sang made it easier for me. All the nerves were gone. It was just me and him.

When I look At You I see forgiveness

I see the truth

You love me for who I am

Like the stars Hold the moon

Right there where they belong

And I Know I'm Not Alone

Near the end of the song. C.J got up from his seat and walked towards me. What is he doing? I thought to myself?

He grabs my hand into his and held it tight. Not letting it go. Staring at me.

When the waves

Are flooding the shore and I can't

Find my way home anymore

That's when I, I...

I look at you

I look at you

Yea Yea Oh OH OH

And you appear Just like a dream

To me.

When the song was finished. The entire crowd cheered and clapping with my performance. C.J cup my face and kisses me hard.

"You have a beautiful voice, Tasha. I couldn't help myself but walk up to you and sing to me. It was breathtaking." Awe I almost had tears coming out.

"Thank you." Kiss him before going off the stage. Guiding me to my seat at the table. Everybody was telling me how awesome my voice was. Rachel and the girls to pictures and videos from different angles. I can't wait to see them, especially with C.J walking up to me.

"Now it's your turn to sing, as you said a few weeks ago?" I remember him telling me that when I was taking a bath.

"Nah, not tonight." Not looking at me.

"Come on C.J."

"Nope, not happening."

"Fine." Crossing my arms.

I guess he won the battle.

________________________

Vote
&
Comment

>>What do you guys think of the new friendship that's happening between C.J and Ellie?

>>What you think of this chapter???

Until next time😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 58.7K 46
One night Two people Three incredible moments But no amount is as big as the mess we're in now... ...
9.5M 308K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
1.4M 32.1K 44
The Wattpad draft! Not the final version. I rolled my eyes and smiled, "Never had a one-night stand," "A one-night stand huh?" he smirked, "And what...
440K 24.3K 26
Tiffany is 26, she left L.A. during her husbands work party after secretly signing annulment papers with her attorney earlier in the day, instructing...