Found | √

By moonpilots

She thought she lost herself in love, but in fact she was found. Copyright © 2016 by moonpilots. All rights... More

Found
Aesthetics + Playlist
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Epilogue
Book 2
A Tangled Fate Series

Chapter Thirty-One

42.3K 1.2K 88
By moonpilots

8/31/15

I GRAB MY phone when it rings from the back pocket of my jeans as I walk down the street near my apartment. Fall is beginning to touch the air around the city as the air gets colder and the trees begin to bleed orange and red.

A small smile touches my lips at who is calling me as I swipe my finger against the screen to answer the call.

"Hey sis," I say happily to Bailey. "What's up?"

"Nothing much just wanted to say hi," she says. "I miss you," she whines though I don't find it as annoying as I once did. Maybe that's because my relationship with Bailey is different now. We are different now.

We both went through so much this summer, and when Cale left her she was crushed. I know she truly believed I would chase after her fiancé once he left, but Bailey is my sister. I would choose her over some guy any day of the week.

"I miss you too," I tell her honestly. We spent the last couple weeks of summer break together watching 80's movies and eating enough ice cream to fill a room. I helped soothe her heart, because I know how hard going through this kind of pain alone can be.

"So..." she trails as if she's unsure she should continue.

"Bai..." I drag out copying her same trailing voice. "What did you really call about?" I question.

I hear her take a deep breathe through the phone before she speaks next. "I think I may have met someone," she says awkwardly. Like she's uncertain if she should tell me. Like she's almost embarrassed. "I mean we are just talking, and we're friends, and nothing's happened—"

"Bai," I cut her off and I know she's holding her breath waiting for my next words. "Is he cute?" I finally ask with a smile painted over my lips.

A breathy chuckle leaves her lips as if she's relieved by my question. "Really cute," she responds.

"Well then I'm happy for you," I tell her earnestly. "I do think you should take it slow—"

"And I am!" she says assuredly. "I'm not rushing into anything ever again," she promises. Bailey knows she rushed her relationship with Cale because she got so caught up in him, same thing I did years ago as well.

"Good, but also don't be scared because you deserve an amazing guy by your side," I tell her.

"He's really nice," she says and I can tell by her voice she's smiling. A big goofy all in love smile at that.

I walk up the front steps on my building and make my way inside. "Hey, I'm at home so I'll call you back later," I say to Bailey. "But know I'm happy for you and he better be awesome and not hurt you or I will track his ass down," I tease though not completely knowing full well I would do just that for my sister.

"Okay, tell the roommates I say hi," she responds.

"Love you, oh and Bai," I pause to catch her attention. "You better call me after your first kiss with him."

A dry laugh leaves her lips. "I said we are just friends, and I'm taking this slow," she comments back.

I shake my head though I know she can't see me. "Yeah, yeah, but still," I say.

"I will," she replies. "Love you Gray." With that she ends the call and I tuck my phone back into my pocket.

I pull out my keys and unlock the door to my apartment and am greeted by the smell of pizza.

"Ooh, what's going on in here?" I ask as I walk into the kitchen to set down my purse and open up the box of my favorite pizza from the shop down the street.

I look over to see tequila on the counter and some limes and margarita mix. My eyebrows scrunch together in confusion about what is happening.

"Hello?" I call out. "Are we having a party I don't know about?" I joke.

I hear laughter coming from Hayley's room so I make my way down the hallway and to her door. I slowly open the door to reveal Hayley and Maxine sitting on the edge of the bed and bent over in a fit of giggles.

As soon as the creak of the door rings through the room their heads snap up to meet mine, and their smiles widen.

"You're home!" Hayley shouts as she stands up from her bed and runs over to me. She swings her arms around me and the smell of tequila hits me in full force.

I pull back just slightly. "Oh, wow," I comment with raised eyebrows. "Someone's been drinking," I comment with a smile as my eyes meet Maxine's bright ones. She shrugs as she turns around to grab her margarita, and sips away happily.

Even though I tried to not like Maxine, I couldn't deny that Hayley was right about her. She is beyond sweet, and is probably one of the most caring people I know. She puts others before herself, which is saying something that she wants to hang around Hayley and mine's selfish asses.

When I left for the summer I didn't want anyone moving into my room really so we let Maxine turn the office space into her room. Hayley and her had a great summer together, and while a little on the quieter end Maxine really is a great addition to the group. So we decided to let her keep the office space, to keep up the fun for junior year. Plus it also helped lower the rent for all of us, which is a perk.

"So what's really going on?" I ask as I take in their outfits. They are both dressed in glitzy cocktail dresses, with full makeup and hair perfectly done.

We don't go out a lot, and even when we do we never go this hard unless it's for a special event. And as today is a Monday, and school starts next week, there is definitely nothing special about today.

"What?" Hayley starts as she begins to dig though her closet. "We can't get dressed up and get drunk in our own apartment because we want to?" she asks as if this was completely normal.

A dry laugh escapes my lips as I shake my head. "You both are crazy," I state. I can't believe these are my best friends, but I also wouldn't have it any other way.

Maxine giggles once again at my words as she sips her glass dry. I can't help but smile at her, because a drunk Maxine is pretty funny. Out of all of us she drinks the least, but when she does she does she's a little more open, and cracks more jokes. She's more carefree, and I hope one day she will realize that she can be like that with us all the time. No liquid encouragement from her needed.

Suddenly Hayley turns around and throws a dress into my face. I grab at the fabric and pull it from my head.

"If by crazy you mean crazy awesome, then yes I would agree with you," she says with her hands placed on her hips. "Now put the dress on, and let's drink!" she sings in a cheerful tone.

I shrug my shoulders. "Fine," I agree as if I had a say or if I wanted to say no to begin with. Getting dressed up for no reason, drinking for no reason, and having fun for no reason. Seems like my kind of night.

Maxine slides off the bed to sit at Hayley's vanity to touch up her makeup and Hayley throws herself onto her bed as she begins to scroll through her phone.

I quickly slip out of my jeans and top and toss on the slinky shimmery fabric. As soon as the dress falls around me I immediately feel like I want to take a shot and dance the night away.

Thankfully I had done my hair and makeup before I left the apartment for the day so I am just as done up as they were. "Okay," I say as I give them a little twirl when I catch their attention. "I'm ready to have a three person apartment party," I say with a teasing roll of my eyes.

"Yay!" Hayley cheers and climbs off of the bed as Maxine finishes her touch up of makeup and stands from the bench.

We all head out into the kitchen and Maxine pours us all a shot of tequila. Hayley grabs the salt as I cut up a few more slices of the lime.

Hayley lifts her glass in the air as she shakes her head so her hair falls behind her shoulders. "We drink to those who love us," she proclaims starting off one of her favorite toasts. One we all have heard many times before.

Maxine lifts her glass next. "We drink to those who don't," she continues the toast.

"We drink to those who fuck us," I say as I lift my glass last.

"And fuck those who don't!" We all cheer together as our glasses clink and we take the shots quickly letting the liquor burn our throats.

Hayley turns on the music next, and Maxine begins to mix more margaritas.

I look at my best friend of almost three years now, and realize how lucky I was to meet her and have her in my life.

My eyes then fall on the ginger that I once hated, but now can't help but love. She fits perfectly into our group, and it makes me glad that Hayley had someone like her while I was away this summer.

These are my best friends, my roommates, and my people. The people who when I was lost loved me the most. With their help I found myself, and with that I found a happiness I haven't felt in a long while.

I pour one last shot for myself, and silently toast to more dance parties, more laughs, and a ton of memories to take from this year.

And with that I toss it back easily with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 46.5K 32
When her ex-friend-turned-boyfriend reappears in her life, Anna must put her hurt and resentment aside to help him survive his withdrawal before he r...
11.7K 2.9K 41
(Complete) A high school student struggling with grief, drugs, depression, and love as she comes of age in this rollercoaster yet hopeful story. ****...
8K 1.1K 35
***FEATURED NA ROMANCE*** What happens if your fiction comes true? Eva considers herself realistic person rather than romantic. Her best friend insi...
557K 17.6K 38
They burned too fast and too bright to last. Copyright © 2018 by moonpilots. All rights reserved.