Magi: A Tale of a New Beginni...

By AthanasiaKashimashi

Azami Alttanin was no ordinary girl. She was bestowed with what we call a curse and a blessing. A dungeon con... More

Prologue
Scroll 1: I am Azami
Scroll 2: Amon and the Kou Empire
Scroll 3: Balbadd and the Lady Killer of the Seven Seas
Scroll 4: Fog Troupe
Scroll 5: Judar and Renewed Balbadd
Scroll 6: Sindria
Scroll 7: Stolas' Dungeon
Scroll 9: Three Fragments
Scroll 10: Different Paths and the Pirates
Scroll 11: Yunan and Azami
Scroll 12: The Crimson Prince and Azami
Scroll 13: Reim and Alibaba
Scroll 14: Yambala Tribe and New Dungeon
Scroll 15: Fourth Djinn and Lucien
Author's Note
Scroll 16: Yunan's Warning
Scroll 17: Setta's Adventure
Scroll 18: The War Starts
Scroll 19: Hope
Scroll 20: The Decisive Battle
Scroll 21: A New Start
Scroll 22: Yunan, Training and Balbadd
Scroll 23: Ren's Plan and Azami's Answer
Scroll 24: Kou, Sindria and the Past
Scroll 25: Solomon's Adventure
Scroll 26: Siblings and Oath
Scroll 27: Solomon and Sheba
Scroll 28: The War and It's End
Scroll 29: End of Alma Torran
Scroll 30: His Change, His Death
Scroll 31: Azami's Plan
Scroll 32: Kou's Civil War
Scroll 33: Aftermath
Scroll 34: Pursuit
Scroll 35: Three Years Later
Scroll 36: Kou Empire's Mishap
Scroll 37: Confrontation
Scroll 38: Big Trouble
Scroll 39: Witch
Scroll 40: International Alliance
Special Scroll: Chocolate?
Scroll 41: His Attack, David
Scroll 42: His Prisoner, Azami
Scroll 43: King of Man
Scroll 44: Azami's Djinns and the Greatest Vessel
Scroll 45: Her Will
Special Scroll: How Azami Met Her Djinns in Alma Torran
Scroll 46: The First Dungeon, Her Shadow
Scroll 47: Second Djinn and Azami's Duplicate
Special Scroll: Sitri, Ipos and Azami
Scroll 48: Zepar and Crocell
Scroll 49: Fourth Dungeon, Azami's Hidden Power
Scroll 50: Protect the Future
Scroll 51: His Sorrow, Her Regret
Scroll 52: Tale of a New Beginning
Epilogue
Character Profile
Author's Note

Scroll 8: Dark Djinn and Dunya's Curse

6.2K 186 5
By AthanasiaKashimashi

"Woah! This is another cool dungeon don't you think, Azami-nee!?" Setta shouted as he looked at the dungeon in fascination. Azami smiled at the boy's antics before a stinging presence touched her arm. She looked down to see her metal vessels glowing.

"Is there any problem Sitri, Furcas, Stolas?"

They just glowed brighter than they were earlier as if saying that there was a horrible presence near the dungeon. She nodded in understanding before calling out Setta. They ventured inside the dungeon and saw Alibaba and Aladdin. Morgiana and a familiar black haired man was carrying her unconscious body. They were fighting with some dark djinn user. Azami was alarmed when she caught sight of the black rukh surrounding the figures in front of her. Setta pulled her sleeves which made her turn towards him. He was trembling when he caught sight of the figure with green hair and weird mask.

"I know, Setta. I'm here."

"He changed, Azami-nee. He's already fallen! I-I... It's my fault!" Tears streamed down his face which made Azami hug him tightly. "I am here. We will change this world." Setta nodded before he grabbed a wooden staff behind him.

"Let's go." She dashed downwards just in time to deflect an attack from the dark djinn user, Dunya. Aladdin was surprised to see her in front of them but he managed to give her a smile. She nodded before shouting at the confused blonde to concentrate.

"Look closely, Alibaba!"

"You need to snap out of it!" Aladdin said as he kept his borg. Setta floated down and strengthened Aladdin's borg. Alibaba nodded before he recognized the figure in front of him. It was Azami.

"A-Azami! What are you doing here?" She smiled at him before saying that they felt something ominous near them and saw the dungeon.

"I was in a dungeon myself and got into a little accident but I'm fine. Anyways, what happened to you? There's some black marking all over your hand?"

"I got cursed." Cursed? She thought carefully before looking at the green-haired man. She suspected that it had something to do with him. Setta glanced at the older female before creating another borg after Aladdin released shots of fireballs.

"Harl Harl Rasas!"
"You gotta be careful, Aladdin!" The blue haired magi nodded before Azami took out Stolas.

"Spirit of Virtue and Arts! Lend me your strength and cover thy body with your wisdom. Weapon equip, Stolas!" She chanted as weird markings and a staff appeared in her hand. Ithnan, the green haired man, glared at her and unexpectedly, at Setta. He recognized Setta's appearance but he forced himself to believe that he was just nothing but a lookalike. The pink haired conqueror smiled sadly at her djinn before stepping in the battlefield with a fierce expression.

"Alibaba, we have to team up with this. Are you ready?" The blonde prince looked at her surprised but nodded nonetheless. They both rushed towards the dark-djinn and attacked it. Scratches were made on its armor but it was futile.

"We're getting nowhere here! We need to have a distraction. I will do it, so it's up to you now, Alibaba!"

"Ah! Leave it to me!" She looked at Setta and the two jumped up to attack it. "Alnniran mmin Alsamma!" "Al'ard Almuqaddasa." Shots of flames and plants surrounded them and it was enough for the monster to get distracted. He attacked it from behind but was deflected by the swordsman, Isaac.

"Alibaba!" They had a difficult time defeating it. Aladdin helped Azami out by using his magoi. Setta turned towards Ithnan and frowned at him. The boy knew that he will have a difficult time returning him back to normal but he still wanted to do it. In order to do that, they had to defeat them first. Azami glared at the dark djinn before changing her equip to Sitri. She gripped her twin daggers tightly before attacking with Aladdin's magoi beside her.

"He really is loved by the rukh huh?" Dunya was now stuck to the wall while Isaac was cut into pieces. The blue-haired magi was about to finish Dunya off but a struck of lightning stopped him.

"Aladdin!" Another one was sent to Setta but Azami intercepted it. Multiple cuts were made on her body and it was a little horrible so to say. Setta looked at her in worry but he was assured by her smile. "I'm fine. Please finish off Dunya." She pleaded which made the young boy nod.

"This is not over yet!"

"Hmm?" Ithnan looked at him with a glare before saying, "Dunya. You will not be able to fulfill your mission like that. Awaken, dark metal vessel!"The magoi sticking on her body was gone and she was free again. This time, her body shook and she was able to reach the dark djinn equip. Azami cringed at the sight before trudging towards Alibaba and Aladdin. Setta pointed his wooden staff at the dark user but had to jump out of the way when she dashed for an attack.

"I am sorry for that unlady like display. Be ready!" Aladdin observed her closely but was caught in her own made chain. Azami rushed towards them before changing to her djinn equip.

"Sitri!" She cut off the chains which amused Dunya to no end. She saw her as a worthy opponent but the princess had to wake up her knight. "Isaac, when are you going to stop pretending you're asleep? Wake up please." "Yes, My Queen." They were all astonished to say the least that a dead man like him was still alive after being sliced off into pieces.

"Setta? Is it because of Dunya?"

"You're right, Azami-nee. Something about Miss Dunya is holding on to Mr. Isaac's rukh." She took out her spear and pointed it at them before firing a ball of light. "Sitriana Rasas!" Isaac deflected it easily and the dark knight used his household vessel. Azami could feel that its target was not her but Alibaba.

"Alibaba! Be careful!" She shouted but it looked like Alibaba was already preoccupied with Isaac's attacks. Setta and her rushed towards Ithnan and attacked him continuously.

"Azami, right? And Setta? Who are you two? You are not from this world!"

"We are not from this world and Ugo gave us a special mission. That is to stop Il-Ilaah and Al-Thamen!"

"As if you can stop us! You! Why do you look like him!?" He pointed at Setta. The said boy tensed but he uttered only this, "I am him after all." Ithnan knew right away what he meant but he forced himself to believe that he was lying.

"He's long dead! It was all Solomon's fault! He's audacity is capricious! He's arrogant and that caused death to the many!"

She stopped attacking and told him that Solomon did what was best for the world. They were at stake that time and they knew he had to do it. Ithnan laughed at her before releasing a strong thunder magic.

"Ramz Al-Salos!"

"Adwa Rih!" Setta protected Azami before it could reach her but she noticed the exhaustion in his eyes. "I'll handle it from here. You go rest, Setta." The boy nodded reluctantly before settling down panting.

"Atlaq Alnnar!" A beam of light was shot from her spear which was, unfortunately, deflected by Ithnan's borg. 'Tch. I need to finish this one!' Just then, she felt presences outside the dungeon pass by. They were closing in somewhere. She glanced at Alibaba and saw a familiar black haired male fighting along side him. She could not remember him that much but she knew that she had already met him. Thunder roared and she was hit.

"You shouldn't divert your eyes from the enemy, little conqueror."

"Shut it." Dark aura surrounded her. She was getting pissed off with this fight and just wanted to rest so she teleported towards him and grabbed his collar before throwing him on the ground below Aladdin's feet.

"He's all yours!" That was what she said before rushing to Setta's aid. She healed him and he was happy to be back to normal again. It was a different thing for Azami though because she could not heal herself. She could not use the full power of Stolas and it was all because of the stupid curse forged upon the poor djinn.

"Don't worry, Azami-nee. Stolas will come to his senses soon. Let's go and continue aiding them."

"You're right."

She went back to Aladdin, Alibaba and the black haired male. She was behind them and she could hear from them that Morgiana was in the dungeon room.

'That's good to hear that she's alright.'

'That's to say, My Queen. Unfortunately, we still have deal with them.' Furcas said.

'It's actually starting to annoy me as well.' Sitri complained.

Aladdin and the others were about to attack them when Ithnan popped up above them to show figures nearing a country. 'Is that Sindria?' It was confirmed when Alibaba uttered its name. Her vision focused on the other male in the group. She heard Alibaba say Hakuryuu and figured out that he was someone she met somewhere. She just could not put her mind as to where.

'You will remember it soon, Azami. For now, let's focus on the battle.' She nodded.

"What are you up to? Are you planning to wage war with Sindria!?"

"Yes. Everywhere you go, there will be war. That is your fate!"

"My fate?"

He was stunned but Hakuryuu beat her to it saying, "Do not listen to him!" "That's right, Alibaba! Those are just some idiotic words!" The black haired male, Hakuryuu, turned around to see a familiar face. He knew her and he was sure that it was the same person.

"Azami-dono?"

"Hello there. I'll answer your questions later but for now, we have to focus on the fight ahead." Ithnan sighed in annoyance. Dunya smiled a little and used her extreme magic. Azami gasped and tried to protect them.

"A-Alibaba! The curse!" She gritted her teeth before calling out Stolas and forced her body to djinn equip with him. It was a lot painful.

Sindria Kingdom

"This country is a fortress of freedom that belongs to me and my citizens." Sinbad declared, "I will allow no one to take that freedom away from us. Imperial soldiers of Sindria, in the name of Sinbad, I order you to fight!"

The Eight Generals made it to their respective points and were ready to protect the country. With Sharrkan, he encountered another swordsman. Masrur faced an ugly faced djinn user while Yamraiha faced a perverted old man.

Back to Azami and the others

Dunya's extreme magic awaited them but they tried to stop it even though it seemed like Isaac will not allow them to even lay a hand on his princess. Azami glared at the man before attacking him from behind. It was futile though for he deflected it. Hakuryuu was stunned yet he tried to attack him carelessly. Isaac kicked Azami out of the way which made Alibaba think of a lot of things.

'Why do I always fail!?' Just when Alibaba was about to be hit, Hakuryuu went out of the way which cost him his arm. "Hakuryuu!" Azami rushed to his aid just when Dunya released her magic. She tried to protect them but some of her attack protruded on her back. She coughed out blood and forced herself to hold it. Aladdin used water magic and it seemed to be useful later on.

'I'm sorry, Stolas. Please bear with me a bit more.' She panted. "Stolas Hayat Qasira!" She whispered which made Hakuryuu's wound heal. She was exhausted though and almost passed out on Alibaba's arms but she used her spear to support her. The extreme magic stopped and she kneeled down by Setta's side.

"Azami-nee. You're far too exhausted to battle."

"Yeah. I'm sorry but can you aid them, Setta? I'll rest for awhile." He nodded and eventually, her djinn equip fell and she dropped down to cough up some blood. She was crying blood as well and it was mostly due to overuse of magoi.

'I'm sorry for forcing you, Stolas. I know I'm not ready for you yet but I'm grateful.'

'My Queen. Why do you continue to love me even though my curse caused you discomfort?'

'Because you are a part of me, as I am a part of you. I don't blame you because of it. I can just make new memories and this time, you will be a part of it.' She smiled internally. Her bracelet hummed and a bright light covered her body. It dimmed down and some of her wounds were healed.

'Stolas?'

'I will forever be by your side, My Queen. Please let me aid you.' This made her giggle and nod. Setta was helping the others in the battle and she was proud of him. She looked at Dunya and felt her sadness. Isaac just disintegrated in front of her. Hatred was clear in her eyes and that worried her. Alibaba's curse was also worsening and by far, she could see that he was trying to hold it in. Setta felt Ithnan move and was about to attack when the Al-Thamen member stabbed Dunya with his scythe.

"Ithnan!" The little boy kicked him but Ithnan held his foot and was about to twist it when the pink haired conqueror grabbed his hand. A dangerous glint in her eyes could be seen.

"Don't you fucking touch him or I'll kill you!" She kicked him with so much force. Dunya fell and Alibaba rushed to her aid. The princess' bracelet broke and her memories were shown. It showed how Mustashim fell and was overtook my Magnostadt. It was crazy! People just wanted happiness yet they were all killed. Alibaba was slowly falling into depravity.

"Aladdin! Alibaba is—"

"Azami-nee! Don't come near him!"

'Damnit! That brat!' Furcas cursed. Azami was worried with them but she saw Aladdin use Solomon's wisdom. It was stopped though when Ithnan shot him.

"Ithnan!"

"How dare you!?" She heard Alibaba mutter. Azami had enough. This Ithnan kept on talking about curse, fate and hate.

"SHUT THE HELL UP! FATE CAN BE CHANGED!" Azami kicked him while Alibaba pierced him.

"Azami-nee! Alibaba!" Ithnan disappeared and black rukh fluttered around them. Alibaba and Azami turned to their dark djinn version. Setta's eyes widened at her sister's appearance before reaching out to her but Hakuryuu stopped him in time.

"Stop! It's dangerous!"

"But Azami-nee! Azami-nee!" He shouted. Alibaba grabbed his sword and was about to attack them but Morgiana jumped down and stopped it. Azami rose and was about to attack when Setta froze her.

"Stop it, Azami-nee! This is not you!" She glared at him. With a scream, the ice that held her foot was crushed and rushed to them.

"Zagan! Give me your power!" A bright light enveloped Hakuryuu and stopped her in time.

"Tch." Morgiana rose and together, they stopped Azami and Alibaba. Aladdin activated Solomon's wisdom and entered their mind. This time, Setta entered with him.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!!!" It was dark in both of their minds. Setta told Aladdin to go to Alibaba while he took care of Azami.

"Azami-nee?"

"I'm scared, Setta. I was just suddenly thrown into this world who keeps on talking about fate! Fate this, fate here! I'm tired of hearing fate! Is it also fate for my djinns to experience such thing? Is it also fate that you died? Fate that Al-Thamen is living!? I don't know any more! This world is nothing but rubbish of fate!"

"Stop it! You are my Azami-nee who is loved by rukh. Solomon was told to be arrogant and I agree with that but I know why! He was forced to be what he was but even so, he was able to protect the people he loved. It may not last long but still! You, on the other hand, is tasked to guide the others. You are here to help people find the right path. Whether it be against Solomon, is still their decision. We are still the one who will decided whether we will follow the guide! Fate? Yes, fate is here but we are the one who forge our own path. Against Solomon? No, after we make our choice, different doors are opened! Don't talk like fate is decided 'cause it is not! And—And I want you back, Azami. I want my Azami-nee!" Azami looked at him stunned.

'Stop sitting there like an idiot, My Queen.'

'You look stupid there, Azami.'

'Queen Azami.'

She smiled at them before giving them her warmest hug. "Thank you." She returned to the real world and saw that Alibaba and Aladdin had woken up already. A distant look was seen on Aladdin's face and she knew that there was something that was revealed to him.

"Aladdin?"

"Azami-nee? You and Setta? You're from Alma Torran right?" Setta was shocked but nonetheless smiled at him.

"We are but keep it a secret from everyone okay? It will be troublesome if people knew about it."

He grinned at her and that was the last thing Azami seen before passing out. Her magoi was depleted too much and she guessed that it will take sometime for her before she could wake up again.

"Setta? Ithnan also said hello." The little boy smiled before petting her sister's head. White rukh flew out of their bodies and Isaac's rukh flew towards Dunya. She teared up at the sight. Alibaba and everyone were happy that it was finally time to go back.

In Sindria

"Good work everyone! We are still far from our goal but little by little we will get stronger. This is our destiny!" Sinbad said.

In Kou Empire

"It seems like the old ones would not be enough to attack Sindria." Judar laughed.

"For that reason, Sinbad, I hope we get to face each other. And that girl as well. You two, bear this in mind. Our Empire will have the whole world in our hands!" Kouen said.

"You still hold that grudge against Azami." Koumei sweatdropped at his brother.

With Azami

'The rukh will continue to flow and will be guided by the magi.'

=END=

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 225 15
You're a traveling musician, just looking for the finer things in life while doing enjoying the ride and doing something you love: creating music. Of...
5.7K 217 18
*I DO NOT OWN MAGI: THE ADVENTURES OF SINBAD I AM JUST A HUGE FAN AND SIMP OVER THE ANIME* *This is a OC x Sinbad* After Sinbad's trip to Artemyra t...
117K 5.6K 32
*I do not own Magi or any of the characters* Ashlyn's life had been anything but easy. Her father left years ago and her mother is very abusive, both...
61.1K 2K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...