The Game of Love

By KaiHeart15

Eight years ago, Sarah Winrey has always been bullied by Leon Ferron, whom she's feared since the very first... More

The Game of Love
The Game of Love Chapter 2
The Game of Love Chapter 3
The Game of Love Chapter 4
The Game of Love Chapter 5
The Game of Love Chapter 7
The Game of Love Chapter 8
The Game of Love Chapter 9
The Game of Love Chapter 10
The Game of Love Chapter 11
The Game of Love Chapter 12
The Game of Love Chapter 13
The Game of Love Chapter 14
The Game of Love Chapter 15
The Game of Love Chapter 16
The Game of Love Chapter 17
The Game of Love Chapter 18
The Game of Love Chapter 19
The Game of Love Chapter 20
The Game of Love Chapter 21
The Game of Love Chapter 22
The Game of Love Chapter 23
The Game of Love Chapter 24
The Game of Love Chapter 25
The Game of Love Chapter 26
The Game of Love Chapter 27
The Game of Love Chapter 28
The Game of Love Chapter 29
The Game of Love Chapter 30
The Game of Love Chapter 31
The Game of Love Chapter 32
The Game of Love Chapter 33
The Game of Love Chapter 34
The Game of Love Chapter 35
The Game of Love Chapter 36
The Game of Love Chapter 37
The Game of Love Chapter 38
The Game of Love Chapter 39
The Game of Love Chapter 40
The Game of Love Chapter 41
The Game of Love Chapter 42
The Game of Love Chapter 43
The Game of Love Epilogue!

The Game of Love Chapter 6

7.2K 130 9
By KaiHeart15

Sarah:

Rushing to the clinic, the only thing that I could think about was that kiss. Why he kissed me could only mean that he’s toying me. Still, the way he kissed me was so…it was like he wanted me… Stupid Sarah, don’t think things like that! He’s only doing that to get to your head! I hit my head slightly. Entering the clinic, I merely say that I can’t see straight—completely dizzy.

The nurse had me lie down on the bed. As I had done so, I stared at the ceiling, still not able to stop thinking about that kiss. Well, he’s done one thing that went according to his plan: I’m completely thrown off…

Leon:

The fact that she ran out on me before I could explain did nothing but hurt me. She’s so dense it’s cruel—so cruel that it nearly kills me. The moment I kissed her, I didn’t want the moment to slip away. Still, I wanted more than a kiss, but being in school, I could only do as much as that.

It didn’t surprise me that Sarah wasn’t in Physics, though Seth gave off a suspicious look. There were only two seats left, one by those annoying girls trying to get my attention, and the other by Seth. I get it; these seats are practically assigned for us—so typical. Even so, I decide to steal Sarah’s seat and sit by her best friend, the one I envy completely.

Seth shifted in his seat away from me, disgusted with my presence. Well I hate you too you bastard. “That’s Sarah’s seat,” he finally said. I merely shrug. “You want to annoy her?” Again, I shrug. “Where is she?”

“Not here. She went somewhere…clinic I think…” I replied. Before he could leave his seat to check on her, Mr. Daven scolded him, telling him to stay in his seat.

“What did you do?” he asked, fists starting to clench. Wow, well isn’t he the jealous type? We might get along (in some way) just fine. I’m the same way.

“Answer me this, have you ever kissed her?” The look in his eyes showed that he hasn’t, has longed for it. “How would you react if I told you I kissed her, tongue included?”

Judging by the glare, the tension, and the knuckles starting to crack, he’s pissed and he wants to kill me immediately. Of course, we both knew what happened after I kissed her. That killer look on his face nearly killed me on the inside. I have to admit, even though they’re close best friends, he still hasn’t taken the next step. “You love her, don’t you?” I asked.

Seth nodded. “Of course I love her, a whole bunch.” Before I could ask since when, he replied, “A month after I met her.”

“Why not chase after her?” I ask, even though I hate this guy, I just have to wonder why he hasn’t made Sarah his girlfriend. I’m…interested to know.

“I was thinking of asking her out lately, but she’s going through some complicated things.” I knew that by “things” he meant me. Seth turned to me. “What about you. You love Sarah don’t you?”

“Definitely…but for me, I loved her at first sight.”

Seth sighed in irritation, rolling his eyes. “You sure are a jerk about it when you’re around her.”

I merely shrug. “It’s just how I am.” After a moment of taking notes and listening to Mr. Daven yap on and on, I insisted, “Don’t tell her that…you know.”

“I won’t and neither will you. Sarah needs to hear this personally from us.”

I smirked. “A done deal,” I muttered.

This game has just gotten a whole lot more interesting…

Sarah:

My mind finally clearing up, no longer dizzy, I leave the clinic and head towards my Physics class, pass in hand. When I enter the room, I hand Mr. Daven my pass and take my seat—which has been corrupted by Leon. “Get out of my seat,” I demanded.

Looking up at me, he smiled. “Why? It’s not like your name’s written on it.”

What a clichéd answer. I rolled my eyes as I slammed my books on the desk, pushing of his onto the floor. Just as Leon’s passing by me, he muttered harshly, “Bitch.”

Sighing, annoyed, I take my seat next to Seth. As Mr. Daven resumes his lectures, Seth leans in closer to me as we have a quiet conversation. “So I hear that bastard’s stolen your first kiss.”

I pursed my lips, exasperated towards the fact that Seth knows. Well, I was bound to tell him anyway. Slowly, I nodded my head, dreadful over the thought. “If I knew this was coming, I would’ve brought mouthwash with me,” I muttered, causing him to laugh silently. That was when I noticed Leon looking back at us. When I give him a what-do-you-want look, he shakes his head, rolls his eyes, and heaves a sigh.

* * * *

“Oh. My. God!” squealed Sophia. I swear, sometimes I wonder how she got in this bunch of friends: Seth, Leanne, and I. Us three are like the typical we-have-a-world-of-our-own-atmosphere-and-we-don’t-care-what-you-think small knit group of friends. As for Sophia, she’s like your typical trendsetter who’s always got the latest info about celebrities. Loners and a popular(ish) girl, we’re a strange group as I’ve stated before.

Anyway, Sophia just stood there, as well as Leanne, with jaws dropped and eyes wide. “Holy crap!” squealed Sophia again. “The new sex god at our school kissed you?! Not only that but with tongue?”

The way she said it was like it’s a good thing. But to the rest of us, we’re all appalled in quite disgusted. And besides, since when was Leon labeled a “sex god?” Ew. Gross. That’s what Seth was labeled, but everyone kind of ignores him now since he’s like Leanne and me—loners.

I nearly vomited, massaging my temples. “I can’t believe you think that’s an accomplishment!” I hollered.

“I bet the kiss was…sexy…” she giggled, causing all of us to glared at her. “What?” she asked. “Do you have any idea how many girls would die to be French kissed by Leon Ferron?”

“Wow…I’m surprised you aren’t jealous of Sarah,” Seth said sarcastically.

“Of course not!” she replied. “She’s one of my best friends! Besides, since I know she hates him with a passion makes me feel much better!”

“The only problem is,” Leanne begins, “Leon loves Sarah.”

The table immediately fell quiet, all eyes focused on me. However, I don’t believe that he loves me one bit. So to ease their nerves, I laugh hysterically. “Wow, you had me going for a second! Yeah right, Leanne, Leon doesn’t love me! You guys must be mistaken!”

“Then what was the whole point of”—

I interrupted Leanne, “It’s obvious! He’s trying to get into my head! He’s trying to throw me off track!”

The looks on their faces were sullen. Eventually they all left except for Seth. He placed a hand on my shoulder, muttering, “Are you sure about that?” I shrug. He knows me. Seth knows why I’m saying these things. So when I don’t say anything, he gets my message and leaves. Right after, I headed for AP Spanish.

* * * *

By the end of the day, I rushed over to my jeep, ignoring the Leon that was following me. Before he could open the doors—me inside the jeep already—I lock the doors immediately, keeping him out. “Hey!” he called out, slightly irritated with my attitude. However, I pull out of my parking and just as I’m shifting from reverse, Leon bangs his fist on my car. Don’t lose it, don’t lose it, I repeated in my thoughts.

When he does it again, I crack my window open. “What the hell, Leon?!” asked I, losing my temper.

“You’re supposed to drive me home!” he yelled.

I roll my eyes. “Just walk there you bastard!” I snapped. “After what you did today, I’m not ever going to carpool with you in my car!”

“Oh come on!” he argued, exasperated. “It was just a kiss! Let it go!”

As much of a bitch I might be right now, I roll my eyes and start driving out the school, Leon-free. Looking at my rearview mirror, I noticed him flicking me off, but I kept on driving. I know it’s a cruel thing to do, leaving him out on the streets to walk home. After all, he lives quite a distance—though not enough to be in a different school district.

For the whole ride home, I kept driving, but my conscience kept tugging at my actions somewhat. However, I wasn’t going to turn around, I wasn’t going back. I’m going home. Who the hell cares if he gets jumped on his way home? I mean, we’re in broad daylight. The thought gives me second thoughts about leaving him, but I figure that since he’s a fair fighter (considering the physical damage he’s done to me when we were ten), I might as well just leave it as that.

When I got home, I threw my keys onto the coffee table and flop on the couch, my dad sitting on the couch right beside mine, reading the newspaper. (Who does that these days…well apparently my dad.) “How was your day, Sweetie?” I rolled my eyes without him noticing. I’m eighteen yet he calls me such a childish nickname.

“Crappy,” I replied dejectedly.

“Why’s that?” he asked. “Does it have to do with a boy?”

Damn he was right on. However, I never mention my problems to my parents, so I shake my head. Before he could ask again why, I push myself off the couch and make my way to my room. It’s not that I hate my dad, but he’s just so nosy it annoys the crap out of me. As for my mom, I hardly see her nowadays since she works long shifts in the hospital.

Lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling for a good thirty minutes, I turn on the TV, looking for something to watch before I work on my homework. Taking out my binder, I turn to my Physics and Spanish homework as That 70’s Show plays on my small screen. And when I’m done with all that, I rest my head against the pillow and turn on my lampshade since it’s already gotten so dark. Who knew days are shorter now?

Suddenly, I’m thinking about Leon. Did he get home okay? Is he even walking home? Did he hitch a ride from Laurie or something? Is he still at school? When I realize I’m starting to worry over him, I shake my head. God, I can’t let this happen! Still, my conscience kept tugging me, telling me to go check on him—at least stop by the school. And that’s when I finally give up, grab my keys, tell my dad I’ll be out for a bit, leave the house, start the engine, and head for James Madison High School.

* * * *

Driving my jeep in the night, checking up on the guy I hate the most on this planet, is unheard of. And sure enough, when I got to the school, he stood there at the front, slumped on the ground, tired of waiting, head hung low. God damn him…

Leon:

I should’ve seen it coming, that after kissing her, she’d do something like this. I mean, she left me. Yet why aren’t I walking home? Why am I waiting? I wasn’t sure. Slowly drifting to sleep, I heard the rumble of engines. Could it be Sarah? Nah…I highly doubt it. However, when I felt a pair of warm hands lift my face, she was right in front of me, concern engraved in her blue eyes. “Sarah…” I muttered.

“I can’t believe you’re here,” she said in utter disbelief. “Come on, I’m taking you home.” She takes my hand, pulling me up on my feet.

“Why did you come?” I asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. I was wor—I mean…I figured, with you being an idiot and all; you’d seriously be sitting here waiting for a ride home. I didn’t think that’d be true.”

I smiled. She was worried about me. Yeah, Sarah, I caught that, don’t try to hide it. “So…if I wasn’t here, you would’ve searched the place and stopped by my place, I’m guessing?” She’s so easy to read since her expression said it all. That was exactly what she was going to do. “You were worried about me?” I smirked, but she shook her head vigorously.

“No I wasn’t!” she denied. “Come on, stupid, I’m taking you home.” Following her to the jeep, I sat next to her in silence as she drove me her. Oh God, this is why I love you, Sarah… You’re too nice.

When we reached my house, she trailed me to the front porch. Before I entered through the front door, I turned and hugged her tightly, stunning her. “Thanks for stopping by. I owe you one.” Then I went in for a kiss. However, though I could tell she was rejecting this action, she wasn’t roughly pushing me away. It wasn’t intense as before, though I still wanted more. I pulled away from her face, and I noticed a slight tint of pink on her face; I smiled. Before I let go of her, I whispered in her ear, “Goodnight…”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 98 44
"So what did you think of the assignment?" He persisted in getting an answer but Bailey had another conversation already in mind. "I noticed you loo...
12.1K 236 57
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...
6K 97 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
2K 73 33
ALL WE ARE Synopsis: [COMPLETED] He was your typical complicated entitled high school boy, to put it shortly. He drank, he smoked, he partied, and he...