Accidental Roommate (Being Re...

By saiidah

The rewritten version is on my account: Accidental Roommate (NEW). You can read this version but, just be war... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
(NEW VERSION) Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
EPILOGUE

Chapter 6

34.9K 1.3K 52
By saiidah

Sharon waved Cameron good bye as he sped off. She took a deep breath and turned to the door of the building.  The building was huge, at least 50 storeys high and it was all owned by Scott. The exterior was sleek and modern, clean lines with a lot of windows. When she got into the building, she was not surprised to see that the interior mirrored the exterior.

The lobby was bustling. People rushing in and out. The elevators were manned by a few security guards and you needed a pass to enter. Sharon approached the front desk and was immediately intimidated by the receptionist.

The receptionist looked soo beautiful and put together. Her makeup was done right, her clothes were impeccable and she was soo well put together. Just looking at her made Sharon feel frumpy and underdressed. Which she shouldn't feel. She had little clothes but her work clothes were professional.

'Hi, I'm here for an interview with Mr Daniels,'she told the receptionist, whose name was Haley. Well that was what her name tag said. She ignored her. 'Hello?' She started tapping the counter with her fingernails, hoping that she would annoy her enough to attend to her. It worked.

'Yes, miss?' Haley asked derisively. She did a once over of Sharon and nd clearly found her lacking. 'Mr Daniels does not have an interview today.'

'Well, could you call his office and ask?'she requested pleasantly. She gave Haley a steely look and she complied. She saw her eyes widen before shooting Sharon a shocked look.

'This is your pass,' Haley said after putting down the phone. Her tone had changed. It was more professional now. 'Please proceed to the 6th floor and Simon will direct you to the conference room. He will meet you at the elevator landing.'

Sharon thought she had handled that we'll and hadn't given in to her desire to gloat. She showed to the guard her pass and spent the short trip up in silence.

She met the aforementioned Simon.  He wad a tall man, almost as tall as Cameron.  He was slim and pasty white. He clearly didn't see the sunlight often. He was perfunctory in his interaction with her. She felt a bit cold.

'Mr Daniels will be in soon,'he told her as he left the conference room. She sat down and awaited her interviewer. Hopefully he wouldn't take long.

  - ------@@@@@-------

After close to an hour, the man finally came in. Sharon was fuming by then. She had gone down to the reception 3 times to ask about him and had the same answer. 'He will be with you shortly.'

She gave the man, Mr Daniels, a scathing look. He was in his late forties, early fifties but he has aged well. He still had a full head of hair, a strapping body and his face was showing the face of a man in his early forties. He was an attractive man but that did not excuse him being an hour late for an interview, no matter how last minute it is.

'I'm sorry, Miss Ashwood,'he said as he settled down across her. 'I was caught up in a meeting. I hope I had not inconvenienced you?'

''Well, at least he apologised,''she tried to console herself. However, the anger did not abate. She just gave him a slight smile.

'Good, good,'he said. 'Now, Mr Garnet has spoken well of you and wants to put you in a junior accountant role. I have looked over your credentials and found them impeccable. More than suited for the role.' Sharon was feeling good about the interview, when what he said next inflamed her further. 'However, I cannot in all honesty approve your employment. You have been brought to my attention by Mr Garnet and I do not like to open my department to criticism. People may say that you were hired because of your connection to Mr Garnet and your work is less than exemplary. Which will leave more work for the other accountants. In short, you will be a hassle, a hassle that we don't need. So in short, I will reject your application. Hope you have a good day.'

'Well, I would say that my day had been good until I met you,'Sharon said. She had not wanted to respond to his insults but it had proven too much. 'You come in late with a poor excuse. You have a secretary, surely. If she did not inform you of my numerous ventures to the front desk to find you, she is not doing her job. Then, you reject me because of issues that has nothing to do with me and/or about me. If you, as as a senior accountant cannot hire someone without people questioning your choices, they have certainly seen previous examples of your poor judgement. I still, however, do not understand how that can be used as a reason to reject me. To tell the truth, I came in out of courtesy to Scott. I have come and I will leave. Good day to you sir.'

Sharon stomped out of the conference room, leaving him shell shocked and speechless. She slammed her pass on the counter by the reception and stalked out. She couldn't believe the nerve of the man. To reject her just because he had no control in choosing her. What a control freak.

However, she didn't want to let him control her feelings anymore. What can she do to make it go away?

  - ------@@@@@-------

Cameron braced himself for the shock that he would induce once he went into the building. He had debated with himself for a better part of an hour about the wisdom of his next action but he had promised Sharon. She had a strong hold on him. He didn't want to disappoint her and betray her budding trust in him. Plus she had gone for the interview, upon his directive and despite her misgivings. He had to do the same.

He opened the door and silence reigned. All the employees stopped what they were doing and stared at him in shock. You might be wondering why he elicited such a strong reaction.

Usually, after a big blow up with his agent, which usually involved him screaming at his agent and his agent responding, he would disappear for 2 weeks at least and no one would be able to contact him despite numerous privaye investigators and what nots.  Well, people he didn't want to know that is. And when he comes back, his agent was willing to cede to his demands, since he was such a big name in the football industry.

Now, it had barely been 2 days and he was back. His agent, Matthew Colton, met him at his office door. He had a puzzled expression. Nonetheless, he greeted Cameron with much fanfare.

Once they settled in his office, Cameron got straight to the point. 'Find me a discreet physical therapist,'he told Matthew. 'Someone who is not star struck, able to keep his trap shut and good. Not in that order either.'

Matthew was silent for a few moments before he nodded slowly. 'Alright. I'll ask around and get back to you within 3 days,'he said. Then he asked the question that everyone must have in their head. 'Why the sudden turn about? You were adamantly against it a week ago. Did something happen?'

'Nothing that you would need to know,'he responded tersely. He ignored the look of disbelief that Matthew sent him. He didn't want him to anyone to learn about Sharon. He was possessive of her. He wanted to keep her all to himself. Like a treasured jewel.

'Well, as I said, I'll get back to you-'

Suddenly Cameron's phone rang. It was an unknown number. He almost didn't answer it until he remembered that he had given his number to Sharon. It could be her. His heart rate accelerated in excitement and anticipation. He excused himself and went to the pantry.

'Hello. Cameron speaking.' He heard Sharon snorted. 'Hello? I don't speak snort.'

'Haha,' Sharon said drily. He felt himself smile. 'I, on the other hand, am fluent in snort. I can teach you if you want. In private of course. Otherwise people will look at us askance.' She said it soo confidently and brightly that he had a hard time holding in his laughter.

There was silence between them. The silence was not uncomfortable. It was comforting. It made him feel instantly better.

'Well, the reason I called you is to find out if you wanted any ice cream,'she told him, breaking the silence.

This put Cameron on the defensive. Anytime a woman wanted ice cream something bad must have happened. 'How was the interview?'he asked warily. He heard her sigh even through through the phone. She didn't answer. 'Sharon? Tell me what happened.' He was getting testy. It hadn't been this hard to get any of his ex girlfriends to talk about whatever was bothering them. Usually, he didn't even have to asked.

'Alright, so you don't want any ice creams,'she finally said. 'I'll see you at the apartment then.'

She hung up. He stared at his phone in bewilderment. She didn't even give him a brief version of what happened. She was seriously getting to him.

A/N sorry if this isn't as fun as the previous chapters but hope you enjoyed it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.2K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...
428 14 11
Colette Beaumont has finally started to put herself back together after a messy breakup and has sworn off loving anyone forever. As Colette goes thr...
2.7M 72.6K 40
"You okay there, partner?" he chuckled. Our bodies were centimeters away from touching so I took a step back. A fatal mistake, which caused my back t...
38.2M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...