Me and My Boys

Por Jessvk

If you like non-cliche stories, keep on reading darling. Oh? Girl has six hot bodyguards? But I've heard that... Más

Me and my boys!!!!
Me and my boys... Chapter Two
Me and my boys... Chapter Three
Me and my boys... Chapter Four... (part A & part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Five
Me and my boys... Chapter six
Me and my boys... Chapter Seven(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Seven(part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Eight
Me and my boys...Chapter Nine
Me and my boys...Chapter Ten
Me and my boys...Chapter Eleven
Me and my boys...Chapter Twelve
Me and my boys...Chapter Thirteen
Me and my boys...Chapter Fourteen (part A)
Me and my boys... Chapter Fourteen(part B)
Me and my boys...sneek peek!
Me and my boys...Chapter Fifthteen (part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Fifthteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Sixteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Sixteen (part B)
Me and my boys... Chapter Seventeen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Seventeen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Eighteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Eighteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Nineteen(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Nineteen(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty-one(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty one(part B)
Me and my boys.... Chapter Twenty Two(part A)
Me and my boys... Chapter Twenty Two(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Three(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Three(part B)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Four(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Four(part B)
Me and my boys...chapter Twenty five(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Five ( part B)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Six (part A)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Six ( part B)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Seven(Part A)
Me and My Boys Chapter Twenty Seven(part B)
Me and My Boys ...Chapter Twenty Eight(part A)
Me and my boys...Chapter Twenty Eight(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Twenty Nine(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Twenty Nine(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty One (part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty One(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Two(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Two(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Three(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Three(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Four(part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Four(part B)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Five(part A)
?
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Six (part A)
Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Six (Part B)

Me and My Boys...Chapter Thirty Five (part B)

1.3K 50 45
Por Jessvk

And this chapter is dedicated to @tejada0611 !!!
Thank you for your sweet comments and for reading. Hope you like this new chapter! Vote/comment/fan.
I'll be posting up a new chapter of The King's Alpha Queen soon for those who like that story!
And also, I have two new stories, Vetala and Blood Hysteria. If you could pretty please check those out and let me know what ya think^^.

***********************

Doctor Gus handed me the baby covered in blood, placing it on my chest as it cried. It looked so tiny and delicate...she wrapped her fingers around mine, her tears becoming silent as it grasped my hand.

I cleaned her face, holding her in between my arms in fear she might fall off to a side.

"My lady," Doctor Gus said as he came closer to my side, "I need to monitor the child. She was born prematurely and you were with infection," he said as he began taking her from me without waiting for me to protest.

He gently lifted her head, placing it on the crook of his arms. He smiled at first, but then, frowned as the door behind him opened.

"He kept it well hidden," Charlie said as he placed his hands behind his back and walked closer to where the doctor stood.

My body automatically stiffened, watching him with fear as he narrowed his eyes as he looked at her. I slowly sat up, watching him as he continued looking down at her.

Seeing the tension, Doctor Gus bowed his head and turned, heading to the door with child in his arms.

"Wait, where are you taking her?" I snapped as Doctor Gus continued out.

"Don't worry, he'll take good care of her. After all, she's my niece," Charlie answered.

He smiled with a dead look in his eyes as if they were nothing but black holes. He looked different-no, he looked strange and definitely not the Charlie I knew.

"I'm guessing you were told about...us...about me," Charlie said as his smile disappeared.

I was about to answer when a strong pain, like if I were about to give birth again, began. I grabbed on to the sheets underneath me, glancing to the woman who was still cleaning up. She looked at me and came to my side, bowing her head towards Charles.

"I'll come back later on," he said as he turned and walked out, closing the door behind him.

**********
He had been acting strange since he took the baby, only speaking to me when he wanted me to move.

"Where's my baby?" I asked.

I saw his back tense as he lowered his head, the frown on his face as he checked my vitals.

I grabbed his hand, tightening to make him look at me.

"Where's my baby?" I whispered, finally getting him to look at me.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't say anything in fear he would have done something. I barely have the right equipment to take care of you and the child...I couldn't risk having the child near him. "

"But...is she okay?"

He placed his other hand in mine and smiled, patting it in response.

"I didn't see anything nor found anything wrong with her. She's a healthy baby girl."

I rested my head back, looking up at the ceiling in relief. My body felt like crap but... it was a pain like no other.

"How did we end up here in the first place?" I asked, wondering the same questions over and over again.

Was this hell? Why the hell was everything happening so suddenly and unexpectedly? And my baby...how was I to take her out of here now?

"Where are we?" I asked, trying to see through the small window on the wall besides me.

"I heard from a maid...what was it called? I believe she said something about a peninsula," Doctor Gus said as he rubbed his cheek with his palm.

Crater...peninsula?

"Damn it. I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I repeated, already feeling the tears of anger.

"You have to calm down. If you don't do it for yourself, do it for your child. She needs you right now that-" Doctor Gus cut off, flinching backwards as he stared at me. I took his hand, tightening it for him to speak.

"Now that what!?" I asked, not wanting to hear the rest.

"I'm sorry. I'm terribly sorry. I had no other option left, my lady. When we arrived, I was taken to see your father and the only reason you were able to give birth was because I swore I would hand over your child to your brother," the man cried, trying to speak through a shaky voice.

My child? My baby?

"Where did they take her?"

"He said she would be safe. "

If it weren't because I couldn't move my arms right, I would've knocked him out cold right here and then. I had to stay calm, I had to stay sane.
If it weren't for Doctor Gus...

"How many days do I have to rest?" I asked, closing my eyes and trying to breathe in.

"You have to take care of yourself for at least a month. The more, the better. You can't push your body with what just happened. "

I had to get better...I had to personally kill Charles.

**********
I threw the nightstand against the door. I grabbed everything else I could, even throwing crap out the window.

I had enough. I had enough of all this bullshit and those bastards that thought that they could do with my daughter as they pleased.

I had been 'denied permission' to see my own baby for the last month and on top of that, those bastards had the audacity to give her their name.

"I want to speak to Charles! I'll break the whole door if I need to! " I yelled to the guards who stood outside, waiting for me to stop.

"He will not see you at the moment," a guard responded back.

I began slamming a piece of wood against the door, ignoring every aching pain running through my body.

"Stop or we will come in and knock you out," the guard responded.

That's exactly what I wanted.

Seeing that I wasn't going to stop, I continued, encouraging them to come in and they did, pushing the door open.

I quickly moved away, throwing everything I could. I had rested well enough for a month, I could do more damage now.

They seemed to have not been expecting that I was going to fight back, probably they thought they could easily 'knock me out', as they said.

I then got hold of one of their weapons, holding it to a guard's head as the other three stood in shock. There were maids at the doors and as soon as they saw what I had done, they ran out.

"Take me to Charles," I said, digging the weapon on to the guard's head.

Boy, did they want the guy dead. None of them moved, none of them even looked like they cared if the guy got shot.

In a fast movement, I moved the direction of the weapon, pointing it straight to the guy in front us instead of the guy I held next to me. His body then fell, a puddle of blood coming right out of his neck as he moved this way and that, trying to stop the bleeding coming from his neck.

"I'll shoot you all if you don't move," I said, wanting to laugh to how quickly they scattered out of the room, only one staying behind to take care of the other guy.

We walked through the corridors, everyone who met us moved back and stared. Through the multitude of eyes, I managed to find Doctor Gus as he was being escorted to the direction of my room, only starring with frightened eyes as we passed besides him. I nodded, keeping the weapon as close to the guard's head as possible.

"I'll shoot you as soon as I see that you're taking me somewhere else," I whispered.

"Your brother will kill you anyways," the guard whispered back.

"Why would he? I'm his little sister." Hell, did I bite my tongue.

"You are? Then why does he have you locked up like a rat?"

I smacked the weapon against his head, keeping it straight up again as he straightened up from the hit.

"Where does he have my daughter?" I demanded as more guard's began to appear.

"Your daughter? The only child here is Charle's," he said, turning his head back to look at me.

I couldn't help but stare back at his brown eyes and noticed as his eyebrows furrowed together.

"We're robbers, lady. Don't be surprised if he sells you next," the guy said as he looked away.

What...did he mean?

I looked around, seeing as we headed outside the building we were in. Instead of having people turn, no one actually turned or cared that I had a weapon pointed to his head. They just seemed...to brush it off?

"You obviously don't know where you're at. It is normal to see this around here," he dryly said.

People were dressed like if they were about to go to an expensive dinner, even the women wore dresses of obvious high quality. Even the damn streets looked nice. The breeze carried a nice smell...a smell I had never smelled before. I looked on, noticing the rocky hills surrounding the area. A port?

"Where are we going?" I asked as we headed towards a circular shaped building, at least four stories high.

We went in, the guards inside quickly letting us pass as they saw the situation. The guy I held hostage continued guiding, only that now, he seemed unbothered and stress free. He nodded towards a pair of doors, turning to me as he stopped.

"He's in there," he said as he turned back to the doors. He opened them, bowing his head as we stepped foot inside. The room was filled with people standing looking out on a balcony. They turned and of course stared. 

"Why are you stopping?" We stopped in front of a group of men who stared towards down below, the sound of horses running came from below.

I immediately noticed Charles' body leaning against the balcony. I wanted him to turn, I wanted him to face us and be a man about all this but instead, he continued looking down, not even turning to see why one of his men had a gun pointed to his head.

"Charles," I said, every nerve inside me boiling with anger.

"Hello Nat," he responded as he glanced our way once.

"Where is she?"

"Your daughter?" he asked, turning his whole body but still leaning against the glass balcony.
The people around him began to leave, only his guards staying behind.

"Give me my daughter Charles," I said, biting my tongue to prevent the crying.

"She's fine. She's with father now," he responded as he smiled.

"I'll shoot this guy if you don't give her back," I warned, pinning the gun back on to the guy's head.

"Natalie, what's wrong? You're home now. Stop acting that way," he said as he began to laugh, placing his hands inside his pockets.

He had a crazy look in his eyes now that he laughed, a look that said that everything was not fine.

"And my daughter?"

"I'll be keeping her for now on. I decided to adopt her, of course, for her own good now that she won't have a last name to inherit."

I glared at him, my insides already twisting from the thoughts.

"Wh-what do you mean?" I asked, taking a step back.

"You haven't heard? The King was dethroned by his own people. He has nothing now, nothing at all. He's just a simple human with no sources to even know your location or to even know if you're alive. Doesn't that frightened you?" he asked, tilting his head.

"You're lying."

"Am I? It's everywhere," he said as he grabbed a newspaper that sat on the nearest bar and handed it to me, holding it up for me to take it.
I quickly snatched it, my eyes scanning the newspaper while trying to not fall.

He then handed me his phone, showing me the different messages about it, all of them from different resources and mediums.

It was true. They all said the same thing.

My hand holding the gun lowered as I continued reading about his "banishment," about his "irrational state of mind" and about his planned "execution."

"I believe, no one knows about you and that child. Don't you think it should stay that way? If people knew about the child, they'll want her head and yours, no?"

Violet Eyes? No, this couldn't even be possible...right? He was the King, why would his people want to dethrone him? Him.

"Don't worry, he is still alive. A refugee, but still alive," Charles said as he leaned back against the balcony. I hadn't noticed that the guy that I had the gun pointed to had moved away, staring with widened eyes.

I tightened my grip on the gun, pointing it towards Charles as he cocked his head to a side. He sighed, crossing his arms while tapping his shoe against the floor.

"Father would be glad to see you, Natalie," he said, furrowing his eyebrows together.

"Am I even his daughter?" I asked, throwing the gun to the nearest wall. "I don't care about anything that has happened, I don't care about what you and him have done. I want my daughter,Charles. Give her to me."

I stared at him, waiting for him to say something in return. After a few seconds later, he smiled, walking towards me and standing before me.

***********

"Lady Natalie, would you like to wear the purple dress or the burgundy silk dress?"

I turned, picking up the burgundy silk dress without looking at the other one.

It would be a long night and now that Father was arriving, the whole place waited for his return.

I hadn't seen him since I arrived and now that he was, I felt just like how I used to when I knew him as my biological father, before all of the mess started. I felt nothing. Why would I be excited over a man who was never there?

Once dressed, the maids and I headed out, walking through the corridors and heading out to the pier where the celebration was being held. Ships with important guest were beginning to arrive, one by one, bringing expensive and odd artifacts that made you wonder whether they had stolen it or actually purchased it. Everyone here had their own dark side, everyone.

A hand waved towards my direction and I quickly recognized the owner of the hand as Doctor Gus. I hurried through the crowd, feeling relief every time I had the chance to see him.

"How is she? Is she okay?" I asked as I reached up to hug him.

"She became more stable around early this morning. She's taking everything in,including her milk."

He was one of the few people who was 'granted' permission to take care of "Charle's daughter," as everyone now knew her as. It was true. He had named her as his own child and on top of that, he only allowed few people to even see her per day. He kept her hidden deep inside his room which was highly guarded but rumors were that she had fallen ill.

"It was just a slight fever, nothing to be worried about," he continued, grabbing my arm.

"I need to see her," I said as I turned to look at him, trying to smile.

"Please, just wait a little bit more, you'll be able to see her," he said as we entered the white venue and from the looks of it, there were more guests than past events.

"Lady Natalie," a maid said as she gestured for me to follow. Turning one last time to smile at Doctor Gus, I followed her, cursing as soon as I saw Charles' face.

He turned, keeping his eyes on me as I sat on the farthest seat of his table, waiting for me to turn. He had his women sitting right besides him and from what I had heard, he was already married and with children who I hadn't even seen.

Everyone talked about the arrival of Victor Gallagher and about the surprise he would get once he saw both his children in the same place.
They talked about him as if he had done great things for them, almost like if he were a King.

The path in front of us began to part and in the middle, dancers began to appear, dancing their way around us and entertaining the crowd with awe.

He was already looking at me, even from being so far away. He was walking in with his own group of people, lifting his hand towards his waiting crowd. He looked the same...he looked just like he did since last time I saw him.

He stopped before our table, slightly bowing his head towards Charles but his eyes quickly shifted back to me.

"Welcome back, Father," Charles' said as he stood and bowed his head. Everyone seated stood and bowed, only I remained still on my seat.

He saw, coming towards me with hands behind his back.

"My youngest child will not stand to greet me?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Just when I was about to open my mouth, a group of children ran in through the same doors he had walked in, rushing over to embrace the man I had called father. He seemed delighted, kissing and embracing every child, in total, seven children. The mother's, who were the two women seated besides Charle, appeared as well, greeting the man.

"Father," Charle spoke as he walked down from his pedestal and headed towards the side where another woman waited for him with a blanket in her hands.

My body stood on its own, my eyes following Charle's as he and that woman got closer to that man.

"I would like to formally introduce to you my new daughter, Lisabeth," Charle's said as he took the child wrapped in fine clothing and handed her over to the other man.

The crowd began to hover over them, each and every single one of them wanting to see, to touch and hold the small infant.

How could I forget her face? How could I forget my own baby's face? She had her father's eyes.

My body began to move, dragging itself amongst the crowd while my eyes glued themselves on to her as she was being passed from arms to arms and every time it happened, it was as I was being stabbed across my chest.

"Natalie," Charle's whispered from besides me as he grabbed my wrist to hold me still. She was being thrown up in the air as music began to play and as the dancers offered her gifts. I could hear her cries, I could see her tiny arms begging for someone to stop.

"Natalie," Father said as he approached us with wide opened arms and hugged us both. "You've grown,Natalie. I would not have recognized you if they didn't say it was you," he continued as he stepped back, narrowing his eyes. Seeing that I was not interested in his words nor his presence, he turned towards what did, glaring at me from the corner of his eyes as my eyes filled with tears.

"Stop this. Stop this or I will set fire to every single one of you here," I said as my hands clutched on my sides.

"Why would you?" Father asked as his eyebrows furrowed, glaring at me to respond.

I looked up, returning the glare.

"I heard you got married. Question is, why was I not invited?" Father asked as he loosened up a bit, placing his hands inside his pockets.

"Don't worry Father, I was not invited as well," Charlie responded with laughter, causing the other man to break into a laugh as well.

"I also heard your husband was a wanted man," the man said in a mocking voice.

"We should get her a new husband,Father. He'll be dead in two weeks," Charlie said as they continued to laugh.

Two weeks?

"I'll arrange things," Father said as he turned and left, grabbing a drink from one of the waiters.

"You do remember what I told you, right? Your child will remain safe as long as you stay quiet. You cause a scene and I'll feed her to the dogs," he whispered into my ear. "If you try to do anything, I'll make sure you never see her again," he said, smiling before walking away.

I leaned against a table, dropping down to a chair as the people around me began to dance, drink and act like they ruled the world.

Her cries were loud enough for me to know where she was at and as I turned, I saw as the same woman who had been with Charle's handed her over to a waitress and left to dance. I quickly made my way around, seeing as the waitress began taking her towards the group of maids. The maids took her and began heading out.

"Stop! Stop!" I yelled as I ran, picking up the bottom of my dress.

The more I yelled, the quicker they walked out, and once outside in the open, a group of guards waited for them to escort them back. I recognized one of them, especially since he was the one I had held hostage.

"You can't come closer," he said as he saw me approaching and stood in my way.

"Please, just let me see her," I said, trying to move pass him. He then grabbed my arms and pushed me back, holding me still as the maids hurried off.

"I have orders that no one should get near that child, especially you," he said as he turned to see the maids turn a sharp corner and disappeared.

He released me soon afterwards, placing his hand on his weapon as a warning.

"I will hurt you if you get close to that child," he said as he backed away.

"Lady Natalie!" A voice said, making us both turn to see Doctor Gus approaching.

The guard bowed and left, glancing at me from head to toe before leaving.

"I must see my baby," I said, only to be stopped on my tracks by Doctor Gus.

"Not at this moment, you must not," he said as he tried catching his breath.

"Did you not see the way they treated her? No-wait! Please go, go check if she's all right," I said, trying to push him to leave. The doctor left, grabbing on to his hat from being blown away.

The streets were mainly empty and being next to the sea, it made it seem more darker yet peaceful somehow.

I walked along the shore, letting my feet touch the sand, not caring if the stupid dress got wet or not. Even if everything seemed so peaceful, my mind was certainly not.

How the hell would I get us out? Charle's had everything tightly guarded. I had no one except for Doctor Gus. I couldn't trust anyone and especially seeing that no one wanted to leave in the first place.

But...what had Charle's meant when he said about Violet Eyes being dead in two weeks? Crap. What if that was true?

I had to find a way to get us out.

*********
I walked in, finding the hall already filled with Charle's guests. Father had asked for my presence since early morning but I took my time, avoiding him at all possible times. He saw me from afar and seeing I wasn't going to him, he ordered the guards to drag me to him.

"Good morning Natalie. You left the party early last night," he said as soon as he saw me. "Since we couldn't talk last night, what about now? I have few minutes to spare," he said as he sat down on a chair and scooted another one next to him for me to sit.

I sat, involuntarily.

"I brought you a few gifts, would you like to see them?"

"I know you're not my real father. I know what you did," I said, taking my head back from his own. He looked shocked, then angry, then, I couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling.
He stood, laughing as he called for Charles.

"Poor child. Who told you that?" he said as he continued laughing. Seeing Charles appear, he waited for him with an extended arm while Charles already glared at me even before he got to us.

"She knows," Father said while smiling, almost sounding like a question.

"There's still some things she doesn't know," Charles said as he grabbed my arm and began dragging me to the center of the room.

"I have decided to auction my dear, baby sister for a night. Who has their money ready?" Charles said as people began to laugh, sarcastically offering the pounds of money they had with them, even the women offered their jewelry.

"We'll accept more than one and that's only because I'm being generous," Father spoke above the multitude.

People began to flock around me, ripping my clothes from all sides, even taking the jewelry I had on. I was left clutching on to my undergarments on the ground as fingers touched my skin, scratching and feeling areas in my body that made me feel disgusted and sick.

"It's settled! Take her!" Charles said as he grabbed my arm to stand me up and shoved me to walk.

Two women appeared besides me, grabbing my arms before taking me towards the doors.

Before I knew it, we were out in the streets, with all eyes on me as they saw the way I held tightly to the thin piece of fabric that covered my bra and underwear. Who knew where we headed, I had no option left than to follow the group who sang and was more than ready to have sex on plain street.

We got to a house and as soon as we entered, they, both women and men, began to undress, devouring each other even if one already had a partner.

I moved away, running towards the staircase on the farthest wall and headed upstairs. There were rooms filled with people who were already doing their business and every time I slammed their door shut, I could hear as they laughed from the inside.

A window! A window! I finally found an empty room with small windows in three of the four walls, climbing out as fast as I could. Since I was in the second floor and there was nothing else for me to climb down or grab on to, I jumped, stumbling down on to the ground.

I quickly stood, running as fast as I could as someone appeared through a window.

"Stop! Someone, hold that girl!" the woman at the window yelled.

I ran, ignoring the fact that I had not much to cover.

I saw at least two men come out through the main door, who knew if there were of them out here chasing me. I continued, running and bumping into everyone and everything.

"I'm sorry!" I apologized as I bumped into a guy, my face flushing as he turned and saw how I was. It was that guy from before, the one who I held hostage!

"What are you doing dressed like this!?" he asked, grabbing my arm.

"Let go! Let me go!" I tried to fight him but since I held on to the silk fabric to cover myself, I couldn't do much.

"Hold her!" A man shouted, the other men already heading our way.

"Please, don't let them take me, don't let them," I said as I grabbed on to him.

"Hey! Don't cling on to me," he said as he moved away, his hands hesitant to where to push me.

"We paid for her! She's our for the night," a guy said as he appeared and wrapped his arm around my waist, taking me off from the other guy.

"Do you have the papers?" the guy, who was dressed as some type of guard asked as he still grabbed on to my arm.

"Go ask Charles, no, go ask Victor Gallagher," the other man responded as he laughed. He reached down and kissed my neck, licking it after sucking on it.

I looked up at the guy in front of us as he looked on with a disgusted look on his face. He let go, turning to whatever it was he was doing before I had crashed into him.

He glanced over his shoulder one more time, just as I was being taken back to the same house.

They were already waiting for us as soon as we walked in and as soon as they saw me, a woman held my neck and took me to a weird looking chair.

"Sit down," she demanded as she forcefully sat me down. She then got down to my eye level, smirking as she moved a strand of hair from my face.

"Darling, you've been paid for. Until we die, we'll never let you go," she said as she licked her finger.

"Until you die?" I asked and a second later, her blood splattered on to my face.

Her body fell on to the floor, causing the rest of them to flee from where they stood.

I shot them, one by one, haunting them down before they were able to flee.
The people who were upstairs began to come down, running out as they saw the bodies on the ground without caring if someone still breathed or not.

No one was left...no one was left at all.

I hid in a corner, throwing the weapon far away from me as I slid down to the ground. I felt so broken...I felt so cold... I felt so...alone.

*********
The guards arrived in no time and once they had located me in the house, they handcuffed me, taking me out from the back door as they investigated what had happened.

"You're done," the guy who I had stolen the gun from said as he appeared. I knew he wasn't going help me when I begged him to, he was just like the rest of them after all.

"You noticed that I took your gun or did they tell you?" I asked, waiting for him to answer.

He glared down at me, shaking his head as he placed his hands on his hips.

"Take her to Charles and Victor," he snapped, moving back to let us pass.

People now looked on with a different look on their faces, they moved away as we approached them, even if there were feet already separating us. It was the same when we entered Charle's house; everyone stood in silence and with head turned to a different direction.

I was taken up where Charles and Father waited and from what I had heard, they had been interrupted from a very important business meeting.

They turned as we walked in, one seated behind a desk and the other one standing right besides the other. I stood before them with a brown towel covering my body.

My hands were still bloody, they were still stained from what I had just done.

"You are being accused of assassinating at least eight people,Natalie. Do you know what that means?" Father asked.

Funny. This all seemed like deja vu, with Charles seating down and Father standing over his shoulder...Just like old times...

"That I'm just like you?" I answered, wanting to laugh.

The doors behind us flew open and in came that guy, that guard guy. He bowed towards Charles and Father, raising his head after a few seconds.
He then lifted his hand, exposing a transparent bag with a black object inside it.

"This was what she used," he informed them as he kept his eyes down.

"Where did you get the weapon,Natalie?" Father asked.

My eyes slightly turned towards the guard who contained to look down. He met my eyes for some seconds before dropping his head back down.

"I stole it from one of the guards," I answered, shrugging at my answer.

"Are you aware of the importance of the people you just killed?" Charles asked as he rubbed his temples.

"Were," I answered, leaning my weight to a side.

The guard fully turned, his eyes rounding in confusion.

"You have left a pile of mess that not even the vultures would eat," Father asked.

"Then burn the pile," I said, meeting his eyes.

Charles leaned back against his chair, tilting his head to a side in thought.

"I must thank you Natalie. You took a rock from our path," Charles said as he chuckled.

Father clapped his hands together, placing his hand on Charles shoulder to turn him around to face him saying,"it's settled! It's a family business now."

"Should we give her more work to do? I think she'll be able to do it," Charles responded as he stood and came over to me, placing both hands on my shoulders.

"I never thought you could do something like that. Ever. You've grown Natalie."

I shrug his hands off, taking a step back as I looked into his eyes that glimmered with how excited he was about the whole thing.

"I won't do anything for you," I said, glaring not up at him.

"Hmm? Not even to see your own daughter? Every time you finish your job, I'll reward you with ten minutes to see that child, how about it?"

Animal. He was worst than an animal. He was sick and twisted. I killed those people in self defense...who knew what they would have done to me and here he is, all happy, enjoying himself as he's talking about killing.

"I won't," I said, heading towards the door.

"You'll get hanged for what you did, then. Remember, you did kill important people. What will happen to your daughter when she's old enough to walk? She'll be sold like a bag of wheat, sent to work for a piece of loaf. Do you want that for your child? How cruel Natalie," Father said as he appeared besides Charles, bending his waist a bit to talk to me at eye level.

"Don't you dare touch her," I warned, wanting to swing my hand across their faces.

"Then you have no other option. I'll have her killed in front of you before you die if you try anything against us Natalie. You know I will."

I couldn't move one single bit. Probably from anger, or for fear, but it was as if the four walls had gone smaller and taken the air from my walls.

Frustrated, Charles stormed pass me, out through the double doors without waiting for a guard to open it for him. He disappeared, leaving us alone in the room in silence.

What was this feeling?

A minute later, he came in with a bundle of blankets in his hands. He reached in and exposed a small foot, pulling the whole body out and holding the child from its foot. The child began to cry, crying for help and in pain.

I found myself on my knees and at his feet, begging for him to release the child. He moved the child as if it were just a toy, as if he didn't hear her cries. He laughed along with Father as I begged and cried, asking for him to stop his madness.

"Say you will Natalie and I'll release her," Charles said as he placed his hand cupping the back of his ear.

"I will do anything you want," I answered, stretching my arms up towards the child.

"Was that difficult?" he said as he just released his hand, dropping the child in mid air.

I quickly moved to catch her, clinching her tight against my breasts as she and I both cried. He and Father both walked out, saying "only a few minutes or you'll get attached."

I kissed her whole, apologizing every second I could while massaging her small, little, fragile leg. Her face had turned red from how he was swinging her upside down...my poor baby.

I hadn't noticed that guard who had seen it all, he was still standing in his same spot all this time. He lowered his eyes as I looked up to meet his, frowning as the child continued to cry.

"Why didn't you tell them it was my weapon?" he whispered.

I glanced up again but found myself unable to speak, dropping my head down into her stomach.

A maid walked in, abruptly bending down besides me and wrapping her arms around the child, literally pulling her from me. I fought back, pushing the maid away as she yelled for help.

"Get away from her! Get away!" I yelled as I went to a corner and fell down to the ground, shielding her from the maid and two guards who stormed in to see what was happening. The other guard looked on, letting them pull me apart from my own child until they finally did and left.

He took some steps towards me as he fidgeted his hands, running them up and down the sides of his pants, running his hands through his hair or cracking his fingers.

*******
We headed to the horse races where Father and Charles would be enjoying themselves at. I carried the brown suit case, holding the handle tight while keeping an open eye out just in case someone ran out from the crowd to take it.

"You'll remain calm,right?" Kal asked as he turned to the sides for any suspects.

I glared up at him, digging the handle into my palm until it began to sting.

Kal-that was his name. The guard who I held hostage once and the only one who knew about my child and the "deal" I had made with my brother and Father. He never mentioned or brought up anything from that day...but he knew I thought about it daily. From that time, I was granted permission to see my baby at least once and that was because Father was drunk and in a good mood. I've done everything they've asked me to do, even though there had been times where Kal had to finish the job for me.

Like always, Father and Charles remained surrounded by those who would "least be likely to stab them if they had the chance to." As soon as they saw us at the door, they signaled for us to walk in, standing us to greet me with a hug which I declined by stepping away.

"Until when will you remain angry Natalie? It's about time you join us for dinner as well," Father said as he frowned and sat back down.

I pulled up the suit case and opened it, exposing the rubies and the jades that we had acquired. With these many stones, one could do so much, like command death upon whomever they wished.

"You have been doing well Natalie. I think you finally earned yourself fifteen minutes," Charles said as he took the case from my hands and handed it over to a man standing behind him.

Fifteen minutes...before, it had just been ten.

"You may go," Charles said as he singled me off. I turned and quickly left, running as soon as I got to the doors.

I would finally see her again...I would finally be able to hold her.

Charles had her heavily guarded in the upper floors of the house and if it were like last time, I would have the maids literally count second by second my time with her.

"I have permission to be here," I announced as the guards let me in but the maids looked up with an annoyed look, especially Charle's third wife who was was considered her mother. Her name was Mila, I believed.

"Why does he insists in sending you over? Does he not know that the child needs feeding and rest?" Mila demanded as she placed the baby in the crib, standing in front of it to prevent me from coming closer.

"I'll slap the shit out of you if you don't move, now move," I warned, keeping my voice calm from how I really felt inside.

I had to physically move her away by pulling on her arm, throwing her to where the maids stood and watched by the side. They were ready to yell for help but from the look I gave them, I clearly threatened them not to. They hurried out, staying by the door and counting down the time.

"My baby," I lifted her up, kissing her hand as her fingers wrapped around my own. She looked at me in confusion at first but after kissing her hand, she smiled, almost making me burst into tears. She had definitely grown, more than how I thought...she wore a gorgeous pink dress, with matching shoes...my precious baby. And her eyes! They were wide open and glimmering...with her father's eyes. What had happened to Violet Eyes? And the boys? Yeah, I worried but they were them. Knowing them, they would be fine.

"Natalie," a voice said from the door, making me turn with child in arms."Leave that child and come. We have work," Kal said as he stood in the doorway.

"It'll wait," I snapped, giving him my back again.

"Let her,"Mila said as she walked in with an incredibly stupid look on her face. "We'll be leaving soon so you'll never see that child again."

Leaving? Charles hadn't said anything! Nothing at all! The maids, they hadn't gossiped about that and they gossip about everything in this town!

I kissed the baby, placing her back down in her crib. If I could...if it were true, I wouldn't allow him to take my child. Over my dead body!

"Stop! Natalie! " Kal yelled as I walked out but instead of following him, I went the other way, heading straight to where I had been before going to see the child.

I could hear Kal yelling from behind as he followed through the crowds and as I made no desire to stop.

I stormed in without "asking for permission" to enter, I just went in without caring who would be in my way.

"You sick bastard. Did you intend to take her away without me knowing?" he had his acquaintances over and based on their looks, they were astonished to see their leader's sister dressed in guard clothes and speaking in such manner. Charles stood, coming my way with an embarrassed look on his face.

"Stop this at once," he whispered as he grabbed my arm and took me to the doors. "Do you want to lose your tongue?"

Kal appeared at the doors, bowing his head in an instant.

"Don't you dare do that Charles. "

"Are you threatening me? Me of all people Natalie?" he laughed as his grip tightened.
"Don't make me actually do what you said I would do," he said as he threw me to a side, making me crash right into Kal's body. Charles then kicked us out, personally closing the doors right in front of our faces.

"Natalie-"

I spun and left Kal talking to himself again, demanding for me to stop. I continued...until my feet touched the cold waters of the sea.

It didn't take him long for him to find me sitting, watching as the waves moved this way and that way, as the water took some of my armor back into the waters.

"I'll handcuff you next time you run away like that," he said as he stood next to me with hands on hips. Seeing no response from me, he sat down a feet away, looking out towards the ocean that stretched for miles.

"Charles will really kill you next time you do something that stupid," he said.

"Why are you still here Kal? Why haven't you left?" I asked as I dug my bare feet into the sand.

"I've been thinking about it recently, about leaving that is. It's not easy for you to understand but like I said before, everyone here...we're all alike. I have my problems and if I were to leave and go somewhere else, I'll easily get prosecuted, unlike here. We're all sinners and robbers Natalie, that shouldn't surprise you. If money and power ain't involved, we won't be able to live like how we do."

Money...

"Kal."

"What?"

I got on my knees, going closer to him as I tried to put my idea together.

"Kal, help me escape. Help me leave this freaking place."

He leaned his body away from me, starring at me with narrowed eyes.

"Are you hearing yourself?"

"I'll repay you everything once we're out, I swear it, I swear it."

"Why would you want to leave? Do you know how difficult it is to even get in? To locate this place?"

He did not just ask why...

"I can't stay here. I have to leave, I have to go somewhere where Charles and my father won't find me. "

"And where would you go?" he asked, crossing his feet towards him.

I couldn't possibly tell him...it wasn't that I trusted him like a friend and I hadn't thought of the possibility of him going to Charles and inform him about my plan.

"And the child?" he asked with waiting eyes as if he had already suspected. "Is she yours?" he asked.

I lowered my eyes, trying to avoid his. He knew, didn't he?

"She's all I have," I whispered, sitting back down besides him and looking towards the sea.

"You aren't planning escaping with her,right?"

"Help me Kal. I'll do everything you ask. If Charles wanted, he could have killed her for how I stormed into his office and caused that scene. I didn't think it through...I just...wouldn't be able to live if he hurts her."

"Well, for starters, you'll need money to buy a boat to take you to the nearest Capitol. You'll also need money to bribe the guards at the gates. Being you, you'll have a harder time leaving this place," he said.

And that's where crap got complicated. I had not even a cent...

"If I help you, I won't be doing it for free, you know that,right?" he asked as he stood. "Think of a way to get that money and once you have it, let me know," he said as he waved his hand in the air as he turned to leave. "I have some pirates to deal with and don't forget, you still have work to do."

Work? Work where we had to kill and take everything those people possessed?

I had to take my baby out of this place...one way or another, I had to get that money.

********
Shit, Kal was just walking in with full armor on, probably not knowing what this whole thing was about. As soon as I had convinced Charles and Father, they decided to throw a party for the occasion, calling all of their acquaintances to celebrate.

I hid amongst the guests but everywhere I went, I was greeted with sugar-coated words and fake smiles, making me stand out amongst them.

Charles was greeting him, with Father arriving next to talk to him. I watched his face...ah, there it was. He seemed baffled about it, glancing to the sides as he finally realized what was going on.

He wanted money and money he would get.

"Natalie!" Charles called for me as he noticed me off to a side. Kal turned, his face turning red as hell as I approached them.

"So it's settled. You'll be marrying tonight," Charles said as his "friends" congratulated him for his sister's engagement with his top commander.

"How dare you," Kal threatened as he got closer to me, placing his hands on my throat.

"You wanted payment, didn't you? I gave you power and money, just what you wanted," I said, trying to breathe from how tight he was holding my neck.

"Marriage? That's all you came up with? You should've tried a little bit harder," he said as he let go, slightly pushing me.

Father appeared besides us, congratulating us followed by other people who just came up to us and gave us gifts for our marriage.

Kal didn't speak to me at all, obviously still angry about what I had gotten him into but he still signed the papers. He still walked shoulder-to-shoulder with me as we greeted our guests, thanking them for our lavish gifts but I think by now, he was already thinking at which price he would sell each gift.

"What's wrong lady Natalie? Already thinking about the wedding night?" Catherine Brown asked as she and the rest of the ladies around me laughed.

I know what I did was wrong but...what else could I do? I wanted to cry for my stupidity, for missing Violet Eyes so terribly much at a time like this. He had his own problems and I'm sure he would everything he could to stay alive. And the boys, they were his responsibility as well, he wouldn't risk moving if one stayed behind. Would my plan work? Would we be able to leave?

"Doctor Gus!" I quickly stood as soon as I saw him and ran to him, hugging him.

"Lady Natalie."

"How is she?" I asked, grabbing his hands.

"She's well," he answered, half smiling.

"What is it?" I asked, already beginning to worry.

"Should I congratulate you in your marriage?" he asked, making me feel twice as crap as I did now. Wait a minute...

"I need to tell you something," I said, taking him to a side where no one would hear us. I told him my plan with Kal, asking him to come along with us now that we had a way out.

"I wouldn't want to risk your plan," he kept on saying, getting nervous for the both of us.

"It'll be fine. Kal will tell us when and when it's time, we'll take the baby and leave."

"There's something else you must know about that, my lady. Lady Mila wants to take her to Poridge with her in two days. She's planning on staying there until the child grows."

"That's why, we must leave as soon as we can. I woud never leave you behind."

"Thank you for thinking about me," Doctor Gus said as he kissed my knuckles as tears filled his eyes.

"I'll meet you tomorrow and let you know when," I said as I reached up and kissed his cheek, heading back to the group of women.

"Lord Kal," a lady said as soon as I got there, making me turn and take a step.

I turned, seeing Kal standing next to me as the ladies, even old, fluttered around him. His new title had gotten him new fans and hormonal women who wanted to bed him instead.

He placed his hand on my shoulder, tightening it as he pulled me up.

"Lord Gemo has gifted us a house, wife. We should get going," he said as he began to pull me.

"We'll be staying at the main house," I said, pulling my arm back.

"Natalie," Charles called from behind us. We turned, trying to pretend nothing had just occurred. "Finally, a man I can trust to take care of my little sister."

"I will," Kal responded as he bowed his upper body.

"My,my Natalie. You really surprised me today. I have to stop seeing you as a child, I should remember that," Charles said as he reached out to touch my cheek. I pulled away, glaring at him and at his hand as he still held it up in the air.
He slowly lowered it, glancing from Kal to me as he narrowed his eyes.

"Enjoy your night,"he dryly said as he left.

"He'll be watching us," Kal whispered as we followed Charles as he sat down on his chair above everyone else and looked at us with the same dead look in his eyes.

*******
I detangled my wet hair with my hands, unaware of when Kal had walked in. We ended up going to "our" new home which was fully furnished when we arrived but now, it had nothing whatsoever. That stingy bastard had sold everything, only leaving a thin mattress for me to sleep in and a blanket.

"I'll be keeping the money I got for the furniture as payment. The money we get from Charles and your father, we'll use it for our ticket out," he said as he sat down in a corner.

"What about my baby?"

"I had two guards following me on my way back, I presume they're following orders from your brother. It'll be more difficult to leave and take the child without them noticing."

"We'll also be taking Doctor Gus with us," I said, trying to continue with my hair.

"Why?"

"You'll have enough money to get us all out. Why are you complaining?"

"Why am I complaining? Do you think it will be an easy thing?"

"You know the ways out more than anyone. There has to be a way to get us all out."

"Leave the doctor or the child. Pick which one you'll take," he said.

"I'll be taking both. I won't leave one nor the other. "

"Someone won't be making it out," he said as he crossed his arms.

"We'll all make it out now shut it. We'll we leave tomorrow?"

"We'll wait," he said, getting comfortable in the corner. "I have some business to take care of first."

*********

By the time I had woken, he was already gone, probably gone back to his home since there, he had a comfortable bed with probably someone waiting for him.

He had allowed me to keep two pairs of dresses, surprisingly. At least I had something to wear for two days.

Kal stormed in, throwing dark clothing at my face as soon as he took a step inside.

"Wear it. You still have work," he said.

I stood, stretching the clothes to see what it was.

"What's this?!"

"Remember who you're married to now. We still have work to finish," he said, sounding nervous, almost stuttering his words. He seemed...off? Why did he sound nervous?

"I'm not doing it," I said, throwing the clothes back to him.

"Yes, you are. As soon as we're done, we'll be leaving," he said as he threw them back at me and headed out, massaging his neck.

I had no option left than to put the stupid uniform on, heading out with him.

"How will we leave? When and where?" I asked as we walked through the Main Street.

"Just wait," he growled, turning side ways to face me.

He remained quiet the rest of our way, not even informing me that we had debts to collect, debts that were for some reason important to Charles. Kal handed me the papers, the money, the jewels...it was my job to give them to Charles afterwards. At least two were killed...all because they had few scents missing here and there. Kal didn't speak to me at all and even if I did, he would just nod or shake his head. There was something wrong with him today. Was he nervous about getting us out? He was commander and Lord now, why would it?

"Natalie," he called from his tent where he had his "office" set up for this job. He signaled everyone to leave, turning to face me once everyone had gone out.

"Take all of this," he said as he gave me a chest full with the things I would give to Charles. "At seven, wait in the northern library of the main house. He'll meet you there and you'll give him the chest. Afterwards, wait fifteen minutes, the doctor and I will meet you by the southern road in Jeckson. From there, we'll head to the gates. "

Gates? Had I heard wrong? Hadn't he said that we would first get a boat to get to the gates?

"How far is it from the gates? " I asked, watching as he rubbed his neck, just as he had done before back at the house.

"Not far. I'll head back first and tell the doctor. We'll take the child and wait for you there, do you understand? Do not leave the library until the fifteen minutes had passed."

"Why? What will happen during the fifteen minutes?"

"After the fifteen minutes, you'll be able to run," he dryly said as he looked away, glancing down at a piece of paper on his desk.

"Finish collecting everything else. I'll head to the main house in an hour," he said as he turned away and called his assistants back in. I watched as he discussed with his men and everything he would catch my eyes, he would quickly look away.

I headed out soon afterwards seeing that I was just taking up space and did everything else I needed to do. My job was to kill if I didn't get what I had gone for and being that they were difficult people to start off with, I had no other option left then to do it.

"Who's next?" Emilio asked as we headed to the next house which was by the way, a good mile away. We walked the whole way, surprised to how close it was to the ocean. The mansion sat above a hill, perfect for when the tides rose on to land.

I knocked, already wanting this to end.

I knocked again, hearing voices from inside so I knocked again.

"If you don't open up we'll walk in uninvited," I said, hearing someone get to the door. The door swung open and as soon as I met the woman's eyes, she tried closing the door on my face. The soldiers besides me marched right in, pushing the woman towards the nearest wall as the rest ran around searching for more people.

"You! You of all people!" she said as the soldiers pinned her even more against the wall.

"Senator Miah, I'm not even surprised you're hiding here," I said as I ordered the soldiers to let her go.

"Take anything valuable," I ordered, seeing as the woman smirked and laughed.

"You're worst than a whore, you know that? Tell me Natalie-oh, better to say, my Queen, how does it feel to not be called a Queen anymore?" she asked as she sat down and continued to laugh, crossing a leg over the other one.

"I have you and those dogs of the council to thank," I answered.

"Have you heard? Your King has been killed, stripped into little pieces by those dogs you just referred to. Those boys who ran behind him were-"

Before she had a chance to continue, I hit her on her cheek, throwing her off from her seat. She fell on all fours, quickly resting her hand up to her red cheek.

I grabbed her hair, pulling her head up to look at me as I pinned her against the chair, grabbing her hand just as she was about to lay it on me.

"I'll think twice about doing that," I said as she stared with widened eyes. "Why did I not know you were here? I would have come to visit you."

"You bitch. How dare you do this to me. Charles will find out about this, he'll skin you alive for this," she said before I grabbed her jaw and tightened my grip.

"Lady Natalie," Emilio called as he appeared with the other guards and three other people. I smiled as I stood and headed to them.

"You seemed surprised, council members. Boys, let's give them a welcoming party," I said as I looked up to Emilio.

The soldiers quickly tied them all against a chair and in a circle, cursing at them-at me for even existing.

"Take everything that might seem important," I told them as they ran around the rooms for everything valuable.

"Once we get out, Victor will have you hanged," Council member Federico said.

"Do you think you're getting revenge for what happened to your husband? He died like the animal he was," the other council member said.

"Have you taken everything out?"I asked Emilio as he passed by with a basket full of papers.

"Yes. Everything was placed outside," he answered as he headed out.

I reached into my pocket, taking out my weapon and shooting two straight in the heads, leaving Senator Miah and Council Federico who screamed and yelled to be released.

"You're close to my brother and father, ain't I right? You must know about the testaments,correct? Where are those testaments?" I asked as I walked around them.

"He has them, he has them both! Please, let us go!" Senator Miah cried.

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

"His children-they have a piece, each one of them. They have it," Federico said as he spoke above Senator Miah.

His children?

"He gave it to them inside a silver bangle located on their left hand. He placed inside there so no one would suspect a thing," Federico said as he cried.

Now that I thought about it...how many kids did he have? Seven? And from what I could remember, they did have a silver bracelet on their left wrists. No, it couldn't be possible to fit the testaments there! Oh no.

My baby had one as well last time I saw her.

"Let us go! Let us go!"

"We'll tell you everything!"

Bang. Bang.

There was a long silence afterwards, a silence that made me realize what I had just done to those four people. Some of their eyes still remained opened...looking on with sadness and frightened.

"Shall we go?" Emilio asked as he appeared at the doorway.

"What time is it?" I asked, remembering what Kal had told me.

"Six thirty."

I would have to head back soon...to be there at seven. This would be all over once we were out. This will be over...

************
I walked in with chest in my arms. It had gotten heavy from the things we took from the Senator's house but he would be happy with everything we got him.

"Where are you going?" A guard asked as he and another one blocked the door of the library.

"Is this the northern library? I was commanded to wait for Charles here," I said as I opened the chest and showed them everything I had in there. I could see the desire in their eyes to reach in and touch, I saw the look they gave one another before turning back to me.

I reached in and grabbed two things, handing it to them.

"Now open the doors," I said and they did as fast as their bodies allowed them to. The room itself didn't look like a library as Kal had called it. The room had two windows but they were covered with stone that only allowed light to come in through small holes. I searched for a light to turn but only ended up finding candles. The guards had closed the doors after I had gone in, making it harder to see.

There was a small desk at the farthest corner along with a chair, few broken shelves and books but nothing as to how I imagined it. Oh. At least there was a small clock laying on the desk.

Seven o'clock.

I sat down...realizing how familiar this all felt...
I had a strange sensation ever since I headed back to town and now...it felt like that day when I got the letter from the maid and...Nathan died.

"Hello?" I called as I heard something clatter on the ground outside the doors. The doors began to move, but no one walked in. I headed to the doors, my blood speeding up as I found them locked. I tried to pull them but being heavy, old style wooden door, there was no one I could even open them with a kick.

I screamed and banged on the door, trying to get someone to hear me. Why would someone lock the doors?!

I had to remain calm, it couldn't possibly be something bad, would it? No, I had to leave, I had to escape, I had to meet Kal and Doctor Gus.
I continued, using the chair to try to break the doors open.

Seven ten.

Where the hell was Charles?! Was he the one who locked me in here!? And Kal?!

Seven fifteen.

My body froze as I looked at the clock with dread...

The whole ground began to shake, throwing me off to the ground as everything else inside the room shook. It wasn't like an earthquake, it was explosions. I knew those bastards quite well.

I ran to the doors, kicking them with all I could and yelling for help.

Fire?

Shit! The candles!

The flames were starting to consume everything as if everything in the room had been sprayed with gasoline, quickly burning even the floors. It was like an old fashion oven, especially since the walls were made of stone.

I pushed my body against the doors as I covered my mouth, trying to prevent from smelling the smoke that was beginning to darken the room.

"Is someone in there?" A voice yelled from outside. I quickly banged on the door, screaming for someone to open them.

The doors flew open and on the outside, a group of soldiers stood along with maids and once they saw the fire, they quickly ran to get something to put it out.

I crawled into against a wall, trying to catch my breath as I saw them running through the halls. There was a commotion and it was not because of the fire.

I stood and headed out to the main street where people ran from house to house, running in desperation and cries.

What had happened?

Most houses had their roofs completely blown off, others had blooded faces and clothes...
I continued running, running with my lungs already killing me.

Had there been an attack?! It must have been from someone inside, it couldn't have been someone from the outside.

"Jeckson, am I in Jeckson? " I asked an elderly man as he was passing by me.

"Yes," he yelled as he covered his ears.

Was it the southern street? Road? There was only one street so I followed it until I got to nowhere, just an abandoned house. Was it there?

"Hello?" I called out as I entered, stopping abruptly on the doorway as I found a pile of bodies on the ground.

I slowly got closer...realizing who they were...Emilio? And the other soldiers who I had been with not even half an hour ago! They had their throats sliced open, their blood covering the floor around them.

Who...would have done this?

I searched the outsides, hoping to find something that could lead me to Kal. This was the place, there was nowhere else, there was nothing else around it.

What if he stayed in town? What if he was caught?

I hurried back to town, only to find it worst than when I had left.

I headed to the main house, going straight up towards the rooms and as soon as I got the first floor, I was stopped by guards, preventing me from going in.

A body was being taken out of the room, the body half covered and pale.
I pushed the guards away, taking out my weapon and pointing it straight at their faces, even to the other who carried the body.  They quickly backed away, keeping their hands up in the air as I kneeled besides him, my shaking hands reaching for his pulse.

He was alive.

"Doctor Gus, Doctor Gus," I called for him as I softly shook his body.

He slowly opened his red swollen eyes, crying as soon as he realized who I was.

"Kal, he took her. He took the child," he whispered as he grabbed my hand.

...

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let it happen," he said as he apologized again and again. I signaled for the guards to take him as I stormed to upstairs, pushing everyone out of my way.

Charles stood in the room, along with Mila, Father and their guards.

I walked in, heading straight to the empty crib.

"Where is she?" I asked, my eyes opening and closing, hoping she would appear.

No one answered, not even one word.

"Where is my daughter?" I asked, my body still frozen and paralyzed inside and out.

"Gone, probably already dead," Charles responded.

*********

Kal got off the boat with his bag strapped across his shoulder and with the sleeping child in his arms. He didn't even know if he was carrying her right, as long as she didn't cry, that's all that mattered.

It was raining, slowly but hard. He had made it out without any problem whatsoever, thanking that he had gotten the title of 'Lord' just the previous night before.

He headed towards the only lit inn,  the only opened one at such hour.

He quietly walked in, taking in every person's face and body language. It wasn't full but it wasn't empty, it was the perfect time of the day to make dirty deals.

He was told to head upstairs where they would meet him in private, so that he did, holding the child tightly against his chest.

He knocked on the door and waited, looking down at the child as it opened her eyes.

"Come in," he was ordered.

He stepped in, turning his body slightly to a side to show them he had come armed just in case they decided on killing him afterwards. There were two men standing in front of him and another one sitting in a chair with legs propped up on the table by the farthest corner. He had a beard and black clothing, his eyes clearly disapproving of him being there.

"Here, our part of the bargain," the man he had spoken to before, one of the two men standing before him said as he handed him a pair of keys. "Everything is inside the car. Everything you asked for."

Kal hesitated, cocking an eyebrow up.

"Just like that? You do have a chance of this child not being who you think it is. I could have brought another child instead," Kal said as the man who was sitting down began to laugh.

"I have my men standing outside ready to kill you as soon as you walk out, that is, if you failed with your job. You brought Charle's daughter?"the man dressed in black asked as he stood.

There was something dark, malicious, about that man and from what he had heard, he was not someone who could be played, even by someone as great as the commander Kal.

Feeling like it was time for him to leave, he placed the child on the floor, gently resting her head against the cold ground. As a young child, he was sold just like how he had sold the small girl, never to see her parents again. She would grow up and be sold again...all for money.

Kal stood, glancing one last time towards the child. He had done what he did to save his own skin, not caring if he had separated a mother and a daughter forever. He was offered a solution, an escape to live as comfortably and luxuriously as he liked, so, why not?

He knew he was a miserable man but...at least he had taken her out from that hell she had been bound to grow in.

"Follow him," the man dressed in black ordered just as Kal walked out, closing the doors behind them and leaving the man alone with the child.

He stood around it, looking at it with narrowed eyes. His expression was hard and concentrated, making him look older than how he actually was.

The child opened its eyes, looking straight at him before yawning and moving her arms up. She then lifted her hand up to her mouth, sucking it as her wide, open eyes continued to stare up at him.

He then bent down and grabbed her, putting her carefully in his arms as he headed towards the opened window to close it shut, the sound of it startling her and making her cry.

He let her cry, he wanted to hear her cry.

He sat back down on the chair and prompted his feet up on the table, pushing the chair back on to two legs as he began to rock back and forward, slowly, to ease her crying.

She found comfort in his chest, taking her not even minutes to fall back asleep. He held her closer, putting her down on his chest, just underneath his chin, using his arms to warm her.

The two men from before walked in but stopped at the doorway, surprised at to what they were seeing. One approached the man sitting down, keeping his distance as he looked at the child.

"How will we know it's the child?"

The man sitting down chuckled, massaging the child gently on the back.

"She has my eyes," he answered as he ran the back of his finger against her warm cheek, smiling as the child unconsciously grabbed on to his finger.

"Your mother will be furious when she finds out," he whispered as he kissed her on the head.

*********
12,394 words! Feel proud of ya self!^^
Little reunion time \(^.^)/

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

11.8K 642 33
unique is a 17 year old Who gets bullied by everyone at her school because she's on the big side Or her mom and grandma always told her she was beaut...
20.9M 612K 66
| COMPLETED | Highest Ranks: #1 in Teen Fiction (06/11/17) & #1 General Fiction (07/22/17) | When Amaya receives an acceptance letter to her dream c...
84 39 20
An occurred situation make their love unholy
474K 9.1K 51
She made a promise. One that she didn't realize would be so hard to keep. ...