Teen Titans: The Eternal vs...

By enigmaascension

* A/N - This Fan Fiction takes place from about Season 3 to Season 5 of the Teen Titans TV series. This is a... More

The Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Epilogue

Chapter 4

8K 131 8
By enigmaascension

(Robin's POV)

The team and I were outside the infirmary, keeping watch on the girl. The more I thought about it, the more I felt I was piecing her together. 

Trauma

I couldn't help but come to the conclusion that she's running from something, dying to be hidden away, desperate to find a place to hide every bit of brokenness she's trying to mend.

"What must we do with the girl when she awakens?" Starfire wondered aloud. 

"Why doesn't she stay here for a while?" Cyborg smiled. 

The monitors on our screen in the living room went off the charts all of a sudden. The team froze in fear, as did I. What's going on!?

"I'll check on her. Stand outside," I ordered, running towards the infirmary doors.

(Amber's POV)

"It's a great day out, isn't it?" asked Clark. We were looking for hidden generators. If I wasn't so distracted with my current problem, I might have found the dumb generators somewhere.

I felt as if I were being watched. I had been feeling it for a while now. 

This didn't make any sense. I'm just someone from the now dead planet of Krypton wanting to settle, just like Clark. So why does he want me?

"You okay there, Amber? You seem tense," noted Clark. Oh, great. Now I have to put up my best acting skills just so he wouldn't have any suspicion.

"I'm fine, I'm just really focusing on finding these generators, you know?" I replied. I added a fake smile to my act, trying to sound convincing. He sighed and gave me a smile back. Whew. What a relief!

"About that...there are no generators. I brought you here to talk. And you won't get away with your secrets. So what's going on?" he shot the question out.

"It's nothing, really. Nothing's wrong, Clark," I said. I began to feel nervous, because he knew, and I knew, that my behavior wasn't up to par.

I took a sharp glance throughout the whole park. Nobody was here....

"Amber, you know your act will NOT work with me. I'm not naive. You seem much more reserved. You jump at anything within a five foot radius from you. We're family. You're supposed to be able to confide in me to help you with whatever you go through." 

I guess it's time to say it. Well...here it goes.

"Well...the reason I didn't tell you sooner was because-"

Clark was suddenly hit with an uppercut, sending him flying to the ground. My jaw dropped in shock, wondering who the culprit was. I turned very slowly to see Lex Luthor standing behind me.

"Hello there, sweet Amber. How delighted I am to see you again," said Lex. I gulped in panic and backed up, only to have Clark pull me back behind him.

"Stay away from her! This is between you and me!!!" Clark's anger flared before him. His eyes lit with neon red heat vision and shot at Lex. Lex's suit had no damage done. Instead, he pulled out a stone of an emerald hue.

Pain shot throughout my body, leaving me to fall to the ground. I felt someone hurl me about thirty feet away. I looked up to see it was Clark who did it. I was about to get back up and run to him, in pain and all when he stopped me.

"Amber! Just stay there! Don't move!" he yelled. I didn't want to listen. 

"No! This isn't your mess to clean up! It's ME he wants! COME AND GET ME!!!!!" I screamed loudly.

Lex only chuckled at me. "My apologies, Amber. But this is just a reminder, or need I say, warning, of what happens when you don't accept an offer by me."

Tears were starting to fill my eyes. "Please don't......just....LEAVE HIM ALONE!" I shrieked. 

"I'm sure you will learn your lesson after this," he whispered venom.

Since I had just been exposed to Kryptonite, I couldn't use my powers, so I jumped to my feet and sprinted as fast as I could to keep him from hurting Clark. But I was too late. He raised the Kryptonite stone into the air and plunged it into Clark's chest.

"NNNOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!" my screams seemed to go on for miles and miles of echoes in my head. All over the park....

Lex stood before me and looked down on me. "We shall meet again, Amber. And I suggest you make my capturing you fun. Obviously you are too stubborn to give up. Run. RUN!" he taunted.

He had already taken off in his stupid suit when my knees gave out. My chest was heaving as the tears welling in my eyes finally trickled down my face.

This is all my fault.

I reached in to Clark's pocket and retrieved his cell phone. I found Bruce's number and dialed it, trying to stay calm. 

"Bruce Wayne," he answered. I sobbed a little, losing my control. "

Amber, is that you? Why do you have Clark's phone? What's wrong?" he asked. 

"Lex...Luthor...he k-knows who we are. He w-warned me t-to run...and stuck K-kry-kryptonite in Clark's chest. He needs help!!" I screamed.

"I'm on my way. Get him to his apartment and wait there until I arrive," he said. He hung up, leaving me to get Clark to safety. I hoisted his arm up on my shoulder and I made my way home, running as fast as I could with the effects of Kryptonite still active in my body.

I made it in what seemed like forever. I was shaking violently from what I had just seen. My eyes averted from the floor to Clark's face. He looked like a corpse. 

My hand felt the pulse on his neck. It was too slow. I need to help him before I really do lose him. What do I do? What do I need to do?

My mind scrambled for a way to help him when I suddenly had it.

I plunged my hand into Clark's chest and grabbed the Kryptonite stone. Holding it alone drained me of energy, and increased the pain by more than I could ever imagine. I felt faint, weak, and like black, bone impacting bruises were all over my body. I threw the stone across the room, sliding towards the ground in a haze of unconsciousness.

~

"Amber...Amber, wake up."

My eyes fluttered, and quickly snapped open, taking in the face hovered over me.

Bruce had shaken me awake, telling me he would take Clark back to his place. He offered for me to go with him, but my mind was already made up. I stayed in the apartment and waited for Bruce to leave with Clark. After that, I packed a small duffel bag and sat down to write a letter.

'Dear Clark,

I'm so sorry for everything that I've caused. I'm leaving. I can't be here and endanger those I hold dear to me. Goodbye, and thank you for everything you've done for me.'

I shot up, my head throbbing in disturbance. Small wires were on my temples, and tiny sensors were under my neck. I ripped them off and threw them to the ground, getting up quickly.

I was in Jump City, but all I was able to remember was the panic attack...

I looked down at my outfit, the same one I had on earlier. The fight...

I heard the door to this room open, triggering my instincts. I flashed to the other side of the room, my eyes ready to shoot white hot heat vision.

It was Robin who entered the room. He saw that my bed was empty. I sped back and was right behind him. He sharply turned, most likely noticing I was there. Impressive instincts.

"Whoa. Hey, take it easy. I'm not here to hurt you. It's okay," he said reassuringly. My heated eyes cooled, fading back to my honey brown eye color.

"Where am I?" my voice was weary. "You're in Titans's Tower. You passed out because you had a panic attack after taking down Cinderblock. How are you feeling?" he asked.

So this is their home. Well, a small part of it. I smiled politely at Robin.

"I'm fine, Robin, thank you. I really appreciate it. Now I think I should leave," I said quickly. I didn't realize that I blurted his identity out without his introduction to me.

I brushed past him and was about to open the door when he lightly grabbed my shoulder and turned me to face him. His face alone held questions full of curiosity.

"How do you know me? And how did you obtain your powers?" he asked me in confusion. Just when he asked, the door opened, revealing the rest of the team. They too seemed curious to know more about me.

"I'm Amber Zar-El. I worked with your old partner a few times with Kal-El, and he mentioned you and the team."

Robin's, along with the team's faces were surprised to be hearing this. "Kal-El...." Robin wondered aloud. 

"I'm from the now dead planet Krypton, as for explaining my abilities to you. I'm known as Supergirl, thanks to Kara being okay with me using her heroine name."

Robin's face held understanding, "You're related to Clark and Kara Kent?"

"Yes. Clark took me in for a little while. Next thing I knew I decided to come here."

Robin and the Titans looked welcoming. They stuck their hands out. 

"Well, here's a welcoming to Jump City, Amber. I'm Robin," he said. I smiled politely, laughing lightly, "I know who you are."

I shook hands with each one of them. It turns out the cyborg's name is actually Cyborg, Raven is the girl in the blue-violet, Beast Boy is green, and Starfire has fire red hair.

"Do you need a place to crash? We can make some space in one of our rooms," said Beast Boy. 

Guilt washed over me, but I quickly masked it, "That's okay. I appreciate what you've done for me, but I should probably leave."

"Please," Robin gently grabbed my upper arm, "You've helped us out a lot today. If you're new to town and haven't found a place, the least we could do is let you stay here."

I sighed, nodding with a faint smile, "I'll stay as long as I take the couch."

He didn't argue with my request.

The team was leading me to the living room, quite a spacious one actually, when it hit me. 

"Oh no!!! I left my stuff in my bike!" I realized. 

"Do you need us to come with you to get your stuff?" asked Robin. "No thanks, I'm fine. I won't be long." I ran to the front door, I assumed, and sped off to find my motorcycle, not before Robin spoke again.

"Take the secret passageway on your way back. I'm sure you'll be able to spot it with your X-Ray vision."

~

It was now dark outside, presumably around 9:30 p.m. My motorcycle was in the same spot I left it, without a trace of any sort of invasion.

My hands frantically searched for my key, and luckily, I still had it in my jacket pocket. I retrieved it and stuck it in the ignition, turning on the engine.

I forced the motorcycle to roar to life and sped back to the tower, quickly spotting the secret passageway with my X-Ray vision. 

After about five more minutes of riding through it, I seemed to be riding in a dark tunnel, before it formed a garage.

"Nice ride," Robin smirked as I stopped my motorcycle next to his. 

I felt my face stretch out in a small smile, "Thanks. I got it before I left."

We went inside, towards the living room. Cyborg and Beast Boy appeared to be playing a racing video game. I sat next to Beast Boy, admiring the cars as I recalled past memories of down time playing tons of video games.

"You game?" asked Beast Boy. I nodded in excitement, "Sure."

For the next hour or so, I played against Cyborg and Beast Boy. I began to feel tired and ended up falling asleep, completely warm and comfortable as I sank into the couch's cushions. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.1K 1K 42
A young girl dreaming of a life different to her own gets ripped away from her reality into a world of death, destruction and deception. This story f...
645K 32.4K 24
โ†ณ โ [ ILLUSION ] โž โ” yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader โ” yandere helluva boss x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, a powerful d...
99.3K 2.8K 33
เผŠ*ยทหš To which a ballerina challenges a martial artist, who'd win? *You'd answer, The martial artist. But what if the ballerina wins? how is that poss...
27.9K 670 25
With now knowing that Adrien is in love with Scarlet, Marinette becomes distant from the YouTube Singer. Scarlet finds this a bit odd but continues w...