Epilogue

Hello everyone! Here it is. The Epilogue. This is basically the last snippet to "Titans Together", along with my stuff in the mix. I'll write a quick author's note at the end, and reveal what I've wanted to share with you all.

Enjoy!

(Amber's POV)

Everything felt extremely heavy as the intense dream seemed to end. My limbs were limp. My eyes felt sore. I felt as if I were about to wake up from the deepest sleep of my life. Is this what a coma is like? Sleep hadn't come to me in a while, so I wouldn't know for sure how long I've been out. It feels as if it's been forever.

My eyelids fluttered, and slowly opened, revealing everything in a haze. As I blinked several times, everything came into focus.

I'm in the living room at the tower!

I sighed, sitting up carefully as I took it all in. everyone's here. The Honorary Titans, my teammates.

Speaking of teammates-

"Amber!" I turned around, and was taken into a death grip of an embrace by none other than Robin.

"Ow, ow! My ribs are a little banged up, Robin. Be careful," I warned him, referring to the tenderness of my ribs. Pulling away, he took my face in his hands, and brought me in for a kiss.

If I thought it was intense before, this was all over that.

"Wait," he started, pulling away, "you never say anything about tenderness like that. What happened?"

In that moment, it hit me. It was still fresh in my mind. I could literally feel remnants of the fire inside me, dull compared to how it really felt.

I shivered at the prominent memory, and focused on the masked eyes in front of me, "There was fire. I remember being staked, straight in the heart. I should have died," I started. I felt my eyes sting briefly, but I forced the tears back.

"Then what happened?" Robin held my hands as he looked me in the eyes.

"I thought I was in hell. I woke up somewhere else, and I was burning. I remember wanting to die because of the pain, but it wouldn't let up. It was just so much fire and then I woke up. But I feel different. That stake should have killed me," I said. My body feels off. I can't pinpoint it just yet, but something's different.

"She's got a stable heartbeat. She didn't have it before," Cyborg commented, monitoring me with his arm.

What!?

"Wait...she has a heartbeat? How? She's a vampire," Robin objected, with confusion all over his face.

I should be a vampire, but in all honesty I didn't feel like one. I tested out my hearing and vision briefly. My eyes could see very clearly, and my ears could hear pretty far away, but my eyes and ears aren't as sharp as they were before and after I was a vampire. I'm somewhere in the middle.

"I guess we should find out what I am," I shrugged.

Robin grabbed a blood bag, and opened it up for me. Using the attachment as a straw, I sipped on the blood, expecting it to taste sweet, as usual. However, I think my taste buds had other plans.

I quickly spit out the blood as the bitter salt of the blood's iron overwhelmed me.

"Ew! Gross! How did I like this stuff before? It's disgusting!"

Laughter sounded out in the room. Robin however, remained serious.

"Take off your daylight ring and walk over to the window," he suggested. Nodding, I stood up, and slipped my ring off my finger. I handed it to Robin, and walked over to the window hesitantly, afraid to feel that bitter burn on my skin.

Slowly, I let myself be engulfed in the sun's rays, shutting my eyes as I did so. Please don't burn, please don't burn, please don't burn...

"I should be burning by now. Something's not right," I said out loud, with closed eyes. I heard a gasp, and footsteps stalking towards me. A hand caressed my face, and then grabbed my hand. Its thumb traced circles on the back of my hand, causing me to open my eyes.

Robin was standing there, smiling at me like he's never smiled before.

"You're not a vampire anymore, Amber," he grinned.

Wait...what?

"I'm not?"

"No."

"Then what am I?"

Do you know what happened to me? I thought. He nodded as he received my telepathic message.

"You're human. You're not immortal anymore," he smiled.

You're human. You're not immortal anymore.

"Just to be sure..."

I grabbed my knife and sliced my palm open, watching as the blood on my left hand flowed out of the open wound. Had I still been me before vampirism, I wouldn't have been hurt at all. Robin grabbed the gauze and medical tape that Cyborg was ready with, wrapping my hand up quickly.

That echoed in my head so many times I lost count.

The intensity of my own emotions set it straight. I'm human.

My jaw dropped, but he quickly shut it as he kissed me, causing my heart to beat a whole lot faster.

"Yeah, she's human alright," Cyborg teased, making me blush as Robin kissed me happily.

We were rudely interrupted by the klaxon in the tower. We turned around, and watched the screen as Dr. Light attempting to cause drama, again.

"The Dr. Light?" Starfire asked.

"Somehow, that doesn't surprise me," Raven said.

~

The six of us stood on a rooftop, watching as Dr. Light was out in the street.

"Maybe we ought to show him who he's up against," Cyborg suggested excitedly.

"He's totally going to freak this time," Raven smirked. I laughed, agreeing with her, knowing that was true. Dr. Light has always underestimated this team. I think it's about time we show him what we can really do.

Surrounding us Teen Titans were all the members of the Honorary Titans. Dr. Light's jaw dropped open as he caught sight of all of us staring him down like a piece of meat.

He's definitely freaking out.

Robin grabbed my hand, and smiled at me, earning him a wide grin. This is the way it was meant to be. Fighting crime, living life to the fullest without the pain. I have a life to look forward to. I'm seventeen years old, and I'm young. I can keep training, keep fighting. This is what I do. This is what we do.

"Titans, go!" Robin ordered. Holding his hand still, I jumped off the roof, and felt even more alive as adrenaline pumped through my veins. My blue black hair whirled around me as we were free falling towards Dr. Light.

I got the life I've always wanted. I got my fresh start.

The End

Author's Note:

And there it is. The end of the story. Thank you all for reading, commenting, and adding my story to your libraries. It made my day to see those little things. Thank you for your support as I took the time and effort to write up this story. I've been writing it for more than two years now, and with lots of revision, and lots of time and effort, I finally finished it. Thank you guys, so much. You have no idea how much it means to me that you've all taken time out of your day and read this story. I put my heart into this story, and I hope you can all see how passionate I was to write it.

Happy Reading, everyone!

-Chris