Chapter 44

I will say this, be warned, the chapter will be a little more...PG-13 as you read on. So please, take this note seriously if you're sensitive to PG-13 stuff. I won't give anything away, but I will say this, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Enjoy!

This is what would fix everything. I'm better off gone, once and for all.

It's better this way. I belong dead, I thought. 

Feeling the familiar burning of my flesh, I saw the fire erupt, consuming me in the flames as I took deep breaths. It was as if I tuned the pain of it out. There would be no pain.

Not anymore.

(Robin's POV)

Once I was fully healed and up again, I was ready to look for Sparrow, and hope to make things right with her. I knew what had happened was a misunderstanding, an accident.

I would have headed over to her room, had it not been for her thoughts reaching me. That's when I took off sprinting towards the roof, all while barking out orders to the rest of the team. If I don't get to her in time, she'll be in ash form by the time I reach her. 

How stupid was I, to have been confused all this time? I was afraid of what she could do on a bad day and I was ruining things for us. I wanted her, really wanted her. This is my second chance. 

Now I just have to keep her from killing herself.

I burst the door open to the roof, and scanned the entire area as quickly as I could. She was in her usual spot, the spot she had to stare into the horizon and watch sunrise and sunset, only this time, she stood there, arms spread as if she were about to spread wings and fly. She stood there, now on fire fro sun exposure...without her daylight ring.

My heart pumped hard and fast as the adrenaline fueled my entire body, mind, and soul. I sprinted to the point where I couldn't feel my legs pushing as hard and as fast as I could go. My lungs burned as I took quick, rough breaths.

She's become a big part of my life, a part that must be set in stone. I didn't want her to leave. I didn't want her to die. I honestly didn't know what kind of future we could have together, because she lives with immortality, but I knew I wanted to make it work. I don't know what will happen. What I do know is that I want her in my life.

That's what pushed me to tackle her off the roof, sending us free falling towards the ocean. I spread my cape and wrapped it around us, instantly putting out the fire that spread all over her body.

She couldn't break free of my hold, and she didn't when Raven swooped in, through her raven form, and teleport us into the darkness of Amber's bedroom.

I held onto her tightly as my heart drummed quickly, taking deep breaths to stabilize myself. 

I had so many questions to ask her. So many thoughts, so much to say. Only one thought, one question, one phrase crossed my mind in this very moment.

"Robin," Raven's raspy voice sounded out throughout the room, and there she was, standing in front of us, holding out the daylight ring I spotted on the ground before I tackled Amber off the roof.

Unraveling ourselves, I separated from Amber, slipped her daylight ring onto her hand, and finally took a good look at the damage the sun caused. The burns were clearly evident, but she was healing, and staring at me with anger in her eyes. 

"You..." She coughed dryly, slowly moving her body until she faced me completely.

By now, the rest of the team was in the room, staring at us in absolute shock.