The Road to the White House

ThisDutchKid

David is the 16 year old son of democratic candidate for president, Marley Adams, which puts him in the spot... Еще

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
A/N I
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
A/N II
Chapter 18

Chapter 19

43 6 4
ThisDutchKid

A/N

Helloo, first new chapter after like months. I know that's really bad and I am so sorry. After the election I was not into the story anymore. I will try to make this story great again :) I have a new cover by lizzielizzie_love. Check out her book covers, they're great!

Please vote, comment and share!
X

19th of june,142 days til the Election

David P.O.V.

Jason. Jason McCallister.

The high whine..

That's definitely Anna.

Anna and Jason. I don't even know what to think.

Before a proper thought forms in my head I just start giggling, because in some way this is like the most cliche thing ever. The best friends goes at it with the new friend.

I slowly move away from the stalls and get back in the darkness of the club. I sit down at the bar, still laughing. Then the bartender says:

''You seem to be having a good time, can I get you something?''

''Actually you can, a beer.'' I respond.   I might just as well try to get some alcohol when he asks.

"One coca cola life coming up" he says with a wink.

Ugh.

●●●●

20th of june,141 days til the Election

Gerald P.O.V

"Sir, I have a call for you"

"Can it wait, Miranda?" I respond

"He says it's very urgent, Sir."

"Right" I take the phone.

"Is this Gerald, Adam's campaign manager?"

"Yes" I respond.

"Sir, we need to meet. I have information that you want. The frontier mall in an hour." Says the voice on the other end.

"I'm sorry, this is not some kind of spy movie. You are gonna have to give me more than this. Information regarding what exactly?"

"The attack on Mrs Adams and Johnson's involvement. It's very urgent. You will forever be sorry if you don't show up.

Really Gerald. Come"

After that the demanding voice dies out and is replaced by silence. Strange call.

We do get these calls all of the time, but somehow it feels strange. This call at this moment. It just doesn't make sense.

Maybe these claims werent just mud throwing by Fox news. Maybe, just maybe there actually is something there.

I don't really get time to think about it, because suddenly Marley and Matt Johnson, our security manager, enter the room with someone I don't recognize.

'Gerald, this is Ms Belch from the FBI. She is leading the investigation into the shooting.' Marley says.

My eyes encounter a pair of grey,cold and colorless eyes. Well she is certainly not too soft for the job, Jesus Christ.

'Nice to meet you, Ms Belch. Are you getting somewhere with the investigation?' I say politely.

'I cannot say anything, apart from that we haven't arrested anyone.

I just want to know whether you have any information that might help..' She responds calmly. Straight to the point.

'Well, I did just receive a weird call. Someone said he had valuable information about the attack. He wanted me to come to the mall in an hour.' I say.

'Really, someone called you?' I literally see Ms Belch rolling her eyes. She obviously does not care.

'I literally just put down the phone minutes when you entered.' I say.

'I am not sure this is very serious, Gerald.' Marley says.

'But..' I try to say.

'I agree, a lot of people make calls like this for fun.' Ms Belch interrupts. The two women nod in agreement.

I just nod, it's clear to me that my opinion regarding this issue is completely irrelevant.

'Do you have nothing else interesting?' Matt says.

Ugh, what a prick. Never liked him. Certainly not after his 'security' fuck up in Bismarck.

I just shake my head, while giving him an angrly glare.

'If there is something that would actually help, you can call me.' Belch says while handing her card.

After that the two women and Matt leave the room with decisive steps.

My assistant Miranda looks at me with a smirk.

'Quite the trio, Sir'

I sigh and say: 'You could say that'

While I watch them walk down the hallway together, the thought of this mysterious caller spooks around my head.

'Miranda, I am going out for a walk to get some fresh air. I will be back in an hour or two.'

'Yes, Sir. Enjoy your fresh air.' She says with a smile.

We both know that's not what I am going out for.

●●●●

David P.O.V

As I wake up I see that Jason is already up. He is not in our shared room.

I hear some breakfast noices coming from the suite. He is probably out there.

He is at the table, when I get in. He is smiling from ear to ear.

I decide not to be cranky and be nice to him. He kinda ruined my night yesterday by leaving me alone. He didn't do it on purpose though.

'Had a fun night, have we?' I say with a smile.

'You could say that, man. It was pretty great.' He says with a smirk.

'You're such a pig.' I say while slapping him on the back.

'I don't care, I got the girl.' He says laughing.

And we laugh about it, together.

●●●●

Gerald P.O.V.

I stand here in the mall, waiting. Waiting, for someone I don't even know.

It's quite busy here. This mall is crowded with people. I am standing on the ground floor.

●●●●

I am not even sure someone is going to come up to me, maybe Ms Belch was right. Maybe this is a joke after all.

I'm just starting to think about leaving, when I see a man walking up to me. He walks strangely.

This must be him. This is him.

I actually feel myself tense up.

This might be a big step forward in finding whoever attacked Marley, our Marley.

'Hello, Sir.' I say lightly shaking.

'Good... Good..' He tries to speak out loud. His face gets red and his eyes start to twirl.

'Are you ok?' I say while looking over the guy. 

His knees are weakened too bad. He goes down, to the floor.

I kneel down and try to stabilize him. People start running towards us.

'Mr John.. Johnson' he manages to say. 'What about him' I ask.

'He is in on it....he is in on it.'

One sound, one last sound. Only heard by me.

After that his eyes close.

Never to be open again.

A/N

What information would the man have given if he lived? Describing his death is hard, but I tried.
A time jump is coming up in the following chapters. The election will be a lot closer. I hope you liked it. Please vote, comment, share and follow! Love you all. Still sorry for the long break.
X

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Class Prince I.J Hidee

Подростковая литература

13.1M 435K 41
When Desmond Mellow transfers to an elite all-boys high school, he immediately gets a bad impression of his new deskmate, Ivan Moonrich. Gorgeous, my...
I'm a Costello _crazy_hooman_

Подростковая литература

4.1M 88.1K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
My baby girl sugarmy187

Подростковая литература

508K 14.6K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
kilian [21+] Angelangel

Подростковая литература

152K 878 27
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...