Heroes || A LOK Fanfiction

By MissPrima

Republic City. The great city that rose from the Fire Nation Colonies. Dakota Lee believes she can finally be... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
*Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Rewriting
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Note
Chapter 37

Chapter 26

1.3K 45 45
By MissPrima

^^Me Too^^

"I shouldn't have let you go" Korra says sharply as she bends the water around us. We were currently at the bottom of Yue Bay, making our way where the rally is.

"Don't make this your fault, I chose to do this Korra, it's not your fault I lost my bending" I say.

"How are you able to walk? Other people who lost their bending were down for weeks" Mako asks, confusion in his voice.

"Just because I can't bend anymore, doesn't mean I'm useless and weak" I say a little too sharply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I pull Mako's scarf higher up my face, hoping no one would know who I was. While Mako and Korra entered somewhere else, I danced through the crowd, hoping to get onto stage.

"Thank you all for joining me on this historic occasion! When I was a boy, a firebender struck down my entire family and left me scarred. That tragic event began my quest to equalize the world." Amon says in the mic, making me laugh quietly to myself.

At my side, was Grandpa Sokka's boomerang, hidden under cloth.

"That's a lie, Amon! Or should I call you Noatak?" Korra sneers.

"Everyone calm down, we have nothing to fear from the Avatar. Let's hear what she has to say." Amon states as I grow closer to the stage.

"Amon has been lying to you. The spirits didn't give him the power to take people's bending away. He uses bloodbending to do it. Amon is a waterbender!" Korra accuses.

"You're desperate, Avatar. Making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort." Amon cackles.

"Your family wasn't killed by a firebender. His father was Yakone, and his brother ... is Councilman Tarrlok" Korra states proudly as the crowd gasps.

"Hmph, an amusing tale, but I will show you the truth. This is what a firebender did to me." Amon states as he shows off his scared face.

As Korra tries to convince the crowd, Mako shakes his head, meaning I should get out, but I keep going. "

"I wouldn't leave yet, Avatar. You'll miss the main event" Amon smiles before clicking a button. Out of the floor arises Tenzin, Grandma, Ikki, Jinora and Meelo.

"No..no" I whisper horrified.

"Tonight, I rid the world of airbending, forever. Along with one of the most powerful earthbenders" Amon smirks.

"Amon! Let them go!" Korra cries as I sneak under a barrier.

"You're welcome to come down here and try to stop me." Amon smirks.

While Korra yells back, I jump onto stage. "Father! Stop!" I call out, hoping he'll stop.

He freezes, before turning around slightly "You must still be seeing things, after all, it hasn't been all that long since I've cleansed you" Amon smirks before grabbing Grandma.

Suddenly, a bolt of lightning hits the stage, causing people to scream.

An Equalist charges me, and I raise my hands to strike him with water, but I remember I'm no longer a waterbender. Frowning, I grab the boomerang and I slam it into the mans face before kicking him.

I reach Grandma, who I untie. "Darling" she whispers, holding my face "He took your bending..oh no no no" she says before pausing.

Turning, she slams her foot into the ground. An Equalist flies off screaming. "I'm trying to have a conversation here! Geez" she sighs before grabbing my arm and yanking me with the others.

"Korra, I'm going to go with Tenzin and Grandma, I'll keep them safe" I say as we enter a hallway.

"Alright, get them out of here, good luck" Korra says before running off with Mako.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we have Pema and the baby, we sneak out of the rally.

"Mika, can you build a bridge to Air Temple Island?" Tenzin asks as I lean agaisnt him for support.

"You got it" she states before taking a breath. Just looking at the ocean, the floor of it rises into a bridge. "Let's go!" she states before taking me into her arms again.

We all walk across the bridge, Grandma destroying the parts behind us, to make sure no one follows us.

Just as we reach the island, a shot of pain goes through me. It was different than being knocked out, electrocuted, and even losing my bending.

It felt like I was dying from the inside out.

I let out a cry of pain as I fall onto Grandma.

"Dakota? Dakota!" Tenzin and others say around me. The feeling of Korra's emotions are gone, and are filled with pain. "What's going on Mika?" Jinora asks, her voice distant.

"When Dakota was a child, she was very ill, and Korra's spiritual connection with water and the spirit world led to her recovery...Amon must have broken it" Grandma mumbles, rushing towards me.

I let out another cry of pain, falling to my knees as pain throughout my body. My bones felt like glass, my skin was paper and my organs were pins.

"Please..make it stop" I cry out. I was sick of all of this pain. When would it end.

The last thing I see is Grandma's tear stricken face before everything turns white.

The white that surrounded me slowly turned into an image.

In front of me, stood a young girl, yet her hair was white as snow. Covering her body was a white dress, that flowed like wind was hitting it, yet there was no breeze.

"A-Am I dead?" I question, almost wishing the girl would say yes.

Her face softened "No, Dakota, you are in between life and death".

"Who are you?" I ask, causing a smile to form onto her face. "My name is Yue, Princess Yue, and I am the moon spirit" she states, my eyes widening in surprise.

"Then why would you be controlling if I live or die?" I question yet again.

"Dakota, when your connection with Korra broke, you died. You were suppose to leave the physical world. But, I simply can't watch another member of Sokka's family die. You're so young, and powerful" Yue says before smiling brightly.

"I'm not powerful" I sigh, looking down "I've just been standing behind Korra. I'm her lapdog, her sidekick".

"Dakota, Korra might have kept you up and alive, but you made use of that time. You walked and did something with your life" she states before grasping my hands.

"I could always send you back into the physical world, but you would be too weak to live a nice life." Yue frowns.

"What are you suggesting?" I ask, making her squeeze my hands.

"For centuries, the moon spirit has hidden in the sky, or in a pool of water" she whispers "But now, there's a chance the moon spirit can walk on the earth...you".

"Me?" I question, my voice quiet.

"Yes, Dakota, I would share my spiritual energy with you, healing you. While I would keep balance in the spirit world, you would keep balance in the physical world. While you wouldn't be as powerful as the common spirit, your water bending will be restored, along with becoming even more powerful" Yue states, making a smile form onto my face.

"Do you except this offer Dakota?" she asks, making my hands squeeze hers.

"I accept" I whisper as her cool hands move to my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's the little dipper, even though it's still big" Korra explained as I shot up from the bed I was in.

Gasping, I looked around. We were on a boat and above us was the night sky, along with the full moon.

"Dakota? Oh thank the spirits" Korra says as her arms wrap around me. Korra quickly stands up, clearly excited. "I'm going to go get the others, stay here" she says before rushing off.

Getting up to my own feet, they carry me to the bow of the ship.

I felt...alive. A feeling of touching a life wire shot through my body, making me lurch forward. Grasping the edge of the ship, my head looks up at the moon.

Then, from out of the moon, floated down Yue, who glowed even more profoundly in the physical world.

Her ghost like hands cradled my face yet again, a smile on her face. "Are you ready?" she asks, her voice soft.

Was I ready? Was I to become apart of the spirit world, to hold the power of the moon?

Looking back into her blue eyes, I shook my head firmly before saying "I am".

Her figure vanished, causing the moonlight to shine on me. "Dakot-" I heard Korra's voice behind me along with the patter of footsteps, but it stopped at the sight.

My body slowly lifted into the air, until my feet barely touched the ship.

I closed my eyes as the moonlight shined me with its power. A small smile formed on my face as the light spread through my body, making it seem weightless. I felt healthy, a feeling I thought I knew, but now, I know I was truly feeling it for the first time in my life.

"You are connected" Yue spoke into my ear as my body floated slowly to the ground.

"Is this what happens to waterbenders during full moons?" Bolin asks, making me smile slightly.

Raising my hands into the air, I took in a heavy breath. Around me, I felt the power and the wake of the water around me. Lifting them up and down, the waters waves slowly increased, and decreased, becoming more powerful with each movement.

Then, like Yue's skin, my own skin glowed as my waterbending was increased to the highest level.

With the rise of my arms, water rose to the edges of the ship, before crashing back down into the ground.

I turned, looking at my family as my skin returned to it's fleshly state.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 568 13
Katara regrets being with everything. Seven years after the war ended, Katara is the fire lady of the Fire Nation. She finds however she's miserable...
326K 12.8K 72
Ba Sing Se. The great Earth Kingdom City. Mika Lee grew up surrounded by the lies of her family and her Kingdom. But things change once the Avatar a...
2.5K 64 18
Hi!!! This is just for like a few days until Katara's healed! If you don't know, read my last book, the trip to Gaoling or something like that. It co...
43.5K 1K 48
When one legend ends, another rises from the ashes. Join Ryu the right hand man of his best friend Korra who is the Avatar. Just like his grandfather...