Hollows In Time (✔️) | 'Hollo...

__queenly__

'I heard screams. They shattered my eardrums, I just didn't know that they would shatter my heart too. I spa... Еще

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
♔ CAST LIST ♔
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred: Part One
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Two
Chapter One-Hundred: Part Three
Epilogue
♔ THE THIRD BOOK ♔

Chapter Three

20 4 0
__queenly__

_________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
_________________________________

23/08/16
Twelve months and two weeks ago

The police station was teeming with nosy officers, trying to hear the whispers about the missing teenager who returned after five months. I brushed them off, and ignored any human contact with people I didn't have to respond to.

I was immediately led to a room with two different officers, whilst someone at the desk called my parents. I was about to be questioned.

"Are you fit for questioning?" One of the officers asked me as the recording started. They wanted to record this. Damn, I was going to have to pull out my best acting abilities—and I have none.

I was put on parol for a few minutes and I managed to answer each question accordingly, making sure they all related to my cover story. But then one question stumped me.

"Did you ever see your kidnapper? Hear them? Would you be able to identify them?" The questions were shot at me like silver bullets and it took me a few minutes to compose my answer. I controlled my story; there was no one else here that could make my story sound suspicious or false—it was my story.

"They'd spend most of their time on the phone," I started—your story, Sky, "Maybe they had a whole group of people." I shrugged.

One of the police officers leaned in, "So, female or male kidnapper? Did you ever see them?" There was that question again. I let out a shaky breath, and hopefully they would pass it off as post traumatic experience nerves.

"Not really, when I could see my vision was all foggy; I think they drugged me slightly," To be honest, I could just merge all my past experiences into one; all the attacks, I mean—I was drugged by Eden and her friends when I was taken only a few hours ago. I could do this.

"And–I'm pretty sure the initial kidnapper was a male, I faintly remember a males voice and the hold around me was very strong." I stopped my babbles. "But there was a female—I remember hearing her voice."

"Where were you this whole time? Do remember any venues, specific places, towns?" More bullets. My stomach churned. Acting abilities, Sky.

"I was in and out of the boot of a car, I spent most of my time in warehouses, or at least that's what I thought—I didn't even know I was in a shed earlier until the cloth on my eyes were taken off and I could see." I kept lying and lying and lying. One of these days, I'm going to turn into a lie.

The police officer on the right leaned over and switched off the recording. "Thank you for your time, Miss Forest, but I think we should try the questioning again another time, maybe you'll remember more." He told me and I nodded, not trusting my lips after all those lies had slipped through them.

I was led through multiple corridors, and I ignored all of the curious looks I got. Now it was time for my checkup. The nurse had me shower and, if I wanted, shave before she saw me. Coincidentally, this helped my story along. I was already clean and I had already shaved. At least I wouldn't have to lie about how I acquired my silky smooth legs.

Once clean, I had to endure multiple tests that all came out with healthy results. But, in order for my story to be followed through, I'd have to find one of those Guardians who were acting as police officers to fake my records—say I had multiple bruises and scrapes or something.

I was dismissed from the hospital with a full bill of health, to the nurse's surprise, and I dodged any officers who would take me to my parents when they first arrived. Somehow, I'd have to find a Guardian. That's not hard when you're in the academy, but out in the 'real world'? Well, I'm screwed.

Then suddenly, I was tugged to the side. I let out a squeal as stumbled into someone, but immediately shut up when that someone turned out to be a Guardian. How did I know? Because it was Kate.

"Kate?" I could barely believe my eyes as they widened in disbelief. "You work here?" I asked her next but she shook her head.

She held up a form, "I just had my interview, but I will be working here, yes." I looked around us, but no one was interested in a teenager hiding in the shadows.

"You're confident," I mused, then, without waiting for a response, I went on to ask, "Do you know my story yet?"

Kate shook her head, "I don't have the tape, but there are two Guardians who work in this field," Kate began rummaging through her pockets, "They'll review your tape and give me and the other guardians all of the information we need to forge your records and back up your story if we have to." Kate explained, and finally found what she was fishing for.

She handed me a sheet of paper, "These are the Guardians that you have to look out for if you're ever in trouble," I nodded, taking the sheet from her hand and quickly tucking it in my pocket, "But make sure you're discreet, we don't want anyone drawing links between you and these Guardians." Kate continued to talk in a low voice, aware of all the people around us who could potentially hear.

Once she had told me what she needed to, her expression softened slightly. "How are you?" She asked me. Wasn't that just the question of the day.

I shuffled around on my feet for five seconds, "I'm not sure." I told her honestly and she nodded.

"You'll fit back in right away," She reassured me confidently, but I doubted that was true. "You won't have to make any new friends, and you have all of your stuff waiting for you back home," Reaching out, she placed an awkward palm on my shoulder and squeezed, "You'll be fine." She assured me before excusing herself and walking off.

I sighed; now there's only one more thing to do—meet my family. I wasn't sure who would come to collect me, maybe both of my parents, maybe just one, or maybe the neighbour from next door.

And so, after asking the receptionist where they'd be, I made way out of the corridor and into the lobby where I'd meet my parents for the first time in five months.

I nervously played with a strand of my hair as I neared the lobby double doors. I backed into the wall to breathe for a minute or two. Am I ready? I was wearing my school uniform—since I had to look as if I had been kidnapped—and because it was currently the summer holidays, I looked more than ridiculous walking through the halls. I patted down my hair, trying to calm the locks that I wasn't given a chance to dry with a hairdryer. I probably looked like a walking wasteland. But I had to do this.

I sidestepped back into the middle of the corridor and continued my walk of shame. I reached the the double doors. I couldn't see my parents. I took a deep breath and pushed open the door. The creak gave me away, and two heads snapped up at the sound.

In all sixteen years of my life, I have never seen my parents so happy. They both shot up and my mum did a beeline straight towards me, her usually tied back dirty blonde hair trailing behind her in a cascade of natural waves. Her hair wasn't as blonde as mine; it held an undertone of brown that had me wondering how on earth I got sunshine blessed locks. Her face was free of makeup, but jaded with stress marks. I had honestly never seen her look more humanely beautiful. She embraced me and held me in a bone-crushing hug, her fingers brushing my hair out gently.

Looking over my shoulder, I watched my dad join us—he looked like the polar opposite of the businessman he was in a sloppy combination of jeans and, by the looks of it, a probably two day old white t-shirt. His usually gelled back dark brown hair was unusually dishevelled and unkept, only being swept to the side by his fingers.

I squeezed my eyes shut again as he joined the hug. How did I not realise how much I missed them?

We all pulled away—my mother's jade eyes were teary, and my father's silver orbs were wide with amazement.

My mum threaded her fingers through mine, "Are you okay? Are you hurt?" She shot at me worriedly and I smiled.

"I'm fine." I assured her and she pressed her palm to my face as a tear slipped from her eye.

Out of the corner of my eye, something, or someone, shifted. I glanced around and felt as my heart stopped when my eyes landed on her.

"Alexi?" For the second time today, I couldn't believe my eyes. But then she grinned at me. I tore away from my parents and ran into her arms, letting her pull me into her arms just as my mother had.

It's a strange feeling—not knowing where your home is—but knowing these people are here, I think I'm somewhere in the middle—I'm somewhere in a world where people you know are your home and people you once knew are the reminders of a home you lost.

________________________________

Well said, Sky

I mean me

Haha

Hi it's me Sky

And Jameson
And Carter (rip)
And Avery
And Cassie
And Saph
And Angela (rip)
And Alexi
And Eden (f you)
And Harry (you're just as bad)

I just have like this personality disorder idk

It's like choosing clothes

Like

Oh wow it's like Thursday who do I want to be today

Oh you know I think I want to like cry over nothing

Let's be Sky

Lol ha #comedy

Or like

Oh I wanna be irrelevant and annoying

Time to be Carter then ha

#roastingmyowncharacters

-toast

_____________________
Next update: sometime soon/Wednesday
_____________________

CHAPTER FOUR SPOILER:

This chapter continues on from where chapter three left off.

And it's equally as heart-wrenching/warming.

Sky finds herself stumbling back into her old life.

But get your 'I have trust problems' cap on, because there are some things that our protagonist just sometimes can't see.

And that's not just a chapter four warning.

(Maybe she's blind idk)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Charlie and Dia Aamenah

Любовные романы

525K 29.2K 26
Introverted Charlie never expected to gain the attention of Dia, the chatterbox on the train, and he certainly wasn't expecting to fall in love. *** ...
417 64 19
𝓐𝓷 𝓞𝓹𝓮𝓷 𝓔𝓰𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝕆ℕℂ 𝟚𝟘𝟚𝟙 : 𝕊𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕 ℝ𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 ℚ𝕦𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕚𝕖𝕣 °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°° This is for Open Novella Cont...
To Slow a Treacherous Heart ✓ thedrowningfishi

Детектив / Триллер

258K 8.4K 43
[Book I of the Heart Series] ❝I'm sorry Ryan. But I will never love the face of my parents killer.❞ ❝You can't, or you won't?❞ *** Quee...
70.1K 2.4K 25
Haunted by memories, a thief reluctantly leads a group of survivors to escape a city filled with horrors. But the journey isn't easy. Desperate stran...