The stars are burning bright...

By CANDIxSKI

More

The stars are burning bright [ jacob black story 02]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 03]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 04]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 05]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 06]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 07]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 08]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 09]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story 10]
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {11}
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {12}
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {13}
The stars are burning bright [jacob black story] {14}

The stars are burning bright [ jacob black story 01]

5K 30 8
By CANDIxSKI

PLEASE COMMENT TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK :)

I groaned almost silently-but still hoping my mother would hear-as we pulled into our new home's driveway. I shook my head as I got out of the car. The house was ancient. It looked like it could of been around a hundred years ago. Not to mention it looked creepy. It was a tall white two-story house, but the dark sky portrayed it as something sinister and evil. And despite the white appearance, it looked almost black next to the cloudy sky.

"Hey look Teg," my mom spoke in an way to cheery voice, stressing my nickname-hoping it would lighten the mood. I looked over at her, for the first time during the whole ride to see what she was talking about.

"Look at what?" I asked annoyed, not noticing what her finger was pointing at.

She grinned, "Ha ha, you talked to me!"

I rolled my eyes at her and turned around, "That's so juvenile, Mom."

She laughed extremely loud, "I'm the juvenile one? If I don't remember correctly..weren't you the teenager who tried to sneak in at three in the morning last week?" I muttered something under my breath. I didn't care if she heard me-I just couldn't think of anything to say-so I mumbled. She didn't understand. She never would understand. Why did she have to keep bringing up that night anyway?

I couldn't stand it.

I couldn't stand her.

When we stopped in front of the house I immediately jumped out. I needed to get away from her. I was about to go crazy. I pulled a few bags from the back seat and looked around me. Everything was green. Too green. Where were the sidewalks and stores? Even the houses were spread entirely too far apart. It was nothing like my old home, back in the city where the houses were practically piled on top of each other. Squeezing in so that there was room for more people. No-this was different in the extreme.

I walked into the house and inhaled deeply. I wrinkled my nose instantly. It smelled faintly like moth balls and an antique shop. I shook my head quickly, trying to shake the smell out. However, it did not work. I wound my way across the huge living room and towards the stairs. I still did not understand why three people needed such a enormous house. There were five bedrooms and four bathrooms. This was seriously ridiculous.

At our old house there were only three rooms and one bathroom. You could say that this was definitely a drastic change. I turned around as I approached the stairs. I glanced at my mother who was struggling with a huge box. My instincts told me I should help her. I should take the box from her-or at least help her carry it. But, I didn't want to, not at this particular moment at least. I was mad. No-I was pissed at her. I'd lived in that city my entire life and she made us move...here. Of all places in the world.

We had to move to La Push.

I quickly bounced up the stairs before she could ask for help. She would be lucky if I ever spoke to her again. Besides...that time in the car. That was accidental-not to mention-she tricked me.

I looked around the rooms and finally decided on a fairly large room-not the biggest though. I was going to leave that for my mother. I don't know why though, considering I hated her right now.

It took over three hours to get completely settled in. In my room at least. I helped some downstairs-but I tried to do as little as possible. I didn't want her to think I was over the fact that she made me move here. I laid down on my bed and shut my eyes tight. I instantly thought of my friends back home. I wondered what they were doing at this exact moment. I bet they weren't even sorry to see me leave. I knew Stephen wasn't. No he definitely wasn't. He was free now-to do whatever he wanted...

I felt the tears swell up in my eyes. It stung to think about that. To think about him.

Please. Please. I begged myself-but it was too late. The thoughts were already flooding back into my head. No matter how hard I tried and didn't want to think about it. It was already happening...

I wound my way through the crowded room. This party was insane. The body's packed together and the heat that circulated from them made me feel faint. I needed some air. I wasn't used to staying out this late and partying. I'd been dragged here by my friends--I should have gone home considering it was way past my curfew-but I didn't really care. I was having fun.

"Tegan!" yelled my friend Tasha over the loud booming music. She was dancing aggressively with two boys I'd never seen before-but that's the way Tasha was. She could get a boy in minutes-no, seconds. She was the complete opposite of me. I was lucky to find a guy that liked me at all. But, this time--I had. I smiled to myself. I was so lucky to have found Stephen. And I know this sounds extremely cliche--but it was true--he was everything a girl wanted.

He was cute, he was sweet, he was an amazing kisser.

Yep, everything a girl needed.

"Tegan?" yelled Tasha again looking at me with a worried expression. "Are you alright?" I quickly snapped out of my daze and smiled, "I'm fine. I think I just need some air."

She just nodded and continued dancing. I sighed to myself as I maneuvered my way through the crowd and towards upstairs. Maybe I could stay in one of the rooms for a little bit to cool off. I obviously wasn't accustomed to these things. I was sweating horrendously and breathing loudly. I bet I looked horrible too.

I finally made to the top of the stairs, it was a definite achievement-considering my state. I was breathing louder now and sweating even more. I needed to work-out more, badly. I looked around the small hall-way. All the doors were shut, and I didn't know which room to go in.

What if people were in them?

I wrinkled my nose, there was bound to be one room without anybody in it. There had to be. I decided to start in order of where the rooms where. I walked to the room on the extreme left and rapped on the door a few times. No one responded.

Guess that means I can go in..

I turned the doorknob slowly and a streak of light ran through the crack in the door. At least the lights were still on, that was a good sign. I opened the door more and walked in. I quickly regretted that decision, though. I let my mouth hang open in shock. In horror. In disgust. There lay my boyfriend and a girl slut on the bed. His shirt was already ripped open and the girl was just in her underwear. I wanted to puke. Stephen turned around to look at me and he pushed the girl off of him quickly.

"Teg, this isn't what it looks like!" He said it quickly-urgently-like it was exactly what it looked like. I felt the air go thin around me and the whole room felt hazy. I was sinking-falling maybe. I don't know. I'm not even sure how I made it outside. But I got there. I was on the wet ground clutching my chest. This couldn't be happening--this couldn't be happening...

"Teg!" yelled an extremely familiar masculine voice from my doorway. I was immediately snapped out of my thoughts and I turned my head towards the voice.

I quickly forced a smile on my face when my brother walked in, with outstretched arms. Besides me, he was the only sane person in the family. He was practically my best friend-besides Tasha, of course. I hurriedly jumped off my bed and attacked him in a bear hug, "Thank God you're here. I can't stand Mom. She is acting completely deranged. She's so clueless-it's just--"

He held up his hand, stopping me. I crossed my arms in reply. I didn't like people stopping me talking. Even if I was being harsh.

"Cut her some slack, Teg. She's just trying to do what is best for us."

I eyed him suspiciously, "Since when are you on the evil side?"

He chuckled in reply, "I'm not taking sides-I'm just stating the obvious."

I sighed, "...I want to go home."

"Me too, Teg. Me too. It's my senior year and I have to spend the last half of it at a different school. How do you think I feel about that? But I'm not moping around and yelling at Mom because of it. You need to deal."

I groaned once again-why did he always have to be right? "I'm trying," I mumbled, looking down. I couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eyes-not right now at least.

I could tell he rolled his eyes as he scoffed. I pushed him out of the way as I walked through the door, "Um-I have to go."

Okay, so that was a lie. I just didn't want to deal with this guilt trip. He always did that to me-and I hated it.

I grabbed my mom's keys off of the counter and walked towards the front door.

"Where do you think you're going?" My mother asked suspiciously. I cringed and turned around reluctantly. Why must she be so observant?

"I was just going to go check out La Push..." I mumbled, faltering over my words. Did I mention that I was a horrible liar?

So much for not talking to her anymore...

My mom looked at me with curious eyes, "That's fine..." I glanced up at her to make sure she was okay. That was it? She didn't have anything else to say to me? Her eyes looked sad--I felt bad for being so hard on her earlier...for a second.

I merely nodded and skipped out the front door and into my mother's silver jeep. I road around La Push, looking for something to do. Too bad there was nothing to do. At all.

There weren't any fast food places, no movie theaters, the only entertainment I saw was a run down bowling alley. And by the looks of it-I was scared I would get hepatitis by walking in there. I was absolutely correct in my assumptions that this town was boring. There was nothing here.

I road past more houses and closed down shops. I was contemplating going back home when I noticed there was a beach behind some of the houses nearby. I parked my car close to the woods and headed towards it.

"I guess this is it.." I muttered, kicking some rocks out of the way.

The beach...well, beach was a relative term for it. It wasn't your typical beach. There was no sun, no golden sand. It was more of an over sized lake.

I walked towards the water and noticed a huge rock jutted out over the water. I looked behind me to see if anyone was around.

It was completely desolate.

I placed my foot on the rock to see if it was steady. It was. I knew that this was a stupid idea-but I didn't care. The rock fascinated me-I wanted to stand on it and look out over the water...

I placed my other foot on it and outstretched my arms-balancing myself. The rock didn't budge. I walked up a little more and looked down below. It seemed like the water was a million miles away. I let out a small gasp.

I edged towards the end of the rock more and looked out-the view was breath taking. It was-beautiful.

I was about to walk farther out when a pair of strong arms lifted me up.

"What the hell!?" I yelled, struggling through the strong grasp. "Let go of me!"

The arms gently put me down on the ground.

"What were you thinking?" Asked a male's voice. I quickly turned around to see who I was talking to.

I sucked in my breath when I faced the boy. He was gorgeous. His silky black hair fell beautifully on his perfect olive-colored face. He was extremely tall too-I had to look way up to see his face. His eyes might have been pretty too-but at this moment they were full of anger.

"That's none of your business..." I muttered. Despite his gorgeous appearance-he was a stranger. Why did my business concern him?

"You could have been killed! If I wouldn't have pulled you off of that rock who knows-"

I rolled my eyes, "Can you chill out? I was just trying to look at the water..."

I saw him smirk a little, "You could do that down there." He pointed towards another end of the beach that wasn't so high up."

"Whatever."

The boy placed a hand on the back of his head, "Look-I'm not trying to annoy you-or whatever-but that was stupid. Don't do that again."

"Thanks, Dad. I'll keep that in mind," I muttered, pushing past him to walk towards my car.

"What were you doing anyway? With your arms up and your eyes closed? Trying to fly?" He chortled, I felt my face heat up.

Who did this kid think he was?

I walked away quickly, trying to restrain myself from holding up a very inappropriate hand sign.

"Hey!" He yelled towards me.

I turned around quickly, "What now Superman?"

"What's your name?" He asked his eyes twinkling and a grin spread across his lips.

"Bye!" I yelled waving my hand in the air.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701 2 23
edward & bella that was twilight renesmee & jacob this is dusk
2.3K 48 22