My Husband's Girl

By aasthamishra_

Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, hi... More

My Husband's Girl
Introduction of Characters
Epigraph
Book - 1
1.1 - Alison Cullen
1.2 - Letting him go
1.4 - S.O.S Meeting
1.5 - Asking Him
1.6 - Drowning Sorrows
1.7 - Her Feelings
1.8 - Her Outburst
1.9 - The Gala [ I ]
1.10 - The Gala [ II ]
1.11 - Trip to Miami
1.12 - The Holiday
1.13 - Beach Day
1.14 - The Accident
1.15 - Aiden Clarke
1.16 - The Surprise
1.17 - His Jealousy
1.18 - The Kiss
1.19 - Happy Wedding Anniversary
1.20 - The Bacheloratte Night
1.21 - The Wedding
1.22 - Goodbyes
1.23 - The Funeral
1.24 - Sapphire Kingsley
Book - 2
Introduction Of Characters
2.1 - Her New Life
2.2 - His Proposal
2.3 - Nathan
2.4 - His Blue Eyes
2.5 - Alison or Sapphire?
2.6 - Dine With The Cullens
Extra - 1
2.7 - The Dinner
2.8 - Visit to the Doctor
2.9 - The Baby Shower.
2.10 - The Phone Call.
2.11 - The Ride.
Extra - 2
2.12 - The Storm
2.13 - The DNA Test
2.14 - Goodbye Dinner
2.15 - The Interview.
2.16 - His Arrival
2.17 - New Home
2.18 - The Talk
2.19 - Comforting Him
2.20 - The Note
Extra - 3
2.21 - The Carnival
2.22 - Treasure Hunt [ I ]
2.23 - Treasure Hunt [ II ]
2.24 - Let the Game Begin.
2.25 - Partner in Crime
2.26 - A Day with Emily
2.27 - The Baby
2.28 - Story of Alison Cullen
2.29 - Taking a Break
2.30 - The Kidnapping
2.31 - Saved and Lost
2.32 - The Decision
Epilogue
A/N
Bonus Chapter - 1
Author's Note
FAQ

1.3 - Helping him

362K 12.7K 3.4K
By aasthamishra_

*unedited*

I woke up with the sun shining brightly on my face. I smiled and got up on my cold bed, alone. Unlike anyone else I love mornings because its the brightness that take away the dark night and brings new hope. I sighed and got up for a shower. I already know what I have to do. Its for everyone's happiness.

What about your happiness? A voice in my mind, which is apparently my slefish side said.

My happiness is in everyone's happiness. My selfless side replied.

I walked in my closet and grabbed a blackish grey pencil skirt and navy blue blouse with black wedges. I left my straight brown hair flow down with a middle partition. I applied mascara that gave volume to my eyelashes and my dark borwn eyes looked really mesmerizing. I also applied lip gloss giving a glossy effect on my pink lips and smiled approvingly at my reflection.

I am among those people who believe in natural beauty so I always apply minimal makeup. I took my phone and wallet with my car keys and left the house after telling Marie about my absence.

I unlocked my Porsche and drove away.

I parked my car and got out, looking at the huge skyscraper in front of me.

Cullen Inc was written in big golden cursive writing on the entrance. I took some deep breaths and stepped inside, my heels clicking on the goldenish brown tiles. I noticed that the theme is golden, white and brown with glass everywhere. The reception is also a long brown oak desk placed in a half moon shape. Behind the desk a girl typing on a computer blowing and bursting bubble gum. From the looks of her expression I was pretty sure whatever she is doing on that computer is definitely not work related because I've certainly never seen someone with a mischievous smirk on their face while doing work on a computer. She was definitely one of those blondes who have attitude, higher than their IQ.

Cake faced face with tight bright pink button up shirt with four buttons wide open clearly showing free porn movie, tucked in light grey pencil skirt... sorry tight pencil skirt

I sighed. I am in no mood to deal with some blonde bimbo. I have already predicted her answer before I even asked it. I banged my hand on her desk which startled her from whatever she was doing. She looked at me up and down clearly judging me and glared at me.

"What do you want?" She asked in a bored tone while examining her nails which I am damn sure is fake.

"I want to meet Mr.Ian Cullen" she again looked at me up and down before rolling her eyes.

"He is in a meeting. Do you have a appointment? Well I can clearly see its a no so I can schedule you after.... let me see" she acted to see something on her computer before saying " 6 months from now" she smirked at me.

Bingo. I knew she would answer something like this. Aren't I am a genius?

I know how to answer her though.

I fake a disappointment reaction. "Oh. Is that so? Well can you give me a appointment after 6 months?" I asked smiling sweetly at her. She looked shocked at first after muttering a whatever she started typing on her computer.

"Name?" She asked

I smirked. "Alison Cullen" I replied. Her eyes widen as fear took over her face.

"M-mrs.C-cul-len" she stuttered.

"Yes dear?" I asked sweetly again

"I am so sorry. I didn't mean to disrespect you please forgive me" she said in a shaky voice.

I sighed and nodded "where is Ian?" I asked now in no mood of more drama.

"Sir is upstairs" she answered hurriedly.

"And where is it?" I asked growing more frustrated of her only answering the questions I asked. Can't she understand my whole question and just answer it quickly and get over with it?

"63rd floor when you step out you will meet his assistant she will guide you further" she replied.

I muttered a thanks and moved towards the elevators. I know I can take the private elevator and reach in half of the time I will take in public elevator. Too bad I can't use it though. I don't want to use any privileges being Mrs.Cullen when clearly they are not permanent.

I used my Cullen title back there because she was needed to be put in her place. I will never use it for my benefit. Not now not never. I sighed and got inside the elevator and pressed the last number 63 and waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

I eventually got bored out of my mind by the time we reached 24th floor. I can't blame anyone though almost every button is pressed. This lift is going to crawl like a freaking snail. I sighed and started tapping my foot impatiently.

When the lift stopped at the 35th floor a really hamdsome man entered and stood beside me, at the very back. He was wearing a black suit with black shirt that screams business with a navy blue tie. Blonde hair with a five-a-clock shadow, grey eyes which were glued on his I-phone.

"Don't you two look like a perfect couple" a elderly women said in front of us. The guy's head snapped at her voice and then looked at me.

"And why is that ma'am?" Oh my his British accent.

"You two are matching, see" she practically squealed. I smiled in amusement and looked at him already looking at me intently and smiling too.

"That's true ma'am" I replied

"But we are not - " I was about to say 'a couple' but he cut me off by wrapping his arm around my small waist and pulling me lightly towards him. I was suddenly felt with warmth. I thought I'll feel uncomfortable but I felt just the opposite.

"I don't know about perfect couple ma'am but she indeed is a perfect lady for me" he said while looking at me with warmth causing me to blush.

I tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear and looked down while hidding my pink cheeks. The elderly women smiled, no scratch that grinned from ear to ear.

"Lovely" she beamed and got out on the 40th floor not before winking at us. He removed his hand from my waist and chuckled lowly.

"Sorry about that" he said.

"It's ok" I smiled back.

"Hi! I am Aiden, mi'lady" he grinned while offering his hand. I laughed and accepted his hand "Hi to you too! It's Alison"

The lift stopped at 60th floor "well this is my stop hope to see you soon mi'lady"

I smiled and nodded as he kissed my knuckles and exited. The blush still fresh on my cheeks.

I held my cold palms on my cheeks in hopes of giving them their natural colour back.

Ding.

Finally! I thanked heavens and stepped out. Black fluffy carpet was spread on the ground probably on the whole floor. Paintings hanged on the walls. Either gifts or bought from some charity auctions. I turned and walked until I reached a desk as huge and long as the receptionist's desk but this time a redheaded women sat behind a desk who looked probably in her thirties with a green formal dress. She looked up from her computer and looked at me with her grey doe eyes and smiled warmly.

"How may I help you?" She asked

"I wanted to see Ia- Mr.Cullen" I said savimg myself from the slip of tongue.

"One moment ma'am" she pointed her index finger and dailed some number on her phone and held it against her ear.

"Good morning sir, a lady has come here who wishes to see you" she said and waited for the person - who I guess is Ian - to answer.

"Umm..." She muttered before covering the speaker with her palm and turning towards me.

"Can I have your name ma'am?" She asked sweetly.

"Alison" I replied with a smile.

"Sir its Alison" she answered.

"Which Alison?" Suddenly his voice boomed. The women accidentally put it on loudspeaker. It hurted me when he said that. Does he not remember his own wife? I know this marriage means nothing to him but, still?

She frantically pressed a button which I guess is to off the loudspeaker and smiled apologetically at me.

"Alison Cul- Brown" I replied her unasked question. Again saving myself from a slip up.

"Alison Brown sir........ Ok sir"

"Ma'am" she nodded and walked off. I followed her and stopped in front a black shiny door that had a golden plate with CEO Ian Cullen initiated on it.

"Thankyou....." I trailed off

"Lucy" she filled in for me.

"Lucy" I smiled kindly which she returned and walked off.

I turned my attention back towards the black doors and took a deep breath.

This is it. I am destroying my marriage, my happiness with my own hands.

But he will be happy. That's all I want and need. I reassured myself and raised my hand to knock.

Think again Alison once you walk in, you may lose him forever. You are going to sacrifice yourself once you knock and enter. My selfish side said.

Remember there is no love without sacrifice. I may lose him forever but he will have his forever with the one he loves. I may not get the person I love, but it doesn't mean he should not get his. I reasoned.

Finally being satisfied I knocked.

I heard his husky voice replying a 'come in'

I opened the door and slowly walked in. The room had a theme of dark blue, white and black unlike his office building. Dark blue carpet rolled on the entire floor with white walls and black shelves filled with books attached to it. Black cabinet probably filled with files lined a wall. A long black couch with a coffee table in between and a big plasma tv was at the other corner. Two black doors, one I guess is the bathroom and the second one is a walk-in-closet. I know it because I have been here with my dad once. I wasn't paying attention to the surroundings so I ended up asking for directions at the reception.

In the middle of all is his big black desk while he sat on his black chair twirling with legs crossed and hands clasped together staring at me with his blue orbs. I momentarily got distracted by the way how hot he looks sitting there in all his glory in grey and black suit.

"What is it Alison that you need so urgent that you have to come and see me all the way in my office" he asked with no emotion on his oh-so-handsome face. I noticed the dark circles which is because of the lack of sleep. I know he will be sick, he keeps on eating restaurant food and sleep only of what - 2 hours?

"Do you need money? If so you can only text me and you will have money transfered in your account" he said calmly. I still can't believe this, he thinks I married him for his money.

Suddenly anger rushed through me and I snapped. Like really really snapped.

"Shut up"

The look on his face was priceless. Pure shock.

"Why do you keep thinking I need your money? Well guess what Mr.Cullen I don't need your fucking money you can keep it for all I care. I just wanted to see if you were ok because like every other happy wife in the world even I have not seen my husband for one and a half month" I butted out scarstically. I took a deep breath before continuing.

"Look I know you don't want this marriage and trust me even I don't if you are unhappy or forced. You love someone else, fine. It's your life so I really can't force you to accept me as your wife and live happily ever after. If this is my fate I accept it but I really don't wish to make you uncomfortable in your own house that you can't come to and stay like all human beings do after a long day of work. You don't eat properly nor sleep properly. I am sure you will get sick and end up in a freaking hospital if this continues, so you can stop this nonsense and behave like a man with a house instead of some homeless man" I said all in one breath.

After my rant I was still looking at the ground. Yeah yeah I ranted without looking at him. I am not so brave to look into his blue deepths and rant because his eyes makes me tongue tight and I need to say all this.

I just happened to open my big mouth and words just poured out of it.

Stupid Alison and your stupid big mouth I scolded myself for going and opening my big mouth. It all happened because of my anger.

That's technically not my fault who the fudge he thinks himself to judge me and think that I married him for his freaking money. If I wanted money I would have stayed single and be with my dad. My dad is as rich as him. Well he is billionaire and dad is a millionaire there is a huge difference, but whatever. Why would I waste my life marrying him? Even if a women loves money she also needs love. Who in their sane mind will give up everything even love and life, for money?

Thank god that I am not that insane.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I didn't noticed Ian calling me until he practically yelled out my name.

"ALISON" I jumped in fright when I heard him yelling at me. I looked up and saw the exact opposite of what I expected instead of anger and disappointment I saw amusement and something else that I couldn't exactly pinpoint.

"What?" I asked a little breathless. His eyes darkened a bit hearing my tone. I wonder why? He closed his eyes and shook his head a little clearing his mind.

"Have a sit first" he said calmly. I obliged and took a seat in front of him.

"Firstly I am sorry I misunderstood you" he said sincerely.

"Secondly I am sorry for not being there for you and make you feel that you are the reason I don't come home anymore" I glared at him

"Ok ok jeez... Yeah you were the reason that I was not coming home." He sighed. I decided to directly get to the main topic now.

"Lets talk about her" I said with a smile.

"Her?" He asked confused.

"Yes her. The girl you're in love with" I said teasingly. He rolled his eyes but I saw the tips of his ears turning pink.

"She's beautiful. I met her in my high school she was pretty popular but I was a nerd so I doubt she ever noticed me but I always noticed her. The way she frowns when she thinks or concentrate on something, the way she bits her lip when she is nervous. The way she scrunch her nose in anger and the way she masks her real emotions. She is beautiful in her own way" he said with a dreamy look on his face. My heart clenched with every word he said but I kept on my smile and eyes void of emotions. Which I am an expert in.

"You mean you never asked her out?" I asked genuinely surprised.

He is willing to stay unmarried, without someone to love him, for someone who apparently doesn't even know he loves her?

"No" he said shyly with his ears fully pink now.

"Ian I thought you were much better" I rolled my eyes and he fake glared.

"So is this girl now in touch with you?" I asked

"Technically yes" he replied with a smile.

"Wow. Does she know now?"

"No" he said with a frown.

"Well are you planning to tell her?"

"No" he replied

"Ian when you have a chance you must grab it before its too late" I said.

Because I know how its feels. When I had the chance in highschool to tell him my feelings I let it go because I was 'too' scared to confess but then I realised what I fool I was because he left the town few days later.

"Get the girl" I encouraged him.

"I'll help you" I replied smiling brightly.

"What? Why?" He asked frowning.

"Will you be happy by her side?"

"Very" he said with a dreamy smile.

"There's my answer" I genuinely smiled. He stared at me for a while before sighing.

"Is it weird to tell all this to your wife?" He asked

"Apparently" I replied with a laugh.

"So what's her name?" I asked

"Her name is........."

*****

CLIFFHANGER...

:P Happy Diwali readers. Have a save and bright Diwali and a Prosperous New Year.

Wait for my next update.. Till then you can read my other books too... I won't mind :p ;)

Vote... Comment... Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 299K 61
Featured @WattpadIndia ❝𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮...
50.3K 3.6K 39
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
1.3M 10K 18
#Mature Content in later chapters# A sharp pull by my wrist brought me back to the wall. I hold my breath for a moment. "what the hell" I cussed. ...
168K 9.4K 51
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...