temporary bliss ➟ muke ✓

By nightskymuke

michael can't keep sleeping in luke's bed if luke keeps messing with his head. © 2016 by nightskymuke All R... More

one; taste of heaven
two; morning pain
three; unobtainable heart
four; make up your mind
five; give me something please
six; frozen with nothing spoken
seven; waiting for your heart
eight; give me reason
nine; murderous lullaby
character ask!! closed tho :-(
character answers
eleven; give me something
twelve; lonely one and only
thirteen; another one night
fourteen; you're lonely
fifteen; your whole life
sixteen; i can't
seventeen; give me something
eighteen; it's just temporary bliss
nineteen; it's not worth temporary bliss
epilogue; numbers

ten; stop messing with my head

1.2K 102 42
By nightskymuke

this is the last time, baby make up your mind. 'cause i can't keep sleeping in your bed if you keep messing with my head.

"wake up, sleepyhead," a slightly teasing voice whispered into michael's neck, waking up the faux blond from his slumber. a mess of blond hair was in his face until the blond looked up, his darkened blue eyes burning into michael's groggy green eyes.

"luke...?" michael asked quietly, his hands ghosting to luke's hips when he realised that the blond was straddling his body, "what are you doing?"

"soaking in your beauty," luke murmured, cupping both sides of michael's face as he lowered his body down. michael winced at the pressure put on his hips when luke did so, but any pain he felt washed away when luke hovered his lips close to michael's, "i don't know how i've resisted you for so long, princess. you're just so... damn irresistible, beautiful."

michael quickly dodged by turning his face to the side as luke's lower lip bumped against the corner of his lips. the blond confusedly stared down at michael, causing the faux blond to clear his threat and whisper, "i can't let you keep messing with my head."

"i know, sweetheart," luke spoke sympathetically, his navy blue eyes going to watch as his fingers brushed back some of michael's messy blond hair, "which is why i'm not messing with your head anymore. i love you so fucking much, princess."

"y-you do?" michael asked shyly, his cheeks tinting to a pale shade of pink as luke's thumb swiped across his cheekbone, "i-i haven't heard anyone tell me that before."

"such a shame, kitten. you deserve all the love in the world, you know? i'm so much in love with you, michael gordon clifford," luke's voice sounded slightly foreign, but nonetheless michael gripped the back of his neck and pulled him down for their lips to collide. luke's teeth gripped lightly onto michael's lower lip as his hands tightened on michael's face, and the faux blond could feel nothing but bliss at that moment. kissing luke was everything he had ever dreamed of.

"i love you, i love you, i love you," luke was muttering between every kiss, and michael was mouthing it back breathlessly even though he just wanted to focus on kissing luke as much as he could. luke's tongue flicked into michael's mouth, and that's when he knew that he was whipped for luke's kissing.

time escaped them as the two of them made out. before michael could comprehend it, luke suddenly pulled away and stared down at michael, pants leaving his mouth every couple of seconds. michael met luke's crystal blue eyes with a slightly longing glance, wanting to resume their kissing but that seemed like the last thing luke ever wanted to do.

"you really think i'd love someone like you?" luke scorned, his navy blue eyes darkening until they matched the colour of his pupil, "how could i? you're just a nice fuck for me, michael, and that's all you ever will be. so quit trying to make us a thing, because i could never love you."

"b-but you j-just t-told me you l-love me," michael's lower lip was quivering uncontrollably as luke abruptly stopped straddling him, getting to his feet beside the bed. michael sat up, craving the contact that he had previously received, but luke was giving him a venomous glare.

"it's all lies, michael. i'll keep fucking messing with your head to toy with your heart. you need to be taught that nobody could ever love you."

"n-no," michael was sobbing at that point, watching through his tears as luke began to exit his bedroom. his words left his mouth as hysterical shrieks, "luke! please, no! i love you!"

michael woke up with sweat dripping down from his temples and down his face, causing him to make a face before hiding his face in his hands. he frowned when he discovered that he had dry tear tracks down both cheeks along with a massive headache, which made him groan and pull the bedsheets up to his nose, searching for security within the sheets.

then he remembered that luke had been at his house last night, so he tentatively sat up from his bed and called out shyly, "luke?"

his words were greeted with silence, which made michael frown before getting out of his bed slowly. he trudged out to the kitchen, his jaw dropping when he saw that his kitchen was not in the condition he had last left it in. everything was practically sparkling at him with its cleanliness, causing him to furrow his eyebrows before walking around the marble island counter.

luke must have cleaned his kitchen last night before he left. michael knew that luke was similar to ashton in the way that both of them couldn't stand messes, so the blond must have seen michael's mess of a kitchen and decided to clean it up out of habit.

after admiring his clean kitchen, michael reached for his cell phone to read his new notifications. he only had one text message, and it was from calum. at first, michael smiled widely upon seeing that his best friend had texted him, but his smile fell as he read calum's text message sent to him around fifteen minutes ago.

calum: i'm coming over.

it was then michael remembered that he had kissed ashton the last time he had hung out with him. and if michael knew ashton, then ashton definitely told calum about it.

a loud knocking at michael's front door made him glance down at his attire, frowning at the fact that he was still wearing what he had worn to bed; some sweatshirt and a pair of his black skinny jeans. he quickly sprinted to his bedroom, wanting to change out of those clothes and put on cleaner clothes.

he changed into a pair of nike black basketball shorts and his favourite spurs jersey with his last name on the back. he ran some fingers through his messy as fuck bleached blond hair before walking towards the front door, taking a deep breath before opening the door with a smile plastered on his face.

michael's fake smile fell when he saw how calum's expression was clouded with anger, but then his eyebrows furrowed in confusion when he saw that luke was standing a little bit behind calum, trying to talk some sense into the maori boy.

"how could you kiss my boyfriend without his fucking consent?" calum seethed, his fists clenching up as he began walking into michael's house without an invitation. the faux blond backed up with each vigorous step calum took forward, his green eyes wide as he glanced back and forth between luke and calum.

"i-i'm sorry–"

"sure as hell you'll be sorry!" calum's voice rose as his brown eyes narrowed. luke kept a strong grip on calum's bicep, trying to hold him back but not succeeding all that much, "i can't fucking believe you, michael, i thought you were my friend and then you go and try to seduce my boyfriend."

"cal, take some deep breaths," luke instructed, trying his best not to stare at michael by keeping his gaze on calum. the angered boy just ripped his arm out of luke's grip and stormed closer to michael until the faux blond had his back pressed against the wall and hands up in surrender.

"my baby came home bawling his eyes out because he tried to help you and you just tried to force yourself on him," calum hissed, grabbing michael's arm just above his elbow and pulling them nose-to-nose kind of close, "you're fucking crazy if you think i'm letting you get away with that."

"you punch him, and i punch you," luke butted in, standing next to the two and narrowing his navy blue eyes at calum. michael gaped at the both of them in astonishment, hardly able to comprehend the scene in front of him. his best friend wanted to beat him up for kissing his boyfriend, and then his fuck buddy was defending him and trying to help him? didn't seem like a situation michael would get himself in.

"go home, luke, there's no need for you to be here," calum scowled, shaking his head slightly before giving michael another venomous glare, "you have nothing to worry about; he'll still want to keep fucking around with you even if you let me beat him up."

"quit being such a dick," luke frowned deeply before michael was looking up from the floor and staring back at calum with widened eyes. it was only then michael realised that his friend was intoxicated just like always, but this time he was drunk at ten o'clock in the morning. what kind of person got drunk at this time of day? oh, that's right, the ones with a drinking problem who won't admit it.

"c-cal, you-you're drunk," michael shakily pointed out, resisting the urge to wince when calum tightened his grip on michael's arm, "wh-why don't you have luke drive you home? i-i don't think you're thinking properly."

"but i am," calum frowned, stumbling a bit closer to michael as his voice lowered, "i'm thinking so fucking clearly right now, clifford. and i'm thinking of how you'd look if my fist met your face."

"same way you'd look if my fist met your face," luke quickly spoke up, causing michael's green eyes to flicker over to him. the blond shook his head slightly before placing his hand on calum's broad shoulder and giving it a little shake in an attempt to get him to take a step away from michael.

"if you let me, i can explain why i did it, calum," michael informed quietly, wishing he could just sink into the wall behind him and escape this entire situation when calum's gaze only hardened at him. the maori boy shook luke's hand away from his shoulder to hover his face closer to michael's again, narrowing his dark brown eyes when he watched in some kind of twisted pleasure as michael squirmed underneath his gaze.

"what kind of stupid bullshit excuse could you possibly think of to make this okay?" calum's voice slightly trembled at the end of his sentence, but he didn't let it show as he stood up straighter and let his hand slide down to michael's wrist knowingly, "you– you kissed my boyfriend without his permission."

calum's thumb pressed into the soft skin of michael's bare inner wrist, knowing exactly what lingered there from last year. a frown gradually appeared on luke's dark pink lips as his navy blue eyes drifted to the action, and michael fought back tears before he tried to pull his wrist out of calum's tight grip; a failed attempt much to michael's dismay.

"st-stop," michael stammered, his words almost too soft as he continued to try and twist his wrist out of calum's grip. the maori boy just gritted his teeth and kept as tight a grip as possible, and the pain started getting to michael. the pain resembled the kind of pain that michael self-inflicted, and he didn't like the remorseful feeling that he getting from it.

"i said stop!" michael suddenly hissed out, his free hand coming in contact with calum's cheekbone before either of them knew it. luke watched with wide eyes as calum toppled backwards from the blow, but he shortly regained his balance and brought back a fist, ready to throw a punch in michael's direction.

michael closed his eyes tightly, bracing himself for the moment he knew was bound to come.

he opened his eyes when a whiff of air greeted him instead, and the back of luke's head was in his face as luke stood in between calum and michael, both of his hands on calum's wrists to prevent him from swinging either fist.

"mate, stop!" luke grunted, trying to keep his grip on calum's wrists as calum tried his best to free himself of luke's grips. the maori boy struggled briefly before he took several steps back with his hands up and slightly shaking, his venomous glare meeting michael's wide green eyes.

"nothing you say can ever make this right," calum pointed out a bit breathlessly, his brown eyes narrowing before he added, "have fun with your fuck buddy, because he's the only one you have left and he doesn't even love you. i sure as hell don't want to talk to you ever again, and if i ever catch you talking to ashton, you'll regret it so fucking much."

with that, calum spun on his heels and left michael's house, slamming the front door shut behind him. luke took several deep breaths before turning around to face michael, a sympathetic expression appearing on his admirable features when he saw michael's shocked expression. after loads of hesitation, luke shakily reached out and cupped both sides of michael's face with his rough hands and a soft touch.

the soft words, "are you okay?" were all it took for michael to burst into tears and wrap his arms around luke's torso, burying his face into luke's heavy sweatshirt. the blond quickly hugged michael back tightly, placing his chin on top of michael's head comfortably as he murmured soothing nothings.

michael suddenly wanted to push luke away and scream, 'you're the reason why i just lost my only friends!' but he really didn't want to lose luke as well, so he just sniffled and snuggled closer into luke's hold.

"shh, mikey, you'll be okay," luke insisted gently, letting his hands run through the back of michael's hair in a comforting manner. he slowly pulled out of michael's embrace to cup both sides of michael's pale face, his thumbs soothingly running along his smooth skin before he whispered, "why did you kiss ashton?"

"i-i just wanted to know what it felt like to be loved," michael sniffled, keeping his gaze low on the floor before he absentmindedly began to knead his aching knuckles from punching calum. luke's grip switched so he could hook his pinky finger underneath michael's chin and lift his chin up, wanting the younger boy to meet his gaze so that luke could have a glimpse of his beautiful green eyes.

"you will someday, sweetheart. when the time is right," luke's whispered words sent a shiver down michael's spine before the blond was heaving out a sigh and dropping his large hands from michael's face. "well, i don't exactly feel like leaving you alone now. what do you want to do?"

"um, i don't– you don't have to stick around," michael replied, glancing down in shame. the last thing michael wanted was for luke to pity him and hang around just to make sure he didn't do anything dumb. michael was almost nineteen; he didn't need luke as a babysitter and he didn't exactly want luke's pity.

"i want to," luke informed, a light smile surfacing on his nicely shaped dark pink lips before he glanced over to michael's tv, "how about we watch something on netflix, one of your favourite shows?"

"it's fine; you don't have to," michael repeated, furrowing his eyebrows as luke frowned over at him. the corners of his lips dipped down so perfectly, but it was then michael decided that he didn't like luke's frown. he didn't want the blond to feel any form of displeasure or sadness.

"too bad, sweets, you're stuck with me," luke stated before he gave michael a cheeky smile and began to walk over to the couch, "you got any snacks, baby?"

--

a/n happy thanksgiving cute friends :') x i'm thankful for all of you!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 919 33
Samuel Seabury is a loyalist who is defending King George iii during the American Revolution but Samuel also has a secret he has a crush on the king
5K 135 36
It's just another ghetto story when there's kids and people and someone dies and someone gives birth and ect. Just read it yo.
1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1.2M 62.4K 45
Josh accidentally meets Tyler over kik and soon, things start to unfold. » accomplishments: #1 on the joshler tag #2 on the twentyonepilots tag 1 MIL...