Samsaara : Devadoot

By nairalkesh

COMPLETED! PUBLISHED! Listed in the best fantasy stories in India. Listed in best romance stories in India... More

Vanishing Act
Riding the Purple Dragon
The Scent Trail
Kidnapped
Point Blank
A Walk to Remember
All Chalked Out
In Your Dreams
Knocking on Heaven's Door
A Beggar on a Horse Back
Have a Blast
Another One Bites the Dust
Until the Fat Lady Sings
Land of Milk and Honey
Stuck In A Rut
The Third Eye
Cherry on the Cake
A Rose By Any Other Name
Through the Looking Glass
A Breath Taking Kiss
The Office
A Trip Down Memory Lane
Your mission should you choose...
To the Moon and Back
Lose Your Head Over
Lady Luck And The Beast
Red Sky at Night
A Clue By Four
Honour Among Thieves, Or not?
To Play With Fire
Catch Me If You Can
The Witch-hunt
A Crow to Pluck
From the Ashes
Survival of the Worst
Sink or Swim
Dine With The Demoness
Playing Possum
Epilogue
Media Coverage
Buy Your Book Today!

At the Beginning of Time

1.1K 77 75
By nairalkesh

Before the conception of the multi-verse: before it was confined by the chains of time and space, there existed only nothingness. No matter, no light. No space for the matter to occupy and no energy to adhere to time. There was only one thing: A consciousness. Within this emptiness originated self awareness. A formless being, that existed as a consciousness.

This formless being was Brahman. You might know him as Adam, Brahma or Param Adami.

He split this nothingness into many planes of existence separated by an impervious membrane and created the multi-verse. Each individual plane of existence was a universe with just space and no matter and energy. They were separated by a wobbling and rippling membrane.

This membrane had no thickness or density but nevertheless it was impervious by all but Brahman himself as it was governed by his rules and commands.

He decided to fill all the universes with energy but something cannot be created out of nothing. He decided that the energy in one universe will be negated by the energy in its adjacent universes. So he created equal energy on both sides such that if energy from one universe crosses to an adjacent universe it becomes negative energy.

Brahman then condensed this energy into matter. The creation of matter distorted the fabric of space and time to create gravity and matter began to accumulate. He observed the dance between matter and energy for ages, delighted by the birth, death and rebirth of stars and galaxies.

Eventually, the cyclic nature of everything in the multi-verse dulled his mind. He decided that he wanted someone else to partake in this beauty. So he separated the caring and nurturing part of his cognisance from the creationist part of him.

Thus, our Mother was created.

"Oh creator of mine, why do I exist?" she asked.

"Rejoice my dear; we will enjoy this world together. I will create and you preserve," Brahman spoke for the first time.

Brahman created and Mother preserved. She protected, guided and preserved all that was created in this multi verse as if they were her own children. Brahman felt her wish to nurture and fathered four children out of his own body but they were created devoid of knowledge and having the ability to learn.

Thus, Mother spent the next few yugas teaching and nurturing her four children to raise them into omnipotent beings just like Brahman. The children, under the care of their mother grew up in the likeness of their creator and nurturer. Brahman spent this time in amazement observing the love of a mother towards her children. Overcome with this feeling he decided to share this feeling with as many beings as possible.

Dividing half of his soul into innumerable parts he spread it across the multi-verse and the remaining half continued as he had before creating more in the planes of existence. These seeds of his soul clung on to the first matter that they encountered and those received consciousness.

Thus, life was created in the multi-verse.

Over time the seeds of his souls began to evolve all over the multi-verse, including in that little rock that we live on, Earth. Life all over the multi-verse evolved in different directions. On Earth also, it was the same. Life began from the simple singled cell organism to complex multi-cellular organisms and finally to the early humans.

Brahman gave his now grown sons the responsibility of governing over all the realms while he resigned to bask in the glory of his creation with his companion, our Mother. His sons over time looked after all the universes together protecting the entire Samsaara.

They used to look over all the different beings in all the different realms as though they were their own children. From time to time, they would change their forms and go to on the different planets when the masses needed their counsel and protection. They appeared on Earth as well in multiple forms and many times.

They came on Earth in the form of humans as well to protect them from various calamities. Life on Earth, by then had evolved well into the creation of human civilisation. It was a true Utopia of sinless beings working together for progress and development.

The human civilisation of the old times lived in harmony with the nature and all of God's other creations. The spoken word was created and people began calling the four sons and their different forms that protected them with different names like angels, messiah, farishta, and devas. They came to adorn each of the four sons of God with the name archangels.

Brahman watched over the people on earth with fondness. He was proud of them as they lived sinless and free. He gave each of his sons' specific tasks to look after his most beloved children more efficiently.

He named his bravest son Mikhail - the protector and he was asked to use his strength to protect the humans.

He named his most loyal son Gibrail - the messenger, and he was tasked with spreading the word of Brahman who was by now called God on Earth.

He named his most compassionate son Ishrafil - the healer and tasked him with the responsibility to nurture us humans.

Lastly he named his most beloved son Azrail - the kind, and gave him with the most important task of reincarnating souls of people who have passed on.

Under their guidance, all the living beings in the universe prospered. The humans with their unity, overcame many barriers and prospered greatly. They established the great country of Eden. It was a country where people of the entire world congregated. They lived on the bountiful fruits and beasts found in nature.

The country was governed by its own people and their collective free will. Under guidance from the sons of God they were able to propagate even further. They believed in their creator and worshipped him. They also prayed to their deliverer and worshipped her. Above all they cherished the sons of God who appeared before them in different forms to lead them towards the light.

Over time Brahman grew immensely fond of humans. He wished for them to grow even more than they already had, so he sent his most beloved son Azrail to govern and protect them. Azrail did so with great vigour so that the humans prosper. Eventually Brahman judged the human society to be his greatest creation. He wanted to see this creation of his to continue to grow as much as it can and could foresee unlimited potential for the humans to grow. Thus, he came to a pivotal decision.

He called upon his sons to have a council with him. Above all the planes of existences they assembled: father, mother and the four sons. It was to convey upon them his epoch-making decision. Over the course of time, he had come to love the humans greatly. He thought about how they could use their limitless ability to create such a just and kind civilisation.

Many years he wondered how he could make the humans more in his own image of excellence and perfection. Eventually he came to conclude that the way to achieve that would be to increase their numbers to foster a faster development.

They would learn and grow faster through a more collective effort. Eventually they would come to rule the entire planet and constantly reduce the gap between man and God using their own ingenuity. He told his children that he would sacrifice the most of what was left of him to seed his beloved planet and let it fructify into greatness.

All his children were shocked by his decision and all but one agreed with him, as his word was the word of God. He had created them and everything else and only he had the right to decide the future of his creation.

Azrail did not agree with this decision as he was the most loving and caring of the sons. He said that he would not be able to bear the loss of his creator and father in such a way and asked God/ Brahman to change his decision. God in his all knowing wisdom had already deemed this decision to be the best for his creation so he denied his beloved son's request. He said that even if he divides his bodies into countless parts and he would still be his father and expected him to serve the humans as well as he had served him before.

Azrail was adamant in his wishes but only out of love for his creator. He argued without slacking for days and tried reasoning with the others as well. Brahman's mind was made up, he went ahead and divided his life force amongst countless little seeds and spread it across his beloved planet. Azrail was melancholic at the loss of his father. He was blinded by his passion and couldn't see that precious bits of his father were well and alive amongst the humans.

Refusing to serve the humans as he did his father Azrail fought with his brothers since they did not try to stop their father from his action. Mikhail went to pacify his brother and they fought one another for ages. Although they fought one another Mikhail only defended against Azrail and that too with ease. He believed that his brother's love was true and did not have the heart to fight back. This fight had caused all the responsibility of the multi-verse to fall upon the hands on the remaining two brothers, Ishrafil and Gibrail. The remaining two brothers' efforts were not enough to govern the multi-verse without the presence of their father.

On seeing disharmony in the universes mother herself came in between and stopped the fight between Azrail and Mikhail. Azrail although disheartened, resumed his duties in reincarnating the souls, or at least it seemed that way initially.

Secretly Azrail had started collecting souls rather than helping them reincarnate. Azrail thought, if he collects enough souls he can merge them into his father's form. For many years his collected souls made had no impact on the human society, because numbers of souls that dispersed from Brahman was unfathomable.

The country of Eden continued to spread and prosper with the man power. God's decision of accelerating the human civilization worked, exactly as he had envisioned in his all knowing glory. All this while, Azrail continued to collect souls. Within three yugas he had collected enough souls to merge and recreate his father, albeit with only a hundredth of his potency. But even that hundredth of his earlier strength he would still be far greater in might than any of the four brothers. Only the mother would come remotely close to him in terms of might.

Azrail knew that the only way to merge souls would need so much energy that it would heat up and burn everything. He decided to use the deep waters of the oceans of Earth to do so. He would place the collected souls beneath the water and churn the oceans to merge the souls into one. This would at first create floods, the likes of which the humans on Earth would have never experienced. Apart from that, heat of that magnitude it would evaporate all the water on Earth. This would mean the end of life on Earth and Azrail intended to use the remaining souls again to return his father to his former glory.

Gibrail caught onto his schemes but had no proof of Azrail's betrayal. So Gibrail took matters in his own hands and passed on a message to capable people across Earth. He gave them the mission to preserve all the life on Earth through this great deluge that was nigh. The people on Earth prepared for this by creating great dome shaped enclosed fortresses, and giant boats to protect them during the flood.

Azrail saw the humans preparing for the possible deluge and realised something is awry. And so, he decided to make haste by taking some of the souls that he harvested and implanted them into two mountain ranges. This gave birth to two colossal stone Golems that he called Nephilims. Then he implanted some of the souls in a river and created a giant serpent called Chaoskampf.

He ordered the giant Nephilims to place the collected souls in a loop of the Chaoskampf's serpentine body and then hold both ends and tug on them. They began to churn the souls together into one mass of life force under the sea. The mindless Nephilims did exactly as commanded and went under the ocean with the souls and the serpent.

As they churned the souls together, the oceans were agitated. Towering waves arose from beneath the oceans and these solitons smashed against the continents and submerged them under. The Earth rumbled in distress because of the pulling and pushing.

The entire planet was engulfed in a dense fog from the heat evaporating the oceans. A pillar of intense light pierced through the oceans as the churning combined the souls. The entire continent of Eden was submerged drowning under the flood that lasted months. Gibrail noticed the condition and went to stop him, but Azrail in his madness was far too strong. So Gibrail set forth and called his other brothers to aid him in restraining Azrail but it was too late by then.

The heat and the light slowly began to subside but the Nephilim continued to churn the oceans. Azrail knew that he had almost succeeded so he descended to the ocean floor to see his work coming close to fruition.

By then, Mikhail reached earth and he along with his brothers and mother went to confront Azrail. Mikhail saw what was taking place and decided he had to intervene to prevent going against his father's words. He conjured lightening from the sky and struck the Chaoskampf's long body and split it into two parts.

With that he had foiled Azrail's sacrilege. The two Nephilim fell down with half of the serpent's body in each of their hands and lay on the floor tugging on the broken half of the serpent's body mindlessly just as they had been ordered.

Their giant stone elbows left big craters as they struck the ocean floor. Azrail was furious when he turned around to see his brother Mikhail was the one who foiled his plans. Azrail charged towards his brother with murderous intent. Just then a brilliant light spread out of the cluster of souls which were being churned and brightened the entire universe. This light stopped Azrail in his tracks.

When the light subsided, everyone turned towards the cluster of souls. It was glowing white and was radiating so much heat that the Earth's crust began to boil. It was in the form of an egg shell.

The white glowing egg cracked, crumbled and exploded. The tiny shards of the egg shell were little rounded gem stones and the explosion spread the gem stones all across the earth.

The gems studded the moist ocean floor and scintillated in the dim sunlight penetrating through the fog. From the dissipating light where the egg was, appeared the silhouette of a man floating in the foetal position.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.2K 3.1K 38
"Even you know Vivek our marriage is not normal, and it can never be one." I cried out to the person standing close to me while taking 2 steps away f...
1.2K 70 11
What you should know of this world... 1. Love isn't happily ever after. 2. Kindness is weakness. 3. A masters will cannot be undone. A Damphir knows...
1.2K 65 17
in which a girl who is only seen in storms learns. electric was in the air. a storm rolled in. drops of rain greeted the car. the world seemed to sto...
Not so Love By Ash_Vn

Mystery / Thriller

50 0 10
A man speaks up. I'm Rajeev. I don't know why I am telling you this but you should hear this. You are the correct person who can understand this. Thi...