Lady Luck And The Beast

"Achhhooooo," Mary sneezed

She bent down with the force of the sneeze. The sickle passed just millimetres from the edge of her scalp and took with it several strands of hair. Mary got lucky.

The attacker now grabbed her by her hair and prepared to strike her once again. A moss green blur appeared next to them and the half burnt attacker was shoved away.

It was difficult for me to trust my eyes. A six foot tall, green being, with the head and tail of an alligator stood on its hind legs beside Mary, panting heavily. The monster had long human like limbs covered in rough green, wrinkled skin like a gator. With one swing of its long sinewy tail it had thrown the assailant off its feet. Mary seemed calm around the monster. If it wasn't for the monsters limping gait, or the robe it wore, I would never have understood that it was him.

"That's him right?" I asked Paviraa who stood beside me.

"Yup, Omar's core transforms him into a croc like beast," she replied, "Although it is the first time that I have seen it with my own eyes."

Omar in his croc-beast form now limped towards the attacker who seemed to have not even the slightest bit of fear after looking at this man-beast coming towards it. Omar engaged him head on. Mary took a few steps behind to make some distance between her and them. She stood there with her hand raised, palms facing Omar. Paviraa and I thought we should go close and offer reinforcement.

Paviraa waited at a distance with her arm outstretched, palms facing them waiting for another chance to attack. The thought suddenly hit me. Omar was literally a monster; Paviraa could shoot flames at will. Perhaps I should be standing away from this mess, like Mary. Maybe I was biting off more than I could chew. Even though I had a core, it barely did much other than being a Copier. Well, a printer. Maybe, a 3d printer I wondered.

I turned around and asked Paviraa, "Do you always say the word 'agniya' to conjure the flames?"

"You don't have to, although the core resonates strongly when you do say your mantra," she replied.

"Well, can you read the word written on my core?" I asked.

"Yes, I can read a little bit of Brahmi," she said.

"Read this for me please," I told her as I tossed my core towards her.

She caught it in her hands and began to look at the core minutely, trying her best to translate it for me.

Meanwhile, I ran towards the giant stone or Vaan irai kal.

Omar was struggling with abnormally-strong half-burnt man. The man kept trying to kick Omar on his injured knee to take him down and kept failing. Mary stood at a distance looking at him with concern, her hands held high.

I reached the giant stone and turned towards Paviraa; she looked up at me simultaneously and yelled out loudly, "ANUKARAN!"

She threw my core towards me, and I noticed it began to glow midway through its trajectory. I caught it with my outstretched hand and saw I had two cores now. My core, had replicated itself. I put one core inside the pocket on the robe and steadied myself waiting for the right opportunity.