The 5 Horsemen~ Jack Wilder L...

By wildertricks

Five talented magicians receive a card with a symbol and date on it to meet. They become know by the whole wo... More

(Setting the Plot)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8

Chapter 7

1K 25 13
By wildertricks

Haley's POV:
I was hoping Henley was right...If her plan works successfully I will do tonight's show, and then help behind the scenes for the next shows. I began to get nervous with the thought of having to face Jack and the rest of my group to tell them why I have been acting so strange and Henley and I's plan. But it's for the best....I should probably go do it soon since I have to leave to see Arthur very soon.

I walked downstairs to see everyone sitting there. Henley looked at me and gave me a reassuring nod. I looked over at Jack who starring me right in the eyes. He looked broken, heart broken, and I know I was the one to cause him that pain.

"What I'm about to tell you guys has to stay a complete secret. Can you guys do that?" I asked they all nodded in agreement.

"The other night Arthur approached me. He was in our condo. Well I guess for this story to make since I have to start from the beginning. Jack and I kissed." I blurted out.

Everyone looked at me in shock, not Merrit or Henley only Atlas. Jack gave his smirk that ugh I love.

"Ok well somehow I dont know how but Arthur found out and approached me that night. He said Jack and I broke the Horsemen rules of keeping things professional. So instead of firing both Jack and I he decided to let go of his least favorite of the bunch and that would be me. He said I would have 1 more show which would be tonight's show and then I would be out. I didn't tell you this sooner because he threatened my little brother. And Jack I really lile you everything I said about us being a mistake isn't true I really like you." I said making Jack blush woth his yet another adorable smirk. "But Henley and I have come up with a plan." I explained the plan and everyone was in agreement that publicly after tonight's show we would be the 4 Horsemen when in secret we were the 5 Horsemen.

Everyone left the room after I finished talking to prepare for tonight's show. Except for Jack he stayed behind to talk to me.

"So all of it was a lie, you do like me?" Jack asked walking closer to me.

"I do Jack, I really do." I confessed.

"Aw well that's too bad cause I'm not that into you anymore, the whole desperate girl act just doesn't work for me ya know." Jack said with a smirk, my heart dropped. "Nah I'm just kidding with you Haley I really like you too." he said my heart floated back up.

"So, about that talk you started about us the other day do you really mean it when you say...you want us to be an us?" I asked.

"Only if you want us to be an us." Jack said stepping closer to where we were breathing the same air.

I took the next step closer and our lips joined as they passionately collided. Jack and I kissed with true passion as I rubbed my hands through his hair and his hands held to my check and neck. This reminded me of our first kiss, except now, we were an us. We slowly moved apart and stared at each other until Jack broke the silence.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes then." He said with his signature smirk.

*flash forward to meeting w/ Arthur*

"I assume you've packed already Haley?" Arthur said.

"Yes I have..." I said. I lied.

"Well you are making the right decision I would hate to have an innocent boy lile your brother Aidan get caught in the middle of your mistakes." He said. "So hope you enjoy tonight's show because after tonight's show you will be headed home." He said.

"Yes I know, are we done now?" I asked.

"Yes Haley. You are free to go." Arthur said.

*flash forward to show*

"It's show time." Henley said with a smile. "Don't worry Haley our plan will work."

Our microphones were on and our names were being announced. "Merritt McKinney, Daniel Atlas, Henley Reeves, Jack Wilder, and Haley Prather. Arthur Tressler proudly presents the Five Horsemen." We all walked out.

"Thank you." Merritt said.

"For our main trick we are going to do something never seen before on a Las Vegas stage." Henley said.

"Or any stage for that matter." Jack said.

"Ladies and gentlemen tonight we are going to rob a bank." Atlas said. The crowd went wild with people shouting and clapping.

"That's a lot of excitement for a crime." I said.

"I'm getting excited what about you people?" Henley asked.

"Ok, ok, ok please now settle down." Daniel said. "Now who here has a bank they would like us to rob?"

Everyone threw there hands up.

"Ok now that's a lot of people we may have to choose at random." I said.

"My associates shall make sure it's random, right?" Daniel asked. "Ok now Jack's bowls have a section number. Can you hand me a section Jack?"

Jack took a ball our fo the bowl and tossed it to Daniel.

"Ok we are looking for section 'B' where is section B?" Daniel asked. Everyone is section B stood up and began to chant. "Ok there, get ready it's gonna be one of you guys. Ok Merritt can I get a row please?" Daniel asked.

Once again a ball was thrown to Daniel this time by Merritt.

"Ok we are looking at row number 5." Daniel said. "Ok now Henley, can you throw me a random seat number.

Henley threw Daniel a random ball selected even tho the Horsemen all knew it wasn't random.

"Oh ok 13, lucky B, 5, 13. Oh sir please stand up." Daniel said.

A french man in a white suit stood up.

"Oh hi there you are. Could you please confirm for me that you ate in fact seat number B, 5, 13?" Daniel asked.

"Yes." The man said.

"Okay wonderful. Now could you please tell us your name and the name of your bank?" Daniel asked.

"Well my name is Etienne Forcier. And my bank is Credit Republican of Paris." The french man responded.

"French. Ok. Uh...We were hoping for somethinga little more local, a kind of
mom-and-pop credit union with no security.But that's fine. A promise is a promise.Could you please come up to the stage and we'll rob your bank." Daniel said with confidence.

The crowd stood up and cheered fir us all. Here comes the part where we distract the audience. We are about to call out Arthur and thank him, even tho we all hate him. This is to distract the audience from what Merritt will be doing to the French man.

"There is someone here tonight
without whom we would just be
four magicians working the circuit,
trying to get...Well, actually, trying to get here.You probably know this man,
if not from one of the many, many
companies he puts his name on.
He is our friend. He is our benefactor.
Mr. Arthur Tressier. Please, stand up, Art. Please, stand up." Daniel said.

The spotlight shined over Arthur Tressler. He waved for a few seconds and then was about to sit back down until Merritt began to speak up.

"The only man here with
the Queen's cell phone number.
Actually, please, stay standing, Art.
I want to say that when we came
to Mr. Tressier,we promised that, as a unit, we could become the biggest name in magic." Merrit said.

After Merrit spoke he went back to talking to Etienne we had the all planned out. Merrit was using his hipnotism on him.

"So we wanted to say, 'Thank you.'
And by the way, Art, you notice on the sign out front, we made sure we put your name on top." Henley said.

"If you turn out to be as good
as you think you are, dear girl,
that won't be necessary much longer." Arthur said in response to Henley.

God I hated him we all did. On the stage Jack and I exchanged glances, gosh was he hot. I was staring at Jack until my attention was brought back when Henley announced we hadn't done our final act.

"We haven't done our closer yet. Why don't you watch it and then you can decide for yourself. Ladies and gentlemen, Arthur Tressler!" Henley said. The crowd applauded once more.

"Thank you. And, of course, once again,the Cardinal of Clairvoyance,
Merritt McKinney. Etienne, what Jack
is bringing to the stage now, is what we in the magic world call a teleportation helmet. You will need to wear this, as it will allow you to literally fold through space and time
to your bank in the...8th?" Daniel asked.

"9th arrondissement." Etienne responded.

"Yeah. Now, once you are there, we will be able to speak with you through this helmet." Daniel said.

Henley and I placed rhe helmet on Etienne.

"Oh, my God, that's beautiful.
(AUDIENCE CHUCKLING)it has the added attraction of being
very stylish.It's about time the French learned from America on that subject.
Is that a beautiful piece of headgear?" Merrit joked.

"It is." Daniel said trying to shut Merrit up.

"Mais oui. Mais oui. But before you go anywhere,could you please, pick a card, any card. Not that card. Oh!
No, that's an old American joke. You can take that one. Okay. This one?
Show it to your friends in Section B.
But not to us. Okay, great. Now if you could just sign your name there. In english if possible." Merrit said.

"Yes." Etienne responded.

"That's good." Merrit said as he patted Etienne on the back.

"Put it in your pocket.And now for one tiny detail. Now, Etienne, let's step into this cockamamie contraption. And I'll step off of it. Bonne chance. It's 11:50 p.m. here in Vegas. That's 8:50 a.m. in Paris. Your bank opens in less than 10 minutes.
One, two...Three." Merrit said.

The 'teleportation chamber' closed shut really fast making the audience gasp. I would to if I didn't know what really happened. The other Horsemen and I acted like something went wrong and we're acting worried when really we knew exactly what was happening.

"What the? Wow, Etienne? Who Etienne? It wasn't supposed to happen like that, was it?" Merrit said acting nervous (which he wasnt).

"Etienne. I liked that French guy where did he go?" I said.

"Wait there he is. No, no, no, no, please, please, please. This is Daniel Atlas. Can you hear me? Etienne? Are you okay?" Daniel asked.

"Yes." Etienne responded.

"Perfect. What do you see in there?" Daniel asked.

"Money. Looks like 3 million Euros worth." Etienne said.

"Okay, now, here's what
we're gonna need you to do.
I want you to take the card that you signed out of your pocket. And I want you to take the ticket stub from tonight's show and I want you to put it right there in the middle of the money. Now drop it. Now, on the side of your helmet you should feel a button. Don't press it just yet.
That button activates an air duct
that connects Paris to Las Vegas.
Okay, good. Now you can press it.
All right, now, Etienne, hold on tight.
You might feel a bit of a vacuum." Daniel instructed Etienne.

All the money was being sucked up. And now being hosed into the large theater in which we were perfroming are act. Everyone in the audience was standing up and cheering grabbing as much money as they could.

I started to walk towards Jack but then remembered Arthur was there so I resisted the urge. Instead I thanked everyone and said goodnight.

"Thank you everybody. We are the 5 Horsemen and goodnight!" I said running off the stage with the other Horsemen.

We all headed back to our hotel...

_______________________________________
AUTHORS NOTE: Ok I am so excited for the next chapter it is going to be amazing. There will be more of a build up on Jack and Haley's romance. Can't wait. Please leave feedback and comments on this post and let me know if you enjoyed this chapter and want more soon vote for it please :) also comment suggestions for future chapters. Some Haley and Jack romance you want to see coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177K 5.3K 29
Amber Journey is a normal FBI agent with a fiery past. However her newest case is utterly bizarre. Four Magicians, named "The Four Horsemen" have rob...
75.1K 2.3K 15
Delusion. Tricks. Lies. Deception. The Horsemen prefer to call it magic. "and now I'm laughing through my tears, I'm crying through my fear, but b...
26.1K 528 20
After a year in hiding, things between the Horsemen are beginning to fall apart. Henley Reeves left, Dylan Rhodes isn't telling the Horsemen anything...
43.1K 1.2K 18
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Cards Mentalism Escaping Art Eye Tricks and Magic. A story of five street magicians, who turn...