Royal Claims (Royals #1)

By booklovertash

"Do you ever get the feeling where you want to scream and rip out all your hair, where you want to crawl into... More

Authors Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Notes
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors notes
Chapter 10 part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Bonus Chapter
Sequel
Sequel is Up

Chapter 13

3.9K 137 1
By booklovertash

Chapter 13

When we get to school the moment I step out the car everyone looks at me. The guy’s eyes seem to pop out of their head and I can feel them all checking me out. I put my lolly pop back in my mouth and smile and strut my way into school. The corridors were noisy when I walked in but all conversations stopped by the time I was at my locker. I could hear them all whispering and that made me smile.

“Nikki you need to stop this.” Travis says when he finds me at my locker.

“Stop what Trav? I am doing nothing wrong.” I pat his chest and look up at him with such innocence.

“What the fuck are you wearing Nikki!” I turn to see Vixen looking at me like I have gone mad.

“How many times do I need to tell people, what I am wearing are cloths.” I slam my locker shut and make my way to class. When the bell goes I sit on the desk swinging my legs. When everyone comes in boys seem to halt in their tracks, as the girls have to nudge them along.

“It’s Nikki right?” A shape shifter comes up to me while we wait for our teacher.

“Sure is sugar cakes, what can you do for you?” I lean forward and I can see him looking at my girls.

‘I was just wondering how I never noticed you before.” He is still looking at my girls and I don’t care. I run my finger along his face and he looks into my eyes and I lean very close that our lips are almost touching.

“That’s because you were never really looking were you?” He is about to say something when our teacher walks in.

“Everyone quite down and Miss Stark please get off the desk.” He puts his papers down and is getting a look at me for the first time.

“You see something you like sir!” I purr and very slowly get off the desk. I can see a few boys shift in their seat and I smile to myself and sit down in my seat. Our homeroom teacher cannot stop looking at me and when it was time for first class he was out of that room faster than I could say boo. Our first class we had a vampire teacher called Eric and then moment I stepped into the room he looked at me and snapped the white board maker he was holding.

I walk past him and run my hand down his arm and I feel him shiver before he gets back to writing on the board. By the time lunch has come around everyone has heard of my new look and people always turn heads when I walk past. When I walk into the cafeteria all boys look at me but I smile when I see Cole coming towards me. The moment he see me he trips over his own feet and has to catch himself.

“Nikki.” Is all he says and I smile at him.

“Yes Cole.” I say and I can feel his eyes checking me out.

“Are you feeling ok?” He touches my arm and I feel like I am being stabbed my tiny pins and it makes me excited.

“Never better Cole.” I run my finger down his chest and walk outside. At Lunch I seem to be crowded by guys and I flirt with them all. By the time it is bloodlust I have never felt more alive in my life. The teacher is already in class and so is a heap of other students including Travis.

“Nikki?” My teacher is very surprised and look at my brother to me. I take a seat next to my brother and I can see all the other vampires in the class looking at me with worried faces.

Today we seemed to talk about how bloodlust can change us but I was too busy to notice. “Nikki can you come to the front for us for a second.” Mr. S ask and I do as I am told with a sway of my hips.

“Here is an example. Nikki how are you feeling?”

“Never better sir.” I smile but unlike my other classes no one seems impressed.

“Travis come here and let’s try something. Whisper something to your sister that will made her mad.” Our teacher says as if I am not standing right next to him.

“Sir I don’t think that is a good idea.” Travis explains.

“Don’t worry there are lots of matured vampires in here if she gets to out of hand.” My brother walks up to me and whispers in my ear.

“You know Nikki you are just as bad as Violeta, in fact you are worse I can see you getting pregnant and running off with a rouge vampire and becoming a rouge but unlike Violeta no one will ever talk to you again.” He takes a step back and I lunge at him.

“You son of a bitch!” I never got to Travis because someone grabbed me and my teacher was in front of me and had his hands on my face

“Nikki you are going to ok just relax, you are strong fight it.’ I can slowly feel his words sinking into me and I stop struggling and it is like this fog has lifted from me that has been clouding me all morning.  I feel confused and lost I just don’t know what to do. “Someone get Nikki a jacket.” I don’t understand why and when I look down at what I am wearing I let out a croaked laugh which turns heretical until I am crying.

“How are you feeling now Nikki?” My teacher ask and I look up to see him and the whole class watching me.

“Embarrassed. What the hell am I even wearing did I ransack Violeta’s room or something.” Our teacher passes me a jacket and I put it on and button it up.

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about it happens to all of us.” I nod my head and asked if I can be excused. My teacher lets me go but one of the other girls comes with me. I go into the bathroom and wash all my makeup off, then I start crying.

“Hey it’s ok.” She pats my back and I look at her I think her name is Ashleigh and I think she is 18.

“How is it ok I dressed like a hooker today, how does that make anything better?” I splash some more water on my face hoping it will calm me down.

“I remember when I first matured last year. I did something similar I thought it was hard but it must be harder for you to be so young.” She pats my back and I take a deep breath.

“It’s not fair, Travis managed the change like a piece of cake where I struggle every day. It’s not fair.” She listens to me rant for a while then takes me back into class. I took my shoes off and am looking at them with disgust. Once school is finished Travis made sure I got in the car before anyone came out. When I walk inside the first thing I do is change into track pants and a singlet.

“Back to normal Nikki?” Drake ask me when I find him in the lounge room with Mia.

“Yeah and sorry about yesterday.”  When I look at him I can see he understands.

“No harm done.” We sit in silence and I don’t mind. “So you and Travis matured. When?’ I sigh. I knew this was coming.

“The morning we turned 16, woke up with it all bloodlust, compulsion, strength, speed everything. We had the holidays to adjust. Travis did but not me as you can see.” I shrug my shoulders and I can feel his arms around me.

“I wish I was there to help dad did a good job but he can be a bit old fashion.” I laugh as I remember some of the things dad made us do.

“Old fashion isn’t the word I would use.” We both laugh and it feels good.

“So tell me what have you been up to tell me about yourself?” I spend the next 4 hours talking with Drake and his wife and asking them what they have been up to and some of their stories.

When we go to dinner dad doesn’t seem surprised by my change and I assume school rang him. Violeta doesn’t say anything when she sits down and I am swamped with guilt when I remember what I did to her.

“Violeta I am so, so, so sorry for what I did. I don’t think you will know how sorry I am please forgive me. You can snap my neck to make it fair if you want.” I was expecting for her to call me a bitch or yell something horrible but she doesn’t.

“It’s ok Nikki I remember when I went through mine. It’s ok.” I am shocked and I think everyone is expect dad and I wonder what is going on. The rest of dinner there are small conversations but never a big family discussion.

“Nikki can I see you in my office once dinner is finished.” I look at mum who has an encouraging smile on her face. So once dinner is finished I am sitting in my father’s office waiting for him to come in.

“Nikki.” He takes a seat and pulls out a very old looking book. “I would like you to start reading this and at the end of each week there will be a quiz on what you have read.” He hands me the book and I take a closer look at the book. It is old and covered in leather that is starting to fray. There is a gold lock on the front that looks like it needs some form of key to open it.

“What is the book on?”  I study the fine patterns embedded in the book cover as I wait for Dad to tell me what I will be reading.

“It is our history of all the vampire kings before you and there family line. Also tomorrow I have a council meeting. I would like you to attend to see how things are run so you will miss out on school but I am sure you won’t mind.” I take in what he has said before I talk.

“Dad as much as I would love to go and see how things are run don’t you think they will realise who your successor is and tell their children?” He rubs his chin as he thinks about it.

“Good point, maybe after you have been announced.” Dad says I can go so I take the book with me into my room and start to look though all the history of vampires. When I woke the next day I was asleep on my desk. My neck was sore from sleeping on the book my father gave me. When I look at my clock I can see I am running late. “Hi Mum, bye Mum.” I say running out the door and jumping into Travis’s car. “I know, I know I am late.” He smiles and shakes his head. When we get to school everyone was looking at me and a few eyes were checking me out, because I was running so late I paid no attention and ran to make it to class on time.

“Miss Stark, how nice of you to join us and to be in decent cloths today.’ I look down thinking something is wrong them I realise he is talking about yesterday. Oh great just what I need. A fairy who cannot lie.

“Sorry about that Sir, I was feeling a bit off with everything going on at home a stuff.” I take a seat and try to find my books to find they are not there. Great. In first class apparently we had homework but because I was so out of it I didn’t do it so I had to stay back after school today. Guys kept checking me out everywhere I went but if I had time I would be embarrassed but I was in such a rush I didn’t bother.

“Hey Vixen, please tell me we had no homework in this class.” She gives me a look and I know we did.

“Here!” She waves her hands and the homework has made its way to my book.

“Oh my god, you are a lifesaver.” When our teacher comes into class he is not fooled and he makes me stay back at lunch to do it. So when lunch came around I found myself with my teacher for supernatural history catching up on everything I missed.

“Sir am I allowed to eat.” He looks up from his work and gives me a pointed look.

“Once you finish Miss Stark, then you can eat.” I groan when my stomach rumbles, because I didn’t have breakfast either. By the time I am done it is time for our next class.

In art we had to pull out our projects we started yesterday and when I look at my work I frown as there is nothing on my page. When I look around I can see that people have some ideas or outlines on their page and I have nothing.

“Miss stark is there a problem?” I look to see me teacher standing over me.

“No just thinking but I have an idea.” She smiles and leaves me to my work. I didn’t bother doing a sketch I just got out a blank canvas and started to paint. By the end of the lesson I have half a face which is going to be covered by hair and darkness while the other side is light. Inspiration, my life. It is final class of the day English. Yay.  Note the sarcasm.

“Hey Nikki is it true that you have a werewolf staying at your house?” I groan as I hear Abigail talking to me.

“Yes, my brother and his wife are visiting. She is quiet nice which is surprising.” She looks at me as if I am an alien but before she can say anything our teacher walks in. Today we were watching a movie so I didn’t really concentrate. When class was over I was trying to find Travis.

“Hey Tav tell dad I have to stay back ok, thanks love you bye.” I don’t let him say anything as I run off to my teacher who was waiting for me outside her classroom.

“So Miss Stark you will be catching up on your blending homework that you missed. I suggest you get started now.” She points to the tables and I sit down. “Ah Cole, you finally decided to join us take a seat you too will be catching up considering you decided my class was beneath you yesterday.” Cole walks into the room and takes a seat next to me.

“So I will not have you talking to each other I will be back in a hour to see what you have done, so get to work.” Our teacher leaves the class room leaving just me and Cole. I open up my books and start my work. After about 10 minutes Cole still has not opened up his book and is leaned back in his chair watching me.

“Are you going to do your work or just sit there and watch me do mine?” I look up at him to see he is amused.

“I might do my work later.” I shake my head and get back to what I was doing. Cole leans over and is looking over my shoulder at my work.

“Do you mind? I am trying to get my work done so I can go home!” Just than my stomach growls and I groan at how hungry I am.  

“Was that your stomach?” State the obvious much Cole!

“Yes, I haven’t had any food today. So yes that was my stomach.” The thing is when I get very hungry I get very pissed very fast and it has nothing to do with the bloodlust.

“Well when we are done let me take you to get something to eat.” I am about to tell Cole no when the teacher walks back in.

“I hope you have been doing your work know let me see.” I hand her my work and so does Cole.

“Good to see your work done Cole and Nikki. You can both go.” I look at Cole’s book to see he has done the work.

“When did you do the work?” I ask once we leave.

“Oh I have my ways.” I roll my eyes at him and we walk into town which is not far. We end up in a café and Cole is getting us food when a human boy sits down with me.

“Hi I a Brad.” I smile at Brad. I guess he is the same age as me with blonde hair and blue eyes and he has a baby face which is cute.

“Hi I am Nikki.” I look around for Cole to see he is in the line buying food. Hurry up Cole. I think wishing I had telekinesis.

“Nikki that’s a pretty name. Well I saw you in here a few days go you looked sad I was going to come over but by the time I worked up the courage you left.” I smile at him and I see him blush. Great I had a fan. A human fan.

“Well I am feeling better, you know family issues and all.” I was trying to use my knowledge in blending 101 but we haven’t covered when human boys try to pick you up.

“I understand you just need to get away sometimes. So anyway I haven’t seen you at school before are you knew or something.” Know this I remember.

“No I have lived here all my life I go to Avalon High.” I wait for him to understand and his eyes widen.

“Oh, you go to the selective school? You must be smart if you got in, my friend tried but they turned him down.” He seems to frown but I smile to tell him there is nothing to worry about. To the humans our school is a selective school so humans don’t question it and when they do try to get in we turn them down.

“I am not that smart.” I state which is true Travis is heaps smarter than I am but I would never admit that to him, it would be terrible for his ego.

“Anyway I was wondering if you wanted to get together or something we could go and see that new horror movie together.” Great I was being picked up by a human dad would just love that. I looked to see Cole paying when I got an idea.

“I would love to but I was going to see that with my boyfriend tomorrow, so maybe another time?” In another year or another century.

“Oh I am sorry, I didn’t know. I feel like such an idiot.” Right then Cole comes over with food and drinks. “Well then I will see you around Nikki. You are lucky to have her dude.” Brad the human leaves at that.

“Boyfriend, hey is there something you’re not telling me?” This time it was my turn to blush.

“He was trying to pick me up, it was the best thing I could think of.” I shrug my shoulders and take a huge bite out of the sandwich Cole bought me. “This is good.” I mumble between bites and I can see that Cole is pleased with himself. We make small conversation while we are eating and once we have finished my stomach grumbled and Cole let out a deep, rough chuckle.

“You still hungry” I nod my head when I realise it is not food I want.

“We better get back before my dad send out a whole search party.” I stand up and we both walk out of the cafe.

As we walk home the wind starts to pick up and we are welcomed with the cool autumn breeze. “Hey Cole next week I am having a party for Vixen and wanted to know if you wanted to come? It’s nothing much just us and Damien.” We keep walking and I wait for him to answer.

“Sure, why not, I got nothing better to do.” When we reach my house I thank him and go inside.

“Hey Nikki come and help me will you.” I go and see what my brother wants from me.

“What do you need help with Travis?” I ask when I walk into his room to find papers everywhere.

“I don’t quite understand what we are mean to do for English help me?” I roll my eyes and sit down next to my brother. Even though we are the same age and in the same year school made sure not to put us in the same class and that was fine by me. An hour and a half later I catch on to what Travis is doing.

“You little shit, making me do all your work.” He looks up from the book he was reading with a smirk on his face and puppy dog eyes.

“Don’t know what you’re talking about.” He shrugs and I push him off the bed.

“Don’t play dumb with me. You are making me do all the work while you sit back and relax, well I am done. Do it yourself Travis.” I storm out the room and find dad sitting with mum in the lounge room.

“Hey Mum, hey Dad.” I say and sit down on the couch while they look at each other with such love in their eyes.

“Next week is Vixen’s birthday and she and a few people are coming over is that alright?” My Dad looks at me and smiles.

“Sure what ever!” He goes and kisses Mum so I guess that is my cue to leave.

“Hey Nikki I was just coming to find you.” Drake ask as I go into our second lounge room.

“Hey what did you need?” I take a seat and flip though some of the channels.

“I wanted to know if you know of any nice places around here. I want to take Mia out somewhere nice tonight.” I think about it but I really don’t go out so I wouldn’t know.

“Sorry I don’t get out a lot. Ask Trav he would know.” He thanks me and goes up into his room. I don’t get bored very quickly so I go into my room and start on my homework. Dinner for the first time is a nice quiet family dinner that almost seemed normal. Violeta is really starting to show but no one really says anything. Once dinner is finished we all go to bed without a hitch.

****

Hey everyone a new chapter yay. hope you enjoy. a side notes that was not Nikki and Cole's first date that is still to come that was more of a get to know you.

ps. Royal Claims is currently siting at #211 so a huge thanks to all my fans.

just a reminder to vote, comment and share.

thanks lovelies.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 16.5K 38
**this book is completed!!** This is a story about werewolves with some witches and vampires thrown in. -Preview- I opened my eyes to see a woman s...
115 19 11
Ever since I could remember my parents have always said I'm special,not the your great at sports special or the just because you can not make friends...
436K 13.1K 30
My life was simple and easy. A bit lonely but I liked it. It wasn't until I literally crashed into the one who would change my life forever. My world...
62.7K 1.8K 31
(COMPLETED) She is the Queen of all the covens of witches and warlocks around the world. She is the strongest and most powerful witch anyone has even...