The Princess of Elements

By YourSecretNerd

Book One in the TPoE series Arabella Rose is sixteen and has lived with her aunt and cousin for most of her l... More

The Princess of Elements
Chapter two: Er...that's not physically possible
Chapter three: The first sign of madness
Chapter four: Don't leave me
Chapter five: I'm a what now?
Six: I don't like sharing.
Seven: Off to the hell hole
Eight: A is for Alpha
Nine: New beginnings and new partners in crime
Ten: The PB's
Eleven: Bethany
Twelve: six pack
Thirteen- fire extinguisher
Fourteen: Betrothed
Fifteen- Sanity
Sixteen: 'Nice guy'
Seventeen: Princesses don't walk
Eighteen: The beach
Nineteen: The harsh truth
Twenty: 'The Elliot'
Twenty one: Crap on a cracker
Twenty Two: Grounded
Twenty three: Boys
Twenty Four - The Red Room
Twenty Five: The Ball 1
NOT AN UPDATE
26- the ball part 2
27. Now and then
28. Ari and Kyle
29. Witch Bitch
A question for you

Chapter one- Mother Nature

58.5K 2.1K 614
By YourSecretNerd

Okay so first chapter! Thank you so much for the lovely comments and the reads on the prologue. Criticism is welcome just don't be too mean. Think I'm getting the hang of this Wattpad thing! Hope you enjoy!

YourSecretNerd xoxox

I stepped out of Crabby’s (which is the name I thought suited the boy that was holding my chin because he seemed so ill-tempered) hand and looked around the room at the two other boys “Get out of my house before I shove my foot up your arse.” I growled at him.

He raised an eyebrow and stepped towards me “Shut up.”

“Get out!” I screamed as I took a step back

Jordans grabbed Taylor by the arm and pulled her towards him “Come on, play nice; you don’t want us to hurt Taylor here do you?”

“Let. Her. Go.” I hissed through my teeth just as Crabby grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards him.

“Now you listen here.” He hissed in my ear “You will not tell any of us what to do? Do you understand?”

I looked over towards the picture I had of Taylor, Stella on I that was hanging on my wall and felt my stomach turn at the thought of not seeing Stella again.

“I said do you understand?” Crabby shouted; making me jump.

“Yeah.” I mumbled but didn’t take my eyes away from the photo

I heard a click and looked over to see Mr. Gun pointing his weapon at Taylor’s head

“Yes!” I said desperately and took a step towards Taylor but Crabby held me back “Yes I understand! Just put that bloody thing down!”

Mr. Gun smirked at me and lowered his weapon before slipping it in the band of his trousers. “Are you sure it’s her?” He asked Crabby who rolled his eyes

“Do I look like an idiot to you?” Reaching forward he attempted to grab my arm once again

“How about I make you a little deal.” I crossed my arms over my chest and took a step back “If you leave right now I won’t call the police.”  

“And if we don’t?” Jordans cocked an eyebrow

“Well I’ll start by screaming and Taylor over here will jump out that window and run next door where she’ll tell everyone in that house that there are burglars in this house and well…I think you know what happens next.”

There were only two problems with my plan:

1)      Taylor was afraid of heights and the only way she was going to jump from my window to the conservatory roof is if I pushed her.

2)      I knew for a fact our next door neighbours had gone on holiday and so no one was home

“Or,” Crabby said and actually grabbed me this time “We could take you with us. Then you wouldn’t be able to call the police.”

“Er, you can’t do that. That’s called Kidnapping and it’s illegal.” Taylor said like ‘Duh’.

“I’m pretty sure breaking into someone’s house is illegal Tay and these boys didn’t seem to have a problem with that.” I glared at her and watched her gulp. “Slight problem there actually,” I smiled looking up at Crabby “I have a huge Geography essay that’s due in by the end of the week and if I don’t hand it in then I’m going to fail my GCSE’s and no one wants that…so, hop along.”

Crabby pulled me closer to him turned me around to face my bedroom door “Now,” He said from behind me “We can do this the easy way or the hard way. It’s your chose Arabella.”

I spun and faced him “How do you know my name?”

“You told me.” He smiled half heartedly and I knew he was lying

“That’s bull, I never said anything.” I raised my eyebrows and took a step towards the stairs. I was a fast runner; I could probably escape and find help. 

“Come on Arabella; don’t do something you’ll regret.” Jordans said slowly as if he was talking to a wild animal.

I took another step back and my eyes connected with Taylor's. When I knew she was watching me I quickly flickered my gaze to the window and back to her. I couldn’t leave her here to fend for herself; these boys could be complete psychopaths’ and I wasn’t going to leave my fourteen year old cousin with them. If she could escape then everything would be okay; I was a big girl and I could take care of myself. The fear in her eyes was visible but everyone needed to face their fears once in their lives.

She nodded in understanding.

Once the back of my feet were firmly at the edge of the stairs and all three boys had taken four steps towards me, I turned around and ran.

There were sixteen steps from the top floor to the bottom floor; I knew that because I once had sixteen bruises from where Taylor and I thought it would be a good idea to play ‘stair racing’ where each one of us was time the other and see how long it would take them to slide down the stairs from the top to the very bottom whilst sitting in a pillow case.

 I was on the fifth step when I heard the first pair of feet running after me, the eleventh when I heard the second and the fourteenth when I heard the third.

I placed my hand onto the front door handle but screeched when I felt a burning sensation rip through me, looking down at my left hand I realised that there was already a blister forming.

What the hell?

I knew I was accident prone but burning myself on a door handle in the beginning of December was taking it to a whole new level.

“Okay,” A voice said as they grabbed my shoulder “You want it the hard way.”

I didn’t have time to move before something sharp was stuck into my upper arm and my vision started to blur, my eyes started to droop and I fell into someone’s arms.

When I awoke I was in a bed. And a pretty damn comfortable one at that. Looking around I had no idea where I was; the walls were white and there was a table to my left and a large wardrobe to my right. The duvet on top of me was a dark shade of purple but some places were faded where the thing must have been old. Last night’s events played over in my mind almost like a film; I had the tendency to zone out a lot which got me into trouble with teachers at school.

I remembered telling my aunt that I was capable of looking after Taylor and then watching horror movies with Taylor and then…oh, then we were kidnapped. Great.

My aunt is going to chop me up and feed me to the crocodiles.

This was not okay.

  Flinging the duvet off of me, something red caught my eye and as I looked down at the sheet I saw blood. Touching my nose to see if I had a nose bleed my fingers came back clean. Why would there be blood on the sheets unless…oh god no.

Looking down at my trousers I saw a blood stain by the crotch.

This is not happening.

I sprang from the bed and went to open the bedroom door that led of to hopefully someone with tampons but it was locked.

“Hey!” I shouted and banged on the door “You need to open up!” I tried again but no one answered “I’m serious guys, mother nature is calling and she’s telling me I’m not pregnant so open up now before it looks like you’ve killed someone in here!”

The door swung open and I stepped back in time so I didn’t get a concussion.

“What is that?” The boy asked; without his ski mask I couldn't tell who he was. He had light brown hair and brown eyes. I would say he was probably a year or two older than me because he towered over me (although most people did because I was only 5ft4). His t-shirt clung to his biceps which (as well as making me drool) let me know that trying to push past him would be impossible. I looked down to his feet to see he was wearing a pair of Jordans.

Jordans!

"Well?" He asked and pointed down at my pyjamas.

My cow pattern pyjama bottoms.

Can life get any worse?

“It’s called the menstrual cycle.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest “It’s the process of ovulation and menstruation in women.” I quoted the Wikipedia statement I had to memorise so I could get a decent grade in biology one year “It’s Mother Nature’s little way off telling a woman she is not pregnant.”  

“Aaah!” Jordans covered his ears with his hands “Too much information!”

I crossed my arms over my chest “Are you going to get me a tampon or just stand there like an idiot?”

He stared at me with wide eyes for a few seconds before he nodded and turned away, locking the door behind him.

Glancing around the room I spotted a beautifully drawn picture on the wall. It was a baby with blonde hair and she was playing with a flower. She was concentrating so hard that tongue peaked out through her lips and I smiled; that's something I do.

Turning around, I gasped when I saw yet another boy standing at the door. His hair was a shade darker than Jordans. He was taller and better-built as well.

"How the hell did I get here?" I asked him

"I drugged you." He shrugged and walked towards me "I asked you if you wanted to go the easy was or the hard way. You chose the hard way when you tried to escape."

So, this was Crabby.

 Do you like my drawing?" He asked

"You drew that?" I asked in disbelief; the drawing looked professional

"I did." He nodded. I was about to ask him who it was but he handed the clothes to me "These are my sisters but you can wear them for the time being. There are some tampons as well."  I was quite surprised he could say 'tampons' without blushing unlike Jordans.

"Thank you Crabb-" I stopped myself from completing the sentence and saying the nickname I had given him.

He smirked "What was that?"

"I-I was just, er, asking where the bathroom was." I nodded to myself more than him.

He raised his eyebrows telling me he knew I was lying but I pretended not to realise. "This way." He led me out of the room I had been in and down the hall into a large bathroom.

"Where is Taylor?" I asked him

"She is downstairs. You may join her when you are ready." He said and shut me in the bathroom.

 I sighed and jumped in the shower, letting the warm water wash away any dirt that was on me.

My aunt was probably back by now and freaking out. She was going to kill me.

I took a deep breath, everything was going to be alright. Looking out of the window, I saw the most beautiful garden I had ever seen in my life. It was filled with roses, tulips, bluebells- there was every kind of flower I could think of.  But my happiness was short lives as there was a scream from downstairs.

"YOU DID WHAT?" The voice, that I had never heard before demanded making me drop the bottle of shampoo I was holding in fright.

As I reached down to pick the bottle up there was another loud sound but this time it wasn't a voice, it was more of a crash. Turning my face towards the window I let out a gasp and once again dropped the bottle at what I saw. Flames

My beautiful garden was on fire.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431 79 21
UNEDITED * STARTED: September 05,2022 COMPLETED: May 20, 2023* Elemental wars, an awkwardly flirtatious warrior lady, a missing king and one song t...
200 3 19
Naomi has grown up surrounded by technology and constantly warned that magic is dangerous, but when she's approached by a top-secret magic organizati...
38.7K 1.9K 49
'One person on their own may be able to save the world. But a team of friends, all working together, have a much greater chance of succeeding...provi...
205K 11.7K 51
Yet again Darkness is hungry for a war to end it all, but Light will always have troops at the ready. One girl. One kingdom. Eleven friends. Four Ele...