The Kidnapped Bride

By PrettyShattered

Alice is a normal girl living in a scary world. Scientists have created a new species called the Ys. They... More

Chapter 1- Kidnapped
Chapter 2- A Real Meeting
Chapter 3- The One I Want
Chapter 4- The One Who Wants You
Chapter 5- Face the Facts
Chapter 6- Missing and Found
Chapter 7- Feelings
Chapter 8- Who's Your Daddy?
Chapter 9- From Far Enough Away
Chapter 10- The Problem
Chapter 11- Where Angels Fear to Tread
Chapter 12- Actions
Chapter 13- Make Up Your Mind
Chapter 15- An Ultimatum
Chapter 16- Not Your Typical Bride
Chapter 17- Masquerade
Chapter 18- Finding Cinderella
Chapter 19- DNA
Chapter 20- Little Pig
Chapter 21- Something Worth Fighting For
Chapter 22- Homecoming
Chapter 23/Epilogue-The Wedding/ Your Devil
Not Another Chapter, Sorry- But I Made A Sequel!!!

Chapter 14- Stockholm Syndrome

24K 516 42
By PrettyShattered

{I feel these four walls closing in

face upaginst the glass, I'm lookin out in

Is this my life I'm wondering

Happened so fast

How do I turn this thing around?

Is this the bed I chose to make

These greener pastures, I'm thinkin about

Wide open spaces far away

All I want is the wind in my hair

To face the fear but not feel scared

Wild horses I wanna be like you

Throwing caution to the wind, I'll run free too

Wish I could recklessly love

Like I'm longing to

Wanna run with the wild horses 

Run with the wild horses}

Alice’s POV

It turns out I had been in the Refuge’s hospital, unconscious for four days straight.  I was shot just once, but four inches to the right and I would’ve been dead.

Kind of makes you rethink your priorities. 

.

Like the fact that I’m healing twice as fast as any normal person should.  Like the face that Xavier is now a constant in my life, and I want him to stay there. 

Whoever said Stockholm syndrome was a bad thing? 

Oh, and yeah there’s that little thing where Xavier can read my mind.  Just pick out thoughts as if I had said them loud and clear as day.  He can’t read anyone else, because we tried with the various nurses and doctors. 

Lucky me. 

The doctors are calling me a ‘medical miracle’; they say that ballistic trauma takes weeks to heal and months of physical therapy after that just to be able to move. 

I can already lift my arm above my head and rotate it in a full circle. 

I am being moved back to the Tower today, for which I am grateful.  It is more painful to sit here and do nothing but stare at the plain white walls than it is to get up and move around.  I feel like a caged bird in here while the room slowly condenses around me. 

“I’m sorry you feel that way.” 

“Goddammit Xavier you really have to stop doing that.”  My voice is harsh, and the hurt in his eyes makes me want to take it back immediately. 

“Look, it’s time to head back to the Tower.  I brought you clothes to change into.  Are you ready?”  I hop out of bed, take the clothes, and head to the restroom to change. 

Two days ago I was covered in bruises.  Now my skin is back to its normal peachy color with only the slightest discoloration and scarring where the bullet entered and exited through my shoulder.  The jeans are dark washed and skinny.  They are paired with a loose grey off the shoulder t-shirt, showing my circular scar.  There are Sperry’s for me to wear also. 

I follow Xavier over to the elevator.  The ride down is awkward to say the least, tension thickening the air.  When we get to the bottom floor, Xavier holds the doors closed.

“Why aren’t we getting out?”

“I thought you should receive a fair warning.  The press has found out you are here and they are outside.”

“So?”  The information is not relevant to me in any way.  “Why in the world is the media here?”  Xavier still has his finger pressed on the button, holding the doors closed. 

“As the prospective bride of the Prince of the Ys, you are already pretty popular.  Adding that to the fact that you were attacked only supports your ‘shroud of mystery.’”  Xavier makes finger quotes over the ‘shroud of mystery’ part.  “Are you ready?” 

“It can’t be that bad can it?” I ask genuinely worried now.  Xavier seems to understand my nervousness.  He reaches down to take my hand and for once I don’t pull away, taking comfort in his warm, strong palm. 

“You have no idea.” 

____________________________________________________________________

Xavier's POV

I take my finger off the button and the doors slide open.  Here we go. 

Almost immediately, the flashes of cameras blind me.  Reporters are practically throwing themselves at us, microphones being wielded as weapons of war. 

Oh God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God.  What are they doing?  Get away from ME!  Alice’s thoughts are a confused mess, and with a grimace, I forcibly pull myself out of them, shutting her out so I don’t get lost in there. 

I raise a hand to my face, shielding my eyes with one hand and pulling Alice tightly to my side with the other. 

“Prince Xavier, Lady Alice!”

“Lady Alice, are you engaged?”

“When is your wedding date set for?”

“Are you expecting?”

Alice has been shocked into stillness.  As gently as I can, I wrap her in my arms, trusting my bodyguards to ward off the worst of the paparazzi while I steer her out the back doors. 

Finally, we break through the throng of clamoring news people.  A black Cadillac is waiting outside the back of the hospital and I slide into it with Alice. 

“I, ah… ok I’m just going to get this out.”  Alice pauses and gives a shaky little laugh.  “You were right and I was wrong and, yeah that’s about it.  Those people are certifiably insane.” 

“They are, they really are.  And Alice, it’s not your fault that they were so pushy,” I answer, glad just to be in her company without her shouting something at me every five seconds. 

“You know, this is probably the first civil conversation we’ve had.  You should be proud of me.”  Alice’s obvious attempt at trying to make amends warms my heart, and I pull her closer, tucking her against my side for safekeeping. 

Or something like that.

By now we have reached the Tower, the large building seeming even more imposing silhouetted against the dark night sky.  Little twinkling lights come from the hundreds of windows in random patterns. 

When we step out of the Cadillac, the press is there again, but the bodyguards handle it without too much trouble.  We go inside, ignoring the stares of the people milling around the grand foyer.  The view from the elevator is even more brilliant in the nighttime, but it is not the scenic view that captures me.  It is Alice.

She has her hands pressed up against the glass in much the same way she did the first time we came here.  Going to Alice, I wrap my arms around her thin waist, leaning my chin on top of her shoulder and pressing my body flush against hers.  Alice stiffens, but doesn’t pull away.  I just stand there until she slowly relaxes, her back pressing closer to my chest. 

It feels good, natural, and right.  I know I love her, and Alice no longer seems to abhor the thought of me. 

We’re making progress.  Easing open my mental shields, I work my way into Alice’s mind.  It might be an invasion of privacy, but at this point I really want to know what’s on her mind.

This is not good, not right.  But if feels right.  I shouldn’t be doing this… but I don’t want to pull away.  Remember Emma.  But Zack loves Emma.  Can Ys love?  Is it even possible?

Yes, definitely making progress.  

__________________________________________________________________

Alice's POV

This is not good, not right.  But if feels right.  I shouldn’t be doing this… but I don’t want to pull away.  Remember Emma.  But Zack loves Emma.  Can Ys love?  Is it even possible?

Thoughts race around my mind like angry little hornets as we stand there in silence, watching the city shrink below our feet.  The elevator gives a little ding and we step out. 

At first, I think it must have been a mistake.  This floor is a pale, sickly looking orange and I hate it upon sight. 

“Oh, God no,” I say, pulling away from Xavier.  “I am not staying here.  Don’t get me wrong, I am not a superficial person, but I loved my old suite.  This,” I say, waving my hand around in a circle while staring at his disbelieving face, “is not going to work.”

I turn on my heel and march back to the elevator.  I could care less that I sound like a whiny little snot.  I am not messing up some more rooms when I had perfectly good ones before.  It is not going to happen. 

“The people who tried to kidnap you know you are there!  All they have to do is send someone and you’re going to get killed!  Alice,” Xavier breaks off and grabs my waist, hauling me back closer to his body.  “Can’t you just accept the fact that I cannot live without you.  Can’t you just accept the fact that I am in love with you?  Is that such a bad thing?” 

My throat thickens with tears; I try to swallow but nothing will go down.  “I-I,” my voice is quiet and small.  Gathering my thoughts, I plow on ahead.  “It took those people all of two minutes to find me the first time, and they had no idea where I was staying then.  It makes no sense to move when they can just find me so quickly again.  Besides… it’s unlikely they will try to send anyone if you’re here with me.”  I look down, ashamed that I need to rely on Xavier for protection. 

“Hey, look at me.”  Xavier moves my face up to look in his and crouches a bit so we are eye-for-eye.  “I do not think you are weak, Alice.  In fact you are the strongest person I know.  But right now I want to protect you.”

“Ok.”  I nod and Xavier looks relieved.  We head back to the elevator with me still tucked safely in his arms, where I belong.  The thought scares me, but I know it is true. 

Xavier loves me. 

Stockholm Syndrome indeed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 As promised, here is another upload- four pages on Word.  

I know to some people that is kind of wimpy.  But for me that is like... tons of effort.  So if you loved it...

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Thanks a ton in advance

Love, 

Elena

and PS if I don't respond to your comments please don't be offended.  I have tons of work and it is slightly time consuming.  I do read all of them though.  

pps, I have a major test to study for tomorrow and soccer tryouts, so I won't be able to upload till Fri night!  sorry but I'll upload two on Fri how about that?  

KK cool

VOTE AND COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 693 16
"You wish you never ever met em' at all" Yan!Twst x GN!Reader
514 0 29
y/n is just a normal boy living a normal life, but all that changes when he is attacked by a strange creature and saved by a mysterious girl, the nex...
18.6K 821 19
The Life Tree has fallen. Monsters crawl from its roots and terrorise the realms they reach. In offer of protection, the Demon realm unleashed its so...
264K 9.8K 29
🔞🔞 Tw:: abuse / violence / sexual themes / gore It's tradition for a Fae to marry a demon if peace between the realms is to continue. The fairy...