Farewell and Goodnight || Seq...

lostinparadise25 által

There is new love, new hope, and new adventures to be shared. Ella is back at college to finish her second ye... Több

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen

Four

5.4K 292 43
lostinparadise25 által

Stuck a couple Nellie moments in there just for the heck of it.

and a possible mellie. c;

mellie, nellie, and lellie. it's so cute i love them all.

thanks for your patience.

Chapter Four.

{ M E G }

It was suddenly Saturday and I found myself at the park with my brother, Danielle, Louis, and our kids. Eva and Dakota were on the playset somewhere with Loki and my son. He was acting so wildly I mistook him for LIam's dog once or twice. His antics made me laugh. It was clear who he got it from.

Danielle noticed me staring at my kids intently and sighed in satisfaction.

"We did a good job." Danielle reached over and squeezed my hand.

I twisted my head away from the playground and turned to my sister-in-law. "Um. Yeah. Okay."

Louis and Liam laughed at my awkwardness. I gave Danielle a funny look as Louis wrapped his arm around me.

"Why do you say it like that?" I questioned, my eyebrows raised slightly.

"Well, because a lot of work goes into a kid you know - "

"Oh dear."

" - I mean, Dakota had better turn out okay because she was - "

"LA LA LA LA LA - "

"If I had to give myself a grade, it'd be an A plus - "

"THAT'S ENOUGH." I screamed as Liam almost spit out his water. "Control your wife, Liam."

"Hey, she's being honest." Liam shrugged and I buried my head into my hands.

"Don't they make you watch a video for this stuff? Gosh." Louis mumbled near my ear, just to keep the bit going.

"You're not helping either." I accused Louis, crossing my arms. He rubbed my shoulder as he laughed in my ear. I couldn't help but smile. His laugh was always something that brightened up my day.

"You sure you want to be with these two for three weeks?" Louis raised his eyebrows.

"Yes."

"Alone? On a mountain? Hours away from civilization?"

"And just a few steps away from a bedroom." I smirked.

Louis kissed my cheek. "You're no better than Dani."

"I'm more discreet."

"Thank the Lord." Liam playfully gagged.

I stuck my tongue out at him as Danielle laughed and leaned back onto Liam's chest. Liam leaned back onto his elbows and adjusted his shades, looking at me.

"You picking El up or me?"

"Did she ask one of us to?" I asked, a little confused. "I could've sworn Luke was going to drive her home since he's got a ride. Then he'd be with us for a day or two."

"She called me the other day. Asked about it."

"I can pick her up. Shouldn't be a problem."

"Or we can get Niall too." Danielle grinned.

I gasped. "Perfect."

"I'll tell her I'll pick her up." Louis jumped in. "It'll be two plot twists."

"She's gonna be so happy. It's been like years. He's got a kid now, it feels like ages since we've seen him." Danielle muttered.

I smiled at the thought of Ellie and Niall, One of my favorite memories occured when she was six and I found her completely glued to Niall's side.

"Ellie, sweetie?" I'd checked her room in the boys huge flat when I had first met them. I'd gone through practically the whole house but Liam pointed outside and I found Niall and Ellie sitting outside. Niall was playing the guitar with her as she listened.

All the boys except Liam and Niall were out. Liam told me Niall was just about to head out with the other guys to go do something but Ellie stopped him at the door and begged for him to stay back with her. He scooped her up and took her outside.

Ellie was shy around most of the boys except for her brother obviously. She started to accept Louis seeing as I accepted him. Zayn and Harry made her a little wary, but whenever she saw Niall she stared at him as if he was the greatest man who ever walked the earth.

He told her a joke and she laughed. He strummed his guitar some more as Liam and I watched from the family room window. Liam hugged me as Niall dropped his guitar and pulled her into her lap and tickled her. She would take his hats and run around the house with them. My heart warmed at the memory. Niall was her sunshine when all was grey. He still was.

"Do you think something's up between Luke and El?" Liam asked, looking out towards the playground. I felt Louis turn a little so he could listen better. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his chin on my head, making me roll my eyes.

"I don't know. When's the last time we called her?" Louis questioned.

We were silent for a second, racking our brains to try to remember a date or situation when she called us.

"Maybe two weeks ago." I whispered.

"Same, until that call about her ride." Liam mumbled.

"Think she called me a little before then." Louis whispered.

"About what?" Danielle looked up.

"It was brief. She just asked how I was. How things were at home. Holiday plans. Nothing suspicious."

"How did she sound?"

Louis paused. "Drained."

"Probably ready to be done with college."

"Maybe." Liam whispered. "Or something deeper."

"She's an adult," I said. "It's about time we started to treat her like one. She's okay. Nothing my baby sister can't handle." I smiled at the thought, and the discussion of Ellie came to a close.

* * * * *

{ E L L I E ' S }

Holiday finally came and I was ready to get off campus. Louis was picking me up to him nad I couldn't wait to see him and Meg and everyone back at home. I zipped up my last bag, muttered a goodbye to Alice and darted out the door.

I took the elevator down to the first floor and went from there. I hadn't spoken to Luke in a couple of days. My head hurt too much to think about him. I just focused on my finals then prepared to get home.

Michael was a great comfort. He was always sort of there. I'd always bump into him, with or without Ashton and the other guys. Whenever I saw Ashton, a vile lump in my throat would begin to form. It was the same sickening feeling I felt whenever I heard or saw Walter. My mouth would taste like metal. My hands would shake slightly. It was signs that I never really regarded.

They were like my "Spidey senses" that I rarely ever listened to.

I wondered if Meg had those too.

I waited near the main building, looking at my phone to check the time. Louis would be here any minute and then I'd be home with my nieces and nephews and family. We'd all be right there at home, then up in the mountains, away from people and text books and other stressful things. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and smiled contently.

"Need some help with those, Ells?"

The Irish accent was far too familar.

My eyes widened and I followed my instincts to see my childhood friend there, gesturing to my bags.

I almost burst out into tears as I rushed to greet him.

"Whoa, there!" He steadied himself, seeing as I almost knocked him over. I breathed into everything I had of him in the moment. His cologne and his slight facial hair and his beautiful hair and kind eyes and strong arms. "I take it you missed me?"

"I hate college."

"Hey, you're almost out. Keep it up, Ells."

I looked up into his eyes as I pulled away. He gave me a little smile and I noticed the snapback he was wearing. It was the one I would always steal from him as a kid. He ruffled my hair and placed the snapback on my head, pulling it over my eyes. I pouted as he walked past me to grab my luggage. I spun around to see him laughing.

"Nice look for you."

"Thanks."

"All right, get in now. Passenger seat's all yours. Your family awaits you." He said, sticking my luggage in the trunk and shutting it.

"Keep this between me and you, but I'm really glad Louis didn't pick me up."

Niall laughed his glorious laugh as he walked over to the driver's side.

"That is why I love you, Ells." He squeezed my hand softly as we both got in the car. He started it up with his key and started to pull out of the parking lot. I reached for the radio until I saw someone familiar running up to the car in the distance.

"Wait, hold on." I stopped Niall, who slowed down in confusion.

"What's wrong?" He looked over to where I was looking. "You know that kid?"

"Sort of." I unbuckled my seatbelt and jogged out to meet Michael.

He was always sort of there. A small part of my life that grew bigger and bigger with each moment we interacted.

"H-Hey, sorry to hold you up," He said, out of breath. "J-Just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas." He nodded curtly. "See you around, Ella."

I took the card from his hand with a grateful smile. I started to correct him, insisting he call me Ellie, but I liked the way he said my name. His accent made it sweeter.

"Thanks. Merry Christmas." I pulled him into a quick hug. I could tell he wasn't expecting it from the way he tensed against my bold move but slowly he hugged me back.

"Merry Christmas."

We broke away and I waved goodbye, rushing to meet Niall back in the car. I smiled, holding the card close to me.

"Who's that kid?" Niall muttered as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"Michael. Michael Clifford."

"Cool hair." He admitted and I burst out into laughter. "What?" Niall looked at me innocently. "It's cool."

He's pretty cool too.

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

327K 11.5K 26
Liam is the new kid at Gateway High School, London. He quickly becomes friends with Louis Tomlinson, an average not so popular boy at Gateway who sho...
28.8K 1.2K 35
Louis comes to the bakery every morning and he knows everyone there. They know Louis personally that his friends with everyone who works there. There...
388 8 11
Louis and Harry were once really happy. They welcomed new people with open arms and they were really the type of friend that you would want to have a...
6K 170 1
One shot. Louis needs loving and Harry is willing to do just that. ~originally written and posted onto AO3, November 2015