But I'm not a V A M P I R E (...

By FallinginReverze

"Seriously? You really thought I would accept you? I'm way too out of your league, retreat from talking to me... More

Author's note and Cast of Characters
Ch.1 I'm Elite's Favorite
Ch.2 First day
Ch.3 Everyones Girlfriend
Ch.4 Hate that I love you
Ch.5 Popped Rice
Ch.6 Invader Zim
Ch.7 Hot Issue
Ch.8 It is a Date!
Ch.9 21 Questions
Ch.10 Awkward
Ch.11 Only Reminds me of You
Ch.12 Rejection
Ch.13 Lies
Ch.14 Moving Closer
Ch.15 Stuck on You.
Ch.16 Bitten
Ch.17 Sorry not Sorry
Ch.18 Girl from Hell
Ch.19 Out of my League
Ch.20 Moment of Truth
Ch.21 Memory Kill
Ch.22 Happy First Month!
Ch.23 Happy First Month! pt. 2
Ch.24 Maybe
Ch.25 It Ends Tonight
Ch.26 Fixing a broken heart
Ch.28 Someone Like You
Ch.29 Cause and Effect
Ch.30 A Twist in my Story
Ch.31 Expect the Unexpected
Ch.32 Let's get married
Ch.33 Cassy Montreal
Ch.34 Beautiful Goodbye
Ch.35 All of Me
Epilogue

Ch.27 Rebound

52K 1.5K 613
By FallinginReverze

ALLISON'S POV

I stopped playing and rested my head on top of the piano when Missy walked out of my room.

"I'm not strong enough for the both of us.... what am I supposed to do?.... You know I love you" I sang almost whispering as my tears started to fall again.

She's mine now!

I closed my eyes upon remembering what Missy said a while ago. I already anticipated that this moment will happen once Salt finds out, but it still hurts like hell. I lost the most important person in my life now, and it's all because I chose to keep my past a secret.

It breaks my heart to know that she accepted Missy's love just like that but I can't blame her. I closed my eyes again and started playing with the base notes again.

"Cassy" I mumbled.

"Salt" I added afterwards.

No one can explain the emotional pain that I'm feeling right now. I feel like Missy betrayed me, but I don't have the rights to argue because I gave her the chance to steal Salt away from me. Now I'm alone and have nothing.

I decided to lay on my bed to rest after almost an hour of crying. I immersed myself in staring blankly at the ceiling afterwards, but was interrupted when my phone started vibrating.

"What" I said flatly. It's the staff from the jewelry shop where I bought Salt's necklace, she called because she's confirming my order.

"Do you like it?" It's more like a statement than a question. I sensed her confusion by my question but she still replied with a yes.

"That's yours now, don't call me again" I said before turning off my phone. That necklace is useless now because I am already single. I covered my eyes with my right arm afterwards and started crying again till I fall asleep.

I woke up with the sound of music coming from the living room. I scratched my head in annoyance because I don't like the song. If I remember the title of that song correctly, it is What the fox says or something like that. I swear it's the most ridiculous song that I've ever heard in my entire life.

I breathed out loud before standing up. It's already Monday, and whether I like it or not, I have to attend class. I didn't see Salt yesterday because I didn't get out of my room since the night that she broke up with me.

I frowned when I saw Missy dancing with the song in the living room while on my way to kitchen.

"Good morning Ali!" She greeted me ecstatically which I replied with a small smile. She's so happy and I know why.

I leaned on the counter top while sipping the coffee that she made for me. I don't know what I would do or feel if I see Salt later in the class.

"I prepared omelet, the maid said she can't come over so please bear with my bad cooking" she said smiling. I glanced to the table to check the battered omelet that she's talking about.

"I'm not hungry so don't worry about me" I said flatly before finishing my coffee.

"Okay" she said pouting.

I don't want to upset her but I'm not in the mood to indulge her as well. I don't have appetite since Saturday, since Salt left me. She sighed before picking up the plate of omelet and threw it on the garbage bin afterwards.

"Thanks for the coffee though, you go to the class first, I'll be a little late" I said and about to walk back to my room when she spoke.

"I don't want you to be like this, Ali" she said without looking at me.

"What's wrong with me?" I asked, my back on her.

"You're back to your old self again" she paused.

"When Cassy died" she resumed afterwards.

"Am I? I didn't realize that. I'm fine so don't worry" I replied chuckling.

"Ali, I know it's hard for you now that me and Salt are dating but please don't look so down like that, smile at least even if it's just for pretention" I massaged my temple before facing her.

"I'm sorry but I can't make myself happy just to please you" I said flatly before walking away. I really don't feel like coming to class today.

"Good morning Allison" I smiled and bowed for the nth time. My mouth is getting tired of faking a smile. I decided to take a shortcut to avoid being greeted by the students. There's a way to the senior-high building by passing through the greenhouse.

I frowned when I saw Luna talking to a chick. Her eyes averted on mine when she noticed me approaching but I pretended that I didn't see her and just kept on walking.

"Hey Allison!" She called after me but I ignored her. I stopped when she suddenly grabbed my shoulder. It pissed me off so I slapped her hand away from me.

"Hey chill!" She said smiling. I just glared at her before turning around to walk away but she stopped me again. I wanna punch her face but I controlled myself because the student that she's talking with a while ago is still with her. Instead, I arched my brow and waited for what she's going to say.

"Uh... I heard what happened, uh Keena told me and Mi---"

"Shut up" I interrupted her. She was taken aback for a moment because she knows my tone when I am angry.

"Hey I'm just here to say so---" I interrupted her again by grasping her mouth and pushed her to the wall of the greenhouse afterwards.

"I said shut up! Don't you know what that means? I said shut up!" I yelled to her face. She slapped my hand away from her mouth but I'm too strong and too angry. I released her after a while when I realized that I am hurting her too much. My hands are trembling because I am trying my best not to punch her.

"Why did you do that!" She yelled in anger before pushing me away.

"I told you to shut up, you didn't" I said flatly before turning around to walk again when she spoke.

"I just want to apologize!"

"Apologize? for what? you already ruined everything so better eat your sorry because it's useless" I said irritably.

"I didn't mean to make you two break up, I just want to take revenge because I saw you with Keena, but I don't want you two breaking up" she explained hastily. Her reasoning made me laugh so hard because it's so stupid.

"You didn't mean it really? Your stupidity was the reason why Salt left me. You're a moron do you know that? I don't understand why girls here like you, when the truth is that you're only a walking airhead!" I said while pointing my finger to her. She frowned and pointed her finger to me as well.

"Look who's talking! You're a walking zombie! The only difference is that you don't smell dead but deep inside you're rotten!" My ears ticked when I heard her, and then in an instant, my hand already landed on her face.

"You son of a bitch!" She said before slapping my face as well. It pissed me off more so I pulled her blazer and tried slapping her again but she dodged it by shoving my hand away. She then pulled my blazer as well and we're now locked with each other. We were in that position when Missy arrived together with none other than Salt.

I got nervous so I immediately let go of Luna's blazer.

"Why are you two fighting? You're both in school grounds, dad won't like that" she preached from afar. I don't care whatever she's saying because my attention is locked on Salt. She's looking directly at me but all I can see is hate.

"Missy I'll go ahead" she said sweetly to my sister and kissed her cheeks.

Jealousy immediately struck me but I didn't let it show. I don't know if I'm going to smile or what when she started walking towards my direction.My heart started beating fast when we're finally face to face.

I was about to greet her but she walked past me. Some of her hair brushed on my face because of the wind and it felt like sharp knives and it made me realize that I hurt her so much that hate is overpowering her love for me.

"Hey you two don't fight here" I didn't realize that Missy is now in front of me. I gazed at her cheek where Salt's lips landed moments ago.

How fortunate.

"I'm going now" I said while glaring to Luna.

I composed myself before entering our classroom, everybody immediately greeted me and some of them initiated a conversation to have my attention. I tried my best to pretend that I am enjoying  the conversation to dismiss the feeling of wanting to talk to Salt.

I glanced to her direction and saw that she's busy teaching physics to one of our classmates. She's so beautiful, her eyes with her long eyelashes and rosy cheeks. I missed her so much and seeing her smiling to other people and not to me makes my heart ache again.

I flinched when her eyes suddenly averted on mine, I gave her an apologetic look but she just raised her brow at me before turning her attention back to our classmate.

"Earth to Allison" Rosa snapped at me.

"Huh?" she frowned by my reaction.

"Your attention is with Salt the whole time I'm talking, that's rude" she said annoyed and rolled her eyes at me afterwards.

"What were you saying?" I asked again, faking a confused tone.

"I just noticed now that you and Salt is acting strange, you both act right now like you don't know each other" I didn't respond to dismiss the topic.

"I'm your friend you know, you can talk to me if you have a problem" she said while tapping my right shoulder. I smiled because I'm touched by what she said, but I can't tell her what I'm going through right now because my relationship with Salt was a secret.

"Thanks Rosa but I don't have a problem, I'm just busy right now because dad wants me to start handling most of our business. About Salt, we just had a simple misunderstanding, I'll fix it with her soon" I assured her.

"Hello young ones!" We all frowned when our P.E teacher suddenly arrived, it's not our P.E subject yet.

"Don't give me that boring look children! Let's play soccer!" She said enthusiastically.

Everyone groaned in annoyance before they started heading out to the field. I followed them though I will not participate, I'm just gonna watch Salt.

"Let's have a good battle! We'll make two teams and the leaders will be Missy and Allison" Our teacher announced as soon we arrived in the the soccer field.

The heck? I gave the teacher a questioning look but she just smiled at me and pointed her finger above. It means that dad asked her to include me in the game.

Of all the games why soccer? And I really hate P.E! I protested mentally because I don't have a choice.

"Let's have fun and let's see who is the better team, your efforts in this game will be rewarded by a vacation trip!" Everybody cheered upon hearing her explanation.

"This is exciting! Ali let's do our best!" Missy said ecstatically.

"Of course, may the best team win" I said faking an excited tone as well.

"I want to be in Ali's group!" Most of our classmate said which annoyed me more.

Yeah choose me so that you'll all lose I protested mentally. They all know that I'm not attending P.E so I don't know why they want to be in my group. I became conscious when I saw on the corner of my eye that Salt is looking at me.

"Wait that's not fair, I think we should draw lots" Rosa suggested.

"That's a good idea" I seconded which everybody approved.

The groupings are settled after ten minutes, and I'm a bit upset because Salt is in Missy's group.

"Alright everybody let's get started! May the odds be on our favor!" Rosa said excitedly.

Everybody laughed because it's the famous line in the Hunger games movie, she's in my team and I hope that she's good in soccer. Salt is a good player as Cassandra, and Missy is a bit sporty too.

I released a heavy sigh because I can foresee our defeat. I'm not good in sports and I easily get tired because I have low endurance.

We immediately positioned when we heard the whistle.

"Okay teams! Let's start!" Our teacher said.

I am one of the striker and I honestly don't know what to do. Missy's team got the ball and everybody started running. I'm just standing as I watch my members try to steal the ball. Kay, one of Missy's teammate kicked the ball towards Salt, she caught it easily using her chest.

"Wow" I mumbled in amazement. My eyes widen when she kicked the ball towards me.

The heck? Seriously? I closed my eyes and prepared myself to be hit the ball but Missy suddenly appeared and kicked it towards our goal.

"That's not for you Ali, she's really passing it to me" she explained smiling. I just rolled my eyes at her in response.

This is not good, they already scored and the time is immediately running out. I don't know what to do and I bet I looked stupid right now.

"Hey guys! I know I'm not good in this but let's try our best okay? I can't help much but I'll try my hardest" I said as we positioned again. Our goal keeper threw the ball at me and I contemplated for a moment of what to do with it.

Crap what should I do?! I am starting to panic. I glanced to my right side to ask for help but all I see is Salt, she's looking at me intently.

"Is she waiting for me to do something?" I mumbled.

I don't want to look helpless in front of her so I immediately faced the front which caused the ball to land perfectly on my face. I fell to the ground because the impact is so strong.

Ouch! I think I saw birds flying.

"Ali!" I heard my name being called multiple times but I fell so dizzy, I feel like floating. I closed my eyes to ease the dizziness and was glad that it was effective.

"I'm sorry Allison, I didn't mean to land it on your face" Our goal keeper said apologetically.

I don't want to look helpless in front of everyone right now so I forced myself to stand up. They all looked anxious when I said that I will still play.

"What? you saw a ghost?" I joked while trying to hide the pain that I am feeling right now.

"Are you alright?" Missy asked me again. Salt didn't say anything and it made me a bit sad because I want her to care.

"I'm fine! I just lost my balance when I was about to catch the ball, let's continue!" I said ecstatically.

Everybody seemed convinced except Missy because she knew me so well. She knows that she can't stop me if I want to do something. I can't let my team lose, but it's not about the prize for me. I just want Salt to see that I'm not helpless and not just a nuisance in this game.

We're playing for almost thirty minutes when we finally scored. Everybody cheered including me, I even hugged my team member that scored in so much happiness. She's blushing when I let go of her and she was at lost for a moment.

Is that really my effect on the students?

I'll treat my teammates for lunch if we win in the game. I'm really happy right now because the score is tie now. I suddenly realized that it's fun to laugh and play with my classmates once in a while. All of my attention was focused with Cassy when she's alive, and even after she died.

Our attention was caught when our teacher whistled.

"It's only a tie so don't celebrate yet, the first team to win 2 points will be the winner so do your best" she said seriously before whistling again to start the game.

Missy's goal keeper kicked the ball to Salt's direction. She ran swiftly but my teammates are deeply motivated. I am just waiting near the goal because I'd like to be the one to block it if ever she'll go for the goal. It's my first time playing soccer so I want to give my full effort.

I want to show Salt that I can be good in sports too if I want to. Rosa was able to steal the ball from Salt but Missy is persistent enough to get it back. The time is running out and I am in so much pressure. Missy kicked the ball towards Salt and she immediately kicked it to my direction. The ball almost hit my left cheek, that's how close it is.

Our teacher whistled.

"2-1" she said. I was stunned for a moment because it happened so fast.

Missy team rejoice in victory while I remained still. I touched my cheek and sighed in relief afterwards.

I glanced on my right side when I felt that someone is staring at me. Salt is looking at me with a blank expression on her face.

"Did she kick the ball towards my face on purpose?" I muttered frowning. Maybe that's her way of telling me that I'm useless and the idea immediately pissed me off.

I groaned before taking the role of goal keeper.

"Whoa Allison what are you doing?" Maria asked me confused.

"I'm gonna be the goal keeper" I said flatly.

"No it's dangerous here, let me do this" she said while shaking her head in objection.

"Maria, I said I'm gonna be the goal keeper get off and play, trust me on this" she shook her head in surrender before getting in position.

"What? Let's play" I said when everybody's eyes turned to mine when they noticed that I am the goalie.

Missy whispered something to Rosa, then Rosa ran to my direction.

"Allison this is just a game don't take this seriously, I don't think that it's a good idea that you'll be the goalie" I got annoyed upon hearing what she said.

"Yeah this is just a game and I want to win period!" I said sternly.

"Go back there and let's start" I added.

"Fine" she sighed in surrender before running back to her position.

"Let's start!" Out teacher announced before whistling. We only have ten minutes left so immediately tossed the ball to Rosa.

It took almost five minutes when Missy tried to hit the goal but I'm fast enough to block it using my right hand, it hurts like hell but I ignored it.

"Way to go Allison!" Rosa cheered.

I just smiled at her before passing the ball to her. The game is tight and I almost stumbled because my shoelace is not tied properly.

"This is not good" I mumbled. I observed the players while waiting for the right moment to properly tie my shoelace.

"No one's gonna hit for the goal anytime soon" I muttered before bowing down to fix my shoelace.

"Allison!" I flinched when I heard my name.

Kay kicked the ball towards me and it's too late to block or dodge it, so I just waited for it to hit my face but it didn't happen because Salt kicked the ball swiftly out of the field. Everybody sighed in relief including me, she ran to her teammates afterwards and cheered because they won. The time is already up.

"Missy's team won" the teacher declared and congratulated them. I sighed in upset before sitting on the ground, massaging my head to ease the pain.

"Good thing Salt saved your face" Rosa while catching her breath. She sat beside me afterwards.

"Yeah, but I can block it I swear" I lied. She just smiled at me in response, I know that she don't believe me because it's all over her face.

I rolled my eyes at her before standing up. I'm thirsty so I headed to the vending machine to buy water.

"I guess I have to practice more" I said sighing before inserting the coin on the slot. I'm so upset right now because I really want to win.

I'm sitting on the bench beside the machine when Salt appeared, her sweat is all over her body but she still looked sexy with it. She ignored me and was about to walk away after getting the soda when I spoke.

"Hey" she stopped but she didn't look my way.

"Thanks" I said simply.

"Thank Missy because I did it for her. She doesn't want you getting hurt" she flatly said before she continued walking away.

"I can handle myself, I'm not a child anymore" I called after her but she ignored me.

I understand that she's angry at me but she should at least speak to me properly because I'm still the owner of this school and sI'm her sponsor. I tossed the empty bottle of water in the trash bin in annoyance before heading to my room. I won't go back to class because my headache is killing me.

♥♥♥

"Happy Monthsary" I mumbled sadly. I forgot to erase the alarm on my phone and the sound woke me up from my sleep. This day is supposed to be special and I prepared for this day.

I went to the kitchen afterwards and shrugged my shoulders when I saw that Missy already made me a cup of coffee. There's a note beside it.

Have a breakfast with her, drink your coffee :)

"Breakfast your face" I snorted after reading it. I crumpled it afterwards and tossed it in the trash bin.

"Happy Monthsary!" I shouted. I'm glad that no one can hear me right now. I smiled bitterly before frying three pieces of egg, I made sure that the yolk is neatly cooked.

"Perfect!" I said when I'm done. I placed two plates on the table and put the egg on it. I'm like a child pretending that I'm on a date. If someone can see me right now, she'll definitely think that I am crazy.

"Let's eat! Itadakimasu!" I said before forcing myself to eat. I only ate the egg whites and placed the yolks on the other plate.

"You know I don't eat egg yolks right" I said smiling. I flinched when I felt my tears flow down my cheeks, I just realized that I am already crying. I was like that for a minute before I decided to wipe it and laughed out loud afterwards.

I took a bath for thirty minutes and was ready for class after an hour. I don't feel like attending the class but I remember that we have a quiz today.

I reached the class on time and was able to finish the quiz in just twenty minutes. It is easy as usual and I don't know why most of my classmates find it very hard. Maybe I'm just lucky that I was born smart.

Salt is just on my right side but it feels like we're miles apart. She's frowning while focused on answering the quiz, I smiled because she looks cute. I immediately averted my gaze outside of the window when her eyes turned to mine. I wonder if she and Missy had sex already. I know that it's not a good thought but I can't help myself not to wonder.

"I hope they haven't yet" I mumbled before standing up.

"You may go now" the teacher said as soon as I handed her my quiz.

"Thank you ma'am" I politely said before heading out of the class.

It's only eleven in the morning and I bet most of my classmates will be finished by twelve. We don't have classes after the quiz so I decided to go to the mall to kill time.

"I'm just gonna watch Enders Game" I suggested to myself. I bought three tickets so that no one will be sitting beside me. The beginning of the movie bored the hell out of me so I immediately drifted to sleep.

"Ma'am" I groaned with my eyes closed when I heard someone spoke.

"Ma'am" I heard the same person said while gently tapping my shoulder. I groaned again before shoving her hand away.

"Ma'am the movie is already finished"

Movie?

"Oh crap" I immediately opened my eyes when I remember that I'm in the cinema. I straightened my sit and removed my 3D glass afterwards.

"Sorry, I'm just so tired today" I explained in embarrassment which she replied with a polite smile. I immediately went out to avoid the people that witnessed me sleeping. I can't believe I wasted my money just to sleep in the cinema.

I put my hands inside my pocket because it's freezing cold due to the heavy snow. It's already dark outside, I glanced on my watch and saw that it's already eight in the evening. I should be home before ten pm so I drove back fast to the dorm.

I reached by exactly ten and stopped by the auditorium when I noticed that the lights are still on. I forgot to inform the janitor earlier that my plan is already cancelled. The piano that I'm supposed to use for my surprise is already on the stage. I contemplated for a moment if I'm going to leave or still play.

I decided to play since I'm not tired yet, and everybody's on their own dorms in this time so no one will hear me. I removed my gloves and slowly tipped the piano keys.

"I need sometime just deliver the things that I need for now" I started to sing. I don't know why but this song from Mayday Parade makes me sad and relaxed at the same time. When I'm done, I played next the song that I'm supposed to play for Salt tonight.

Its always been a mystery to me,
How two hearts can come together,
And love can last forever.
But now that I have found you I believe,
That a miracle has come when God sends the perfect one.
So gone are all my questions about why,
And I've never been so sure of anything in my life

This song was originally sung by a man so it's not that hard to reach the notes. Every words in the lyrics is exactly what I'm feeling when she's still mine.

Oh I wonder what God was thinking, when he created you.
I wonder if He knew everything I would need,
Because he made all my dreams come true.
When God made you, He must have been thinking about me.

Another song came to my mind as soon as I reached the ending part.

Put away the pictures.
Put away the memories.
I put over and over
Through my tears
I've held them till I'm blind
They kept my hope alive
As if somehow that I'd keep you here
Once you believed in a love forever more?
How do you leave it in a drawer?

The first stanza hurts so much because the lyrics refers to Cassy. How I kept her pictures all this years, and still hoping that she will come back though I know that it won't happen.

Try to say it's over
Say the word goodbye.
But each time it catches in my throat
Your still here in me
And I can't set you free
So I hold on to what I wanted most
Maybe someday we'll be friend's forever more
Wish I could open up that door

This stanza applies to Salt. I had her once but I broke her heart. She made me smile again but I made her cry. I wasted the chance and love that she gave me.

Now here it comes, the hardest part of all
Unchain my heart that's holding on
How do I start to live my life alone?
Guess I'm just learning,
Learning the art of letting go.

The hardest part. I don't know what to do without Salt by my side, I've became used to her that I don't know how to function anymore.

Watching us fade
What can I do?
But try to make it through
the pain of one more day
Without you

Where do I start, to live my life alone?
I guess I'm learning, only learning,
Learning the art of letting go.

Now she's with someone else, someone that's better than me, someone that can make her happy, my sister. It's ironic how the song really fits me. I guess I should finally let her go because she doesn't deserve someone like me.

I'm interrupted from my deep thought when I heard something hit the door. I stood up hastily to check it out but nothings there.

"Maybe it's a cat" I mumbled before checking the time on my watch. It's almost midnight, I took a final glance on the piano before turning off the lights.

"Happy Monthsary" I said one last time before heading back to my car.

♥♥♥

It's been a month now since the broke up. We talk casually whenever it's needed. Our classmates are oblivious of what happened between us so I have to pretend that everything's alright. As for Missy, she's happy and I'm trying my best to be happy for her too.

I already gave up on Salt. I tried several times to explain my side to her but she never allows me. I guess hate can dissolve anything, I thought she loves me so much but I'm wrong. Luna on the other hand is still avoiding me, and that's good because I'm still mad at her.

I'm on the rooftop right now, sitting on my favorite spot while gazing at the gray sky. Last time that I became extremely sad is when Cassy died, and now it's because of Salt.

I released a heavy sigh afterwards before touching my left chest. It's so cold but I don't mind even if the snow is soaking my coat right now.

"I love you, I do" I mumbled. I'm sure that I love Salt now, I love her so much, I love her more than Cassy, but the realization is too late now.

"It's cold here" I frowned when I recognized the voice.

"What are you doing here" I inquired flatly. He chuckled before walking closer to me.

"You know the snow suits you, very cold when it comes to me" he replied before hugging me from my back. I didn't move because his warmth comforts me somehow.

"Why are you here?" I asked him once again.

"For you" he said simply.

"That's sweet Henry, thanks but no thanks" He chuckled again upon hearing my reply.

"Come on, you're so down lately. I know you feel like no one loves you but you're wrong, I'm here. I love you" I jumped off the wall and faced him frowning.

"What are you? A psychic?" I said sardonically.

"Nope, I'm just a person who's in love and doesn't want the person that I loves to feel sad" I gave him an incredulous look.

"So the maniac Henry is now a poetic man who's in love with a cold person like me" I said smirking.

"Maniac doesn't suit my aristocratic features" he argued cockily.

"Allison, I may be rude at times but I'm always here for you. I may not be here always but I know what's going on, I know everything about you and Salt, I confirmed it when she grabbed you away from me at the festival" I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"I don't get what you're talking about" I denied poorly.

"Missy and Salt are dating now right? I don't want to dig in further on what's the cause of your break up. I know it's not the right time to tell you this, but will you marry me?" He said seriously before grasping my both hand and pressed it gently afterwards.

"Henry you're not helping, I'm surprised you're that observant but I don't have feelings for you, I'm sorry" I politely refused.

"I know that and I'm willing to help you forget her. Use me, I don't mind being a rebound if it will help you move on from her" I'm touched by what he said. I marveled if Missy said the same thing to get Salt.

"Henry, I don't want to make things complicated. I can move on from her without anyone's help" I replied while gently shaking my head, but it seems like he's not willing to give up.

"I'm the only one that's left of you Allison. I promise you I will do everything for you, I won't hurt you, I will love you. Just please let me help you, I don't want to see you like that. I'm a fool when I didn't do anything when Cassy died and now that I have a chance again I will do anything just to have you" he pleaded sincerely.

I don't love him. I love Salt but I can't have her back because she's already happy with Missy. Maybe he's right, maybe I need someone to divert my feelings with. I need someone to help me forget Salt and he's willing.

"Okay but let's have engagement first, wedding is too soon" He jumped in rejoice upon hearing my decision. His reaction made me smile and somehow felt appreciated.

"I can't promise you anything Henry but I'll try my best" I said before hugging him tight.

"Thank you" I added before everything went blank.

I'm awakened by a snore. I sat up straight when I realized that I'm already on my bed. Last thing that I remember is that I'm on the rooftop with Henry. I frowned when I noticed him sleeping beside my bed. He looks cute and innocent.

"What the heck?!" I muttered in surprise when I realized that I'm only wearing my negligee.

Oh crap did he change my clothes? I poked his head hard to wake him up. He released a soft groan before he opened his eyes.

"You maniac you took advantage of me" I said dryly. I don't mind right now if something happened to us since he's already my fiancée.

"I just changed your clothes, you fainted after you said yes to my proposal" he explained before yawning.I'm not feeling well, I think I have a mild fever because I stayed long on the rooftop.

"Wait how'd you get in? does Missy knew you're here?" I asked frowning.

"Nope, your door is open when I came here" I just nodded in response, maybe Missy is with Salt. I looked at my watch to check the time, it's already eight in the evening.

"You need to go" I said before standing up.

"Can I at least have coffee? I'm a bit cold you know" he requested before standing up as well. I sighed when I realized that I'm rude.

"Okay" I said smiling before reaching for his hand. I should start practicing to be a good fiancée.

"Henry?!" we both flinched when we heard Missy.

She looked so surprised while sitting on the couch. Her eyes then landed on our entwined hands, then to what I'm wearing. It looked like Henry and I just had sex but I didn't bother clearing it up to her.

"Hi Missy" Henry greeted her. She just nodded in response and continued looking at me in bewilderment.

"What do you want? Black or with Milk?" I inquired sweetly.

"Black please" he replied with the same tone. We're like a married couple now and I thinks it's cute.

"Here" I gave him the coffee before sitting across from him. I rested my face on my palm while gazing at him intently. He's not talking, he's busy savoring the coffee that I made for him.

"You know what, you're quite handsome" I said subconsciously which made him laughed out loud.He's blushing and it made me smile.

"Okay enough of that, this is embarrassing you're making me blush. I have to go" he said before putting down the empty cup. He then gave me a peck on the lips before making his way to the front door.

"Cute" I mumbled before putting the empty cup on the sink.

"Seriously?" Missy said frowning but Ignored her.

"Henry and you?!" She exclaimed in disbelief. I just smiled at her before heading back to my room.

Yeah seriously Henry and me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.7K 1.8K 42
[Book 1 of the Mia Series] This story is about Mia and the struggles she deals with throughout her senior year in high school. Unfortunately, she has...
414K 18.9K 65
"Was that flirting? It kind of felt like flirting. No. Couldn't be. She just thinks the senior girl is cool, like all of my sister's other friends. I...
474K 16.2K 30
"Sometimes i really wish you would look at me the way you look at him. Did you know? Did you know i love you? Did you know I'm in love with you!? I e...
336K 7.4K 25
Olivia and kacie, from 2 completely different worlds, but little did they both know, is that it would soon become, just one, very confusing world. M...