Secrets (Selection Writing Ga...

By babe_tae_

Entries for @Liketotallytubluar writing contest. Something big happened to Felicity James one summer night an... More

Beginning
Entry 1
Entry 3
Everything Has an Expiration Date

Entry 2

24 3 1
By babe_tae_

Felicity's mind raced as her feet carried her up the stairs to a room that was now hers. She couldn't focus on anything around her. Her mind has seemingly only been able to comprehend 3 things.

She's in a castle.
She talked to a prince.
She has a secret that must stay a secret.

She nearly stumbles when she lifts her foot to go up another step only to realize there isn't one there. Her heart skips a beat and she quickly glances around to make sure no one saw what had just happen. When she deems it safe she let's out a sigh and with a shake of her head resumes her walk to her room.

A gasp leaves her lips as she walks into the room. She had only ever read of things similar to what she saw in front of her.  In the center of the room was a big chandelier whose diamonds twinkled like stars in the night sky. In the center a large bed fit for a queen is covered in a black comforter. Sunlight streams in through doors that could only lead to a balcony. The room is updated with all the modern day technology and along the wall farthest from the door books are waiting to be removed from a stunning glass case.

Felicity walks into the room and clasps onto the bed. She doesn't change clothes or get under the covers. Her head hits the soft bed and she's out like a light.

Her nap is short but helpful. She now feels that she could make it through the rest of the day without her eyes drifting closed every few seconds. She wakes to the rustling of something in her room.

Sitting up she looks around to notice while she was sleeping her room had almost completely changed. The bathroom door is open being held by a chair that held every female's bathroom needs. Her closet doors are open also as a woman stands there going through a gallery of dresses Felicity hadn't even known were there. The finale thing that changed is the stand in the corner of her room. It's completely covered in hair and makeup supplies.

The door swings open and in walks a woman in her late 30s early 40s.  Her hair is pulled back in a neat bun and her blue eyes shine with worry as they land on my open brown ones.

"I told you girls not to wake her!" She says. Her voice comes out soft with an angry undertone but even then it sounded unnatural for her to scold someone- she just seemed so nice.

The girl in the closet comes to stand on the side of my bed and another young lady appears from the bathroom.

"Sorry Mrs.Gina," they say in unison. 

"It's okay ladies," Mrs.Gina tells them with a smile, "She's up now. Isabelle take her to bathe."

Still a bit drowsy I allow the girl to pull me into the bathroom where she makes my water then leaves to allow me to bathe in private. With her gone I quickly bathe and wash my hair. Once done I step out of the tub and as if Isabelle was watching to know when I'd be finished she steps into the bathroom. I don't even have my towel fully wrapped around myself before I'm heading into the main room. 

Even with just three girls my room is in a total disarray. I stand in the center in the center of the room as the three woman race around setting things up. No one has told me what to do yet and I'm unsure of what I'm supposed to get dressed in. All of this was very unfamiliar to  me. My afternoon outfit was never this important back home in fact I didn't have enough clothes to switch two main outfits during the day. From the way they are rushing, I'm assuming they're getting me ready for an important event in the Selection and that's why everything is so chaotic. 

"I'm sorry but I must remove this now," Isabelle says gesturing to my towel. For some this may have been uncomfortable but living with so many siblings and practically sharing a room with all of them I'm pretty use to changing in front of others. 

I nod my head and she proceeds in taking off my towel. The first thing she does is lather my body in oils so that my skin is moisturized. Next she takes me to Mrs.Gina where she puts me into what the call a slip. After her I am taken to the other girl in the room who's name I am yet to know. 

"Hi, my name is Nadia," the girl says. She has dark brown skin like me and her hair is pulled back into a bun like Ms.Gina. Her smile is welcoming as she pulls the chair back for me to sit. She explains that she is going to do my hair and that she was happy that I washed it.She has my cover my eyes with a scarf before she goes to work and oddly I liked it. There was something about the whole surprise at the end that  made me excited. 

My mouth drops open. My hair at least took an hour and I had fallen asleep again but when I open my eyes I'm shocked. The top half of my hair is braided back into a bun. The bottom half is left out and curled to my shoulders in tight ringlets. To some it may be simple but to me it wasn't because my hair is almost never out of it's cornrow style. 

"Thank you," I gush, looking at her through the mirror. 

"You're welcome," she says, giving me a grin.

She starts on my makeup soon after and turns me so I'm no longer facing the mirror. She pulls out a lot of different things most of them I can't even name. I hope she doesn't put all of it on my face because I'm not used to makeup. The small out amount that my father got my mother one year was her prized possessions and I only got to try it once. 

Once again I'm stunned as my chair is turned. It's like Nadia read my mind as I gaze at myself. My eyes have a dark color of red on them. It's a bit toned down almost like a maroon. Next I have some eyeliner that has the perfect little wing that makes my dark brown eyes pop. Lastly I have a colorless gloss that makes my lips shine.   

I don't say a word but instead get up and run into her arms. She did absolutely perfect.

Mrs.Gina takes me next. She grins at me and gives praises to the girls. She kisses both of my cheeks and says something in another language that I don't understand. The girls tell me it's French. We have a few hours until it's time for me too go so we sit around and talk. I tell them about my siblings and my parents and how close we all are and in exchange Mrs.Gina tells me about her travels in France and how she met her husband. Isabelle, who's older than I thought, tells me about her baby boy who's almost six months and Nadia tells me about her sister that also works in the palace as a cook. By the time we're done with stories I need to get dress. 

It's Mrs.Gina's turn to pamper me now and I grin as she takes me to the closet. What little girl hasn't dreamed of dressing up like a Princess? She pulls out a beautiful white laced dress. It's short and long sleeve with a skirt that flares out. Its heavily decorated in a lace material but it's not see through. I put the dress on and spin around with a giggle. 

"You look almost exactly like a princess. Now we just need to finish the look," Gina tells me. 

She pulls out a pair of maroon flats that have ribbon that ties up my legs. I'm thankful that she pulls out these instead of heels, I'm not quite ready for those yet. Next she add some lovely maroon earrings and gives me a grin. I return her grin with a big cheesy one of my own. 

I'm finally allowed to look at the long mirror that shows my whole body and I'm excited. Nadia, Isabelle, and Mrs.Gina did a wonderful job. I feel more confident than I ever have in my life. No secrets lingering in my mind, no worries, nothing but a giddy happiness that seems to be keeping this large smile on my face. With that in mind I wave them goodbye and with one finale thank you I walk out the door.   

For LikeTotallyTubular

Her dress:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 1.5K 31
แž–แŸ’แžšแŸ„แŸ‡แžแŸ‚แž€แžถแžšแž™แž›แŸ‹แž…แŸ’แžšแžกแŸ†แž˜แžฝแž™ แž‘แžพแž”แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแžขแŸ„แž™แž€แŸ’แž˜แŸแž„แž”แŸ’แžšแžปแžŸแžŸแŸ’แž›แžผแžแžแŸ’แžšแž„แŸ‹แž˜แŸ’แž“แžถแž€แŸ‹ แž แŸŠแžถแž“แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแž‚แŸ’แžšแž”แŸ‹แž™แŸ‰แžถแž„แžŠแžพแž˜แŸ’แž”แžธ แžŸแž„แžŸแžนแž€ แž‚แŸแžœแžทแž‰แžขแŸ„แž™แž”แžถแž“.....!!! แžแŸแž แŸ’แž™แžปแž„ แž‡แžปแž„แž แŸ’แž‚แžปแž€
29.6K 2.8K 38
แžแŸ’แžšแžนแž˜แž‡แžถแž€แŸ’แž˜แŸแž„แž”แŸ’แžšแžปแžŸแžแŸ’แž›แž„แŸ‹แžŸแŸ’แžŠแžถแž”แŸ‹แž˜แžทแž“แžฎแž˜แŸ’แž“แžถแž€แŸ‹ แžขแžถแž…แž’แŸ’แžœแžพแžฒแŸ’แž™แž”แžปแžšแžŸแž˜แžถแž“แžขแŸ†แžŽแžถแž…แž’แŸ’แž›แžถแž€แŸ‹แž…แžผแž›แž€แŸ’แž“แžปแž„แžขแž“แŸ’แž›แž„แŸ‹แžŸแŸ’แž“แŸแž แŸแž”แžถแž“แž™แŸ‰แžถแž„แž„แžถแž™... 5.30.24โค๏ธ
48.2K 1K 23
Isang groupo Ng kalalakihan na tagapag mana Ng ari-arian Ng mga magulang nito at groupo Ng kababaihan na anak Ng mayayamang political at may Isang da...