Entry 1

((For LikeTotallyTubular ))

The James house hold waited anxiously in front of the tiny T.V that had very few channels. All the girls sat on the floor knees together and hands linked as their gaze sat unwavering from the television. The James family had been blessed with four of their children being able to sign up for this years selection but none of them wanted to go away as much as Felicity did. 

Felicity is the first and only one to break contact form the T.V and  look at her hand that's connected with her sister. She hasn't been this close to her family since what happened last summer. Even now as she waited for the girls to be announced for the selection she knew that the chances of her family being picked, even with four girls in the poll, were short. It was a risk for her to sign up, especially if anyone found out her secret but she had to. If she didn't get away she would go insane. She couldn't tell you the royal families names if you told her you'd feed her everyday for a month but she knew that they could get her far away from the nightmare she was living in right now. 

Rain squeezes her hand which pulls her attention back to the T.V, they are almost at her province which is second to last.  

"From Whites we have Maia Lewis," the announcer says. The crowd goes wild as the picture of the young lady shows up and the screen. 

All four sisters frown when they realize their province is next and that if they are chosen the crowd will not go wild, they never do much cheering for the lower castes. 

The announcer takes a deep breath and then begins,"From Yukon we have..." he pauses and looks around the stage for dramatic affect that makes all four sisters lean in closer to the T.V, "Felicity James!" 

A picture shows up on the screen of the youngest eligible James. Her grin is wide and her kinky brown hair is wild and all over the place but there's something about those brown eyes that draw you end and makes you want to hear her story, they're the only thing that doesn't match her happy face. 

The room erupts in cheers so loud you can no longer hear the T.V. All four sisters jump up and start dancing around the small crowded living room floor. Little Hope, who's only four, gets up and joins her sisters in dance as they all sing out. 

"Yay!" Rain shouts.

"You made it! You made it!" Mya cheers.

"Huzzah!" Her brother, Ryan, yells. 

"We're not going hungry anymore!" Charles, the oldest of the boys, rejoiced and the room sang with laughter as they all brought him in for a hug. 

As Felicity danced and laughed with her family for the first time in a very long time her whole body filled with hope. She was getting away and her family would be fed. Now all she had to do was keep her secret a secret, besides if no one knows what happen that night how was her secret going to get out.  

"I don't know about you guys but I think..." Felicity pauses like the announcer did, "This calls for a night under the northern lights." 

This was Felicity's favorite thing to do before that thing happened. Sometimes it was very hard to find that perfect time to come out and watch the sky. It couldn't be to cloudy and sometimes you couldn't even see them from Yukon but tonight the lights seem to fill up the sky. 

As her family piles up outside and lays down on the ground Felicity smiles one more time. Tomorrow i'll go back to being afraid and quite, she thinks to herself.