Devil May Cry ✔

By petra_the_first

She was the angel and I was the devil. I knew better than to fall for a good girl like her but something abo... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
32Something Doesn't Feel Right
33A Talk In Private
34 Taking Decisions And Bossing The Boss
35 Maybe A Little Too Fast
36 Mysterious Vacation
37 Didn't Change
38 Morning Kisses
39 Let's Go
40 Why So Soon?
41 Quite A Night
42 Coffee Sounds Perfect
43 Do You Want Some Icecream?
44 Hiring The Best
45 Want You
46 Please Be Okay
47 Thank You
48 Promotions
49 Second Chances
50 Reunite
51 Something More
52 Here It Goes
53 Emergencies
54 Letting It Out
55 The Best Memories
56 Introducing
57 Why To Care Anymore?
58 Last Day's Events
59 Am I Crazy?
60 A Long Night Shift
61 Lunch And Dinner
62 Where Is He?
63 Well That's New
64 Mini-Feelings
65 It's About Time
66 Closer Together
67More Than Enough
68Three Am Confessions
69 Again
70 At The Airport
71And So It Begins
72 Not Over Yet
73 You Have My Word
74Wondering Minds
75 Breakouts
76 Reminisce
77 Please
78 Gone
79 Killed Twice
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
What The Characters Look Like
Other Books
Author's Note
Sneak Peak

26

572 18 5
By petra_the_first

"Seems like you currently have mild persistent asthma," the doctor said and went to sit down. I suffered from moderate persistent asthma during my early teens but it later waned to mild persistent asthma as I got older and by the end of my twenties it was mild intermittent asthma but lately I've been experiencing difficulty in breathing and chest pains so I suspected a sudden development in my condition.

"I'm going to prescribe a stronger drug for you," she said and began to scribble down the medicine's name, "We're going monitor your asthma and hopefully it won't move up to a more advanced stage."

"Thank you doc," I said as I folded the paper she gave me. As I headed outside the hospital my phone began to ring.

"Hello is this Angelica Morr?" a man said.

"Yes."

"This is Gilbert, do you remember me?"

"Ah yes hello Gilbert, how are you?"

"I'm great anyway I'm calling because I have news for you."

"About?"

"Smith Miller."

I stopped dead in my tracks when I heard the name. "Can you email them to me?"

"Of course don't worry about it."

"Thank you so much Gilbert, I owe you one."

****

.... Smith Miller represents 13% of the company's shares.

I've read this company's name a couple of times in his file, according to my personal analysis this company is running suspicious business that might involve money laundering.

"And Miller must have a take in it after all the numbers of his total net worth don't add up," I thought, "So much for being an honest judge."

..... rumors about allegedly being bribed.

"That I'm sure about."

The phone began to ring beside me as I was reading, I saw that the caller was mister Hunter so I had to close the tab and answer.

"Hello sir," I said

"Miss Morr I'm hosting a small dinner party at my house on Sunday and you are invited."

"I thought you didn't like these things," I smiled.

"Oh I don't! But this one is a small gathering of all my close friends."

"I see, what time is the party?"

"It starts at eight sharp. You can bring a plus one."

"Got it. I'll see you on Sunday then."

"Hopefully."

As I was hanging up Claire walked into my office.

"We have a party on Sunday," I said before she opened her mouth to talk.

****

"Why did I let you drag me into this?" Claire said from the passenger seat.

"You'll have a great time," I said as I kept my eyes on the road. We were currently driving to Hunter's house and for some reason I am a bit nervous.

"Oh I'm sure of it," she said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and made a turn. We're here. The gates automatically opened when I said my name through the intercom, I parked the car and we walked towards the mansion. Mr Hunter swang the door open with a huge smile on his face.

"Miss Morr!" he welcomed warmly, "Oh and the lovely Claire White! Please come in!"

"You have a beautiful house," I said as we walked in.

"Thank you this way," he smiled as he guided us towards what I assume is the living room, "I'm so glad you came Mrs White."

"It's Miss," she corrected.

"My bad, are you divorced?"

"Never been married."

"Ah."

"Let's not discuss private manners tonight," I said.

Mr Hunter lead us to the living room where there were a group of people drinking and laughing. The first person I saw was Aaron Sparks and then my eyes fell on Irene Thompson, there were others whom I saw previously in the business party but I wasn't familiar with the rest.

"For the ones who don't know her yet," he spoke loudly and some how his British accent was more audible, "This is Angelica Morr my lawyer and her friend Doctor Claire White."

We smiled as they welcomed us, warmly.

****

The night was filled with laughter and stories told by the old men and women. Claire was chatting with the rest of the guests and I was happy that she seemed a bit comfortable around Hunter and his friends, the years she spent in therapy were slowly paying off. Hunter stayed beside me, talking and laughing and I felt like he kept his eyes on me but then again I can't really tell where his eyes were looking because of his huge sun glasses.

By midnight everyone had left except for Miss Irene, Mr Sparks, Claire and I. Hunter and Sparks were starting to get tipsy and they kept laughing every time Irene said something.

"You guys are being childish," she said.

I internally agreed with her. Although I wasn't bothered by their behavior, it still felt a bit weird to watch my boss get drunk and swing around the room with his friend. The three of them seemed very close, like they have known each other for a long time. They trusted each other and I am sure they have done gatherings like this before.

"We might look old, but our souls are younger than anyone in this room," Aaron chuckled, "Hey where's Bernard by the way? Bernie! Bernie dear where are you?!"

"You drunk old man," Hunter laughed, "He's with his boyfriend."

"Oh yeah," Sparks nodded and looked at the ground, "Leo is a good person..... Miss Morr is also a good person."

A wave of heat ran across my body, his compliment caught me off guard.

"Oh," I said awkwardly, "You're a good person too Mr Sparks."

He chuckled and nodded his head. "I see why you like her," he said and turned towards Hunter who was silently sitting on the couch with his lips pressed tightly together.

"Maybe we should leave," Claire whispered.

"Yeah," I agreed, "I think it's better if we get going now."

"I think that's a good idea," Irene said as she stood up when we did.

"Oh no no no!" Aaron quickly said, "You have to stay!"

"It's getting late," Claire smiled.

Just a bit?

"No no no!" he said again.

"Excuse him ladies," Hunter intervened, "He's a lightweight who loves to drink."

"It's okay, we understand how peppy he usually is and how the alcohol might affect him," I told him.

"Look Irene. Look how these two love birds are talking," Aaron grinned while I blushed.

"Okay that's enough. Let's get you upstairs," she said and grabbed his forearm.

"I'm just joking," the old man chuckled, "Let me wish Angela and Claire a good night. Isn't that what you call her?"

My eyes widened when I heard that name, it's been a long while since someone called me Angela.

"Aaron!" Irene quickly scolded him.

"Aaron stop talking," Hunter ordered.

"It's all right, that's my name after all."

"No dear, they're right. I really should stop talking before I mess up the plan."

"What plan?" Claire asked.

"Mind him, the alcohol messes up his thoughts," Hunter said while staring intensely at his friend. Claire and I exchanged an alarmed look and then I turned back to Mr Hunter.

"Is there something I should know?" I asked.

"Not at all," he answered.

"Aaron is just being silly," Irene smiled.

"It happens when I drink to much," he chuckled and his cheeks turned red, "Just ask Dylan."

My heart dropped when he said that name and pointed towards Hunter, Irene's eyes widened and she quickly yelled at him.

"Shit," Aaron panicked, "My old brain mixes up the names sometimes right Lewis?"

But Hunter froze still in front of me. My breath caught up in my lungs and my mind was racing. This can't be a mistake or a coincidence, Aaron knew what he was talking about.

"Dylan?" I questioned as I walked towards him. I was looking for an hint of emotion but his expressions were hidden behind his dark glasses. He gulped and failed to speak, the room was quiet and it felt like we were the only two people there.

"What's going on?" Claire asked in confusion but no one bothered answering.

"Angelica dear why don't you have a seat?" Irene said from behind me but my eyes and mind were fixed on the man standing in front of me.

"Who are you?" I whispered angrily but all I saw was the reflection of my eyebrows down together.

"I'm so sorry,Angela," he said quietly.

That shiver..... that familiar warm feeling.... no..... it can't be.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124 0 85
I gave the best of myself to someone who didn't have anything to lose. I didn't know how to avoid my lover's toxic and abusive flames. My lover's twi...
90.4K 7.4K 79
[Featured by wattpad romance, teen fiction, young adult and psychologicalnovel] Joy Jones was a seventeen-year-old kind and optimistic girl working...
425 67 20
I didn't know a meeting could change all my perspective of life. It's like I'm stuck in a romance kind of movie. Everything is PERFECT. But I'm afrai...
112K 2K 75
I've always had a feeling that I would die young. Ever since I started pondering on deaths door I've had this feeling. I could care less about the he...