Halo - (A Marvel fanfiction)

Od Midnightstar99

"Don't think I'm an angel hunny, I'm not even close,, "Well, it's alright, heroes aren't always...but I can s... Více

#1
#2
#3
#5
#6
#7
#8
#9
#10

#4

87 1 0
Od Midnightstar99

"Goddammit!" I yelped frustratedly. I looked at Loki one last time and ran upstairs. Something told me not to leave him alone, but what could I do? They might need my help. I ran up the stairs as Fury shot at a soldier in the door who was shooting in. An arrow came flying in and blew up a section of the computers. I flew at the soldier and kicked him into a wall, knocking him out. The helecarrier started tipping.

"Engine 4 is down!" Agent Hill yelled. I began running through the building. I had to find Stark.

This attack surely wasn't any attack.

They were trying to get to Loki.

"Where's Stark?! JACK!" I called, running through a hallway.

"He's outside repairing the engine ma'am" Jaya replied. I picked up speed and flew up and out of the helecarrier. I saw Tony next to the side of the engine.

"Anything that can't be fixed in a hurry?" I asked him, hovering beside him, my wings flapping loudly.

"This is fixable. I need you to do one job okay?" He said.

"Alright, what is it?" I replied.

"I need you and Jack to go and hit those soldiers with all you've got. That will keep them off for long enough for us to get the engines back up" He told me.

"Okay. That I can do! Good luck Stark!" I nodded at him, flying towards one of the entrances. I saw Steve jump and belt a grenade away mid-air, and saw a soldier begin to shoot at him. I flew in and knocked him over, kicking his gun away. "Don't kiddo" I winked, taking a step over him and walking away sassily.

"Thank you!" Steve called with a small, exhausted chuckle.

"Thor and the hulk are on the detention level" A speaker boomed through the helecarrier.

"Sir the hulk will tear this place apart!!" Agent Hill screamed into her radio, which  I'm not convinced was intentionally left on. My heart stopped.

Bruce.

He was dangerous. And he was in danger. People do crazy things when they're scared.

'They might try to hurt him.' I began running to the detention level with Jack close on my heels.

By the time I got there, a shield pilot had locked on the hulk.

"Target acquired," The radio said, and the pilot began shooting at hulk. Hulk lost interest in anything else and put his hand up to stop the fire from hitting him.

He was pissed now.

He ran out and jumped for the plane.

"Target angry! Target angry!" He panicked into the radio. Hulk began ripping apart the plane.

"Thor! Thor!" I cried, hitting his cheek gently.

"What? What's going on little one?" He asked, slowly sitting up.

"Go get Loki" I begged hastily. He jumped up and picked up his hammer, running quickly to Loki's area. I flew upwards and watched as the plane exploded, throwing Bruce outwards quickly and the pilot into the air. I flew and grabbed the pilot, bringing him back to the entrance, putting him down gently. "You good man?" I breathed. He nodded shakily. I sat him down and rose upwards.

"Jack! Stay here and fight the soldiers! Don't let Loki escape!" I called, flying as fast as Jaya could possibly go to follow Bruce.

"BRUCE!!" I screamed.

The next few hours were a blur.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Oh, my head" I groaned. I lifted my head slowly. I was lying on concrete. Covered in bricks. I'm very lucky this suit is extremely strong or whatever happened would have been the death of me.

"You fell out of the sky" I heard a voice say.

'Is he talking to me? He can't be talking to me. He wouldn't be able to see me'

"Saw the whole thing. Big and green and buck-ass nude" The voice added.

"Did I hurt anybody?" Bruce's voice was a relief to hear.

"Nobody here to hurt. You did scare the hell out of some pigeons though" The voice said. "Here. I didn't think these would fit you until you shrunk down to a normal sized fella" The voice added, throwing something that seemed to land near Bruce.

"Thank you," Bruce said.

"Are you an alien?" The voice asked.

"What?" Bruce asked.

"An alien? From out of space?"

"No" Bruce chuckled half-heartedly.

"Then son, you have a medical condition" The voice chuckled gently the sound of weariness and age.

"Jaya, let's get these bricks up," I groaned. She raised my wings, and the large pile of bricks shuffled ever so slightly.

"What's that?" Bruce asked cautiously.

"Something fell with you. I don't know what it was. It looked like an oversized bird" The voice said before going back to what I assumed to be sweeping. Jaya raised the wings again as best she could, and again, it only shuffled. Bruce knelt down beside the bricks and began pulling some off.

"Bruce" I called weakly, unable to properly breathe.

"Hannah? Hannah!" He said, pulling the bricks off as fast as he could. As soon as he could see me, he yanked me up out of the bricks and hugged me. I coughed harshly and rested on his shoulder, my head slowly snuggling into it for his comfort. "What happened to you?" He asked, breaking the hug and looking me in the eyes.

"I jumped after you" I breathed, trying to stand.

"Are you crazy? You could've been killed" He murmured, concerned.

"I know. But you could've too" I responded. He hugged me again, nuzzling into my hair like a Father reunited with his child, which burned a brighter spark of appreciation for this man who treated me with so much care. I didn't know him that well, but I trusted him completely. I knew he would never hurt me or anyone intentionally.

"Alright. We need to get back to the helecarrier" I sighed after a long while of enjoying his safe embrace.

"I destroyed it.....why would they want to see my face there again...."

"Because we need you Bruce. The whole team does" I cut him off. He smiled meekly. My face mask went up to reveal my reassuring smile and I tapped my earpiece.

"Jack! Jack!" I called. No response for a few moments. I suddenly heard a mechanical noise on the other end. He was there. "Good to hear from you Buddy. Now, I need you to please activate Samson" I asked politely. Jack beeped twice, alerting me that he was on it.

"Who's Samson?" Bruce asked.

"He's a robot satellite. My grandfather made him. He sends down spare parts for Jaya" I explained, looking up to the scare, mesmerized. The suit opened up and I stepped out, seeming to be remarkably okay as I took a deep, calm breath. She wobbled from side to side like she was completely wasted from a long night out drinking. "Stay with me here Jay. I need you" I told her softly, steading her. She nodded. "Aright Banner, let's go" I nodded.

"Go where?" He questioned.

"Well, Samson isn't going to send a wing down to replace Jaya's snapped one yet because he needs to figure out the mechanics. It will be about 10-30 minutes. But we need to get to New York. If we get to Stark towers, we can alert Jarvis and the team we are both alright" I explained. He nodded, somewhat surprised at my fast thinking plan.

"How about that?" He asked, pointing to a motorbike lying just outside the warehouse.

"Should work. Jaya?" I asked. She scanned it.

"Engine intact. Safety of riding....81%" She stated. Bruce sat on the motorbike.

"Hop on," He said, tapping his hand on the seat behind him, inviting me to sit.

"It's alright Bruce, Jaya and I can run," I said. He looked hesitant. "It's okay. Go on" I nodded reassuringly. He turned on the engine and slowly began driving down a trail. I suited up and ran behind.

"Are you okay back there? Are you sure you don't want a ride?" Bruce called out. I calmly gave a thumbs up with a chuckle .

'Hey, I got my jog in for today....'

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

After a while of running, I was really tired, even with the force of the suit assisting me. I was lagging behind badly, and Bruce begged me to hop onto the back of the motorbike multiple times. Samson hadn't sent down a wing yet, and I continued to keep running. I tripped and fell finally, and without my face mask on and only my bodysuit, I hit my head. It was sore enough from crashing through a roof and plunging into concrete, but now a hard gravel road?

'I'm doing well today.'

I slowly closed my eyes, and I heard the motorbike stop.

"Hannah! Hannah!" Bruce said, shaking me. I opened one eye. "You're riding on the bike with me. Come on" He stated, pulling me up and helping me over to it. He sat up and pulled me on, and I held onto his shoulders as he began to ride. I slowly got more and more tired as we progressed, because the last few days I hadn't slept. I was exhausted, to be blunt. I gently rested my head on his back without noticing I was doing it and closed my eyes again. It was now beginning to darken, and I was getting weaker by the second. He seemed to be relaxed and didn't mind that I was resting. He knew I was tired. "Hannah, sorry to wake you" He whispered quietly. I looked up.

"Sorry" I mumbled shyly.

"No that's alright, it doesn't bother me. I was just asking if that was the wing replacement up there?" He questioned. I looked up, and sure enough, it was.

"Jaya. Jump off and meet it, and then once you have, fly overhead of us" I yawned. She nodded and unsuited, jumping off. My denim coat flapped wildly with the wind of the motorbikes movement.

"We are still a while out from New York, so if you want to have a nap you can" Bruce told me.

"Thank you" I whispered softly.

"That's alright" He replied just as softly. I wrapped my arms around him like I was hugging him and rested my head on his back once more. He smiled gently and looked across at me, before turning back and watching the road.

After a short pitstop at a gas station, we bought some food and water and used the facilities. I was stumbling after Bruce like a lost child, and when we got back to the motorbike, he wrapped me in his jacket and I tiredly wrapped my arms around him once more, returning to our trip to New York. Jaya flew ahead quietly, watching patiently as her best friend began to regain her trust in someone once more.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

192K 3.7K 67
Grace Stark is the long lost daughter of Tony Stark. Having Tony Stark as a father seems fun but really, he is overprotective and won't let Grace hav...
1.4K 43 20
(SPOILER WARNING- SPOILERS FOR ALL OF THE MARVEL MOVIES LEADING UP TO CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR. SPOILERS FOR ALL BOOKS BEFORE THIS ONE IN THE TRIO...
383K 14K 40
Cassidy Martin didn't ask for any of this, and she doesn't want it. Her powers came to her by an accident, a fluke, and now they're threatening to r...
1M 31.1K 27
(Book one) When Anna Smith enrolled in the army, she was best friends with Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers. She left them to follow a dream of becoming...