18 Months

By Stiles_The_Runner

"Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who came and never left your side." ... More

Chapter 1 : Jerks, Tears, and a Contract
Chapter 3 : 18 Months Later
Chapter 4 : Reunited Hugs
Chapter 5 : Black is the New Orange
Chapter 6 : Dating?
Chapter 7: Not my Type!
Should I continue? (Will be deleted)
Update + Honest Opinion

Chapter 2 : Shorts and Thongs

1.6K 74 19
By Stiles_The_Runner

CHAPTER 2 : Shorts and Thongs

~~~Stiles's POV~~~

"Hello, this is your captain speaking. Please fasten your seatbelts, and prepare for landing. It is currently 2:34 pm Adelaide time and is 25˚ celsius outside. I thank you for flying American airways, and hope you enjoyed your flight." The captain says over the loud speakers on the plane.

I sit up and look out the window.

The sun is shining bright and I can see the ocean from here. I can see a few surfers out on the water, and maybe some boats. It's kinda hard to tell from several kilometers in the air.

We arrive at the airport and get off the airplane. We collect our bags and get into a taxi.

About 15 minuted later we pull up to a cute little house. It's got a small iron black fence at the front. It's white brick and looks to only be one-story. I smile to myself. It looks so different to any house back home.

We get out and Dad pays the taxi driver, taking a while due to being confused by Australian money.

Dad unlocks the door and goes inside, me not far behind. We only have a suitcase each as the rest is being delivered tomorrow.

"Alright. So this is our new house Stiles. It's been provided by my work, so no rational decorations. They have also given us a car for when we are here. I'll be able to drop you off at school as my working hours are more flexible. Let's look around then get some pizza. How does that sound?" He says.

"Yep sounds good!" I say, actually excited to see the house.

We both walk around and find out what each room is and everything.

It's a two bedroom house, 1 1/2 bathroom and a decent sized kitchen.

"It's perfect Dad," I say looking at him with a smile. He smiles back and hands me my suitcase.

"Right you go start unpacking while I go get some pizza." He says. Grabbing the keys that were on the kitchen bench.

"Hey dad," I scream just before he goes into the garage.

"Yeah?" He yells back.

"Make sure you drive on the left side," I yell. I hear him chuckle before opening the garage door.

I just laugh to myself and make my way into my new room.

~~~~~~(next day)~~~~~~

I have finished unpacking everything and my room looks good.

The rest of our stuff came today, so Dad and I have been busy sorting it all out.

I fall onto my bed exhausted, the heat not helping. Even though the air-conditioning has been on full blast. Apparently, this is nothing compared to the summers. Mental note: go shopping for more t-shirts and shorts, and invest in some shoes other than converse.

I suddenly remember that I haven't called Scott yet. I jump up and look for my phone.

I find it on the floor and dial Scott's number.

—————————

Hello? Who is this?

Hey, Scotty, it's me, I have a new number now as a different country and all.

OMG STILES! How was the flight? GUYS STILES IS ON THE PHONE.

Yeah, it was alright, long.

STILES! *everyone*

Hey guys

What's it like over there? (Erica)

It's really nice. Boiling hot. I'm going to have to buy a new wardrobe

Finally, you can stop wearing those Plaid shirts (Lydia)

Hey! Don't dis the plaid. It never goes out of fashion.

It's been really quiet without your constant talking. (Derek)

Well I'm sure you guys will get used to not having me there

NO Stiles. It will never be the same. We miss you so much. (Back to Scott)

Miss you to bud, anyways I have to go, jet lag is a pain in the arse

Yeah, you sleep mate, I'll call you tomorrow. Miss you so much bro.

Same here, Bye!

Bye *everyone*

—————————

I shut off my phone and place it on the bedside table.

I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in," I say. My Dad comes in with a bag.

"How's everyone back home?" He asks.

"Yeah, all good. They miss me. I miss them. Simple as that." I say.

He rubs my back, before placing the bag on my lap.

"Now here is your school uniform, you have to be up early tomorrow so I suggest you get an early night sleep. Although with jet lag that shouldn't be hard." He says.

"School uniform?" I say while opening the bag.

"Yeah son, the majority of schools here have one. Anyways sleep well. See you for a very big day tomorrow, for the both of us." He says bringing me into a hug. I hug back, quite awkwardly as the bag is in-between us.

I pull away and give him a smile. He smiles back and leaves once we have said our goodbyes.

I take my jeans off and my t-shirt as it's so bloody hot and get into bed, thinking about my new school and the pack back home.

~~~~(next day)~~~~

"Have a good day Son. Don't hesitate to give me a call if something goes wrong. Alright, bud." My Dad says.

We have just pulled up to my new school.

St Greens High School.

"Dad I'll be fine. Don't worry, just focus on your new job and I'll focus on my new school. Okay. Love you and good luck." I say while getting out the car.

He nods at me and drives away to work, which he says isn't too far from here.

I look towards the school and take a deep breath.

I see students going in, all in the same uniform as well.

I'm wearing grey suit like pants, black school shoes, with a light blue shirt, dark blue jumper and tie, with a grey blazer with blue ribbon detailing. Quite a difference to the casual school where I would wear back at Beacon Hills.

As I'm walking in I notice that the girls uniform is just the same to ours except they have grey skirts and knee high socks. How do people survive in these uniforms in this heat?

I walk into the school and follow the signs to the office.

I walk in to see a lady in her mid-thirties sitting at a desk on the phone. I stand there waiting until she finishes.

"Sorry about that love, how can I help you?" She says. She has a very strong Australian accent, surprising me as I haven't really spoken to anyone here yet.

"Um, I'm a new student here, just moved here from California," I say trying not to embarrass myself.

"Oh yes, you must be...." She says looking at her computer confused and challenged.

"People just call me Stiles," I say smiling at her. She looks up and chuckles a little bit.

"Right Stiles, I'll write that into the role, as I doubt anyone will be able to pronounce that. Alright and that's done. Now here is your schedule. As America has a slightly different system as you probably know already, we are at the end of our school year while in America you were just finishing semester 1. You are in year 10 here for the next 4 weeks, then we will go on a 7 week holiday." She says handing me a time table writing down the info on the side which I am grateful for.

"Okay thank you so much," I say grabbing my time table, and looking to see what I have now. Home Group?

"Um excuse me miss, but what's home group?" I ask imagining I look rather confused.

"It's just a lesson at the start of each day to relax, get ready for the day, sometimes do activities and all that."

"Thanks...again miss," I say giving her a smile before exiting and go for the lookout of room 211.

I eventually find it after 5 minutes and knock on the door lightly. I hear someone say come in and I enter the classroom to see everyone sitting down talking to each other.

"Hey, you must be Stiles. I am your home group teacher Mr.Bills. I also teach Chemistry." A man says from the front. He looks to be in his late twenties, very tall and have big chunky glasses on.

"Hi," I say awkwardly. He just gives me a smile before clapping his hands once, making the whole class give their attention to him.

"Alright, everyone. This is our new student Stiles. He has just moved here from California, so please make him feel welcome. You can sit over there next to Zara." He says, the class going back to chatting once he is done.

I make my way over to where he pointed to see a two girls and a guy talking.

I sit down at the empty chair and put my bag on the floor.

"Hi, I'm Zara Rollands." The girl sitting next to me says. She has blonde hair and soft dark brown eyes.

"Hi, Stiles Stilinski," I say giving her a smile.

"Oh My God! Your accent is so cute!" She says, making me chuckle a bit.

"Anyways this is Sophia and her boyfriend Zac." She says pointing out to a girl with honey brown hair with red tips. She has beautiful hazel eyes, that seem greener at the moment. Next to her is some guy with blonde rustled hair, that reminds me of Jackson actually.

"Hello, Americano! Welcome to the country of Australia." The girl, Sophia says with a very fake stereotypical Australian accent at the end. I laugh along with Zara. Her boyfriend didn't seem too impressed.

He stands up and moves over to another table.

I look over to Sophia and Zara.

"Sorry, did I do something? I can move if you would like." I say worried about pushing someone away.

"No don't worry, he can just be a douche sometimes," Sophia says talking properly this time. I pick up some other sort of accent in her voice.

"Are you English?" I ask looking at Sophia.

"No, well I was born there but moved here when I was a baby. I pick it up from my Dad." She says.

I nod my head in response.

"Right, anyways so how's Australia treating you?" Zara says, getting a Nail file? out of her bag. Yep, she's defiantly like Lydia.

I just look at Sophia motioning towards the nail file, she just smiles and shrugs her shoulders.

"Yeah, it's pretty good so far. Way quieter, and defiantly fewer people to America. I mean my hometown was small, but this is like a city so. But it's definitely hotter here. I am going to have to buy a whole new wardrobe." I say taking my blazer off and putting it on the chair proving my point.

"Yeah, I would imagine it being quite a change," Sophia says.

"OMG, we have to take you shopping. You free after school?" Zara asks, a huge smile on her face.

"Yeah sure, I mean I don't want to be a burden, I mean we just met and all that..." I say trailing on.

"You are not a burden mister, I really like you and I would love for us to be friends," Zara says giving my shoulder a squeeze.

"Yeah, she's right for once in her life," Sophia says earning a punch from Zara. "I like you Americano."

"Ditto Australiano." I say, causing us all to crack up laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am making my way out the school with Sophia and Zara. School is over, and it was a pretty good day. All the teachers here are really nice, unlike Beacon Hills.

I have gotten to know Sophia and Zara a little more, Sophia more as we have more classes together, but I feel like these two are going to be my good friends here.

We are walking to the bus stop when Sophia stops suddenly. Zara and I look to where she is to see her boyfriend kissing some other girl.

Before either Zara and I can say anything, Sophia has gone over there and pulled Zac off the girl.

She stands there for a few seconds before slapping him so hard I could hear it from over here. She then punches him in the stomach, causing him to crunch over. She says something I can't hear, before walking back to us.

"Are you alright?" I ask worriedly. She nods and smiles at us.

"That felt bloody awesome." She says. I smile at her and she comes in-between Zara and me, putting her arms on our shoulders.

"Let's go see what Stilinski looks like in Shorts and Thongs." She says.

I freeze in fear, causing the two to look at me.

"Did you say thongs?" I ask, gulping at the end.

"OMG, I forgot that's what you guys call g-strings. Here we call Flip-Flops, Thongs. You'll get used to it." Sophia says. I sigh in relieve.

She comes up to me and whispers something in my ear.

"Plus I don't wear g-strings, most normal girls don't. Well except Zara, but she's not entirely normal now is she."

I laugh in response and Zara comes and jumps on Sophia's back.

"I heard that bitch." She says. We all laugh as we wait for the bus.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm lying down on my bed after going shopping for at least 3 hours with Sophia and Zara. By the end of it, Sophia and I were dragging Zara away from the mall.

I'm just about to go to bed, but decide to call Scott before I do.

I ring him and he picks up just about it was about to go to voicemail.

—————————

Hey, Stiles!

Hey, Scott. How are you goi-

Sorry Stiles can't talk now. I'll talk later.

Okay, talk lat-

—————————

He hung up before I could even finish. I feel a little sad but put that sadness aside, thinking about how they are probably fighting supernatural creatures.

I turn the light out and think about the day I had and the new friends I have made.

__________________

Hey Guys,

Hope you enjoy this long ass chapter!

Comment your thoughts and vote if you want more

Much love xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 447 29
One night in Beacon Hills, California, Derek is killed by hunters right in front of Stiles, with the police not doing anything to figure out what hap...
487 33 13
Each chapter is episode based. I don't own teen wolf or any characters/plot. This is just a bit of a retelling with some differences to the show. Ho...
84.8K 2K 25
!!!WARNING!!! REALLY BAD WRITING, PLOT-HOLES EVERYWHERE, WILL NOT BEING REWRITTEN BC THERES TOO MUCH TO FIX SO DEAL WITH IT πŸ˜‚ MIGHT MAKE ANOTHER VER...
137K 7.6K 53
It's been three months since Derek left Beacon Hills. He didn't say bye to anyone. He left his pack without an alpha. Then all of a sudden he's back...