Splatoon: The Power of Art

By PsiSquidKid06

Note: Splatoon is owned by Nintendo, I have no property of the game series or its creators. This is a story... More

Chapter 1: A New Dawn
Chapter 2: a newb learning new tricks
Chapter 3: unclear stuff
Chapter 4: Twincoming
Chapter 5: the girl from another mode
Chapter 6: the mysterious Lil youth
Chapter 7: The other side
Chapter 8: Squids vs Squids?
Chapter 9: interesting things
Chapter 10: Get ready!
Chapter 11: Squidbeak Splatoon, Assemble!
Splatoon 12: Splatfest will have to wait
Chapter 13: Rescue Operation
Chapter 14: The Cube
Chapter 15: Sisters...
Chapter 16: Thats the signal
Chapter 17: Clash of Tentacles
Chapter 18: The Calm
Chapter 19: Rainy Games
Chapter 20: Your Thoughts
Chapter 21: Blizzard of Ink
Chapter 22: Date To Die For
Chapter 23: Ladder to Leader
Chapter 24: Merry Squidmas
Chapter 25: Bring it, Sister!
Chapter 26: Fates Cross Paths
Chapter 28: Lost in the Cold (II)
Chapter 29: Blood that Stains (III)
Chapter 30: All is Fair... (IV)
What now?

Chapter 27: Against All Odds (I)

19 1 0
By PsiSquidKid06

Note- picture above belongs to Nintendo.

The day has finally come. Jared and his friends are ready to take the fight to the Octarian forces and beat them once and for all. Everyone wakes up super early, getting ready. Outfitted with many sub weapons, black face paint, newly assembled inkrails and Ink Cannons, Inkzooka and Bubbler cans made by Gabriel and Captain Cuttlefish, perfect rolled gear abilities, and double ink tanks for more ink management. all the squids kids and elders are fired up for this they even made Squibeak Splatoon flags with the emblem.

Jared and his team continue to train hard by battling each other before heading out to the border of Inkopolis. Jared seems very cool and sharp in nature while Amethyst remains as cunning with her snipes. Carter tests out his Super Burst Bombs as he blows everyone away. Xavier pulled out his Bubbler just in time.

"Grrr watch it, freakling! You could've damaged my face!...oh Amethyst are you ok?"

"Gee thanks for the late concern."

"This is gonna be so fun guys! We so got them beat!"

"How is fighting to save the whole city, fun?!" Carter questioned his weird sense of enjoyment as the others are use to it by now.

"It's just we've been through a lot together and this is gonna be our most important match to win. And if we lose then...I'm glad I've got to go through life with you guys."

They all join in for a group hug while Xavier remains hesitant on it.

"C'mon, Xavier. You too, your apart of the team."

"Ugh your all so idiotic, moronic, and totally mushy....but I'm actually gonna miss you all!" Xavier joins in and starts crying much to their surprise.

"Alright are you guys ready? No going back now. Last chance. Point of no return! We-"

"Will you get out the door already!" Amethyst said as she slaps Jared over the head.

The group then leaves the training yard into the city and meet up with everyone at Inkopolis's borders.

"Gabriel, Leif, Abigail, everyone's here. It feels really refreshing." He couldn't help but notice a strong sense of tenderness around the area.

"Hmph don't get used to it. After we clean house, we're back to being bitter rivals."

He looked straight in Gabriel's eyes and knew he wasn't kidding, he absolutely looks forward to getting into Turf War with him again.

"Alright lets go over the main plan." Amethyst reminds everyone. "Every Inkling imaginable is surrounding Inkopolis' perimeters. We have to prevent them from getting in no matter what it takes. My squad will head up to the giant water mech and take it down."

"Alright alright but what about DJ Octavio then?" Leif asked.

"I guess whoever finds him first gets the finishing blow."

"So this is what you guys have been doing? Fighting octopi in matching light-up jumpsuit."

"Really? I thought they were safety patrol uniforms before."

"Anyways, Abigail, yes we're the ones whose been saving all the Zapfish and got the Great Zapfish back."

The crowd at first seemed shocked but then realized it explains why they've always missed a few school days.

"Jared we're all ready to go, are you positively sure they're coming through this entrance?" Summer said pretty reluctantly while he explained that's the idea of everyone blocking around Inkopolis.

"I guess it's time our squad got into position too."

"Yeah us too. I'm so nervous but not at the same time, it's really confusing in my stomach."

"Don't pass out, we need you, man." Lil D zoomed on over to Jared's team as he gets into a readying position as well.

"Hey you made it. What took so long?"

"Gramps and the squid sisters said they'll be coming in a little while, you'll have to start without us."

"Great." He said with a much disappointing tone. "Alright we'll do the best we can."

"Oh and they also wanted me to give you guys these-" Lil D reveals to them, Hero Armor outfits. Jared, Amethyst, and Carter get extremely ecstatic and put them on in the blink of an eye. The slight bulk is a little different for them but they'll get used to it. Xavier slightly gets jealous in the sidelines.

"Oh that reminds me." Jared said. "Everyone take these Hero Headsets, they'll allow us to communicate in battle...plus they look really cool."

As they waited for a good twenty minutes, the whole inkling race, soon to go guns blazing is slowly starting to get impatient with the Octolings already. Throwing crazy suggestions that would get even more of them killed, and soon they would disagree entirely about who's right and who's wrong. Some Inklings are even saying this whole war talk was a total shame but luckily Jared's friends and allies calm them all down and they proceed to wait even more.

"Hm hey, Thomas, what're you even gonna do when this is all over?" Jared asked as he gave a vague reply.

"I have no idea. Probably leave this place and explore the world. Not really sure."

"You could join our team, if you want. You'd be a great member!"

"That's kind of you but no. I can't, trust me."

Jared begins getting really skeptical about that statement and tries to ask what he means but a huge explosion sets off directly underneath them. As they turn around they see non other than the Octoling army striking an ambush.

"Uh Jared!? Did we take into account they'd get us from below?"

The Octolings charge straight for the Inklings to get the jump on them but they immediately rush at them full force.

The two races clash ink and the battle for Inkopolis ensues fiercely.

The Second Great Turf War.

A whole mob of Shielded Octotroopers, Elite Octolings, and Flooders take the offensive but they get neutralized by Roller and Slosher squadrons.

"Ooh yeah! We got em on the run, already."

"Don't get overconfident, River. The battle just started, be on your toes."

The inklings and Octolings blast away at each other which seemed endless. Both sides never let up. The Chargers would always take out the enemies in the skies while the Splatlings would give them great support. Thousands of Inkstrikes and Inkzooka specials are seen going off in the field along with every other special weapon. It was a site to truly behold.

In the heat of battle a horde of Octarian U.F.O's and the giant water spraying mechanism fly towards Inkolopis out of the clouds.

"That's it! That's the thing we're going for!" Jared yells into his intercom to everyone as they all look to the sky and sees the mech.

"That's it?? You can't possibly be going to THAT?"

"Michael's right this is insane, guys! Let us help you." Chuck nervously said.

"Yes we already explained this, the four of us have dealt with the Octarians loads of times, we've got this in the bag."

"Your all crazy but we'll do the best we can to cover you." Gabriel reassured them as he continued to fight.

"Wait a second, Jared, I'm coming too." Lil D insisted as Jared did not hesitate to agree of course. Together the five of them forcefully go through a barrage of Octolings. In a precise formation.

Jared and Xavier are the front line attackers, while Amethyst reminds behind them sniping away at enemies that could attack their blindspots. Carter remains in the back of the group shielding specifically Amethyst from anyone that could take her out. Lastly Lil D covers both sides of the team with his lightning quick L-3 Nozzlenose reflexes.

Meanwhile with everyone on the assault.

"Guys those damn U.F.O's are getting dangerously close we gotta take them out!" Dylan shouts at Slip operating an Ink Cannon.

"Lady this thing is only doing sooooo much damage to them all! We're giving it all we got!"

"Hmm gimme and Inkzooka can." Slip hands it to her and she actually gets into the cannon and blasts straight into one of the aircrafts.

"That girl is crazyyyyy....I like it!"

Dylan pulls out the Inkzooka and blasts away at everyone on the spacecraft. She does the same to a few others she jumps to but an Inkstrike causes her to plummet. Luckily Gabriel was there to break her fall.

"Way to go, Dylan! That was awesome!"

"The rest is up to Jared and the others, we gotta keep those U.F.O's away.

Jared's squad of five eventually get halfway to the mech but get halted by Karl and his team.

"Ugh we're surrounded."

"Heh did you seriously think it'd be that easy? Well at least you die with some dignity, everyone open fire."

With a snap of his finger, the Octolings all shot a massive amount of rounds at them but Carter pulled out the Bubbler can at the right moment.

"Carter your amazing!" Jared said after heavily panting.

"I only have a few of them left so let's not get into that situation again."

Jared then let's the others know to fire the Ink Cannons at all of the U.F.O's in site as well as the Octolings surrounding them. They succeed in doing so but Karl's team manages to dodge luckily.

"How persistent." Frosty mumbled as he snipes Amethyst directly in the face, knocking her unconscious. Xavier screamed her name as he rushed to her aid, horrified if she's dead.

"You jerk! It doesn't have to be this way." Jared commanded as he, Lil D, and Carter points their weapons at them.

"Enough of your bullshit. We've heard it all before, there's nothing you can say to change our minds!"

The four Octolings and four Inklings duke it out separated from the carnage in the background. Lil D goes straight for Frosty and Karl since they are the main Chargers of the team. Ava and Erika attack Jared, Carter, and Xavier.

"Hey no fair how come he gets two."

"Focus, Jared!" Carter and Erika give good twacks at each other with their respective rollers while Xavier and Jared tackle Ava and nearly get the drop on her.

Meanwhile Karl and Frosty struggle to keep Lil D away from them, he's just too quick to aim at.

"Ugh this is getting us nowhere. Time to call in the heavy artillery. Fire the High Pressured Hydro-Tentacles." Karl singled his superiors over his intercom and the huge water mech over the ocean begins to blast eight huge beams of water straight at the Inkling side of the army. They get badly crippled during it and Jared's team gets knocked on the floor over the huge explosions.

"Agh holy Zapfish! I hope no one got hurt." Jared then noticed it was Karl giving the orders. "I gotta stop him!"

Just before he could rush at him, someone shoots him right in the leg. He collapses and is in no condition to move.

"Ugh you went a little overboard with the water, wouldn't want any splashing on the Octarians." The figure who shot him was non other than our own Thomas Daniel: Lil D.

"W-what....what's happening here? Thomas stop them!" Jared tries getting back up but falls back down due to the pain.

"You fool. You don't realize it yet? Well how about now." Lil D steps on Jared's wound giving him excruciating pain.

"OW! What the heck!? What are you doing!?"

"I haven't been on your side the whole time. Fighting with you guys was definitely hard to pull off."

"You see, Lil D here was our undercover Inkling operative from the start. He's been secretly giving us information on all of your weaknesses, strengths, anything worth noted. The time is finally now where he can reveal himself." Karl explains.

"You...no....that can't be true... i know Lil D and he would never betray us."

"Time to face the music squid kid. Fire away, full blast!" He gives the order for the giant mech to shoot another burst of water at the Inkling army. The hit was successful and the Inkling side is in even more of a disadvantage. Everyone is now spread out.

"Now then to the city everybody! The squids are weak, the opportunity to invade is now!" Lil D and Karl's squad retreat forward into Inkopolis. Jared, Xavier, Carter and the collapsed Amethyst are cornered by a bunch Octarians.

"Ugh that Lil Douche! What the heck is up with him!"

"I knew he wasn't on our side! The little tramp. Whats the plan now, Urchin? We got nowhere else to go."

"Huh...what?"

"Jared snap out of it! We need a plan or we're toast!" Carter asked while Jared still doesn't know what to say yet. He's completely paralyzed over the thought of trusting a good person like him, just to get backstabbed when he really needs him.

"Jared! Come in, Jared! This isn't good, that last blast of water did a number on our team. Although most of everyone were in Bubblers and Kraken, the Octarians are taking the fight into the city! What do we do now?" Brooke said over her headset.

Jared struggles to answer everyone's questions so much he sweats like a wet sponge and trembles where he stands. He then doesn't think and swims his way pass the Octolings and follows Lil D and the others.

"Jared! Where are you going!" Carter said as he and Xavier are left behind with the hundreds of Octarians, staying to protect Amethyst with their lives.

Meanwhile in Urchin Underpass, Jared continues to pursue Lil D for some answers.

"Hey! Where are you! You can't just run away from everything we've worked for! You.. your the reason I'm good with this Nozzlenose. How i got this far in skill. Does any of that mean anything!"

"It doesn't." He shows up from behind an alley and kicks Jared into the dirt. "Non of that stuff did. I just wanted to see what your made of."

"So you aren't really related to Cuttlefish and the Squid Sisters???"

"No that part was true. I did get taken in by the Octos. They did experiment with me in the best way possible. Made me an unstoppable super squid, how do you think I managed to reach S+ and level 50 in a short time. I owe them everything."

"They sure did do a number to your brain too. I don't have long until all the enemy forces reach the city so I'll make this quick. I'm taking you with me and i will make you see the light."

The two Inklings have a one on one death match. Jared being determined to get his friend back and Lil D willing to kill Jared with his own hands. A furious skirmish between the two most powerful L-3 Nozzlenose users in Splatoon.

Both players never let up, ruthlessly shooting thousands of bursts. Lil D seems to have the greater edge on Jared due to shooting him in the leg earlier.

"I will say it's impressive your able to still walk and fight. Even so i know all of your moves, and i still have plenty left."

Jared then swings his weapon in a melee fashion at Lil D. "True but so do i. I can't believe your friends mean nothing to you!"

He then gets increasingly unpredictable in his movements, overwhelming even Lil D. His anger really seems to be fueling him, he just goes on and on at shooting and punching with no signs of stop.

"You don't get it! They've struggled with so much and non of you gave a damn! Especially that fool, Cuttlefish. He should've rotted to dust all those years ago--Just like your sister."

Jared then gets into a new level of rage, a rage we haven't seen him get into before. It seems he has no remorse for what happens to Lil D anymore, he just wants him gone. Lil D eventually leads the now mindless Jared, into a trap, he swims around him on walls and shoots at him endlessly until he has completely run out of energy and faints.

"Heh learned that neat little trick from you. Sweet dreams, scrub."

"So....that's it... your just gonna run away from your own feelings....."

"What do you even mean? I told you before I don't feel anything for you, the Octarians will win and Octavio will be most pleased. I'll just put you out of your misery right now~"

"You don't sound like an actual person....You know deep down this is wrong...you just don't have the guts to...see the truth. But instead you...hide behind the lies of an evil dictator... you have the power to... change your own path and not let others....run it for you." Jared then faints to the ground, dropping his weapon on the floor. He has lost.

Lil D escapes and the Octarian forces finally arrive into the city and get the upper hand on the Inklings for a change. They chase after them and take the war into the city unfortunately. The heroes of Inkopolis will have to rise before it's too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 20 21
hello there, this is my first ever Splatoon book for this app and I hope you guys love it. Remember I don't own Splatoon, it is owned by Nintend0 Ag...
6.1K 184 13
Ok so this is a prequel to the splatoon harem, and this will be updated once a month So many questions were asked about Tadayoshi's backstory, and a...
39.2K 456 12
The following story is NOT, I repeat not a lemon. This is simply a fanfic about a human male (You), and an Inkling Girl. I hope you enjoy it, and rea...
18.9K 405 29
(new story cover) DISCLAIMER : this story does not include harem in it . SUMMARY : the story of a human surviving the rising water that brought huma...