Splatoon: The Power of Art

By PsiSquidKid06

Note: Splatoon is owned by Nintendo, I have no property of the game series or its creators. This is a story... More

Chapter 1: A New Dawn
Chapter 2: a newb learning new tricks
Chapter 3: unclear stuff
Chapter 4: Twincoming
Chapter 5: the girl from another mode
Chapter 6: the mysterious Lil youth
Chapter 7: The other side
Chapter 8: Squids vs Squids?
Chapter 9: interesting things
Chapter 10: Get ready!
Chapter 11: Squidbeak Splatoon, Assemble!
Splatoon 12: Splatfest will have to wait
Chapter 13: Rescue Operation
Chapter 14: The Cube
Chapter 15: Sisters...
Chapter 16: Thats the signal
Chapter 17: Clash of Tentacles
Chapter 18: The Calm
Chapter 19: Rainy Games
Chapter 20: Your Thoughts
Chapter 21: Blizzard of Ink
Chapter 23: Ladder to Leader
Chapter 24: Merry Squidmas
Chapter 25: Bring it, Sister!
Chapter 26: Fates Cross Paths
Chapter 27: Against All Odds (I)
Chapter 28: Lost in the Cold (II)
Chapter 29: Blood that Stains (III)
Chapter 30: All is Fair... (IV)
What now?

Chapter 22: Date To Die For

23 1 0
By PsiSquidKid06

After the events of the last chapter, Jared, Amethyst, Xavier and Carter have been gathering loads of Squid kids, teens, and even adults to help out for the upcoming octarian scrimmage. The snowfall also begins to die down as they are seen making strategies on a bench.

"Okay so the charger division will remain in moray towers and take out any flying units, while the Rollers take the front lines with the shooters."

"Good plan, Jared, ya know your really handy in times of crisis."

"HEY IM HANDY ALL THE FLIPPING TIME!......uh sorry, Carter..."

"I don't understand. We have the great zapfish back. Are they really trying to take it again?"

"No they're here for inkopolis itself. They will stop at nothing to take it back. They had tens of thousands of octarians...way more than last time."

"Wow can't believe someone as valuable as me would be involved in an all out war."

"Xavier seriously your not that important!" "Ugh my bad i did it again." Jared apologized as Amethyst steps up with an announcement.

"Hey guys i know we're preparing for something that can totally end the world and all but can we do something normal for a change?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean lately we've been worrying about Karl, the octarians, and Jared's Cube thing all the time. I wanna do something normal for once....like maybe go in a turf war....orrrr go on a date with a guy."

"......sorry Amethyst your not my type." Carter said while she gets annoyed

"NOT YOU! I mean someone else."

"Hmmm Amethyst do you wanna finally have a proper date?"

"Ah yes I'd love to."

"Great great its good that you guys get to be happy, meanwhile I'm stuck L-3 training."

"Oh the L-3 Nozzlenose isn't so bad."

"Its pretty tricky than you think. So much mobility, constantly tapping the fire button..its kinda exhausting."

"So Amethyst where are we going for our date? Baked Freshness? Ancho-V Games?"

"Wait guys speaking of Ancho-V i think we should see our levels so far. We haven't checked in a while."

"Oh yeah good thinking, finally something normal. Don't worry X, ill tell ya after this." As Xavier groaned the gang heads in the lobby to see their current levels and rank.

"Awesome I'm level 20 rank B minus! Looks like all my training has been paying off. What level are you, Carter?"

"Just level 28, rank B."

"I'm level 27, rank B. Just behind you."

"Hmph chumps. Im level 32, rank A." Xavier boasts as the others are easily impressed actually.

"Not bad X...though i do wish i was that high! Ugh all these stupid octarians are keeping me away from turf time!"

"Whoa calm down.."

"I can't stay calm! I have a life but inconvenient things always happens to me! Like I'm stuck saving this city from everything!"

"its not like you had a choice. Your the hero so start acting like it instead of yelling."

Xavier's comment kinda got through to Jared.

"Ugh you're right i think i just need to breath deeply and think... so whats the plan now?"

"Well I'm going to introduce X to my parents. I think you should come. My mom is a therapist, I'm sure she can help you."

"What? Why?? I don't need a therapist!"

"Clearly you need some help."

"Ugh fineeee ill go. Coming, Carter?"

"No, Carter has to go out with Chuck!" Xavier playfully teases.

"I uhhh still haven't decided ok."

"Dude its been like weeks since he asked you. You gotta decide do you like him or not."

"Ugh sorryyyy theres just a lot of pressure on this."

"Oh please, Carter, you don't have nearly as enough pressure as me."

"Uhhh ok? But I'll think about it some more but in the meantime you three have fun."

"Okay. After this we'll see you in turf wars!"

Jared, Amethyst, and Xavier head over to her place and leaving Carter to think to himself about Chuck's offer. The Graythorn house is a medium-sized house in a small nice neighborhood in Urchin Underpass. They all then proceed to knock on the door.

"Momma!"

"What is it, Amethyst? Oh is Abigail with you i needed to ask her something."

"Ew as if, i wanted to know if you'd help Jared here. He's got mental issues right now."

"Hm ok, hon. step into my office..or in this case the backyard. Oh and who's this other boy?"

"Oh this is my new boyfriend I mentioned. He's pretty nice now."

"What do you mean by "now?" He said with an annoyed expression.

"Hmmmmmm i mean if its cool with your father its cool with me. Heh good luck with that. C'mon Jared."

"Uhhh what does she mean by good luck?"

"Welllll funny story~"

"Whatcha doing here, slick." Mr. Graythorn then walks down the stairs and checks in with them in the living room.

"Hey Dad, me and Xavier are going out, is that cool?"

They all get quiet for a few minutes until he finally replied back.

"I don't know. Whats he even like?"

"He's pretty good in battles, has common sense sorta and thinks your wonderful."

"You're making that up. You always say those exact words whenever you wanna date a boy."

"With all do respect sir, I am all of those things...well maybe two of those."

"Hmph i determine what you are, your under my roof so you follow my rules, starting with your weapon. Charger's are where its at in the Graythorn household."

"Excuse me.."

"Yeah rapid blasters are so old school, man. Get fresh with a Splat Charger."

He tosses it to him but Xavier throws it down forcefully and says~

"Sorry but I ain't no charger. Its not my thing at all."

"Oh really. What can a blaster do that a charger can't?"

"About as everything a Charger can't, which is have kill power."

"A Charger kills in one shot."
"Yeah but you miss often."
"Blasters miss often too!"
"No way we have twice as much accuracy than you cowards! You're always running away if you miss!"
"Blasters are shit up close! Seriously they cant do anything if you're close to them!"
"Luna Blasters are the best up close Blasters!"
"Same with Squiffers and Bamboozlers!"
"Why don't you prove me wrong then!"

"Well then maybe~"
"Oh no." Amethyst pleads repeatedly.
"You'd like~"
"Noooo!"
"To have a battle! If you win, you'll date my daughter, but if you lose you'll never be within ten inches of her. ANDDD you have to admit Chargers are superior to Blasters in every way possible."

"Deal!"

"Um Xavier there's something i must warn you about my dad. He battles literally every boyfriend i have and he makes sure I don't have one. Even if they beat him, he doesn't like them, I don't see why."

"Well then ill have to prove I'm not like any of them..... And that Chargers suck."

"Ya got that righ-Hey I'm a Charger main!" Amethyst said as she rolled her eyes.

"You ready to get schooled, son."

"Bring the books and ill teach you a lesson."

"Oh he's good. Step out the door and we'll settle this!"

"No dad we fight in turf wars!"

"Oh right i forgot...let's just go."

Meanwhile with Jared and Amethyst's Mom.

"I don't know why I've been so pissed. Lately."

"Well what have you done recently? Maybe i can determine the cause."

"I've been battling octarians, and saving inkopolis from an many assaults and preparing for an upcoming war that could potentially end us all."

She then looks at him with a disturbed look, asking if he's been watching too much television lately.

"Yeah i know its crazy to believe but I've been up to some crazy stuff. So much weight on my shoulders all the time, lives are on the line, if i mess up just once someone will..."

"Jared I don't know much of...what you just said but its ok to have these emotions. Every team leader feels that way, you just need a break from that...octarian stuff for the day and just do things you wanna do for a change."

"But we're getting ready for something big and i need to help plan."

"Don't worry, your friends could take care of that, they'll understand."

"Uhh i guess so....I've also been wondering what should i do with the rest of my life. I haven't thought of that unlike Xavier, or Carter, or even Gabriel."

"Hmmm i got an idea for somewhere you could go." She then hands him a card with a school picture on it. "This is a place for only the most serious, most skilled, and top of the line squid kids who want to climb to the top!"

"Whoa. this place sounds amazing...full on competitive tournament battles, rank play daily, Advanced education classes...ok that part is boring BUT I LOVE EVERYTHING ELSE!"

"So you plan on going?"

"Hmmm its a great opportunity but I don't know. Ill miss everyone here. All my friends, my family, my Turf War memories. I just need to think about it."

"Its okay, yeah think about it then go online to apply for an interview."

"ALRIGHT!...wait did you show this to Amethyst and Abigail?"

"Amethyst declined it and Abigail did sign up but got rejected."

"Oh...well I'm gonna think about this, it sounds like an awesome experience...oh also do ya think your husband can join us on our army?"

"You can ask him. I think he's out battling another of Amethysts boyfriends..ugh that man just never liked anyone she dated."

Jared asks why but she doesn't know. He then thanks her and heads out to watch Amethyst's Dad and Xavier's private battle.

"Alright the stage is set, Piranha Pit. Lets do this, boy."

"Bring it on, gramps."

They spawn in and Amethyst watches from the sidelines. Ready...GO!! Xavier rushes down the conveyer belt into the center area. Mr. Graythorn goes on the top ramp of his side and almost got splatted by Xavier's Rapid Blaster. "Hm not bad, kid."

"Ha thanks, the accuracy came from your daughter."

"She always had good aim."

He then snipes Xavier from afar. He then spawns in and swims up his ramp.

"Ugh i see where she gets it from."

"Go dad! Go Xavier! Go dad! Go Xavier! I have no idea who to root for..."

The two begin to cover as much turf as they can but its somewhat difficult due to they're weapons. Xavier finishes inking his base then goes straight to enemy lines.

"Nice try, kid but i gotcha." He prepares to snipe Xavier but he activates his Bubbler quickly. "Very clever. But i got a special of my own." He then activates his Splat Bomb Rush and throws bombs all over the place.

"Hmph for an old man you got some skills." Xavier then retreats and his bubbler disappears. "Hmm i cant get too far or else he gets the upper range. So ill just have to be more slippery." Xavier then swims around in circles and zigzags to try and confuse him, but he then jumps out and fires a direct blaster shot and he fires a snipe shot. both end up getting splat.

"Wow things are really heating up."

Six hours later~

"Wow i..can't believe they're...still......still fighting..." She said with a yawn then falls asleep.

"Ha nice move again. You seem to be really adapting to my playstyle. But Ive been adapting to your adaptations as well!"

"Thats where you're wrong because ive been anticipating your adaptation to my adaptation so I adapted to that as well!"

"WHAT IS GOING ON!" Jared yelled as Amethyst woke up.

"Agh, Jared? What are you doing here??"

"Ive been trying to find you guys all day. Its the middle of the night."

"Ugh i know but dad and Xavier have been going at it nonstop! When three minutes are up they just replayed on the same stage. See."

"Crap i lost this one. Last one for real."

"YEAH double or nothing! I could've killed you wayyyy more than that!"

"Guys you do realize its ten o'clock PM right?"

"SO!?!?"

"Look, Mr. Graythorn, we need your skills in a war against the octarians, the plan on taking over inkopolis for good!"

"War?? What???"

"Uhh ill fill ya in at home, dad, i been was supposed to have my date with Xavier by the way."

"Oh yeah I forgot...hm ok ok if he wins, he can date you and i join the army AND i admit Blasters are better." they get back in Piranha Pit and have one more match.

"Kid lemme ask you one question real quick, what is Splatoon to you?"

"Splatoon to me huh? hmmmm Its winning no matter what with your friends, meeting new friends, having fun together and sharing battles is what makes us stronger in the heart.....i got that from Jared, he says it a lot, the annoying sappy urchin."

"Hmmm alright this'll be the last one for real."

They both proceed to ink their respective areas while Jared explains to Amethyst about the Academy her mom gave him.

"Oh yeah! That place. It seemed interesting but never had an interest, i think you'd be perfect there."

"Yeah but i already have more weight on me as it is and I'm shaking about it. Your mom said I should let you guys take care of the preparations while i cool down."

"Yeah i get Jared, this is really hurting you in the inside...Me, Carter, and X will take care of this, alright."

"Thanks Amethyst. I almost feel kinda better...i just wouldn't know how I'd feel if one of my friends got hurt."

"Just try not to think about it. For now think about that school opportunity."

"I am... hmmm." as Jared thinks about his decision, Amethyst's dad and Xavier finish their battle and her dad is the winner.

"Dang it....so i guess I don't see your daughter anymore huh."

"Son are you kidding!?!? You've given me the most challenging experience I've had in thirty years! This was awesome! You're free to see her anytime if ya promise to battle me often."

"Wait seriously??"

"Yup...well that and everything about you is actually way different from the others. Your drive to win is what impresses me. Most of her other dates are either in this game for the money, popularity, and bragging rights. she has weird taste in boys." Mr. Graythorn whispers to his ear.

"Ha i bet. Does this also mean you'll join the war with us?"

"Fuck yes!" He screamed out loud then Amethyst told him to watch the language.

"Thanks, sir! You're impressive Charger skills will definitely come in handy."

"Oh please call me Reginald, now lets get some victory tacos!"

"Awesome!!!........Butttttt Chargers still suck."
"Oh please i splatted you way more than you splatted me."

"Oh seriously wanna fight tomorrow and settle it on Mahi-Mahi Resort....oh bye Amethyst and Jared...now where was i~"

They then leave the Pit bickering continuously and Amethyst and Jared just questions what just happened with opened jaws.

"...i think my dad and boyfriend had a date."

"Well..i don't know how to respond to that. Im just gonna get some shut-eye so ill see ya tomorrow."

"Alright and don't forget ill be the one taking care of the prepping, goodnight Jared."

They then head on to their respective homes in the night snowy sky. Jared then gets in his house, hops in his bed and goes to sleep with the Academy card next to his mysterious cube as it glows ever so slightly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 265 32
I'M PLANNING TO REMAKE THIS! SO IT'S UP TO YOU TO READ THIS OLD ONE! ====================================== "You are mine.....", Jacob said straight...
882 14 56
New city, new friends, new cultures; just the right spot for the New Squidbeak Splatoon to set up shop! This show is based on the hit Nintendo game o...
771 21 10
This is 'A life of Chaos' by C3LEPHOG1RL! As you read learn about agent 3's past (and Maybe other agents pasts too) and watch as they grow and learn...
2.9K 60 16
(This is a new and better story of Caring an Octoling The Story continues.....)Jack is a Inkling boy who had a horrible past life with his parents...