WildFire

By Wildfire31

Devastated by her parents death Ana is left to help her sisters while they wait for their estranged brothers... More

Chapter 1: Waking up to a Nightmare
Chapter 2: Hard Breaks
Chapter 3: Bonding
Chapter 4: The Windows Cracked
Chapter 5: Getting To Know Each Other
Chapter 6: Banshee's Prophecy
Chapter 8: Prophet's Prophecy
Chapter 9: Coming into Your Powers
Chapter 10: The Sidhe
Chapter 11: What's A Little Monster Slime Among Friends?
Chapter 12: Duel and a Wedding
Chapter 13: Family
Chapter 14 You've been holding back
Chapter 15: Banshee Wail
Chapter 16: Sacrifice
Chapter 17: Who's to blame
Chapter 18: Gladiator

Chapter 7: Fighting My Own Battles

1.7K 131 3
By Wildfire31

CHAPTER SEVEN

FIGHTING MY OWN BATTLES

ANA POV

"I do not see what the big deal is. She doesn't look Sidhe. Well, her ears maybe but she's probably weak. I bet I could take her right now." I cracked my eyes open to see two children standing in front of me. They looked exactly the same with white hair and pale blue eyes but the one speaking had curly hair. They both wore white tunic shirts and white pants. They were also extremely tan for such pale features. The one I was assuming was Lai because of the 'tude and curly hair stepped forward as I opened my eyes all the way. 

"Try it and I'll hold you upside down by your ankles." Lai's mouth opened but Zak cut her off from his stance beside the dresser. 

"Lai, leave her alone." I stretched and got up from the bed, pulling the sheet with me. I wrapped the sheet around me and headed to the bathroom. I brushed by Zak and patted his chest. I was at the bathroom door when I felt the slight breeze. Releasing the sheet I reached out and grabbed Lai by her ankle as she came at me. She hung upside down with her arms crossed over her chest, pouting. I rolled my eyes and held up two fingers. 

"Two younger sisters. And the seven year old is smarter than me. I can take whatever you dish. So bring it." She glared at me. 

"You want to put me down so you can cover up? Cause my brother is only eight." I rolled my eyes as I set her down and grabbed my sheet. 

"I think we'll get along just fine Lai...just fine." With that I walked into the bathroom and shut the door then started the shower.

................

I dressed in a short black mini skirt and a white tank. I slid on knee high leather boots and tromped out the door only to be followed by two guards standing at the door. I rolled my eyes and ignored them. I stopped short at the entranceway to the dining room and stared. Eight people were seated at the table with Zak at the head. The seat beside him was empty. I sighed and walked over to the chair and sat down. The man to Zak's right spoke as I took a sip of D.P. 

"So this is your soul..." I picked up the knife beside the plate and twirled it as I spoke. 

"Finish that sentence and I'll pin your ear to the wall." He gulped as the man at the far end of the table laughed aloud. 

"She is definitely for you cousin." I glared at him as I took my hair behind my ear. Trying to change the subject I glanced at Zak. 

"Where are the kids anyway?" Zak looked puzzled like I should already know the answer. 

"They are upstairs eating breakfast. Children do not eat with the adults." My fury overcame me so quickly that the room exploded with my magic light before I could stop it. Everyone turned to me as I grinded my teeth together and struggled to rein myself in. The cousin started to speak, his gray eyes, worried but Zak held up his hand for silence. Smart of him. We both knew what had happened last time I'd lost control.

I glanced down and saw even though I'd pulled the magic in it was still coating my body like a second skin. I was glowing like a roman candle. I started to speak then stopped. That hadn't helped last time. Jerking to a stand I winced as the chair flew back and hit the wall. My magic pulsed dangerously as our company eyed me warily. I got to the entrance way before Zak spoke. 

"Where are you going?" Glancing over my shoulder I chose my words very carefully; see I could be an adult. 

"To eat with the children." I was on the stairs before I acted childishly. Brushing Zak's mind I spoke. 

"Stupid dumbass idiotic FAIRY!" Feeling his wince at the volume I smiled grimly as I hit the top step. See I could be an adult and I felt much better. I wasn't even glowing anymore. Zak's mind brushed mine as I followed the smell of food to the children's dining area.  

"Actually you sent that to all of us. Not just me. Poor cousin is reeling at such improper behavior." I ignored him as I opened the door to face Lai and Garrett. His cousin could kiss my ass. 

"I heard that. And the king is lucky he has feelings for you or I would be interested myself." A foreign voice in my mind was weird but something I'd probably have to get used to. I shut the door and turned to the kids as Zak's growl echoed in my brain. Oooh he was pissed, plan five was back in action. Jerk.  

Garrett continued eating as I walked over but Lai looked up to glare. I raised my hands in a 'come in peace' gesture. 

"Can I eat with you guys?" Lai looked like she thought this was a trick but she nodded then slid a plate of food over to me. Taking a bite I swallowed then spoke. 

"Avon, my youngest sister, would have thrown a fit if we'd sent her to another room to eat." Garrett and Lai chuckled at the word fit but they'd never seen Avon in action. 

"Picture a seven year old with and eighteen year old brain and unlimited skills in fighting, weaponry, and pressure points." I shuddered and looked over at them. They looked at me wide eyed as I pointed my fork at them. 

"Have you ever had a seven year old push three pressure points on you simultaneously so that you automatically collapse to the floor?" When they shook their heads I grinned. 

"Neither have I but she could have if she'd wanted to. However, she sure as hell put a sword to your uncle's heart when he busted in our house." Lai giggled but quickly sobered as she glanced at the door. I rolled my eyes and looked over already knowing who was standing there. Zak had his warrior face on again. I sighed and set my fork down then stood. 

"Looks like King has to speak to me but don't worry I'll come back at dinner if that's okay?" Lai started to nod then glanced at her uncle. I laughed.  

"I'd like to see him try and stop me." Walking to the door I grabbed Zak's hand and dashed past my guards. 

"Come on King we need to talk."

...................

We ended up in a flowered garden with a mermaid fountain in the center of it. Crossing my arms I glared at the guards until they backed out of earshot but not sight. I grunted but turned my attention to Zak. I brushed his mind but he blocked me. He was hurt but could I open my heart and tell him what was wrong? I knew what might happen in the end. I bit my lip then lifted my eyes to meet his. 

"Avon's a senior this year. She won't have Ashton and me there to help her. She...gets teased a lot. They...won't touch her again after what she did to the last one that tried but they exclude her. Do you know how many parties I turned down because they refused to invite her? If you'd seen how crushed she was you'd understand. And it killed her even more that I refused to go because of her. But I couldn't make them ask her and I couldn't go when I knew it was hurting her. I...I can't eat a separate meal from the kids just because of their age. They have the same feelings as you and I..." I stopped when Zak stepped forward and grasped my hands. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't know that. They never said it hurt their feelings. I'm King of Sidhe but I'm new to being a father figure. I should have known...Thank you for telling me this I know it's hard for you to let me in." I smiled wryly. 

"Live and learn King. Live and..." I trailed off as heat flared in my head. Then a thread of red light came out and connected with the blue light coming from Zak's head. I blinked as there was a bright flash and when I could see again there was a purple thread running from Zak to me. It pulsed and I could feel him in a different way than I had before. I reached up as it faded but I could still feel it. It felt like I was coming home. Shit, if anyone said soul mate I'd gut them. Zak's grin distracted me and I blushed. 

"So...what was that?" He kissed my forehead where the thread was. Then he put his arms around me as he pulled me close so he could whisper in my ear. 

"We have made the first bond."

"How many are their?"

"Mind, heart, body and soul. Then we will be home little Wildfire." There were cheers and I looked over at the castle to see everyone had come outside to see the show. I glared at my guard as he walked over to me. He had orange hair with black streaks in it and huge green eyes.

"This is a good thing. Now if we can get you used to our protection then all will be well." I rolled my eyes and spoke before I thought. 

"Please. If I can take care of Jar's ass after he tortured me I'm sure..." I stopped as I realized what I'd said and my guard seemed to stop breathing. When he spoke his voice was strained. 

"You have been injured and I was not there?" I reached up and touched where the stitches had been on my face. I'd forgotten the vines had healed them. His eyes followed the gesture I made. Then his eyes narrowed as he drew his sword, yeah sword, and handed it to the King. 

"Kill me liege. I have failed." I jerked the sword from Zak's hand as I spoke. 

"The hell he will. I..." I saw the look on the guards face and sighed as I brushed minds with Zak. 

"A little help here. And if you'd let me show him how well I can take care of myself I'd be...grateful." Zak glanced at me then at my guard. 

"Rise Wizeral. She got captured on my watch not yours. And I did not get her out. She got herself out." 

"And ruptured his nuts don't forget that." Every male winced as Wic stood. I rubbed my hands together and barely kept myself from bouncing up and down. 

"So Wic, Zak said I could show you what I can do. How do you feel about sparring with me? I'll even give you a handicap." They all laughed except Zak and Wic. Wiz glanced at Zak as he nodded. Wic looked back at me. 

"Agreed I will show you how a Diha fights. So you will know how greatly I can protect you. Also my name is..." Zak cut him off. 

"Give it up. She calls me King or Zak."  

"Or fairy." Someone shouted as Zak glowered at the crowd around us. I chuckled as I slapped Wic on the back. 

"See you in the ring in twenty. I've got to change clothes." Everyone chuckled again as I dashed into the house.

...............

When I walked into the gym everyone else was already there, including the kids and servants. Wic was leaning on the ropes and talking to Zak. They all straightened as I walked in. I paused to pull my hair up then climbed in the ring.  

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I grinned and bowed to him. 

"Are you?" He nodded and smiled that male smile that says he humoring you. See, I was going to have been easy on him but not after that smile. I started with a double punch followed by a throat chop. He caught the throat chop but then I'd known he would. I also knew he would Sidhe fight and he was huge. So I cheated. I dashed behind him and kicked his knees so he fell. Then I kicked again so his jewels were in his throat. After that it was easy. Two minutes later he tapped out. Grinning I helped him up. 

"I swear I thought you would wear a cup. I really did rupture his testicles." Wic grunted and staggered to his feet. 

"I...I thought you were joking. Now I...we see you were not. Next time I will wear one and you can show me these moves of yours. What are they called?" For the first time in awhile I through back my head and really laughed. Laughed so hard I fell back on the mat. When I was done I sat up and looked at Wic who was looking at me like I'd lost my mind. 

"Street Fighting. It's called street fighting."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 106 17
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony. Then the Fire Nation attacked. But there was not war everywhere. In the Fire Nation, Akira, a c...
628 8 18
Amy has has the best life, she has good friends, a good parent, and the best boys chasing after her, but when a new guy, zack, comes and moves right...
342K 10.8K 28
She refused to show mercy. She refused to die in this world of monstrosities. Maybe that's why she became what she was, They call her Seventeen. She...
63.3K 4.4K 61
*Book 2 of the Destined Series* The clock is ticking for Ryleigh. Duty calls, and she knows she has to leave her mate and new-found friends to return...