Chapter 4: The Windows Cracked

A/N: THIS IS IN NOONE'S POV IT'S SOMETHING I DID TO SHOW ZAC'S POV WITHOUT PUTTING IT IN THIRD PERSON CAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO SWITCH POV IN THIS BOOK. I'LL SAY WHEN IT GOES BACK TO ANA POV.

CHAPTER 4

THE WINDOWS CRACKED

Zak awoke at dawn unsure of what had awakened him. Then he realized Ana wasn't in the room. Slowly he stood and got dressed as he walked to the window and peered out. She was at his car walking around it, seeming to debate with herself as she tossed his keys from hand to hand. Then she opened the door and slid in the driver's seat. She thought she was going to leave him here? He grinned and whispered a spell. He opened the door as he felt himself sliding invisible.  

By the time he got to the car she had gotten out and was looking under the hood. Curious he walked over so he could hear her muttering. 

"I cannot believe he has such a cool car and doesn't even take care of it. His oil is a quart low. Well, it will be okay till I get to a gas station." Quickly, while she was distracted he slid into the passenger's seat. She wouldn't get away from him that easily. When she got in and stuck the key in the ignition she paused and leaned her head on the steering wheel. 

"I can do this. I know I can. I can't let him get any closer to me. And I know what will happen then." With that her face got that look he was coming to think of as her 'I'm not backing down if it kills me' look. Then she put the car in drive and pulled out of the lot.  

Ten minutes later she'd turned on a rock song and was singing at the top of her lungs as she drove down the highway. He'd been so busy watching her he let his spell fall and he abruptly popped into view. Ana screamed and jerked the wheel as the car started to spin out of control. 

ANA POV 

I stood by the side of the road shaking with barely controlled fury as Zak surveyed the damage to his car. I tasted blood in my mouth and realized I'd been gnawing on my lip to keep from speaking. Whirling I turned my back on him and walked over to a tree that lay on its side a few feet away.  

I sat on the tree as I struggled to keep my calm. It wouldn't be like before when I lost my temper. I could feel the tempest growing inside of me and swirling around. I instinctively knew if I lost it now when my Sidhe side was no longer bound that I might hurt him. I didn't want to hurt him. I closed my eyes and struggled for calm. Unfortunately I wasn't known for a calm temperament. 

"Ana." I felt his hand on my shoulder and I sucked in a deep breath. 

"Not now Zak. I'm feeling a little explosive right now."  

"I'm sorry I scared you and then yelled at you but you should have stayed in the room. Then none of this would have happened." His hand on my shoulder was not helping me at all. I felt fire sliding through my veins and I knew I was going to lose it. Calm my ass. I couldn't keep calm when he was calling me his soul-mate and bossing me around like I was one of his subjects. Jerking from his grasp I leapt up as my eyes flew open. I looked down to see red light pulsing over my skin. I looked at Zak who was eying me warily with his hands raised.