Chapter 7: Fighting My Own Battles

• Dedicated to Kolby and Haley

CHAPTER SEVEN

FIGHTING MY OWN BATTLES

ANA POV

"I do not see what the big deal is. She doesn't look Sidhe. Well, her ears maybe but she's probably weak. I bet I could take her right now." I cracked my eyes open to see two children standing in front of me. They looked exactly the same with white hair and pale blue eyes but the one speaking had curly hair. They both wore white tunic shirts and white pants. They were also extremely tan for such pale features. The one I was assuming was Lai because of the 'tude and curly hair stepped forward as I opened my eyes all the way. 

"Try it and I'll hold you upside down by your ankles." Lai's mouth opened but Zak cut her off from his stance beside the dresser. 

"Lai, leave her alone." I stretched and got up from the bed, pulling the sheet with me. I wrapped the sheet around me and headed to the bathroom. I brushed by Zak and patted his chest. I was at the bathroom door when I felt the slight breeze. Releasing the sheet I reached out and grabbed Lai by her ankle as she came at me. She hung upside down with her arms crossed over her chest, pouting. I rolled my eyes and held up two fingers. 

"Two younger sisters. And the seven year old is smarter than me. I can take whatever you dish. So bring it." She glared at me. 

"You want to put me down so you can cover up? Cause my brother is only eight." I rolled my eyes as I set her down and grabbed my sheet. 

"I think we'll get along just fine Lai...just fine." With that I walked into the bathroom and shut the door then started the shower.

................

I dressed in a short black mini skirt and a white tank. I slid on knee high leather boots and tromped out the door only to be followed by two guards standing at the door. I rolled my eyes and ignored them. I stopped short at the entranceway to the dining room and stared. Eight people were seated at the table with Zak at the head. The seat beside him was empty. I sighed and walked over to the chair and sat down. The man to Zak's right spoke as I took a sip of D.P. 

"So this is your soul..." I picked up the knife beside the plate and twirled it as I spoke. 

"Finish that sentence and I'll pin your ear to the wall." He gulped as the man at the far end of the table laughed aloud. 

"She is definitely for you cousin." I glared at him as I took my hair behind my ear. Trying to change the subject I glanced at Zak. 

"Where are the kids anyway?" Zak looked puzzled like I should already know the answer. 

"They are upstairs eating breakfast. Children do not eat with the adults." My fury overcame me so quickly that the room exploded with my magic light before I could stop it. Everyone turned to me as I grinded my teeth together and struggled to rein myself in. The cousin started to speak, his gray eyes, worried but Zak held up his hand for silence. Smart of him. We both knew what had happened last time I'd lost control.