Vanilla And Cocoa

By bookwormsince2001

Spin-Off installment to the Cocoa and Vanilla Series What if the decisions that sealed Destiny and Justin's f... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 "The Beginning"
Chapter 2 "Problems"
Chapter 3 "The Party (Part 1)"
Chapter 4 "The Party (Part 2)"
Chapter 6 "Morning Meetings"
Chapter 7 "Just A Little Bit"
Chapter 8 "The First Feeling"
Chapter 9 "Belonging"
Chapter 10 "Secrets"
Chapter 11 "Red-handed"
Chapter 12 "Hope"
Chapter 13 "Kid You Not"
Chapter 14 "Those Who Stay Together, Stay Together"
Chapter 15 "At The Drawing Board"
Chapter 16 "Mommy Dearest"
Chapter 17 "Morning Of The Year"
Chapter 18 "Oops, I Did It Again"
Chapter 19 "Good Ol' Platonic Cuddling"
Chapter 20 "Daddy Lessons"
Chapter 21 "I Hate You"
Chapter 22 "The Storm Comes Too Quickly After The Calm"
Chapter 23 "Should've Known"
Chapter 24 "Plan B"
Chapter 25 "Between The Lines"
Chapter 26 "Tailspin"
Chapter 27 "Waiting"
Chapter 28 "Evaluation"
Chapter 29 "By Your Side"
Chapter 30 "Love"
Chapter 31 "Pinky Promises"
Chapter 32 "Objective One"
Chapter 33 "It Takes Time"
Chapter 34 "Give"
Chapter 35 "Cocoa"
Chapter 36 "Catch Me Up"
Chapter 37 "Graduation: Morning"
Chapter 38 "Communication"
Chapter 39 "Let's Talk"
Chapter 40 "Vignettes of the Summer"
Chapter 41 "And When The Dust Settles"

Chapter 5 "The Party (Part 3)"

1.8K 120 79
By bookwormsince2001

I glanced between the two parties for a few seconds before sighing and pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Zay, can I talk to you outside?"

He nodded stiffly and started to move towards the stairs. I followed him, not looking at the group of heated girls. Zay was walked down the stairs two at a time and I struggled to keep up.

We walked out on the same balcony I found Justin on and I crossed my arms over my chest, waiting patiently. Zay let out a breath, walking over to the railing and gripping it tightly. He turned his head to me and slowly straighted his back. "I hate girls like you."

Oh, wow. Here we go.

"Why is that?" I asked calmly.

"They're so manipulative and good for nothing. You lied to me and everyone else. I regret that I ever trusted you. Never let us see you again at another one of our parties. Stay out of our way at school. Don't ever look our way. Tell that to your friends, too."

Ouch.

I hummed and uncrossed my arms. "Are you done?"

Zay didn't answer and I figured it was okay to continue. "Let's get something straight. Number one, they aren't my friends. I don't have any. Number two, fuck you. Number three, before you make assumptions maybe you should get the whole story. I helped your sorry ass friend prevent himself from passing out on this very balcony," I walked to the sliding door and cut him a sharp look over my shoulder. "Since you hate girls like me, I'll gladly pretend that you all don't exist. Make sure to check on Justin because he didn't look too great the last time I saw him."

His eyes widened and he looked guilty. "Wait-"

But I was practically already running to the door. I want to go home. I want to go home. I want-

"Destiny!" Ashley's voice caused a prick of anger run through my body.

"What?" I spat.

We were in the front yard and they formed a semi circle that blocked the view to the house. Ashley looked hurt and angry, making me nearly laugh. "What the hell was that?! I thought we had a plan!"

"I wasn't part of your little plan. I never said I wanted to participate. It's not my fault you all suck at finding one person." I gritted out.

"You're supposed to be on my team." She said balling her hands into fists. I stood a quick glance at the other girls and they stood by her side like a protection squad.

I looked at the sky for a moment for a quick prayer. If I get jumped tonight, please let them look worse than I do.

"I was never on your team. You just assumed that." I finally answered.

Charlie laughed and stepped forward, laughing. "I never really liked you."

"Likewise." I said, tensing up for a fight. Deciding it was best to prepare, I kicked my shoes off and doubled my headband so my puffy hair was up in a ponytail.

"You think you the shit, aren't you?" Charlie spat, getting closer.

"I do." My fingernails were digging into my palms from anticipation.

She stopped when we were nose to nose and she grimaced. "You ain't shit and never going to be sh-"

My fist seemed to shut her up. Adrenalin was pumping through my veins as I jumped on her and swung. She grabbed my ponytail and tugged with all her strength. I hissed at the pain and clawed at her hand. I felt someone kick me in my ribs and I grunted at the pain.

I finally got Charlie to let go of my hair and rolled off of her to get a look at the bitch who thought kicking me was a good idea.

"There's a fight!" There was a yell from the house but I was focused on Julie.

Julie helped Charlie up and I spat on the ground. Angel ran up on me next and tried to immediately reach for my hair. I punched her straight in her mouth, fist stinging from impact.

"You bitch!" Pain stung in my jaw and my head snapped to the side. Getting hit hurts.

I tasted the iron like liquid in my mouth and kicked Charlie in her chest. Arms wrapped around my midsection and pulled me back. I struggled against them and I managed to get loose once more, getting one more hit in before I was restrained again.

"Destiny, calm down!" Zay yelled.

"Fuck you! Let me go." My cheek throbbed and I flipped the girls off. Ugh, that's going to swell.

"Let me go. Please. I just want to go home." I pleaded.

"I'll give you a ride." I shook my head.

"I'll walk home."

"Destiny, you're hurt and-"

"I'll walk and cool off." I said.

He hesitantly let me go as Ashley and the others left. I sniffed and walked in the opposite direction, grabbing my shoes off of the ground along the way. I spat several times on my walk to try and get the taste of blood out of my mouth.

My mom is going to kick my ass.

I shook my head and used my shirt to wipe the blood off of my lip. How the fuck could so much happen in one night? What the hell am I even going to do about the project now? I guess I could talk to my teacher...

I failed to hear the sound of a car slowing down and someone calling out to me. The loud horn shook me out of my thoughts and I jumped. I turned to the car beside me and a guy was squinting at me.

"You look like shit." He commented.

"Thank you...?" I said slowly.

"Um, do you need a ride? I can help you out. Nothing creepy, I promise." He smiled nervously.

"That's something a creepy person would say." I stated and his eyebrows furrowed.

"Really?"

"Really." I confirmed.

"You're bleeding. Are you okay?" He jumped out of the car and inspected my face. I leaned away from him and nodded.

"I'm fine. I'm just heading home." I said.

"Well, you're chariot awaits." He opened the car door for me and I eyed the car skeptically.

"If you try anything, I'll kick your ass." I still had some adrenalin to spare.

"Oh, please. I wouldn't stoop so low. Why would I?" He asked.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because rapists exist?" I asked sarcastically.

"Just come on. I'm running low on gas." He said gesturing to the seat.

I sighed and hesitantly got in. He closed the door and walked around, getting in the drivers' seat. I put my seatbelt on and I watched him do the same. "Where are we headed?"

"You know where Rosalin Lake is?" I ask.

He nodded and smiled. "I live over there."

"What are you doing all the way over here?" I asked curiously.

"Do you know of a volunteer group called H.T.I.N?" He asked, glancing at me.

I shook my head and he continued. "Well, it's a volunteer group. I left my bag at the building so I ran back over to get it."

"Oh, okay." After that, we were quiet and I felt a headache coming on. I undid my hair to ease it making my hair flare out and around my face.

There was a ticking sound and the guy clicked his tongue. "Do you mind if we make a stop at the gas station?"

"No." I watched as he pulled into the nearest gas station and I could clearly see him face now.

He had tanned skin and bright blue eyes. His light brown hair was combed over into his face. He was wearing a leather jacket and a white tee that read a bands' name. He was handsome, to say the least.

As soon as I opened my mouth to comment, my nose started dripping blood. "U-um..."

His eyes widened and he scrambled for a napkin. He got one and pressed it to my nose. I tried to take over but he moved my hands away. "Pinch the bridge of your nose."

I followed his orders and I glanced at him over the tissue. He was staring at me but when he realized he got caught, he laughed nervously.

"I've had girls literally throw themselves at me but I've never seen a girl get an actual nose bleed because of me." I rolled my eyes but smiled, anyway, because I knew he was trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, you're a real charmer." I added sarcastically and he laughed genuinely.

"I'll go pay for gas and get you some more tissues." He slowly let go of the tissue and I quickly replaced with spot with my hand.

"Thank you." I said nasally as he got out the car.

I waited patiently while he was walked into the gas station as he got napkins and paid for the gas. He jogged back to the car as few minutes later and handed me the napkins through the window. I grabbed them with a grateful nod of my head and he proceeded to pump the gas into the car.

My nose bleed stopped by the time we got back on the road and the guy glanced over to me curiously. "Why are you all busted up like that, anyway?"

"I got in a fight with some girls over some petty business." I answered, wiping away the leftover blood with a tissue.

"By the looks of it, you didn't want any part of it."

I raised an sarcastic eyebrow. "What are you, physic?"

"Probably." He winked and pointed to our neighborhood sign. "Where do you live?"

"Like hell I'll tell you that. I'll get out here," I unbuckled my seat belt and got out when he slowed to a stop. "Thank you."

"No problem. Wait," He leaned over and peered at me through the door. "What's your name?"

I stared at him blankly and he gave me a puppy dog look. "Come on, give me something."

I sighed and leaned close. "Listen closely because I'm only going to tell you once. My name is Destiny."

"Destiny..." He whispered, testing it on his tongue.

I was about to turn around and leave before a thought struck me. "What's yours?"

He lifted his head and his blue eyes shimmered in the moonlight. "Cameron."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 820 5
Mika was adopted and had to leave his orphanage when he was young but he is 16 now and one person is still in his mind someone named Yuu. (By the way...
2.7K 313 42
ნათელი ოკეანის სამეფოს, ოკეანის ნაპირას ჩარჭობილი სკეპტრონის ხმალი არცერთი ტახტის მემკვიდრეს არ ამოუღია და არ დაუფლებია, იმის შემდეგ რაც ეს ნათელი ოკ...
321K 21.2K 19
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
138K 8.3K 14
"Won't you come back, Jimin?"